a fantasy?

by Some_Arrogant_Jerk

this is the part of why I disagree with mostly everything you say.

According to you, the same process that has been done for years and years(which every player deemed worthy of a contract goes through) is apparently a fantasy because one cake eating college boy with a lawyer-esque agent finds a way to exploit a loophole for selfish benefits.

I dont understand why you are making out like this punk is an honest kid getting a chance because of nothing but elbow grease. Maybe its a habit of being contrary for the sake of it, but the truth is he couldve just signed with Anaheim. They were willing to sign him, the defensive situation is still quite wide open, and it was overall a good situation(unlike Edmonton). He had no legit reason not to stick it out with the team that drafted him. If he actually had a good reason to merit trading him(which he didnt), he couldve just quietly asked and then waited to see if they could accomodate him...rather than DEMAND a trade and make a thing out of it. The team took a big risk and did alot of homework before drafting a raw talent in the 2nd round...the least he could do was reciprocate. What actually happened was arrogant and audacious and it speaks volumes for his character. He was going to get paid alot of money regardless, and barring any outside variables, shouldnt have any problems with money again. If you ask me, the more you think about it, the more things stray further away from 'the working joe finding a break in a cruel world' perception, and closer to 'the 16 year old rich girl that cries because her lamborghini birthday gift isnt pink'.

And just so you know, what he did doesnt screw over the owner. The owner could care less about anything hockey related, as the entry level contract was going to someone else if not Schultz anyways. The ones that got the short straw were the staff that put the work in, as well as the fans I guess. And you think its just dandy, because of some vaunted misplaced feeling of retribution on a flawed system.

The fact of the matter is that behind all the words, you dont really understand even half of what you profess to know. I dont think you really understand the sport in general, and what this kid did means to it.

Posted on Jul 1, 2012, 8:41 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. Not directed at Randy or anyone, but "greedy owners"...the guys who take all the risk...... T.K.O., Jul 1, 2012, 9:02 PM
  2. SAJ, you are just being a dink as usual. Observer, Jul 3, 2012, 5:08 PM
    1. This why he went to Edmonton, from someone who makes sense. Observer, Jul 3, 2012, 5:39 PM
    2. ok, first of all. Some_Arrogant_Jerk, Jul 4, 2012, 12:57 AM
      1. Lebron. Randy, Jul 4, 2012, 5:16 AM
        1. uh yeah he did. Some_Arrogant_Jerk, Jul 5, 2012, 5:40 PM
      2. Dumb comparison. Observer, Jul 4, 2012, 8:22 AM
        1. what dumb is how obvious you are ducking my point.. Some_Arrogant_Jerk, Jul 5, 2012, 5:44 PM
          1. The only thing dumb here is your reply. Observer, Jul 7, 2012, 6:18 PM
            1. how is that what you get out of what Ive been saying?. Some_Arrogant_Jerk, Jul 7, 2012, 6:54 PM
              1. Quit whining. Observer, Jul 8, 2012, 12:21 PM
                1. k, clearly you are irrational. Some_Arrogant_Jerk, Jul 8, 2012, 8:33 PM
      3. Well said.......... brawler, Jul 7, 2012, 4:54 PM
    3. You're right about one thing.......... brawler, Jul 7, 2012, 4:46 PM

Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

This RingSurf Major Junior Hockey Fan Forums Net Ring
owned by Board Moderators.
[ Random Site | List Sites ]