<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Start  

Benjamin Franklin Model 312

July 3 2007 at 3:54 AM
  (Login Mike95_99)

My neighbour has the above in brass, calibre .22 and serial number H353004. The gun is a pump up pneumatic but has no pressure and I assume the seals are perished. Could the pump up experts on the forum tell me if seals are still available for this model and if they can be sourced in the UK?

I believe that a "special tool" is needed to remove the valve?

Mike

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Dave
(Premier Login oldcoot)
Forum Owner

Mike...

July 3 2007, 6:48 AM 

although this is a Benj. pistol, I believe the tools, and info shown is simular to the rifle. I'm sure someone can confirm.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/405945/message/1173560360/

www.vintageairgun.com

Respond to this message   
Dave
(Premier Login oldcoot)
Forum Owner

serial number is for a 1967 model..

July 3 2007, 7:26 AM 

Respond to this message   

Bill S.
(Login tripleguy)

Often, you just need a pump cup

July 3 2007, 10:05 AM 

I've seen quite a few older Benjis now and most of them will pump and hold pressure with a new pump cup. Seems there is often nothing wrong with the valve seal but the pump cup shrinks with age and doesn't allow pressure build up. Try replacing that first - it's an easy one. While you have the piston out, clean up the pump tube. You'll find a lot of gunk in there - I've used engine de-greaser and a rag to clean.

As for the valve seal, you will need a valve tool for removal of the locking nut and a puller to get the valve out. It should be the same as the pistol.

"but I'll be needin' that gun, fer squirrels and such."

Respond to this message   
Lawrie Amatruda
(Login LawrieA)

Benjamin 312

July 3 2007, 10:46 AM 

Mike you have E-mail, Lawrie.

Respond to this message   

(Login Mike95_99)

Model 312

July 4 2007, 12:46 PM 

Many thanks, I have replied to Lawrie and passed on the message to the owner. Nice gun, all brass hanging on a wall...nice to see it back in action.

Mike

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Benjamin Franklin Model 312
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Start  
This forum dedicated to all that enjoy collecting and restoring airguns. Have fun. Dave