You disagree with almost everything I say?

by Randy

Well then I, SJA, feel as though I must be doing things right much of the time on here. Woe to me, if you and I are like minded.

As for Schultz, and your fantasy that pro athletes should be grateful and indebted to the team that drafts them.

The work and sacrifice that goes into becoming a pro is all consuming, and in the end, the player is there to make the owner money. When he gets hurt, or shows any humanness at all, he is gone like yesterday's grabage.

So, putting the NHL's gluttonous/money grubbing owners in the category of worthy of loyal is ridiculous.

Me thinks you are simply resentful, because deep down inside you would play for free wherever they told you to.

Justin Schultz wouldn't. He will risk life, spine, limb, larynx and his brain, to put money in his owner's pocket. If he takes as much a cut as possible, then he should if he wants to.

If he wants to do an aw shucks, just happy to be there, then that is fine.

Gordie Howe did that for years, and spent a good portion of his twilight years pimping himself out for cash at events and cards shows.

Perhaps this can be the one time you and I agree that there is nothing wrong with keeping oneself from the indignation of leaving money and career choice on the table.

Justin Schultz has worked his hole off to get where he is. If you don't like the flexibility that provides, then I am sure he will get on okay.

Posted on Jul 1, 2012, 6:59 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. a fantasy?. Some_Arrogant_Jerk, Jul 1, 2012, 8:41 PM
    1. Not directed at Randy or anyone, but "greedy owners"...the guys who take all the risk...... T.K.O., Jul 1, 2012, 9:02 PM
    2. SAJ, you are just being a dink as usual. Observer, Jul 3, 2012, 5:08 PM
      1. This why he went to Edmonton, from someone who makes sense. Observer, Jul 3, 2012, 5:39 PM
      2. ok, first of all. Some_Arrogant_Jerk, Jul 4, 2012, 12:57 AM
        1. Lebron. Randy, Jul 4, 2012, 5:16 AM
          1. uh yeah he did. Some_Arrogant_Jerk, Jul 5, 2012, 5:40 PM
        2. Dumb comparison. Observer, Jul 4, 2012, 8:22 AM
          1. what dumb is how obvious you are ducking my point.. Some_Arrogant_Jerk, Jul 5, 2012, 5:44 PM
            1. The only thing dumb here is your reply. Observer, Jul 7, 2012, 6:18 PM
              1. how is that what you get out of what Ive been saying?. Some_Arrogant_Jerk, Jul 7, 2012, 6:54 PM
                1. Quit whining. Observer, Jul 8, 2012, 12:21 PM
                  1. k, clearly you are irrational. Some_Arrogant_Jerk, Jul 8, 2012, 8:33 PM
        3. Well said.......... brawler, Jul 7, 2012, 4:54 PM
      3. You're right about one thing.......... brawler, Jul 7, 2012, 4:46 PM

Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

This RingSurf Major Junior Hockey Fan Forums Net Ring
owned by Board Moderators.
[ Random Site | List Sites ]