Re: Only Orca fans...

by ManFromCouv

The feud between the Canucks and Bure was not drummed up or enhanced by the media. It was real, and began before Bure ever played his first game in Vancouver. Bure has pointed to the things that rubbed him the wrong way, most of which seem legitimate. The Canucks on the other hand were seemingly untrusting of Bure and trying to keep him under their thumb. Some of their ploys were pretty low. In the end, probably both sides at fault. Just a bad, untrusting relationship. Smyl, Linden and Naslund all had very loyal ties to the organization. Whether their jerseys are up there rightly or not is a matter of opinion. Bure first asked to be traded out of Vancouver in 1993; I'm not sure that is exactly the kind of company dedication worthy of having his number go up. And again, for me, that does nothing to denigrate what he was on the ice, which was pretty damn special.

Posted on Jun 28, 2012, 8:58 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. well said.... bobloblaw17, Jun 28, 2012, 4:53 PM

Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

This RingSurf Major Junior Hockey Fan Forums Net Ring
owned by Board Moderators.
[ Random Site | List Sites ]