The part below i have copied ....

by Old Vet

Moose Jaw has not even managed to do the first part of that. All moose jaw has done is build a new arena. You probably enjoy the fact that the place is new, there is probably plenty of washrooms and concession stands to make the experience a little nicer. But prospects don't give a rip if the fans can go to the potty and buy beer and nachos easier. They all want to go somewhere that will help mold them into better players, and they want to play for coaches that have a history of helping players go to the NHL. I'm sorry but Moose Jaw has a long way to before they can compete with Medicine Hat in that category. To suggest that they are is retarded, as they have so far to go in that department. You've got alot of banners to hang and obscure 8th rounders to mold into WJC/NHL standouts before you can claim that.

I am not talking about washrooms, concessions. None of that. I am talking about a dressing room, video room, training facilites, weight room. All of which are over the top incredible. If I am a recruit you can bet that I am going to look a the whole picture.

Warriors went to the finals... check
Warriors have a great coach... check
warriors have a known GM in place
facility is great... check
opportunity to grow develop and learn the game of hockey from great teachers such as you have had in Willy.

These are the things the Tigers, Vancouver, Calgary have had and we have not. Yet we still managed a 11 year run to the playoffs. We still managed 2 trips to the Whl East Fina in 6 years. We still managed to win division titles in the reg season in the last 6 years. 1 out of every 3 isn't that bad. I don't think. We managed 1 trip to the Whl final.

I realize we don't have a mem cup. I also realize we don't have a whl championship.

Lets face it lots of things have to go right for those things to happen. It will come in time.

Simply put. Our chances of doing that have significantly improved by adding the facility that we have right now. That is it. We now have the opportunity to try to hire the Willys, Don Hays etc.... we didn't have that before. When we did hire them we couldn't afford to keep them.

I realize it doesn't just happen. I am simpy hoping for the best now that we have the opportunity.

Posted on May 1, 2012, 9:54 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. re:dressing room, video room, training facilites, weight room. hoople head, May 1, 2012, 10:29 AM
    1. Like I said. Old Vet, May 1, 2012, 10:33 AM
      1. And I am hoping. hoople head, May 1, 2012, 10:40 AM

Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

This RingSurf Major Junior Hockey Fan Forums Net Ring
owned by Board Moderators.
[ Random Site | List Sites ]