It really dependsby Winterhawks03
I'm doubtful we have Jones for 2 years. It's not an impossibility, but it's a long shot based on the scouting reports.
Second, what Everett gets out of this is up for debate on it being a good deal or not. The obvious conclusion to come to is that a great player like Jones demands a high price, but that isn't necessarily the case here.
Everett is looking at getting nothing out of Jones without a deal - he was a lock to not report there. With that in mind, you can bet there are only a handful of teams out there who he probably would report to, and on top of that, chances are even less are actually looking at him in a serious manner.
Everett has nothing to lose here, and everything to gain. They're at no risk of competitive disadvantage in giving Portland a good player (because they will be rebuilding for a few years to come), and they weren't getting anything to begin with.
a 2 or 3 and a player would probably sound reasonable, but it wouldn't really be shocking to see a couple of picks and no player, either.
It's a win/win for both teams, honestly.
Posted on May 8, 2012, 4:03 PM
Respond to this message
Goto Forum HomeResponses
- Sort of. AMslam, May 8, 2012, 4:18 PM
- A good gm. kw, May 8, 2012, 4:32 PM
- too late. travis, May 8, 2012, 5:00 PM
- Maxwell was under Dougs GM tenure. Anonymous, May 8, 2012, 5:07 PM
- and. travis, May 8, 2012, 5:07 PM
- Re: and. AMslam, May 8, 2012, 5:10 PM
- the point. travis, May 8, 2012, 5:18 PM
- Re: the point. AMslam, May 8, 2012, 5:25 PM
- Maxwell was under Dougs GM tenure. AMslam, May 8, 2012, 5:07 PM
- Read up on Maxwell situation..... Yez, May 8, 2012, 5:43 PM
This RingSurf Major Junior Hockey Fan Forums Net Ring
owned by Board Moderators.
[ Random Site