I agree in regards to the import draft

by Pirate

As for the Hitmen and the bantam draft.

I think they would lean to taking a defenseman and that defenseman could be Ryan Pilon who is our #1 ranked player right now. However, they may want to opt for one of those talented Calgary kids such as Reid Duke or Tanner Macmaster. Although, I do think that is a tad bit high to take Tanner. Reid Duke is very similar to Greg Chase who the Hitmen took last year.

Jake Virtanen from Abbotsford is another in the ilk of Chase and Reid Duke as well who should be drafted high.

Joe Hicketts is the defenseman to take but I've spoken with a few head scouts who ask you this: How many teams are achored by a 5'8 defenseman? Fact of the matter is that Hickettts has huge skill, hits hard and is one of the best dmen available.

Jordan Thomson who is playing Midget AAA in Southwest Cougars in Manitoba is another.

My bet is Pilon at this point.

Posted on Mar 10, 2011, 7:49 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. Tough pick then. Greg & Barb, Mar 10, 2011, 8:28 AM
    1. So Pirate.... Pepper Carrot, Mar 10, 2011, 9:25 AM
      1. More like, who is the #66 ranked player. Pirate, Mar 10, 2011, 9:46 AM
        1. Re: More like, who is the #66 ranked player. Greg & Barb, Mar 10, 2011, 9:51 AM
          1. Re: More like, who is the #66 ranked player. Pirate, Mar 10, 2011, 10:01 AM
            1. Hamilton has a chance of returning!?. Pepper Carrot, Mar 10, 2011, 10:17 AM
              1. Morrison will be kept if he's not. Pirate, Mar 10, 2011, 10:21 AM
                1. Good points. Pepper Carrot, Mar 10, 2011, 10:25 AM

Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

This RingSurf Major Junior Hockey Fan Forums Net Ring
owned by Board Moderators.
[ Random Site | List Sites ]