<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Start  

Kessler Air Rifle[pic.]

December 27 2006 at 4:31 PM

(Login oldwizzer)

Picture of Kessler owned by OLDnUGLY.The quality of these air rifles were very good. Ejwills.

This message has been edited by oldwizzer on Dec 27, 2006 4:35 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
OldnUgly
(Login Oldnugly)

Kessler

December 27 2006, 4:45 PM 

Yes the Kessler is very good quality. Just bought a seal kit for it. Unfortunately I will be leaving for three months and probably cant do the rebuild until I return. Should be a potent old girl when its resealed.

Respond to this message   

(Login stev60)

Another Kessler

June 30 2012, 1:57 AM 

Resealed and shooting great
[linked image] [linked image]

Respond to this message   

(Login DTFletcher)

Kessler is a weird design

July 2 2012, 11:00 PM 

The part quality of the Kessler is pretty good. But, the design is, in my opinion, downright weird, since it requires special copper spacers to keep the compression tube in alignment with the barrel.

Remember: many Kesslers were put together by hobby builders, long after Kessler went under, so, sometimes the build quality can be better than what is found original to Kessler manufacturing.

Respond to this message   
Steve
(Login stev60)

kessler

July 3 2012, 4:48 PM 

I agree with the copper spacer, its awkward to get the barrel and tube to realign as the spacer will compress. It took me three attempts to get it right, the slightest overtightening will cause the front sight to end up on an angle, which makes accuracy impossible. The valve is well made, the ball bearing exhaust works well.

Respond to this message   
DT Fletcher
(Login DTFletcher)

Copper spacers

July 3 2012, 6:09 PM 

With each original Kessler there was a small envelope with extra spacers. You are supposed to add spacers to make it possible to completely tighten the assembly and still have the sights aligned. I've posted the original Kessler owners instructions which talks to this.

I suspect that Ron Sauls still has some of these copper spacers.

Respond to this message   

(Login kesslerintheblood)

odd kessler

August 12 2012, 3:51 PM 

Has anyone ever comer across a Kessler air pistol? A long time ago I heard about one in New Jersey. It was a crudely stocked,cut down version of the rifle with a few mods to the cocking hammer.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Kessler Air Rifle[pic.]
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Start  
This forum dedicated to all that enjoy collecting and restoring airguns. Have fun. Dave