I think he will certainly play more than 150 games in the NHL

by VO #23

The question is what sort of development pattern he takes. I've watched a lot of Schenn and I think if his "light goes on" he could definitely be the Mike Richards-type that McCrimmon compared him to before the draft. Or he might be a Phaneuf-type who lights it up early on but never really gets it together over the long haul.

It's funny, Schenn and Glennie were always sort of thought of as Super Prospects 1 and 1a in their first two years in Brandon, before Schenn really took the title over with two WJC performances and some dominating stretches in the WHL. Then after being drafted eighth overall, Glennie seemed to have lost his way, and ended up demoted to the third-line during the Memorial Cup because of his poor play and attitude problems. But it seems Glennie's "light went on" this season (Dallas brought Gary Roberts up to work with him specifically) and he turned the mental and leadership parts of his game around in a big way. Schenn could be a complete wrecking ball if he undergoes a similar transformation.

Posted on Apr 20, 2011, 12:07 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

This RingSurf Major Junior Hockey Fan Forums Net Ring
owned by Board Moderators.
[ Random Site | List Sites ]