<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Start  

The Crosman Model 150,an enduring CO2 gun design.

April 13 2012 at 8:57 PM

(Login tca)

50 years ago an article in the April issue of The American Rifleman had me heading for the local gun shop!
[linked image]
[linked image]

Thanks Mr Wessel!wink.gif

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login lhd)

For SURE

April 13 2012, 9:51 PM 

I still own a couple of those fine guns today! Accurate, reliable, good bark!

Respond to this message   

(Login oldwizzer)

I bought one in 1960.

April 14 2012, 5:44 PM 

Still have it.I find it hard to believe it was so long ago.

Ejwills.

Sometimes silence is golden,sometimes it's not.

Respond to this message   

(Login leonardj)

One of my all-time favorites......

April 14 2012, 6:24 PM 

I have all but just a couple of the many variants of the Crosman 150.

Respond to this message   
DT Fletcher
(Login DTFletcher)

150 collectablity

April 17 2012, 4:55 AM 

To me, one of the great things about the model 150, besides being such a fine air gun, is that there are so many variations. There are no less than 3 Sears versions, and a Wards version. A number of Canadian versions. The super rare Mexican version. Then, the cherry on top, Medalist version. No other Crosman model comes close to the number of distinct 150 variations.

Respond to this message   

Trevor
(Login tca)

The Crosmans 160 and 150

April 17 2012, 6:39 AM 

Dean,I rate these two as,"the airguns I'm most likely to shoot with". High water mark models,I reckon.Trev

Respond to this message   
MDriskill
(Login MDriskill)

Absolutely

April 17 2012, 12:43 PM 

Among the many airguns on my "why did I sell it" list is a model 157, what a simple, reliable, and beautiful little air pistol.

It was the same version as in your drawing, with the heavy one-piece barrel/breech assembly and separate grip panels. Not the prettiest of the family mebbe, but IMHO the best fit and balance by far. I could shoot it as well as I can a lot of more sophisticated one-handers.

Respond to this message   
karlw
(Login karlw)

I've never owned one of those, but.............

April 17 2012, 5:52 PM 

..........it is one of just a few Crosman airguns that I've often thought, was a well "thought out" design, and very appealing for an air pistol, in particularly.

I like those kind of white and gray "swirl" grips. They remind me of my old Benjamin 137 pump pistol and it's grips.

This model seems to be "rock solid" mechanically.

What were the factory specs on MV in both .22 and .177 calibers?

This model, as well as the "early" 760's and the 180 and 1400 models, just seem to go on and on and on..................

I just cannot get excited about much that Crosman "currently" makes. That's no offense to Crosman, as I can't get too excited about ANY "current" manufacturers airguns, with but just a very "few" exceptions.

Respond to this message   

(Login FortWarren)

I hear ya

April 17 2012, 8:15 PM 

not many of the new guns do it for me. Like none actually, with the exception of the 160 clone. the 150, 180, and the 140/1400 are my go to's. Oh and the mark-1. I still check the classifieds pretty often, but Ive come to the realization/acceptance that those guns really cover all my limited wants and needs. Plinking and very occasional pest control. and fun. and more fun.

Respond to this message   
DT Fletcher
(Login DTFletcher)

Go to 150

April 17 2012, 10:02 PM 

The best shooter that I've ever had is a Ted Williams version of the 150. Amazing accuracy. Great feel.

Respond to this message   

(Login johnny366)

just bought one

April 18 2012, 1:08 AM 

that i don't think had ever been out of the box. it and the ted williams box looked brand new. still had the original copper colored co2 cart in it. i put a new cart in but it leaked so i ordered a rebuild kit and now the ted williams is a fantastic shooter.

Respond to this message   

(Login FortWarren)

150, always a fun time

April 29 2012, 7:59 PM 

Here is one I've been messing with for a little while, adding things here and there. Someone made the grips for me, they are my favorite part, they're perfect. 1300 medalist grip frame shined up, medalist brass trigger which fits the pistol better, no rattle.I suppose it's not for those who prefer everything all original, but I like it. When I bought it, it still had one of the old bottle cap powerlets in it, hadn't been shot much past 30-40 yrs I guess..

Photobucket

Respond to this message   

(Login DTFletcher)

have at it.

April 29 2012, 11:00 PM 

There are some rare versions of the 150 that would be a shame to mess with, but , a standard issue Crosman 150 is as far away from rare as can be. I see no issues modifying them till you're happy.

Respond to this message   

(Login GUNNER63755)

I like them also.

May 6 2012, 8:41 PM 

Great little guns. I don't have many, only 3, 150. 157 and TW150. I have a 2 pc barrel 157 on the way also. These things are built like tanks. Still looking for the 2pc barrel 150, then I will be on to other versions.
[linked image]

Respond to this message   

andy
(Login FortWarren)

nice..

May 6 2012, 10:30 PM 

nice collection. also have 3 150's. other than being unable to say no when a deal comes along, Im not sure why. I guess one is the nice one, one is the beater, and one is if I decide to do some modification or spare parts or something.

Does the TW have a tension adjuster on the cocking knob, like whats found on the later 180's? And it has 3 cocking positions right? Is the 3rd in the middle or higher than the regular 150? Have yet to hold a TW and have been curious. Id like if someone would take a minute to do a little detail writing about the TW and why they like it/why its different.

Heres a couple more pics, for posterity I suppose. One is while I was in process of making some grips out of an old junk mahogany sign that my friend found at work. we worked at a state park on an island. You can see the board under the gun.
The other pic is of a beater I got recently, heavy pitted. I ground out the rust and painted it with enamel and clear coated. Thats the one I will keep in my truck. side note, although it was heavily rusted, the guts are pristine, bore is bright and rifling great. Perfect valve, best looking valve of all 3.

Anyway Im writing a novel here maybe getting carried away. Thank for posting those pics, I love that stuff.

Oh one more thing, do you find those trigger shoes somewhere for cheapish? I see them for $15 but I would rather pay less than that (of course). wish I could make them

take care
andy

Photobucket

Photobucket

Respond to this message   

(Login GUNNER63755)

Thanks for the pics Andy

May 6 2012, 10:52 PM 

Thanks for the pics. Good stuff. There were different variations of the TW, but mine only has 2 clicks with no adjustments. As far as shooting, I can't tell much difference in the three pistols. I like the looks of the TW because of the ribbed barrel and fewer were mad I think. Try Bryan and Associates for triggershoes. 9.98 I think. They are under 22XX accessories in the left column. Enjoyed the pics man. Happy shooting.

Respond to this message   

(Login FortWarren)

hey cool thanks Mike

May 6 2012, 11:08 PM 

Thanks for the tip on the trigger shoes, I hadn't looked at their new stuff. Thats interesting about the Teddy Ballgame, I didn't know there were different versions of that gun too..makes sense tho. I also really like the looks of the ribbed barrel, totally bad lookin (in a good way). I was offering to trade my Mark1 for one recently but I didn't get any takers. Kinda glad about it now as after I changed the hammer spring out with a new CR140 spring I got a new appreciation for it, shoots way stronger. The TW is a gun that I hope to find at a flea market or something someday for $40. I might just be dreaming tho

have a good night bud

andy

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - The Crosman Model 150,an enduring CO2 gun design.
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Start  
This forum dedicated to all that enjoy collecting and restoring airguns. Have fun. Dave