<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Start  

Advice about FWB 150

September 26 2017 at 12:58 PM
Jim  (Login JMI_Seattle)
Group #188948

I'm considering buying this:

[linked image]

I'm looking for some free advice. Could someone look at the attached photo and tell me if what looks like the "sledge" at the rear of the receiver, the piece that looks slightly turned up is something that should be a red flag.

I know it is sometimes impossible to judge something from a photo. Just looking for some opinions.

Thanks

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
MDriskill
(Login MDriskill)
Group #188948

September 29 2017, 6:36 AM 

I assume you're referring to the little "shelf" piece at the back, which is a piece of flat metal mounted in a slot in the solid metal rear action cap. There should be a little space between it and the wood, though usually you see slightly less than this. Might not be the OEM stock, or may just need a screw tightened, who knows, but it doesn't look too scary.

It does not look to be bent or misplaced with regard to the action, which from this snippet looks to be well cared-for.

I'd never noticed until just now, that on the later 300 and 300S models, there is a groove in the stock under this piece. When looking at the gun from the side, you are less aware of the space beneath it, if that makes sense.

Beware that some parts for the 150 are becoming pretty scarce. You definitely want to check it out fully if it is to be a long-term investment.

Respond to this message   
Jim
(Login JMI_Seattle)
Group #188948

Additional Picture(s)

September 29 2017, 5:21 PM 

Mr. Driskill,

Thanks for your response. After the original post, I received more pictures at my request. The following was included:

[linked image]

The gun is otherwise very nice cosmetically, but this make me nervous. I'm going to look around some more.

Respond to this message   

Garvin
(Premier Login Garvin2)
Group #188948

Hard to be sure

October 1 2017, 3:42 PM 

but that rear projecting shelf does seem to bent. Difficult to see how, but I would not buy this gun at a distance if I were you.
"\"\""

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Start  
Find more forums on Air GunsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
This forum dedicated to all that enjoy collecting and restoring airguns. Have fun. Dave