<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Start  

Anschutz 220 versus 250 ................LOTS OF PICS

November 4 2007 at 2:23 PM

(Login rokarf)

There has been posts written about both models,so I won't
discribe them in detail,just show you some comparison pics.

Early Model 250 is on top:

[IMG][/IMG]

Much steeper angle on the 250 pistol grip.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Longer barrel on the 250.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Nice vieuws of the different side-lever releases.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Slimmer stockshape on the 220.

[IMG][/IMG]

Cylinder stampings.

[IMG][/IMG]

Diopterrails (220 on top).

[IMG][/IMG]

Different trigger guard,and take notice of the more forward
angled pistolgrip.

[IMG][/IMG]

Both guns undressed.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Loading gate on the 250 seems normal to us nowadays.

[IMG][/IMG]

Loading gate on the 220 is something special.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Some different models 220 to top it off.

[IMG][/IMG]

--------------------------------------
Frank

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login lhd)

Wow, really nice workup!

November 4 2007, 4:57 PM 

I have a 250, but now I wouldnt mind having a 220 as well!

Respond to this message   
MDriskill
(Login MDriskill)

Fantastic!

November 4 2007, 5:03 PM 

Frank, great guns and great photos! Posts like this are why I hang around here!

Actually I'm probably most impressed by the last photo...I didn't realize that the 220 was made with two different stock styles, and your beautiful left-handed example is outstanding.

Thanks!

Respond to this message   

(Login GTBlackwell)

I certainly agree with Mike, a true photographic essay....

November 4 2007, 7:16 PM 

of beautiful early guns. It always amazes me to look at the details, care, finish and machining that was lavished on early competition guns. I had a 2002 SSP that shot better than any airgun I have owned but could not generate any affection for it. Still should have keep it but the 220-250's are works of art. Really like the grip areas as noted. Fine guns as usual, Frank, many thanks for posting them.....GB

Respond to this message   
leonardj
(Login leonardj)

Excellent post, Frank.......

November 4 2007, 7:47 PM 

Not much that I can add that the others haven't already said, other than thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge and collection.

About a week ago at a local airgun show, I actually had the opportunity to finally examine, in hand, an Anschutz 220. Very unique indeed. I was particularly surprized at how the diopter mount is almost like a shroud over the main tube. Is it spotwelded in place, or is it fastened in place on the underside? I didn't get to shoot the 220, so didn't get to see that very interesting loading ramp. Yet one more gun that I have placed on my "want" list.

Respond to this message   

(Login sgtjohn_1)

Awesome pictorial...pics...

November 4 2007, 8:23 PM 

Made me think of the 250 I received from Lewis downunder a while back...thought there was something different but couldn't figure it out...so had to dig it out...(its the full stipling and rails)...

Thanks for teh pics...

Respond to this message   

(Login rokarf)

There are more different 250 models .........

November 5 2007, 5:36 AM 

Actually all the Anschutz 220 and 250 models do have the rail(U.I.T.-RAIL as it was called).

The 250 variation you have,has stippling on the pistol grip area as to the earlyer chequered models,but how does the front sight attach to the barrel??

I have seen another variation with stippling all over the gun and a front sight mounted on a "scope rail",so you could lengthen or shorten your line of sight.

(the pic is "borrowed" from ?? )

[IMG][/IMG]

-------------------------------
Frank

Respond to this message   

(Login sgtjohn_1)

Front sight

November 5 2007, 7:53 AM 

is attached just like the one in fourth photo above...

Respond to this message   
leonardj
(Login leonardj)

My late LG-250 has the UIT rail - close-up.......

November 5 2007, 7:25 PM 

My late LG-250:

And a close-up of the front sight rail:

Respond to this message   
yana
(Login hwtyger)

Re: My late LG-250 has the UIT rail - close-up.......

February 24 2009, 7:03 AM 

Can anyone tell how old my 250 is?
SN 70275
Looks like stippling.
Front sight is mounted on a ramp.

Respond to this message   

Garvin
(Premier Login Garvin2)

Brilliant pics

November 5 2007, 5:54 AM 

Thanks for taking the time.

Respond to this message   

Arnold Smith
(Login chardosmith)

a few more pics

November 5 2007, 8:23 AM 

Here are a couple of photos of one from this side of the pond. I bought this one used, but it wouldn't cock. After spending some time looking at the details of how the rifle worked, it seemed that the loading ramp was a half millimeter to long. took a bit of 220 sandpaper and after 10 minutes of gentle removal, the action cocked appropriately....

Here are a couple of photos of the trigger group and then one with the trigger removed. This is different mechanism from my other springers. Also, considered looking for seal replacements, but when the rear endcap is removed, there is a seal under the cap (apparently for the recoil absorbtion) and it looked perfect. Additionally, the rest of the powerplant didn't want to come out, so a little FWB grease and back together she went.

The 220 is really a uniquely complex airgun. With the mix of a moving loading ramp, recoil absorption, uniques shaped stock and nice trigger. I find it a keeper.

Arnold Smith
"Betcha Can't Have Just One"

Respond to this message   

(Login GTBlackwell)

Frank, I can look at this post/thread over and over.....thanks

February 24 2009, 11:22 AM 

It confirms my believe that the 220-250's were the ultimate match airguns. perhaps the ultimate airguns in the sense they represented excellent workmanship and materials , beauty of proportion and line and excellent performance. It is a real treat to see them...

GB

Respond to this message   

(Login ddmann)

You said it Gaines

February 25 2009, 12:56 AM 

Sooner or later I will be able to pick up a HW55, after that a 220 is next on the list of my dream guns.

Respond to this message   

(Login rokarf)

Seal replacement solution made by Reric.

February 25 2009, 6:04 AM 

This was sent to me by AVA member "Reric" ,I am allowed to post it here to help other Anschutz 220 owners.

"Frank here is the way I repair the rear buffer since there were no available parts in the USA. Six parts were replaced with three. The grey material is nylatron. The red material is 95 duro urethane. Sizing is critical on the urethane diameter. It should be between .0005 and .001 inch undersize of the bore of the rear chamber to get the best recoil reduction. Moly , gun oil, and Rig grease are mixed into a thin paste and added to the buffer seal cavity to provide lubrication

Sent you this because you have several that one day might need some help and the testing on this mod has already been completed. Feel free to post this on the current Vintage Forum topic on the Anchutz 220. I don't do pictures very well or I would post it (notice the huge size it came to you LOL)
Have a Great Day !!!!
reric"

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Just to make it more complete,here is the exploded view.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

----------------------------------
Frank

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Anschutz 220 versus 250 ................LOTS OF PICS
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Start  
This forum dedicated to all that enjoy collecting and restoring airguns. Have fun. Dave