Re: Next year's Giants team will be a rebuild season again

by Marsh25

Really disappointing that the Giants are out in the first round, but it basically just ends the pain early as the Ams would've made short work of them anyways.

Again, Bonner has a lot of work to do because once again, his team was outworked, lost almost every battle on the boards & is again, WAY TOO SMALL as they showed in the playoffs.

Next season, I really don't care what it takes, but get a top calibre defenseman so they can actually have a power play that can score. It killed them in the playoffs that nobody could score on the power play. Also in dire need is a heavyweight. Bonner said last season that his team wouldn'nt be pushed around like they were in 10-11, but Gallagher was mauled nightly & in the playoffs it was Gally against the world. The officating was garbage & he was continually mauled & maybe, just maybe if they had a heavyweight that sh*t would not have happened, or at least the amount of times it did.

Have to disagree on McNaughton. I think he's back for sure because he actually played pretty good in the limited minutes. Up front, guys like Vetterl, Bellerive, Sward, Burns & Ast are all on the bubble. Probably Cooke since he didn't play in the playoffs & doesn't seem to be a Hay fan, probably because he plays somewhat physical. These guys were huge busts in the post season. Pretty sad but true. These guys brought zero in the playoffs. I think Makin will be in tough because Vannieuwenhizen & Martinook are guaranteed to have a spot. I know Bonner will be acquiring a goalie but I doubt it will be a 20 year old because it will be a rebuilding year so why waste it on a goalie.

Posted on Apr 2, 2012, 6:20 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

This RingSurf Major Junior Hockey Fan Forums Net Ring
owned by Board Moderators.
[ Random Site | List Sites ]