A little input

by Brandon

I don't post here often enough to get credibility but I know a little about this.

It is a showcase that Paul Kelly's group is taking across country to try and get a mutual exposure between NCAA recruiters and prospect players. Good people are involved in this process in Alberta and I know of one guy who really is only interested in the development of players who is involved here. People involved do not always agree with Paul Kelly's group attacks on the CHL but they do feel that NCAA is an overlooked opportunity for young canadian players. The truth is they are right it is too often overlooked by players who are better suited to that game or would benefit from the extra years of development. That being said these camps have been met with resistance. There was a lot of effort made to keep CHL scouts from participating from what I understand. The WHL has issued a statement that does not support this camp and has asked hockey organizations in Alberta for sure to distribute an "information" e-mail that discourages kids from attending.

Really all it comes down to is one more way for these two groups to do battle over the prospect pool. I love the WHL but I understand the value of NCAA hockey and would certainly encourage my 14 and 15 year old son to weigh his options and at the very worst leverage the NCAA while negotiating his player agreement with the WHL. The WHL has a great education policy but kids need to know they should be bargaining to get the education out of it early. Don't play year for year for school. Get the education up front then the WHL would be ok. Fortunately I don't have son and don't have to get involved in this process.

Posted on Apr 21, 2011, 1:48 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. Thanks Brandon. jelloshots, Apr 21, 2011, 3:40 PM

Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

This RingSurf Major Junior Hockey Fan Forums Net Ring
owned by Board Moderators.
[ Random Site | List Sites ]