After stumbling

by Winterhawks03

through that poorly written post, I believe I have figured out what you were trying to say: the team has been performing under expectations, in a big way.

I'm not going to deny that. In fact, that was mostly my point: our goaltender has been statistically the better of the two in the series, and the team in front of him is failing to do what they've done all season - come up big in the scoring department to account for the few mistakes he does make.

Carruth is playing well enough to win right now. He's made mistakes, but nothing ridiculous, or that shouldn't have been accounted for by a team playing for a full 60 minutes. Unfortunately, the Winterhawks have been playing 20-25 minutes per game, and looking in a haze the other 35.

I give credit to Edmonton for playing hard almost all game, but really, this series would look a lot different if the 'hawks would actually bring it the entire game. It's frustrating to watch a team utterly dominate for entire periods, but do so after 40 minutes of uninspired effort leading to them playing from behind.

This series has been a lot of ebb and flow on both teams' part, but it's definitely been more ebb for the 'hawks than the Oil Kings.

Posted on May 11, 2012, 7:00 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. "Carruth is playing well enough to win right now"....no he isn't,obviously,and is the.... T.K.O., May 11, 2012, 7:48 PM
    1. Really hoping. Winterhawks03, May 11, 2012, 8:08 PM

Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

This RingSurf Major Junior Hockey Fan Forums Net Ring
owned by Board Moderators.
[ Random Site | List Sites ]