Rask

by Alan

Let's at least wait until Victor Rask gets sent to the AHL before we say Kisio blew the import pick, eh? happy.gif

He's a big, strong, two-way center with terrific faceoff skills, above-average speed and playmaking abilities and he loves to shoot the puck and score goals - something you don't always see in European players. He would be an immediate impact player in the WHL and everyone would understand why he was the #3 pick in the import draft.

I've got to believe that Kisio would not have used such an important pick on Rask without some pretty good information regarding where he'll be playing next season. From reading the comments of Carolina G.M. Jim Rutherford, it sounds like going back to Sweden is not in the cards for Rask and he'll either be in the AHL or in the WHL next year. For an 18 year old making the move across the pond to learn the North American game, I think the WHL is a better option than the AHL so I'm optimistic we'll see him here despite all the rhetoric from his agent.

Posted on Jul 28, 2011, 9:13 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. agreed. , Jul 28, 2011, 10:01 AM
    1. Re: agreed. Greg & Barb, Jul 28, 2011, 10:16 AM

Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

This RingSurf Major Junior Hockey Fan Forums Net Ring
owned by Board Moderators.
[ Random Site | List Sites ]