<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

'Troubledshooter's Album'

November 7 2017 at 9:34 AM
No score for this post
David  (Login Troubledshooter)

My apologies to those, if any, who may have recently tried to access my album from the links panel on the left of the page, but unbeknown to me the hosting site has not renewed their domain, therefore my album is currently non existent.

This message has been edited by Troubledshooter on Nov 10, 2017 7:28 AM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
David
(Login Troubledshooter)

Album now visible again.

No score for this post
November 10 2017, 7:30 AM 

Looks like the domain owners have paid the fees, so my album is up and running again.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Garvin
(Premier Login Garvin2)
Garvin

Thank God for that!

No score for this post
November 12 2017, 12:31 PM 

It would be terrible if all that Webley history and hard work was lost - yet another warning about what an insubstantial medium the internet is for preserving the past...

With the assistance of some dedicated fellow collectors I'm in the middle of the tedious and time-consuming process of shifting all my galleries away from being hosted by Photobucket to a host of my own (paid for by some very generous donors) and I hope it will at least preserve the images in the long term - although I don't really know what 'long term' means in this context - 10, 20, 30, 100 years or what?
""

This message has been edited by Garvin2 on Nov 18, 2017 1:38 PM

Oliver Gilkes
(Login ogilkes)

Internet archives

No score for this post
November 17 2017, 4:15 PM 

Very true, it all exists at the whim of an internet company. Even now, there is still no substitute for paper for the long term. Proven to last for centuries without the need for electronic access.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Find more forums on Air GunsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
This forum dedicated to all that enjoy collecting and restoring airguns. Have fun. Dave