Re: Actually...by Randy
I am not sure what game is more palatable to you or anyone else. I just know that the indicidual skill level in pee wee hockey is higher today than it was at the NHL as little as 10 years ago. The number one thing the NHL could do is unionize the coaching position. Give every coach the same type of contract that a university prof gets. Tenure would solve a ton of issues. If a coach knows he has a job and can feed his family even if he lets something outrageous happen, like a defenceman carrying it past his hasmarks (lol), you may see the game open up. Until that time, are you going to screw around with the bacon and bread you bring home, by employing maverick tactics? I wouldn't. I'd be 0 man forecheck, 5 man backcheck, 6 digit paycheck. Creative tacticians like George Kingston, Tom Watt, Dave King, Denis Savard were all going to open things up, get things more exciting. George who? Tom who, Dave who? Did you even see Jerry maguire? He was gonna change things too. He was eating Alpha getti in three months. I love hockey. Therefore, I have learned to embrace the battles, one on ones, tactics etc. Did I watch the playoffs this year? Maybe an hour total. SO, yah they have kind of lost me too. But it's not a lack of skill. It's coaches fighting to make sure they aren't eating alpha getti in 3 months.
Posted on Jun 26, 2012, 9:57 AM
Respond to this message
Goto Forum HomeResponses
- there's been some dopey stuff posted here in the past.... bobloblaw17, Jun 26, 2012, 4:20 PM
- More skill in peewee than in the NHL?. Observer, Jun 26, 2012, 4:32 PM
- Re: More skill in peewee than in the NHL?. Randy, Jun 26, 2012, 9:42 PM
- Really!?!?. CC, Jun 27, 2012, 1:21 PM
- CC, no use trying to talk sense into this guy. Winger, Jun 28, 2012, 10:53 AM
- funny.... bobloblaw17, Jun 28, 2012, 4:57 PM
- lol. Randy, Jun 28, 2012, 8:19 PM
This RingSurf Major Junior Hockey Fan Forums Net Ring
owned by Board Moderators.
[ Random Site