<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Start  

Help! Daisy 200

December 26 2007 at 3:12 PM

(Login oldwizzer)

I know for the most part we dont deal with very many types of Daisy's on this forum,but i see so many post asking for help on repairig these pistols [Mod.200]as they are noted leakers and the seals are just about impossible to come by, even so it would be nice if some one who has worked on rebuilding these pistols would post their experience with some pictures and instructions.I know that at one time WCSG posted a great article on tearing this pistol down and re-building it, along with some nice pictures but the files were on his old computer and lost to the ages.
Ejwills.

Sometimes silence is golden,sometimes it's not.

This message has been edited by oldwizzer on Dec 26, 2007 3:17 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Dave
(Premier Login oldcoot)
Forum Owner

EJ..this is about the only thing I could find

December 26 2007, 3:27 PM 

Daisy 200 Repair procedure . For what it's worth
December 24 2006 at 2:28 PM wcsg (Login wcsg)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, got the old computer back to life. Two virgin sheep sacrifices always do the trick. This is a cut and past. I still have not tried it. But, I've been told it works. Good luck.
12/11/2002
Daisy recently gave me a schematic but they do not have parts. I have been down every road to attempt to get my 3) 200's (a childhood favorite) up and running again. I have found hope, but have not attempted repair as yet. Daisy turned me onto a fellow in Michigan who had bought up the remaining parts - he is out of them. However, he walked me through how to revive the seals if they are not damaged. If they are damaged or cracked, you've got a dust collector. He described the 200/300 internals as the strangest of strange and most complex (for no reason he could come up with). Anyway, you need a small Phillips head screw driver, flat head screw driver, lighter fluid and q-tips. Remove the rear sight, take out the screw before the trigger guard, unscrew rt. grip, take screw out of grip area you just uncovered, take off trigger spring, hold the barrel, hold the grip (make sure your Co2 is out of gas before this next step) pull back on the grip to slide the top off, if you have bb's in the gun they are now rolling around on your floor!, there is a spring in the "lifter" so pull apart guardedly, it does spring out so hold your hand over the upper area to catch it, remove the lifter, at the end of the receiver (near were you load the bb's, there is a round piece with a extension sticking off - this piece is a screw / THE REST OF THIS IS UNTRIED BY ME - ONLY IN THE INSTRUCTIONS HE GAVE ME/ unscrew this piece, there is a series of seals, the white one is as fragile as a potato chip and if it is chipped or broken YOU'RE Done. Boy was that a run on sentence or what? Now the gun is apart, clean everything with the lighter fluid. Lighter fluid has high evaporation, with slight lubrication properties - 3in 1 oil will EAT your seals! Clean the seals and the chamber, remember, the white disc is VERY FRAGILE. Clean the lifter and the chamber, reassemble the gun.
He said the gun sitting dormant is the worst thing for it - so for it's good health, shoot it often (it could be worse).
I put 40 hours of surfing and phone calls into coming up with this info. If anyone out there has found a solid source for parts for the 200/300 please let me know. My email is ibisimon@hotmail.com
Please note the model 1200 that replaced the 200 and looks quite similar has no interchangeable parts. Good luck to all who attempt.

www.vintageairgun.com

Respond to this message   

(Login oldwizzer)

Dave,Thanks.

December 26 2007, 3:52 PM 

I have that one,maybe one day John may be able to come up with his file.
Ejwills.

This message has been edited by oldwizzer on Dec 26, 2007 3:54 PM

Respond to this message   
Steve P.
(Login joplin38t)

I attempted this awhile back and...

December 26 2007, 8:53 PM 

Didn't see any white seal as the article mentions. The 200's inner valve assembly looks much like any other CO2 air pistol with breech seal, piston, and piston seal... but everything looks to be made of hard plastic. Either the rubber stuff has hardened over time, or Daisy successfully used hard plastic in a valve assembly... I don't know.

I'd also be very interested to hear any success stories in rebuilding a 200.

Steve P.

Respond to this message   

(Premier Login Grantthekiwi)

Mod 200

December 26 2007, 4:00 PM 

EJ i have seen an article by Trevor Adams, about an alternative seal that can be used. Perhaps he will see your enquiry, and be able to Help.

Grant, N.Z.

Respond to this message   

(Login oldwizzer)

Grant.

December 26 2007, 4:42 PM 

I hope he does,he's pretty savvy when it comes to airguns.
Ejwills.

Respond to this message   

Grant

Re. Daisy Mod 200.

December 26 2007, 8:58 PM 

Been in touch with Trevor, and He tells Me that the spike powerlet piercer on the Mod 200 can be replaced with the Piercer unit from the Daisy Model 1200 Pistol.

Hope that is a Solution to your Problem.

Regards Grant, N.Z.

Respond to this message   

Trevor
(Login tca)

Daisy 200/300

December 26 2007, 8:59 PM 

The cutest double-action you will ever see!
The only thing I ever came up with was the fact you could replace the 200's "spike" powerlet piercer with a piercing unit(and seal) from a Daisy Model 1200.I did this mod when 1200 parts were plentiful but I guess no-one has them now?
I DO have the Model 200 Service manual which I can scan for you.It is very useful-let's you know how to use Scotch tape to hold bits together whilst reassembling the gun! Trev

Respond to this message   

(Login oldwizzer)

Grant,,Trev.

December 27 2007, 1:26 PM 

Thanks for all your help,i have a manual but it does not show the seals as Daisy would replace a sub assembly rather than bother with seperate parts.
again thanks,
Ejwills.

Respond to this message   

As the Poster on Trevs Gunroom Door Says.

December 27 2007, 3:08 PM 

[IMG][/IMG]

Ive got this one to reseal myself.

[IMG][/IMG]

Regards Grant, N.Z.

Respond to this message   
Glen
(Login pabirdman)

model 200

December 27 2007, 8:52 PM 

I thought I would put my 2 cents.The 200 has the same internals as the 300.Before I was told parts were not available,I ripped it apart,used rubber seals in place of those hard seals,and she now shoots like a champ.Don't listen to the people who say it can't be done.

Respond to this message   
Ian
(Login eboy2)

Re: model 200

December 28 2007, 4:11 AM 

Hi Glen
I would be very interested to know exactly what you did to reseal your 200. Would you be able to post step by step details? I know a number of people who have tried to repair these pistols with no success. I have a couple that currently do not work but I am reluctant to start repairs until I know what to do, so any help you can give would be much appreciated.

Respond to this message   
Steve P.
(Login joplin38t)

Come on Glen... tell us how!

December 29 2007, 1:40 AM 

We would all appreciate some details. Most of us still believe it can't be done, so prove us wrong!

Respond to this message   

Grant.

Well EJ.

December 28 2007, 3:31 AM 

Ive Discovered Why the Model 200's had so much Trouble with their Seal!! They had Daisy's Exclusive Valve System with "No O-Ring" to Leak or Fail.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

So it looks like Any Seal would be Better than the Original One, Lol.

Grant, N.Z.

This message has been edited by Grantthekiwi on Dec 28, 2007 3:40 AM

Respond to this message   

(Login oldwizzer)

Well Grant.

December 28 2007, 3:23 PM 

Just goes to show you can't believe every thing you read, i know the mod.200 was to be a trouble free replacement for the mod.100[i don't think so!]I was hoping some one would post on those seals which are impossible to find.In my initial post i recalled that WCSG had worked on one and had a nice breakdown on this model,but it got lost in his old hard drive.i hope he finds time to do another article on this pistol as there are so many are out there in need of repair.
Ejwills.

Respond to this message   

Getting back to Trevor.

December 28 2007, 3:31 PM 

I think the Point He was trying to make, was that by using the Piercer Assembly from the Later Model 1200 which has a seal, the problem is solved.

Grant, N.Z.

Respond to this message   

(Login oldwizzer)

I"m not sure.

December 28 2007, 3:55 PM 

The piercing assembly has a small 'o' ring i believe the seal[the one that doesn't need replacing] is in the manifold assembly,at least i think so.
Ejwills.

Respond to this message   
Glen
(Login pabirdman)

Re: I"m not sure.

December 29 2007, 10:45 AM 

If someone wants to send one up to Canada I will do a step by step on it.

Respond to this message   

(Login sonofzorro1)

I like the poster, Grant.

December 29 2007, 6:19 PM 

Is that from that old comedy series on TV, I think it was called "Sledge Hammer"? Did he use an airgun for a prop in that show? That was a funny show, too bad it was cancelled.

Respond to this message   

Thats the One Daniel.

December 30 2007, 3:12 AM 

Sledge Hammer,Lol "Trust Me, I know what im Doing". Im not sure where Trev got it, but i presume it was a Header Sheet for a Film or TV Show. Has a local NZ Flavour to it as well.

Grant, N.Z.

Respond to this message   

trevor
(Login tca)

Poster origin.

December 30 2007, 2:36 PM 

It came in a Sunday paper. Would it have been early 90s? It was taken in Auckland.They should have given David Rasche a Daisy 44 CO2 revolver to pose with.:-)Trev

Respond to this message   

(Login oldwizzer)

Glen

December 29 2007, 10:07 PM 

Were looking for knowledge to be shared by members and non members who would like to be able to try and repair the mod.200 on their own., any information you would supply would be appreciated.
Ejwills.

Respond to this message   

Here's a bit of stuff EJ.

December 30 2007, 1:08 AM 

[IMG][/IMG]

I found this Valve unit laying around here, but ive got no idea what it belongs to, maybe somebody will recognise it?

[IMG][/IMG]

I did discover, that the piercer unit and seal, screws straight into the 200's thread.

[IMG][/IMG]

It didnt leak anymore at the piercer, but did out of other places that probably needs new seals, Lol.

These Good Clear Drawings can be found on the US Patent site under Patent 3,269.379

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Grant, N.Z.

This message has been edited by Grantthekiwi on Dec 30, 2007 1:09 AM

Respond to this message   

(Login oldwizzer)

Grant,THANKS!

December 30 2007, 9:10 PM 

Grant,thanks.I'm sure a lot of guys will make good use of the information you provided,you guy's always make an xtra effort to lend a helping hand, its what makes this forum such a great place.
Thanks Again.
Ejwills.

Respond to this message   

No Problem.

December 31 2007, 3:05 AM 

Always happy to Help with an American Classic like a Daisy. I'm going to pull the Valve apart soon for a look, so i will give an update.

Cheers Grant, N.Z.

This message has been edited by Grantthekiwi on Dec 31, 2007 3:07 AM

Respond to this message   

Trevor
(Login tca)

it is a 1200 valve unit Grant

December 31 2007, 5:07 AM 

Happy New Year,Trev

Respond to this message   

Bingo!!

December 31 2007, 5:58 AM 

Thanks Trev. It was in with a boxful of bits and pieces i got from Paul Manders ages ago. I have a 1200 here so i guess i should have dismantled it and checked, but as it turns out the piercer will certainly do what you claimed. Its 5 to Midnight now, so Happy New Year 2008!!

Regards Grant.

Respond to this message   

Daisy 200 Update.

January 1 2008, 11:34 PM 

Special Tools Needed. A modified pair of Pliers and a strip of rubber or Similar, to get the End Plug Out of the Housing.

[IMG][/IMG]

The rest is pretty straight Forwards. There was a seal of some sort around the Piercer stem, up inside the Valve, but it had to be picked out in pieces, cause it was perished. The tiny round disc in the Piercer group is a Fine Gauze Filter. All other bits are shown as found.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Ive put mine back together again, cause i havent got time to source seals or make them yet, but if someone manages to get hold of suitable seals to use as replacements, Keep Me in Mind, Lol. We have little down here for any Daisy, so the chances of me finding suitable seals, without making them are very slim.

Cheers Grant, N.Z.

Respond to this message   

(Login oldwizzer)

Grant that was fast!

January 2 2008, 7:09 PM 

Great pictures, this will be a big help to all of those who may want to work on these old Daisy 200's.Now if we can just come up with some seals.
Thanks again,
Ejwills.

Respond to this message   

Was a Bit.

January 3 2008, 12:02 AM 

I just wanted to get an idea of what i was up against. If i can get the right materials locally to make/use as CO2 seals it wont be a problem, but until i can look into it , i thought it would be better back together, before i loose bits or forget where they went. Im not sure where you guys are up to, so maybe im only showing stuff that everyone already knows. Whatever happens, there is only going to be one Person here in Christchurch, N.Z. who is going to have to Seal this One Lol.

Cheers Grant, N.Z.

Respond to this message   

(Login oldwizzer)

Very Thankful.

January 4 2008, 9:12 AM 

Ejwills.

Respond to this message   

(Login wcsg)

Thanks Grant! Fantastic photo's!

January 15 2008, 9:04 AM 

How ya been buddy? Great, helpful photo's! I'm driving to the Finley Show. You in? I'll pick ya up at the airport! lol

Respond to this message   
Nick Carter
(Login cartertools)

Some further Daisy 200 forensics...

February 10 2009, 9:00 PM 

I tore into my 200 for reasons bordering on insanity. It has a few differences with Grant's 200 that I thought were interesting.
[linked image]
The box, so as to show the vintage
[linked image]
The shuttle(?) spring, note that mine is wider at the top than Grant's
[linked image]
That seal where the piercing pin goes. I haven't dug it out yet to expose the brass piece as Grant shows, but it's down there.
[linked image]
The main valve component assemblies.
[linked image]
I think you may have some of these deep down inside your gun as well, besides the first seal you show on the exhaust(?) valve, there are two more that have mating radiuses, one thin transparent one and another much longer black one.
[linked image]
Another view...

Nick,
From ruralburbian Philomath.
anotherairgunblog.blogspot.com

Respond to this message   

(Login lhd)

I have a 200 that still works ok

February 11 2009, 3:53 AM 

does that mean I have a real prize, or is it more like "better unload it quick"?

Respond to this message   

(Login cartertools)

I'd sell it in a heartbeat

February 11 2009, 2:22 PM 

A working 200 seems to be one of the rarest commodities around! Just don't allow any returns! But I've come to hate Daisy since taking up tinkering. Always a pain to fix in my opinion.
You could get rich (ok, maybe not rich) if you came up with a seal solution.

Nick,
From ruralburbian Philomath.
anotherairgunblog.blogspot.com

Respond to this message   

(Login dennis.ditch)

how does it fire?

August 12 2012, 4:15 PM 

i was at a neighbors house when he threw a daisy co2 200 in the trash with the comment it's broken. i figured i would have a try at fixing it, if it does not work will it be broker?
the only other air gun i have worked on is a daisy 717. the trigger pulls back on the valve rod releasing the air to send the pellet on it's way.
in the daisy co2 200 gun i can find no link to the valve rod from the trigger it just moves the bb elevator up then lets it drop. since you have a detailed picture of this gun i hope you can clarify this for me.
i have followed nick carters blog to disassemble the gun and i have replaced the odd seal with an o ring. thanks nick. i have no co2 things so i will have to wait until my next trip to town to see if what i have done works.

Dennis Ditch

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Help! Daisy 200
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Start  
This forum dedicated to all that enjoy collecting and restoring airguns. Have fun. Dave