<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Start  

Another,not an oldie

September 26 2017 at 5:15 PM

Mike  (Login 17hornet)
Group #188948

I made this last year, 45 cal...just finished a tap loader conversion on a 30 cal barrel...
It’s big....21” with 10.5” barrel

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

This message has been edited by 17hornet on Sep 27, 2017 8:44 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Garvin
(Premier Login Garvin2)
Group #188948

Outstanding workmanship, Mike!

September 28 2017, 7:08 AM 

I just re-read all the Giffard material at Trev's Cinedux site

http://cinedux.com/the-giffard-co2-rifle.php

and while there was a lot of nonsense hype about power/military applications around
when Giffard's invention became public, it seems that CO2 has persisted as a means
of propulsion among serious airgunners. Is it the relative safety/ low working pressures
and easy availability of the gas that appeals to you?

happy.gif
"\"xSQ4Z)FI\\t\""

Respond to this message   

Mike
(Login 17hornet)
Group #188948

Co2

September 28 2017, 10:03 AM 

The allure of co2 in the guns I build is easy to explain...first, Oldair (Don) helped me with safety factor calcs on my reservoirs, and even though I test ‘em to 5k psi, the safe working pressure with co2 is well below max working pressure... plus, on co2, lots more shots were available...I’ve tried HPA, with mixed results...I’m not obsessed with max velocities, just good ol whacks for plinking...the pistol shown here gets 14-17 shots per fill, and that’s a casual fill, not cooling, bleeding etc...
Mike

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Start  
Find more forums on Air GunsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
This forum dedicated to all that enjoy collecting and restoring airguns. Have fun. Dave