Re: Have to disagree...

by Randy

I didn't read anywhere where WHLfriend said the kid isn't close to his teammates. He made an observation that I agree with completely. Reilly plays his own game and does his own thing. And yes, someone who plays outside the system and refuses to be bridled by a system is an 'on ice' prima dona. He goes in too much, doesn't come back hard after he does and he takes major unnecessary risks. With that, he brings very high reward or return. I agree that Moose Jaw is like a military unit right now and there is nobody stepping out of that. They are 8 and 0 right now and to change that for a guy who just doesn't have fundamentals or system in his DNA is not a good move. I agree that the second they lose a game, get him in. But Moose Jaw's strength and their need right now is not talent, it is a rigorous adherence to system and complete selflessness. There is nothing wrong with the strategy of keeping him out until his mates stumble. When they do, then you can justify disrupting the chemistry. If he can step in and be a game changer in teh first game back in 4 months, then it's not a very good league. He is the wrong guy to insert into an 8-0 lineup. Give it one loss and then fill your boots.

Posted on Apr 13, 2012, 7:44 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. Primadona. Old Vet, Apr 13, 2012, 9:09 AM
  2. Re: Have to disagree.... Anonymous, Apr 13, 2012, 10:43 AM
    1. Who said anything about character?. WHLfriend, Apr 13, 2012, 12:05 PM
      1. Re: Who said anything about character?. Anonymous, Apr 13, 2012, 12:35 PM
        1. Re: Who said anything about character?. WHLfriend, Apr 13, 2012, 2:30 PM

Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

This RingSurf Major Junior Hockey Fan Forums Net Ring
owned by Board Moderators.
[ Random Site | List Sites ]