[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Grant, N.Z.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login DANULSON988)

wow! sweet!

September 24 2008, 8:37 AM 

How do you find these treasures? you must have a bunch-o-guns. Thanks for sharing.
Dan O

Respond to this message   
Bob in WV
(Login duhuh)

Nice finds.

September 24 2008, 8:39 AM 

I love the rear flip up sight on that Zenit. Must have been for short range and long range shooting. Are all those pre WW II guns?

Bob in WV

Never get in a hurry, it only slows you down.

Respond to this message   

(Login rokarf)

Never seen a " Zenit " stamped Relum before.

September 24 2008, 9:24 AM 

You can't overlook the bottom one being a Relum/Telly/Grothaus/FEG.
Bur it is the first one with the flip up rear sight and the " Zenit " brand on it,I have seen.

All in all,those guns make a lovely addition to your collection.

--------------------------
Frank

Respond to this message   

Grant
(Premier Login Grantthekiwi)

Regards The ZENIT.

September 24 2008, 5:12 PM 

I must admit that it has that Eastern Block look to it, but according to Smiths Book the ZENIT name was associated with a German Firm with what appears to be close associations with EMGE and Falke. Relum is not actually a Make of Airgun but a British Importer if the Advert below is to be believed?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I presume that ZENIT "by name" was one of the German Companies that fell into Russian hands after WWII?

Regards Grant, N.Z.

This message has been edited by Grantthekiwi on Sep 24, 2008 5:16 PM

Respond to this message   

(Login rokarf)

Zenit is the name of a air pistol,made by EM-GE.

September 25 2008, 3:28 AM 

[IMG][/IMG]

The Hungarian factory called FEG,made air guns for allmost everybody.
For England they put "Relum"on it,for Europe they put "Telly" on it and just for the Netherlands it was called "Grothaus".

Like I said before,this is the first rifle I see with the name "Zenit"on it.

-------------------------------
Frank

Respond to this message   

Hi Frank.

September 25 2008, 3:51 AM 

These are the only other EMGE's I have so the Rifle was a Surprise to Me as well. I was hoping that You had One and could tell Me a bit about it. I was surprised when You said it was the First You had come across. I have another Odd One here that came from the same Guy as the EMGE and ZENIT. Im just doing a little tidy up on it, then i will give you a look at it.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Regards Grant, N.Z.

Respond to this message   

(Login rokarf)

Another EM-GE rifle.

September 25 2008, 9:26 AM 

This is a model 2 made before WW2 marked DRGM (Deutches Reichs Gebrauchs Muster).

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

-----------------------------------------
Frank

Respond to this message   

Grant

Now Thats A Nice One Frank.

September 25 2008, 2:40 PM 

My EMGE hasnt got the DRGM Stamp at the rear of the chamber. Would that make My one a Post War Model?. Do you have any idea on what Year my EMGE would be? as im interested in knowing.

Thanks Grant, N.Z.

Respond to this message   

(Login rokarf)

Thanks,Grant .............

September 25 2008, 4:21 PM 

Your gun is made post WW2 (I think),but isn't there a date stamp on the butt ??

-----------------------
Frank

Respond to this message   

Date Stamp.

September 26 2008, 4:11 AM 

The Butt of the rifle is not badly knocked around Frank, but just enough to make the Date unreadable, Lol.

Grant.

Respond to this message   
Topi
(Login TopiFromFinland)

Em-Ge

October 1 2008, 1:44 AM 

Hi Grant,

I can't be sure but I'd say the Em-Ge is a pre-war one. That's because it's marked as "Germany" instead of "Western Germany" as one of the other ones.

Anyway, it seems to be first sold in Sweden, if we can believe the badge "Rud. Unne, Sportaffär, Christianstad". Sportaffär is Swedish for Sports shop. The name of the town, located in Scania in the south of Sweden, is now spelled "Kristianstad", though. The currently dated spelling on the badge actually also points to a relatively early date of manufacture and sale.

Cheers,

-Topi

Respond to this message   

Thanks Topi.

October 1 2008, 5:37 AM 

That Badge on the Butt is a Nice little Extra, so im glad to hear Your info about it. I hope it is Pre-War Model but it doesnt have the DRGM stamped on it like Franks example, so i cant make any judgement on it myself.

Regards Grant, N.Z.

Respond to this message   

trevor
(Login tca)

ingenious overlever pistol

September 25 2008, 7:45 AM 

That is a lovely repeater Frank! I was having a look at Dennis Hiller's 3rd edition, AIR PISTOLS book.On page 62 a brochure is reproduced and it contains an exploded view of the Millard Diana Mk IV pistol,(a Zenit copy).Close examination of this wee diagram shows the Diana has been drawn with a magazine-like your Zenit.I wonder if Milbro ever made their Model IV pistol with a mag?Trev

Respond to this message   

(Login GTBlackwell)

Wow, Trev, what a brace of beauties.

September 24 2008, 9:43 AM 

That is a handome trio and nice sampling of a whole family of smaller German springers that were extremy popular. we tend to think of the Diana 27 but there were many of these, the Wageria (sp) and Krico's come to mind as well. Burgo marketed some as well. All were nicely made and finished. they would make a great collecting area.

I have really been impressed with the quality of photography here, You, Mike and Frank have have really made my day. I cannot focus out of my right eye so bought a new complicated camera to compensate but it is no easy thing to learn. As soon as I master it I will start posting..

Gaines

Respond to this message   

Trev ??

September 24 2008, 12:26 PM 

Hell Gaines, I'm far better looking than Trev, Lol.

Grant, N.Z.

Respond to this message   

(Login GTBlackwell)

Well, all Kiwis look the same to us !!LOL. Dave said you were the same person !!

September 24 2008, 1:26 PM 

Sorry, was thinking airguns . I guess the money I sent to Trev for the guns has been consumed as beer....GB

Respond to this message   

(Login oldwizzer)

Nice Find.

September 24 2008, 12:37 PM 

Grant, some of you guy's seem to have cornered the market on finding all the beauties.Nice! real nice.
Ejwills.

Sometimes silence is golden,sometimes it's not.

Respond to this message   

(Login 144man)

Frank beat me to it

September 24 2008, 1:25 PM 

I would have sworn the bottom gun was a Hungarian, based on the rounded fork tips, and more convincingly, the concetric stock screw/trigger adjustment. I've never seen that detail on anything but an FEG (Relum.)

Lovely wood on that Burgo!

I think we're all Bozos on this bus.

Respond to this message   
Martin Orro
(Login morrodds)

Nice selection

September 24 2008, 3:57 PM 

Greetings Grant,

I've never seen a tangential sight (on the EMGE) on an airgun let alone a rifle. Are these common? I'd like to know on which guns they were available.

Thanx, Martin

Respond to this message   

RedFeather
(Login RedFeather)

My Diana 50E has a tangent rear sight

September 25 2008, 2:34 PM 

It's a late 1950's gun from the look of it. Somebody else had a similar vintage 27 and was looking for a replacement sight and his picture looked exactly like mine, so I would think that these past-war Diana's used them. Works very well with my post and bead front sight, BTW. Better than some "modern" style sights I've used.

Respond to this message   

(Login MDriskill)

More tangent sights

September 25 2008, 3:00 PM 

Top gun is pre-war Diana 27. Second gun is early-post war model 27.

Top gun is the same pre-war German model 27. Below it is a post-war Milbro copy of the same design.

Weihrauch HW 50, Burgo markings, late 5-digit serial from early 1960's.

This type of stamped metal sight seems fairly common on guns of this era. Often seen bent in my experience--the stampings are so thin, and the gun so heavy, that a minor bump can easily damage them.

This message has been edited by MDriskill on Sep 25, 2008 5:16 PM

Respond to this message   

(Login morrodds)

Thanx for the pix!

September 26 2008, 12:31 AM 

NT

Respond to this message   

Sorry Martin.

September 26 2008, 4:42 AM 

I missed Your Question, but Mike has covered some of them, plus the MkI Meteors had a Tangent Rear sight and this Anschutz Model 335 (below) as well. I also have a Burgo with an Alloy Tangent sight, and there are others that just Escape My Memory at present.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Regards Grant, N.Z.

This message has been edited by Grantthekiwi on Sep 26, 2008 4:44 AM

Respond to this message   

(Login GTBlackwell)

More Tangent sights:

September 26 2008, 8:54 AM 

Here is a beautiful example of a CZ military trainer, unfortunately not mine:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Here is a very short tangent that came in a box with a new 60's Hensoldt adjustable iris....Iris LNIB.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Given that I paid a low price for the adjustable iris, the tangent was free.

GB

Respond to this message   
leonardj
(Login leonardj)

Looks like Grant hit the trifecta......

September 25 2008, 5:49 PM 

Those look like three winners to me. Great scores, Grant - congrats.

Respond to this message   

Lol.

September 26 2008, 4:14 AM 

Has been a Good Week Len. More to come yet too, hehe.

Cheers Grant, N.Z.

Respond to this message   

(Premier Login oldcoot)
Forum Owner

Emgee Repeating rifle

September 27 2008, 12:14 PM 

These pics are from Lawrie. Thanks Lawrie.

Would you mind putting these pictures under Grant's thread (Three New German Finds). They are pictures of an Emgee Repeating rifle which I will be restoring sometime in the future, it has the same repeating mechanism as the Emgee Zenit repeating pistol, but slightly larger, the reason I would like it to be seen, is that I'm not sure if the guys were aware that these existed. I also have a couple of pictures of a (Paul Air Shotgun" that I have just resealed for a friend, I will sort them out and send them in another E-mail later.

Many thanks for your help again.
All the best,
Lawrie

www.vintageairgun.com

Respond to this message   

(Premier Login oldcoot)
Forum Owner

Paul air shotgun

September 27 2008, 12:18 PM 

Here are the pictures I mentioned earlier.

Here is an unusual airgun a (Paul air shotgun) which I would think not many people have had the pleasure of handling, I have just finished resealing it for a friend. As you can see the valve mechanism is quite crude but it is very efficient, (looks like it could have been designed by a plumber). As you can see it has a large reservoir and I put about 40 pumps into it which produced 5 shots.

Many thanks again,

All the Best, Lawrie.

www.vintageairgun.com

Respond to this message   

Thanks Dave and Lawrie.

September 27 2008, 5:10 PM 

Both Nice Guns. Ive heard of a Paul Air Shotgun, but i dont recall seeing a decent picture of one before and the EMGE Repeater is a New one to Me and very tasty, Lol. I added this Post further down the page on another Recent German Rifle i just got, so maybe Lawrie can Shed a bit of Light on it for Me?

http://www.network54.com/Forum/405945/message/1222417343/My++New++Baby>.

Regards Grant, N.Z.

This message has been edited by Grantthekiwi on Sep 27, 2008 5:12 PM

Respond to this message   

(Login LawrieA)

Re Tell mod. 63

September 28 2008, 6:18 PM 

Sorry Grant that's a new one on me, a very nice find.
Lawrie.

Respond to this message   

(Login 144man)

Need more info. How do it work?

September 27 2008, 6:16 PM 

I'd love to see some details on how the repeater mechanism works. What a cool find!

I think we're all Bozos on this bus.

Respond to this message   

(Login LawrieA)

Emgee repeating rifle

September 28 2008, 6:28 PM 

Jim the repeating mechanism works exactly the same as the pistol version, it is an in line magazine, when you break the barrel to cock it, the magazine is spring loaded to drop down in line with the barrel and a pellet is gravity fed into the barrel ready for shooting, I hope this is clear.
Cheer, Lawrie

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - 3 New German Finds.
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Start  
This forum dedicated to all that enjoy collecting and restoring airguns. Have fun. Dave