IF.... McIlrath and Howden were to get traded....

by Old Vet

what would we be able to get in return for them at the deadline.

I would think that Howden brings in 1st 2nd from 2011 draft 1st 2nd from 2012 draft and 1st from 2013 draft with a possible list player coming back as well.

McIlrath wouldn't be far behind. Likely 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders??? Going by how the trade market has gone recently.

I think it would be great to see them do a deal like that and really finally get the depth we need to WIN a memorial cup. Put together 4 good solid years where we can make SERIOUS run at for a good stretch.

I know it would suck to have to do it but I don't see much else we can do if we ever want to really be in the hunt for a title. It is time to take the next step here. We are one rebuilding year away from seriously making a great run at titles for years to come.

We will make the playoffs this year. I don't see us missing them. Our entire D is returing not to mention we have Gwinner Brown Doucette Morse all looking to land a spot on the team this season. It is going to be tough to crack the defense that is for sure. Our offense on the other hand could take a serious beating if we don't do something about it. WE could/will lose Hood Edwards Honejsek Svendsson. Don't get me wrong here. I love the youth we have but that youth is not going to be ready to beat the top teams to get us to the MEM CUP. Johnson, Cuthbert, Hansen, White, Potomak and possibly Eberle, are all going to be very good offensive players in the dub. Hansen may be a bit of a PK/Checking type but I don't see to many kids work harder than him every single shift. Fioretti Kornelson Howden Beach are all returning as well as checkers Lyon and Paradis. So we have 4 in the top 6 and 2 checking line guys with some good youth scattered around here and there. I don't know that we have the top end talent that is going to be needed to win it all. I don't want to go out and trade to try to land this talent either. It is not the way to build a championship team. I mean you can tinker a bit. I realize that but you need to have that solid core in place before hand if you truely want to win the title.

Beach Fioretti Kornelson Grant Cuthbert Johnson White Hansen Potomak Eberle Wyton and then you add the youth coming in from this years draft to this and subsequent drafts. Our draft record as of late has show to be pretty strong. I feel comfortable with the fact that it will continue so landing the picks is not going to be a bad thing at all for us. If the trades happen the way I suggest we could come out of this years draft with 3 first rounders and 6 second rounders. 9 players out of the top 40 all MJ protected roster players. RED DEER could be a potential trading partner for next season. We could trade Howden there if they get back RNH we could land Cory Millete as a potential roster player for next season in the Howden deal.

I want to load this team up with youth and build through the draft and have 4 solid years of top of the league. Rather than this one year okay, one year not so good trend we have going. Look at Brandon. Great great not so good. One trade and they are set for the next 3 or 4 seasons again. Just amazing how that happens. If it works use it.

Posted on Apr 20, 2011, 11:26 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. You won't get that for Howden.... Trader Vic, Apr 20, 2011, 11:36 AM
    1. Schenn. Alan, Apr 20, 2011, 12:26 PM
      1. Re: Schenn. IceBirder, Apr 20, 2011, 12:37 PM
      2. 2 firsts and 2 seconds, not 3 firsts..... Trader Vic, Apr 20, 2011, 1:43 PM
        1. Nikkel & McGauley. Greg & Barb, Apr 20, 2011, 1:56 PM
        2. He said "2010 first". VO #23, Apr 20, 2011, 1:57 PM
        3. Schenn deal. Alan, Apr 20, 2011, 1:58 PM
    2. Maybe not.... Old Vet, Apr 21, 2011, 8:08 AM
  2. Re: IF.... McIlrath and Howden were to get traded..... , Apr 20, 2011, 11:40 AM
  3. I think you are being overly optimistic with those returns. VO #23, Apr 20, 2011, 11:44 AM
    1. Still a huge chance take by Brandon that season. Old Vet, Apr 20, 2011, 11:54 AM
      1. The Hamonic deal. VO #23, Apr 20, 2011, 11:59 AM

Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

This RingSurf Major Junior Hockey Fan Forums Net Ring
owned by Board Moderators.
[ Random Site | List Sites ]