<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Start  

Old Benjamin air rifle questions…

May 22 2008 at 1:15 PM

(Login twhooper)

A friend has an old ('50's?) “100 shot repeater” BB rifle. Can't see the model number. Wood stock and tubular grooved forearm. Pump action. Bolt action with BB hole in top of receiver. The receiver and a boss forward on the barrel are grooved on top. The front sight/barrel band has a hole in it above the barrel, below the sight blade.

I believe the gun is missing a tubular magazine for the BB’s that went on top of the barrel/receiver and into the hole in the front sight band.

It is also missing a rear sight, which probably was attached to the magazine tube or loading mechanism.

Please tell me about this gun and where I can get parts to restore it, and who/where I can get new seals or do the work.

Luk.

Be Well... Tom
Think as though you LIFE depends on it...IT DOES!
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Fred S.
(Login Insmeister)

Benji BB repeater

May 24 2008, 1:54 AM 

You may want to check with Ebay. Periodically, old Benjamin fliers and adavertisements are offered for sale. Perhaps by viewing these old marketing pieces online at Ebay you can gain obtain information on your vintage Benji.

Regards,

Fred S.

Respond to this message   

twhooper
(Login twhooper)

thanks Fred,

May 24 2008, 3:55 PM 

I'll look for books and manuals to use for the restoration.

LUK

Be Well... Tom
Think as though you LIFE depends on it...IT DOES!
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Respond to this message   
DT Fletcher
(Login DT_Fletcher)

Benjamin 3100/3120

May 24 2008, 8:32 PM 

sounds like either a 3100 (.177 cal) or a 3120 (.22 cal) however a picture would certainly help in identification.

You should find the model number on the rear of the lower tube.

If it is missing the magazine tube the chances of finding a replacement is pretty slim. However, you still might want to check with the service shops on my repairs webpage.

http://members.aol.com/vintairgun/repairs.htm

getting the gun to shoot again should be hard, since the 3100/3120 have the same internal parts as the much more common 310/317/322 models.

The only manual for the 3100/3120 is a small parts list of the different parts used on these guns. Otherwise, the 310/317/322 manual is it.

See my book, The St Louis and Benjamin Air Rifle Cos. for a complete set of manuals for all of the Benjamin models.

DT Fletcher

Respond to this message   

(Login JBJenkins)

agreement

May 24 2008, 9:44 PM 

a missing magazine is a very difficult request. You may find the model number on the end cap of the body tube in some models. I don't remember off-hand if that applies to the magazines models. Either way when you're done you will have a gun that is worth US$200 or so. If it's an airgun that has sentimental value then, of course, it's worth trying to bring it back. Good luck.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Old Benjamin air rifle questions…
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Start  
This forum dedicated to all that enjoy collecting and restoring airguns. Have fun. Dave