Kam 6 @ Van 3. Matt "Look At Me" Kirk smears his mark all over another game.

by napes

Let me start by saying that the Blazers were the better team last night and most likely would have taken this one without any help. Morrison looked shaky early and let in 3 quick ones. Ranford and co. were on fire and their line lit up the G's, exposing a disorganized and soft defence last night. Full credit for the win.

The subplot. Matt Kirk. This guy is one of the most ridiculous officials in recent dub history. I know he works a day job in Vancouver and therefore we seem to get stuck with him almost every second game. He sucks. Stinks. Negatively affects the outcome of important games. Needs to be the center of attention. Has no understanding of flow and consistency. Seems to genuinely dislike the Giants. Or, somehow, he gets off on hearing his name being screamed at him from the stands. Maybe all he hears is the "Kirk" part, not the aggressive expletives that seem to constantly accompany it. It's called solipsism, a condition whereby you think the world revolves around you.

Power plays were 10-1 in favour of the Blazers until the final minute when the G's were handed a 5 on 3 to bring the nights total to 10-3. 2 out of 3 questionable calls on Gallagher early took him off his game. So many strange decisions last night. Hard to win a game when you spend one third of it with a guy in the box. Doesn't matter, Blazers were the better team.

A quick note to Marek Tvrdon. Can you at least pretend there are corners in the rink? Maybe acknowledge that we have a defensive zone? Put on a bit of cologne to mask the smell of fear that I can detect from 14 rows up? The only thing I heard from the crowd last night more than "Kirk, you suck!" was "Get off the ice, Tvrdon!"

Steak dinners for everyone on me if this kid, The Russian Marshmallow, plays an NHL regular season game.

Napes

Posted on Mar 10, 2012, 12:35 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. This is why i love the playoffs. dub nut, Mar 10, 2012, 12:41 PM
    1. One of the worst officiated (top 10 easily) I have seen in my life.... T.K.O., Mar 10, 2012, 1:02 PM

Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

This RingSurf Major Junior Hockey Fan Forums Net Ring
owned by Board Moderators.
[ Random Site | List Sites ]