WHL Message Board
Where fans of the WHL can talk hockey, exchange ideas and talk to fans from other cities. Keep it civil!!
PLEASE READ MESSAGE BOARD GUIDELINES BEFORE PROCEEDING.
Please direct all inquiries/comments/etc to: boardmoderators@hotmail.com. Thank you.
This board is in no way officially associated with the Western Hockey League.

So glad the Giants missed the Playoffs, rather than going out like Kelowna & Saskatoon

by T.K.O.

Basically gifted Kamloops the Kelowna killer Kessy, and bilked the Blades out of a 1st rounder too = priceless.

[linked image]

"I have a slap shot harder than most Atom players" - T.K.O.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 9:56 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Coach Molleken asked for my advice...

by Bennett Presser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EChnZTJicw

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 7:59 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

That was ^^^me^^....cut & pasted wrong

by David Bennett

nm

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 8:01 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Blazers win in ot

by

Gonna need to do something with their PP tho if they plan to move past 3rd round. 12 powerplays to 1 and still goes to ot

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 9:52 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Ummm, WOW... The Rockets got "Criched"

by Pepper Carrot

Ive seen teams get Criched before but DAMN. He Criched the Rockets to death. Nearly every penalty was to a Star player on the Rockets.

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 10:02 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

So Proud of the Rockets...

by Rocketfuel

What a push back by the Rockets tonight.

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 10:05 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Ummm, WOW... The Rockets got "Criched"

by

Its was tough to watch thats for sure.

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 10:08 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

RR needs to fix this problem

by mjw22

officiating is brutal most nights in this league. Maybe all the money taken in for fines etc could go to paying for better refs.

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 11:08 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

No balance to a zebra

by

But that makes sense. One is teams is always getting beat up because the officiating is horrid and the other team is actually getting calls. The officiating is all over the place with the few referees in the States. Consistent calls by any referee would be great, but they are Jekyll and Hyde night to night. Besides wearing green jerseys and throwing cowbells that is.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 12:13 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Well really could you do any better?

by KBF

If you say yes you're a liar. Easy to say.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 1:04 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I've posted this before, youve got the best of the worst in

by Puffy

these guys. The kids going thru the system that are REALLY interested in reffing are chased away at a young age by the beligerant coaches and parents! If people would keep their mouths shut when they go to minor hockey games and let the younger 1's do their job and grow as an official, you'll find yourself with a better selection in later years.
As a 10-12 year old ref trying to learn his job....who wants to listen to losers up in the stands scream and hurl insults at you? Soooo.... In the end, you have the mediocre refs sticking it out and the leagues really dont have a choice who to pick from,,

Good day

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 6:18 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Honestly

by

The ones not chased away that are any good get taken by the NHL even if just barely decent it would seem.
WHL and other leagues get the leftovers.
This is how the system works and will always work, the best go pro.
The league does battle with it by running ref camps each year to improve the situation but honestly if the camps work we will just lose more refs.
Its an endless cycle.

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
160-160-1-82egqaha7ql25azk459t1w0mx.gif
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 7:41 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

they still haven't recovered

by hoople head

from when the NHL went to a two ref system, that was a difficult blow to recover from. The NHL never gave much thought into where all the extra refs would come from. There is certainly not enough thought in how we develop officials.

I think there are a handful of decent officials out there, even if they do get bitched about on this board. But there certainly isn't enough strong ones. The officiating was better before we went to the two ref system.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

"Now you wear your skin like iron
Your breath's as hard as kerosene"

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 11:49 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

crich and klien what brutal luck Kelowna nm

by mjw22

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 11:10 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Ummm, WOW... The Rockets got "Criched"

by T.K.O.

[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 10:31 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Surreal in Blazerville

by KBF

For what's seemed to be an eternity this team was stuck in quick sand. Couldn't win a friggin playoff game never mind series for years. Now after 12 years of suffering we finally are seeing the rewards! 15 playoff wins the last 2 years looks great for this organization to finally set a foundation for the future Blazers.

Now the Rockets had a great season. They are going to be deadly next year and most likely should get 50+ wins again. I realize the Rockets had alot of players out with injuries and key pieces mind you. The thing is in this series they had Carter Rigby, JT Barnett, Mitch Wheaton, and Ballie returning from suspension so they almost were all hands on deck. Blazers were missing their best offensive players in Bozon and Smith for most or all of the series but in the end proved they had more depth than the Rockets did.

Colin Smith and Tim Bozon will be ready for the Winterhawks. Hawk fans for some strange, retarded reason are acting like their team will be playing Everett or something.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 1:38 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

All Hands on deck?

by Rocketfuel

If you think Rigby, Barnett, and Wheaton where anywhere near the force they could have been if they were playing 100% HEALTHY you are out of your mind. Rigby and Wheaton were no healthier this series than they were 5 weeks ago when they were first reported to be done for the season. Both still need the surgery they require and I am sure Wheaton re-injured his shoulder in game 3. I gaurentee you not a single Blazer would have suffered through what those 3 warriors did to try and help their team win a game.

It's called heart. Something Colin Smith should take notes on. The puke takes a bit of a budge from Baillie, sells it, his team goes up so they sit him and fake an injury to get a longer suspension.

For you to say it was almost all hands on deck is ******* ludacris.

Hawks in 4.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 2:42 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: All Hands on deck?

by Bullwinkle

I take exception to your comment that Colin Smith has no heart!
The only time this kid missed any games was when he had a broken arm.
He goes into the dirty areas and plays his *** off every game.
Not bad for a guy that "too small to make it"! To
say he "sold" it makes you a twat. You think the Blazers are going to sit their best player
if he was healthy? The kid obviously has concussion symptoms or he would have been playing.
The Rockets had a good year and will be even better next. Injuries suck but everyone has to deal with it.
Now stop making excuses, accept the loss, move on, and grow the **** up!

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 6:28 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

by Jamial

Now you just won the "most insane post of the series" award. The "puke"? "Has no heart". A "Budge".

Wow! He got blindsided by one of the Rockettes headhunters, missed the majority of the series. Blazers were missing 2 key guys with over 200 pts combined this season and still got the job done.

Let's face the facts. The Rockets "overachieved" this season. Were picked for 5-6 in the conference. Their lack of depth showed and their lack of discipline definitely was a factor.

Suck it up and move on.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 6:38 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

by

Your more likely to over achieve in a 7 game series then a 72 game season. Just saying

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 5:04 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

It wasn't all injuries....

by Invisible Man

Olsen and Franko, 3 goals between them. Your problem was not the guys you were missing, it was the ones who did not pick up the slack. Both were MIA all playoffs. You had 1 guy scoring. Not going to win like that. Quit blaming the injuries.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 8:19 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Reality Check Man...

by Blackhawks18

You are a 3 player team... without Smith, Ranford and Lipon... maybe 4 if you cound Bozun, I don't.

If you honestly think you are going to run a true series against the Hawks, when you barely beat a depleted/Injury ridden Kelowna team? You are sadly mistaken. Those are just the facts dude... not cocky, not classless... facts. The Hawks are a much better team than they were last year... I will be surprised if you make it 5 games...

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 7:25 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Portland fans are fine ones to be talking about a "3 player team"

by STBF

Take away Rattie, Petan and Leipsic, and pretty soon the Winterhawks are a middle-of-the-pack team just like the Blazers would be without Smith, Ranford and Lipon. What kind of offensive production have the Hawks gotten from the likes of Kopec, DeChamplain, Baker, Peters, Iverson, etc.? No more and no less than other teams get from their mid-caliber players.

Of course, both the Hawks and the Blazers WON'T be without those elite players, which is a big reason why those two clubs are among the very top teams in the league. Having multiple elite, high-end players is usually what separates the best from the rest. Portland is no different than Kamloops in this regard.

As for your prediction of a Portland sweep, I wouldn't bet a whole lot of dough on that.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 8:52 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Yeah...

by Winterhawks03

141 total points across 17 player. 3 with 15+, 7 with 10+, 11 with 5 +;

114 total points across 15 players. 2 with 15+, 4 with 10+, 9 with 5+.

I'll let you figure out which is which.

PS: those "mid-caliber" players are almost all 16/17.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 10:18 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hey... News Flash

by

1 JC Lipon Kamloops Blazers 10 5 16 21 6
2 Ty Rattie Portland Winterhawks 10 11 8 19 4
3 Brendan Ranford Kamloops Blazers 10 5 14 19 0
4 Brendan Leipsic Portland Winterhawks 10 5 10 15 25
5 Nicolas Petan Portland Winterhawks 10 5 10 15 4
6 Tyson Baillie Kelowna Rockets 9 8 6 14 18
7 Kale Kessy Kamloops Blazers 10 11 2 13 8
8 Stephane Legault Edmonton Oil Kings 9 5 8 13 2
9 * Oliver Bjorkstrand Portland Winterhawks 10 5 8 13 2
10 Derrick Pouliot Portland Winterhawks 10 4 9 13 6

Thats top 10 playoff scoring. See a consistent theme?

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 10:53 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Forget your meds again today?

by KBF

As long as the ChickencheaterHawks don't try and run our goalie and that little rat puke Rattie doesn't fake an injury the Blazers will give the Hawks everything and more in the playoffs.

You goofs just endear yourselves to everyone on here don't you?

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 11:01 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

LOL

by

"Give them all and more".

You BARELY beat a injured and depleted Kelowna Rockets club..

And I am the one who forgot his meds... you obviously overdosed..

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 11:13 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

what?

by hoople head

Apparently barely beat has been redefined as swept in four games.

Good to know that the oil kings barely beat the tigers.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 12:34 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

No kidding haha

by

Like I've always stated, Hawk fans are the kookiest bunch of people on the internet. I'd take Blades fans nuttiness over theirs.

Portland allowed 16 goals in 6 games against Everett. Kamloops allowed 10 goals against in 4 games against Kelowna.

Speaking out of their asses is a passion of theirs.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 12:39 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

should be a good series

by hoople head

I'm gonna guess portland in 6 but you never know. The tips proved that portland can be defeated. Right now the oil kings are looking like the cream of the crop IMHO.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 12:44 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I love how you ALWAYS show bias stats..

by Blackhawks18

THESE are the stats round by round... so it's an actual FAIR assesment.

Round 1:
Games - 6 (POR 4 - EVE 2)
Goals For - Portland 32 / Everett 16

Games - 6 (KAM 5 - VIC 2)
Goals For - Kamloops 23 - Victoria 18

--------------------
Round 2:
Games - 4 (POR 4 - SPO 0) third year in a row
Goals For - Portland 18 - Spokane 3

Games - 4 (KAM 4 - KEL 0)
Goals For - Kamloops 18 - Kelowna 10

THOSE are the stats round by round. Funny... you talk crap about Portland losing two to Everett, you lost 2 to Victoria and they scored a hell of a lot more goals against you compared to goals for..

Cya in a week..

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 12:54 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

And I love how YOU ALWAYS act like you were the first one attacked

by KBF

Typical constant defensive mode from a Chickenhawk fan. Woeeeee is meeeeee. Remember Victoria was a better team than Everett in the regular season as well. You wanna run that fat mouth of yours you're getting it back. Don't be such a baby all the time.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 12:58 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

No baby here..

by

But if you are dropping stats... do it right there slapnuts wink.gif

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 1:01 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Yeah, no stat bias at all

by hoople head

everett: 57 points

victoria: 77 points

Just who do you think had the easier road in the first round? Are you honestly telling me you're satisfied with what portland did in the first round? The tigers had an easier time with saskatoon than portland had with everett. The only reason the silvertips are even in the playoffs is because how retarded the conferences and divisions are set up. There's no way a 57 point team should be in the playoffs.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 1:01 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Who the hell said I was happy?

by

I had to sit in my STH seats and watch those two losses... so no... I wasn't happy.

But I AM telling you, that Lotz was the difference... Carruth was his typical self, and I have never denied that. I think after he gave up that goal to Everett in game 4, he got a ration of **** from coach green and he straightened his **** out.. plain and simple.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 1:03 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I am not saying they are doomed to fail

by hoople head

But what I am saying is that portland has shown the chinks in their armour. Loops is yet and unknown quantity as they beat a hobbled rockets club.

The hawks went through the chiefs in four, fair enough. The blazers went through a kelowna club and it's tough to define just what sort of test that really was.

It should be two really interesting semi final matchups, loops and port and the battle of alberta, providing the hits put an end to sutter's misery.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 1:09 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Agreed

by

I understand where you are coming from... but as a LONG time season ticket holder this is A-Typical for Portland... yes, it was Everett... I won't deny it, and believe me it blew... everyone wants to sweep the first round. I will say that Spokane, in the state they were in, are a MUCH better club than Kelowna... you have to admit that... and other than game 1, it really wasn't even a match-up... it was a downright beating.

And I am not saying Loops is just going to roll over and give it to Portland either... they are a good club, and Portland/Kamloops has and always will be once of my favorite match ups going back to the mid 80's... I just don't see it happening this year. This Portland fielding is MUCH better than last year and very cohesive..

We will see

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 1:17 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

At this point

by hoople head

loops is a total wildcard, I agree. It should be a decent series I think, but ultimately I think we're going to see a rematch of last year's finals.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 2:23 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

A team of nine-year-olds

by

could make the playoffs beating up on Prince George and Vancouver this year. Victoria was the weakest team to make the playoffs hands down. Good grief.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 2:10 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

As compared to

by hoople head

the unstoppable powerhouses that the tbirds and silvertips were? Give me a break. All of the teams out west padded their stats against those four weakling clubs. transplant the wheatkings into the west and they miss the playoffs by one point. Both loops and portland had easy roads in the first round.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 2:22 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Once again

by

making the playoffs in the East versus West isn't as simple as comparing points at the end - the dynamics of each group is completely different and as such a team like Brandon may just as easily be ****-stomped like Vancouver was this season.

The difference between Seattle and Everett is they don't play Vancouver and Prince George a combined EIGHTEEN (18) times. That's 25% of their schedule. Who couldn't make the playoffs with a strength of schedule like that?

I'm not saying Portland had it hard - I'm simply pointing out that the disparity in talent between Victoria and Everett is hardly as large as the gap in their points; quite the opposite, in fact.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 3:01 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Funny story and numbers

by KBF

Both Portland and Kamloops top line's have gotten 42 percent of their team's goes in the regular season.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 4:58 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Funnier yet is you comparing these two teams top line's contributions.

by Rocketfuel

When portland scored 73 more goals. LOL

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 6:17 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Oh still shaking in your boots I see lol

by KB

You guys barely beat the Silvertips. So what the hell are you chirping about? You are a clueless idiot. Blazers have lots of depth. You take away your 3 little smurfs and the Chickenhawks are average as well.

Keep making post showing how worried you are. I ******* love it.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 10:59 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

And then there were 5...

by

Kelowna, Medicine Hat, and Spokane OUT!

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 9:49 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

All sweeps!

by Pepper Carrot

Who woulda thought?

I believe the conference finals will be closer. Portland VS Kamloops will be a treat to watch! But with Shaw being shaw, they will likely show Cal/EDM(also not a bad matchup, mind you)

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 9:56 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Williamson

by

Willie in the semis! Go Calgary!

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 10:27 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

To quote you. "ALL Sweeps. Who woulda thought?" If you would have thought,

by canesrock

you might have noticed that not all 4 series are even over, nevermind sweeps. Your talking about an Edm/Calg playoff series as though it is a 100% done deal. There is still one series going on and I think Mr. Sutter and Patrik Bartosak may want to dispute what you posted.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 3:59 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

The "all sweeps" remark was in Reply to Rebeltiger

by Pepper Carrot

Who said Spokane, Kelowna, and Tigers are out.

And the "who woulda thought" remark was a little cocky joke on my part as i predicted those 3 series being sweeps :P

But i need the Rebels to steal one in Calgary then lose it on home ice(hitties in 6)

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 5:17 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

too bad

by hoople head

that you didn't call the sweep correctly in the MH saskatoon series...

I recall you predicting a sweep there as well but I think you didn't quite get what you thought you would.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 5:20 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

A sweep is a sweep

by Pepper Carrot

I should at least get points for that!

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 5:57 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Congrats to the chuckers

by hoople head

And congrats tigers on a good post season run. I had more fun at games 3 and 4 of the toon series than I've had at any hockey game since 07.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 12:31 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Spokane scratches

by

Why scratch Playfair and Fiddler? Did coach just give up or something? Figured Spokane would be the 4-2 team and not Everett. Lotz was still amazing for those two wins.

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 9:20 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Spokane scratches

by SWB

Spokane's scratches was definitely a head scratcher. Fiddler was their top scorer this season, right?

Why would you roll over like that and not show up to play when your back is against the wall facing the broom in your own barn?

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 10:29 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Did not give up

by Chief-Pilot

We scratched those two because a 16 year old can do what Playfair does (or more) and Fiddler was terrible throughout the playoffs. The 2 16 year olds that replaced them skated hard, created some chances, and through more checks than any other Chief aside from Aviani.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 3:19 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Did not give up

by SWB

Thanks Chief-Pilot, that makes sense!

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 4:09 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

what have they done lately to deserve to play

by cranky

should've happened earlier.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 5:03 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Predictions on how many teams are out of playoffs tonight??

by

I'll go with two (Kelowna and Spokane)

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 7:26 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Kale Kessy

by whoisdat

You know the calibre of play in the WHL has fallen off when Kessy starts scoring on a regular basis.

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 7:42 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Heh

by hoople head

Nah. IMHO he should have been a solid 50-60 point guy. I guess he took his last chance to heart.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 7:52 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

In the playoffs of all places, he just got the series winner!

by Pepper Carrot

WTG Kessey!

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 9:50 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Aww you mad bro?

by KBF

Cause Blazers know how to use him while no other team did?

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 1:04 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

know how to use him?

by hoople head

Are you for real? For most of his career he was a selfish me first plug. He spent most of his career in the hat with good coaches and good linemates but never really amounted to anything. The tigers finally got sick of his selfish play and shipped him to van, where he played under maybe the best junior coach alive today and still did dick all. Finally he got shipped again, where he finally figured out that he has a talent that could pay him millions a year but if he doesn't pull his head out of his arse he'll spend the rest of his life pumping gas and sitting on a bar stool telling his buddies how 'that could have been him' ever saturday night during the hockey season. And it only took him until he was three quarters of the way through his overage season to figure it out.

The only reason he's in a blazer uniform today and not playing pro is because he's a selfish, me first child. He may have finally grown up but it's probably a case of too little too late. With his talent he should have easily been a late first round draft pick when he was 18.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 12:11 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Thanks for the jinx

by hoople head

3-2 soil queens now. Tigers were even holding a lead at one point.

Good luck in the next round chuckers.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 8:14 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I say two

by mjw22

Saskatoon ooops already gone lol kelowna

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 8:51 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Kamloops fans win with class..

by Web

Said no one ever. What a disgusting experience as an out of town fan. Never had an experience like that in any other teams barn. Now said its not as bad in the regular season.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 11:01 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

And then......

by KBF

nm

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 11:30 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

no and then!

by Bonghit1

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 1:32 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Say What?

by S.E.F.

I have been in Kelowna's barn on several occasions and trust me. If you ware garb supporting the opposition you are not well received. On one occasion, my wife got threatened coming out of the ladies room. If you got a few rude comments in Kamloops, so what. It ain't no different in Kelowna. All of this is a sad situation. We are all just hockey fans supporting our team. We have had great reception in other arenas in our travels over the years. Especially in Everet. Great people and very friendly.

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 6:06 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Say What?

by Web

Ican handle comments i cant handle getting a loogie hocked on my arm when leaving the arena and getting told to get the f**k out of town.

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 7:48 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Brutal

by hoople head

If true. I hate your team but that's too far.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 7:53 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Every team has trash

by Mitch

Sounds terrible. I remember reading about a longtime Hawks fan that got threatened by some young punks when he told them to sit down while they kept standing in front of a person in a wheelchair. Hard to say there are only bad fans for any team, every team seems to have good and fans that act like they deserve a puck to the face.

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 8:19 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

some have more than others

by hoople head

Medicine hat for example, when they are winning all the bandwagaon f@cktards come out of the wood work. When a fan bus leaves with 10 or more people less than it had when it arrived because they got thrown in the drunk tank you know there's a problem. In 05 when the tigers and broncos met in the first round I made the trip out to swift for games 3 and 4 and on the second day I left my tigers jersey at home. What a bunch of friggin retards. You know it's bad when there's literally 4 RCMP officers in the building and there's barely over 2000 fans walk through the gates.

I've heard and seen some bad stuff from moose jaw fans but I think the tiger fans take the cake out east.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 12:20 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Saay What?

by sosser

Pretty small of you to compare the entire assembly to a few folks, who may or may not had issues with you. I certainly don't compare your fine young team to one certain individual....thankfully, not everyone is cut out of the same pattern..

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 12:42 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Halifax Mooseheads after 7 games

by Pepper Carrot

they are 7-0.

41 goals for
6 goals against

Yes its early, but has there ever been a start to the playoffs quite like that?

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 8:39 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Yes Drummondville in 2009

by whlfan25

Through 7 games in 2009

7-0

55 GF
13 GA

Total on their way to the Coupe De President
Defeating Lewiston, Montreal, Rimouski and Shawinigan

109 GF

16-3 Record

Still upset that Kelowna didn't finish off Windsor in the MC that year after Kelowna had a bye to the final.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 9:01 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

You asked....has there ever been a start to the playoffs quite like that?

by

I would say yes. The Tigers slaughtering the Blades would seem about the same.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 9:01 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Not even close

by Pepper Carrot

The Tigers/Blades series was alot closer than the MooseHeads first round.

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 4:56 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

better yet PC has a team ever had such a hot finish

by mjw22

to the season and such a brutal start to the play offs lol

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 8:49 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

the q is never a fair representation

by travis

given their playoff seeding.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 9:41 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Saskatoon Blades 2013.......

by KBF

Oh **** sorry.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 10:44 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

by Alan

The 2008-09 Hitmen went 12-0 to start the WHL playoffs, sweeping the first three series while outscoring the opposition (in order: Edmonton, Lethbridge, and Brandon) 58-21 in those 12 games.

And they didn't even win the WHL title after that, being beaten by Kelowna 4-2 in the final.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 11:09 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

WHL only....

by

Consecutive Playoff Wins

12 - Calgary Hitmen, March 19, 2009 through April 22, 2009.
- Vancouver Giants, March 8, 2006 through May 9, 2006.
- Spokane Chiefs, March 27, 1991 through May 1, 1991.
- Swift Current Broncos, Mar. 29, 1989 through Apr. 29, 1989.
- Kamloops Jr. Oilers, March 23, 1984 through April 30, 1984.
11 - Brandon Wheat Kings, Mar. 31, 1979 through Apr. 19, 1979.
- Kootenay Ice, March 30, 2011 through April 27, 2011.
- Edmonton Oil Kings, March 23, 2012, through April 24, 2012.
10 - Brandon Wheat Kings, Mar. 21, 1996 through Apr. 14, 1996.
- Kelowna Rockets, March 22, 2003 through April 19, 2003.

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 11:35 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Also...

by

LONGEST UNBEATEN STREAK:

14 - Estevan Bruins (12-0-2), 1968 Playoffs.

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 11:37 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Most Goals ONE Playoff Game...

by

MOST GOALS IN ONE GAME (TEAM):

17 - Regina Pats, March 28, 1985, at Regina. Defeated Saskatoon Blades 17-3.
15 - Kamloops Blazers, April 8, 1988, at Kamloops. Defeated Spokane Chiefs 15-3.

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 11:39 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Was lorne coaching lol

by mjw22

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 8:52 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

In 89 Swift was undefeated in the entire playoffs...

by

Mar 29, 1989 Wed Moose Jaw Swift Current 2-10
Mar 31, 1989 Fri Swift Current Moose Jaw 5-2
Apr 1, 1989 Sat Moose Jaw Swift Current 3-9
Apr 4, 1989 Tue Swift Current Moose Jaw 4-1

Apr 7, 1989 Fri Saskatoon Swift Current 7-10
Apr 9, 1989 Sun Swift Current Saskatoon 8-7
Apr 11, 1989 Tue Saskatoon Swift Current 2-7
Apr 14, 1989 Fri Swift Current Saskatoon 7-4

Apr 22, 1989 Sat Portland Swift Current 1-4
Apr 23, 1989 Sun Portland Swift Current 3-5
Apr 27, 1989 Thu Swift Current Portland 10-4
Apr 29, 1989 Sat Swift Current Portland 4-1

Source
http://dropyourgloves.com/Games/Schedule.aspx?League=5&Season=1989&Competition=1&Scores=Yes

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 11:54 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

what no blade team on that list .

by eastfan

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 8:56 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I would have never predicted this

by hoople head

The blades are out and pepper is pumping the tires of the quebec team. Wow what a shock. But as many have already answered your question, yes many teams have. If you actually followed this league after your blades blow it in the first round you would have known the answer to your question.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 1:52 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Safe to say tonight is the most important night of the 2nd round of the WHL playoffs.

by canesrock

All four series are in play tonight. Three of the four series are in the pivotal 3rd game. The Rebels/Hitmen game is the only one that is playing the 4th game of their series.

Can an injury riddled Kelowna Rockets team make a series of it, or do the Blazers basically book their ticket into the 3rd round? I think Kamloops win big time tonight.

Do the Tigers use home ice advantage in their rinky dink little barn to extend the Oil Kings for at least another couple games? Or did the Hat blow their load in the 2nd period of the last game when they out shot Edmonton 18-3, yet lost? I will take the Tigers about 4-3.

Can Spokane use home ice advantage to extend their series with Hawks? The Chiefs have been a tough team to put away ever since their 2008 WHL championship. No doubt on paper this series is mismatch. Just don't expect Spokane to roll over and let the Hawks win easily. I will give Portland this game 5-3.

The remainder of the WHL playoff picture might be much clearer after tonight's games.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 5:25 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I damn near nailed the Tigers/Oil Kings game bang on.

by canesrock

Other than the minor detail about being wrong by a measly EIGHT GOALS. So I was wrong by 8 goals. That is still pretty close, if we are talking football.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 8:59 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Question for IPAD users...can I watch WHL live on

by Puffy

demand with it? Any do's or dont's that I need to be aware of?

Thanx......and Good Day!

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 3:14 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

yes

by Miker2k

It seems to work fine for me, I end up using AirPlay to push it to an AppleTV.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 3:33 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Yes, you can

by Tipped Off

....but you can't purchase a game on your iPAD. You have to purchase it on your computer then sign in with your username & password on the iPAD and the game will be ready to watch.

I find the quality to be ok. the issue is the strength of your wifi or signal from your carrier if using a mobile carrier instead of wifi.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 3:34 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Thanx gang and good day. Nm

by Puffy

Nm

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 4:00 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Ask a specialist

by Sprint mobile

Are there any *Portland fans around?

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 6:45 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Actually, it was Everett....

by

...or could've been Moose Jaw (dont remember) that gave their entire team iPad "playbooks". But that was ok, cause it was a Christmas gift. Nothing to see here, move along.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 6:52 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

lol Bartel is pathetic

by KBF

His blog is something to really laugh about. "Playoff success in Kamloops is well documented". "For what it's worth the Rocket won back to back playoff games in Kamloops in 2009 as well as Game 5 in 2002."

Is this guy for real? He has to scrape at the bottom of the barrel just to create some positivity? Completely different teams Regan and circumstances. Grasping at straws is his speciality.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 11:56 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

"Rockets played better than the 5-1 score indicated"

by KBF

That they didn't. Myles Bell made a HORRIBLE LAZY pass that created what I believe ended up being the game winner. Other than a couple flurries they had nothing. This guy really should be a stand up comic.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 11:58 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Episode 7 of On The Edge airs this Sunday on Sportsnet!!

by T.K.O.

I am stoked!!

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 8:31 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Best graphic added to a post all season!!!!

by gr8freak

Beauty!! LOL

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 10:32 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Funny as hell and so true lol nm

by mjw22

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 1:34 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Too funny that is!

by canesrock

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 3:32 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Classic!!

by BC Tiger Fan

Beauty T.K.O.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 6:31 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Optimist Rebels advance past NW Giants tonight

by

Saw someone posting a few days ago how they lost the firs game in a best of 3

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 11:38 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Anyone from the chuck

by hoople head

want to give a recap of games one and two?

Looks like the tigers are on their way to sweepsville. As predicted, their playoff run will be short but glorious.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 6:50 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

@Winterhawk fans. Can we chat?

by Willy Wonka

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7848/regssn.jpg

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 6:05 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Give me a break, they don't have interwebs at the factory

by Willy Wonka

regssn.jpg

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 6:06 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Or calendars, apparently

by

you're late to the party.

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 6:24 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

KBF's move to Indiana no help...

by T.K.O.

ROSELAWN, IND.A northern Indiana man who called 911 and told dispatchers he was driving drunk and needed to be taken off the road got his wish when a sheriff's deputy arrived.

State Police say 24-year-old Matthew Devore of Logansport was arrested early Monday along Interstate 65 in Jasper County.

Police said Devore had a blood-alcohol level of .09, just over Indiana's legal limit for driving. He was being held at the Jasper County Jail on a driving while intoxicated charge.

State Police say Devore lost control of his car early Monday and it ended up in a grassy median with a flat tire.

Police say Devore then called 911, saying he was a drunk and needed to be taken off the road. A sheriff's deputy was then dispatched to the scene.

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 3:38 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Rocket Fan Base Slipping?

by Dubbernut

What's happening in Kelowna...I'm hearing rumblings that fans are frustrated with how the team sky-rockets the Play-off tickets each year and that's why we're seeing the low attendance figures like we are this year and last post season also. As long as I can remember Kelowna always sold out play-off games....Rocket fans, what's going?

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 9:05 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I think they're dying off

by KBF

You ever been in that arena for a game? Guarantee 85 percent of the people are 70 + years old. Reminds me of Jurassic Park.

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 9:33 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Speaking for myself........

by gr8freak

I've noticed a number of season ticket holders in my section (112) that have not returned. Over the last 2-3 years it's been a slow and steady decline in the amount of people that return to the seats around me. Yes they are retired folks but they aren't dying off.I manage torun into them around town during the year. For the most part, fixed income seniors are screwed. At some point when you're running a budget on a fixed amount of $$$$, something has got to go when the price of ALL your utilities continues to rise. In more than a few cases I've heard stories of people just passing on playoff packages. That happens for a year or two. Then the next season they don't return at all.

I'm fortunate to be able to afford and support my team. But in that context (I have 3 kids aged 13, 10 and 7) there are not many new young families coming to games. At least not that I've noticed.

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 2:24 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re Speaking

by Anonymous

Yep, agree with what you said.....the purchasing power of what disposable income we do have left has been simply anihilated by the increased price of everything,

My generation are not dying off en masse just yet, we're just unloading the stuff we can find cheaper elsewhere like at Junior A & B games......e.g Kelowna Chiefs (senior) ticket $8 plus free parking and $2 coffee

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 3:04 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Likewise in 104

by Rocketfuel

It seems it's mostly the corner season ticket holders that seem to be disappearing, which is where the "cheaper" tickets are, (not club). These section, 112, 114, 104 and 106 are where the fixed income seniors and older families get their tickets, and the prices for even these seats are sky rocketing (pun intended) to an unafforadable rate. Soon, you may see Kelowna charging $800+ per seat for a season, which is the complete wrong direction it should be going, especially when the team isn't winning anything meaningful, and the economy still being feeble.

I can understand pushing prices up in a winning season, but for tickets to be more expensive now, than they were in 2003/04, is confusing.

I wouldn't say the fan base is slipping, I believe the Kelowna Brass is forcing their faithful out of the joint so they can line their pockets, which is backfiring because now they can't fill a 6000 seat arena in a hockey crazy town.

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 5:42 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

"Hockey crazy town"

by KBF

Not even close Jared. That place is a friggin morgue. Always has been. If it were that crazy it the media would pay more attention to it and the place would still be packed

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 12:49 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Kelowna has the will to fill this barn...

by Rocketfuel

The prices are just so bloody steep.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 2:53 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Its called inflation (nm)

by Pepper Carrot

nm

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 10:33 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Don't you mean Geriatric Park? lol - nm

by

nm

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 9:03 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

WOW

by stupol

4505 in Loops Town. Guess all the Cowboys stayed home. Now if KBF went to the game there would be 4506 lmfao

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 9:31 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Ah, not so...

by Contractor

Just 4305 per the WHL website.

You were being generous.

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 8:55 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

A crowd of 4300 in Kamloops is twice louder than 6000 in Kelowna

by KBF

nm

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 9:06 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Its true

by Badwun

What KBF said...an ageing fan base....following the Seattle series my old ticker cant take anymore of their damned overtime games.

Personally, and I know others of like mind.....I just prefer regular season play...sorry playoffs just don't do it for me.

I spend more time at Junior A and B games at least there I'm surrounded by people who live hockey, hockey moms and dads, coaches, players, billets....I go to a Rockets game and the company owner sat behind me with the gold chains and Rolex cant even pronounce the players names......

Well, someone did ask ?

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 11:33 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

LOL

by Randy

Yah, because noone else will move into the fastest growing city in Canada. Once the current people pass away, it will look like a ghost town. Like where the frick are you guys at?

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 11:49 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Truth

by

Think the truth is that yes, a lot of seniors have given up their tickets and new people haven't taken them over....albeit the playoff price increase is pretty large and not appreciated by many. My wife and I have three season tickets, our child is grown now and no longer comes to games much anymore however many people in my section are growing frustrated with the Hamilton Cash crab come post season time and many reconsider on buying season tickets because of it and instead go with prepacks.

I love the team, the organization and think Major Junior hockey is the best there is, although, over the past couple of seasons I've had the opportunity to see many other Western Hockey League Teams and some OHL teams play and think Kelowna's marketing lacks. The Rockets seem to be pretty flat and lack originality for many of their promotions and marketing in comparison to other teams I've seen/visited. Perhaps for all the years of sell-outs and waiting lists for season tickets they didn't have to worry about appealing to the new fan, but now with Westside having a club, Rutland having a jr. B franchise (although I personally don't think the hockey compares)I'm thinking hockey fans have options and cheaper ones at that.

Regardless, I stil support the club and am proud to do it....I will be giving up on my season ticket year, but would agree that the large playoff price increases are starting to show through as we saw less than 5,000 in the rink last night, even though 5,400 hundred was announced.

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 2:17 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Not the fastest growing city in Canada...

by Jamial

by a long shot.

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 7:50 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

That actually belongs to toon town

by hoople head

http://www.journalofcommerce.com/article/id54127/--saskatoon-tops-list-of-fast-growing-canadian-cities

Although they are clearly not all flocking there for the hockey team...

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 7:54 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Actually belongs to Surrey...

by Jamial

nm

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 4:55 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Nope, its Saskatoon

by Pepper Carrot

nm

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 12, 2013, 12:18 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

top 4 in 2011

by Randy

But sorry to the staff and social studies department at the junior high school I go to for correcting me. lol

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 9:27 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: top 4 in 2011

by Randy

now if you excuse me, Wheels and Snake and Joey Jeremiah and I are going to call Zack and Screech and Slater to see if they want to go for a shake and see if we can get ahold of a census for 2013 so I don't make such a crucial mistake again. Maybe Mr Belding has one.

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 9:36 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

It's the same in many rinks...

by Jamial

Kamloops is the same, aging fan base. Even the biggest pumped up games of the year they can't fillthe place, even though they call it a "sell out".

Need to attract the younger crowd, University kids etc. Prices are not that out of line.

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 7:49 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Here in Spoke................

by CHIEFS-COP

Similar type of dynamic going on. A whole bunch of 'the faithful' have tailed off in their attendance............and I am speaking for me and many of the DFCP.

I think it just comes down to a very simple dynamic.........with all the rule changes, the game we grew up with and continue to (in our heart of hearts) love.....is gone.

Here in Spoke we could only expect a sold-out crowd is on a Buck Night.....dollar dogs, soda and popcorn. And half of those folks have never seen a hockey game before- just buying dinner for the kiddies.

I dream about the 'Old Days'.................

George Talotti, Gail Holden, Dave Cox, Larry Palanio, Don Scherza (a current Chiefs goal judge), Tom Hodges, Ken Gustafson, Tom Rendel, Charlie Goodwin, Gordie Turlik, Dave Toner, Nels Venerus, Jim Chow, Buddy Bodman, Vince Collins, Seth Martin.

These guys, in the day, played HOCKEY.

This shite today is like watching Grade 5 or 6 kids playing broom hockey.

Soap Box............OUT!

[linked image]

CHIEFS-COP

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 9:34 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

"I think it just comes down to a very simple dynamic.........with all the rule changes...

by T.K.O.

the game we grew up with and continue to (in our heart of hearts) love.....is gone". - CHIEFS-COP

BINGO...

KASE KLOSED

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 10:30 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Spoke games

by Anonymous

Spoke games are great alwayse a buzz in the rink. its an event.seems to be good numbers of younger people and familes.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 11:44 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Kelowna Problems

by jc

kelowna is a fairweather town, when the rockets are good the people show up, any glimmer of not winning they stay away it is cut and dry.

however i think the bigger problem is that it is just boring at games. they never have any cool promotions between periods, same old crap and advertisements. they give away the same junk at the same time of every period with that annoying Ian from the radio who knows nothing about hockey and reads cue cards. same music they have been playing for years, and again more advertisements, dont forget the little blimp that goes around dropping 2 for 1 coupons for some trendy restaurant.... and dont u dare start cheering loud the old folks will get upset and get security to toss u out, think im joking? try being loud and vocal and yell at the refs and players and see what happens. its not a hockey game your going to its a business night and certain people are lining their pockets with the same old dull boring game, people are finally seeing it and spending their hard earned money elsewhere.

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 10:15 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

There should be an age limit to post here.

by bcdfan

Your whole post is laugable but here is the part I like best: "....they never have any cool promotions between periods, same old crap and advertisements. they give away the same junk at the same time of every period..."

Happy junk hunting, got to get something for giving them all that money to get into the building!!! LOL

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 12:40 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

It's true.

by Rocketfuel

The games are really quite dull these days aside from the Hockey.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 2:54 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: There should be an age limit to post here.

by jc

u sound like the robot fans that have been groomed in kelowna. absolutely deluded.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 6:37 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: There should be an age limit to post here.

by bcdfan

I am willing to bet you don't even go to the games. While I got you here what do you want to see for your beloved entertainment and give a ways? In Kamloops last night they had two guys racing on tricycles to see who could make one lap around the rink the fastest. Is that what you had in mind? Hope not seen that a 1000 times. Come on loudmouth give us your ideas.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 7:28 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

haha so true

by KBF

Usually I'm with ya JC but the promotions in Kamloops and most places are terrible. I remember the most exciting ones were the shootout they'd have every game and the winner at the end would get a trip to Mexico or somewhere. Why they got rid of that is beyond me.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 11:17 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Promotions & Marketing are bad

by Section 109

Honestly I'm so glad someone has started this post and raised some of these points....I've been a season ticket holder since day 1 of the club moving to town and when you look back, game nights have not changed that much promotion and marketing wise.....and trust me!! Do not dare write in or comment to any of the Rocket staff about it because you are then seen as a negative person and their responses make you feel like the biggest piece of s%#t for bringing your opinion forward.

With the Rockets being a family run business its not like we're about to see new faces come in and bring in new ideas in terms of marketing...so, if you enjoy hockey just realize your going to pay top dollar to watch a good level of hockey and also realize that the promotions and fanfare aren't going to change.....Rockets marketing and promotions are stuck in they year 1995.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 5:02 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Why would they change?

by Randy

You guys have made guys like Hamiltons and Chynoweths wildly rich people by unconditionally handing them the keys to the city and handing them a printing press for dollars paid for by your dollars. These fricking owners seem to think that it is a privilege to watch their teams. They walk around like they invented the game. Why would Hamilton spend one dollar on marketing when he is making hand over fist without having to. Why would Chynoweths spend money when they know that they can just pull the pin anytime and go wherever they want. Ed Chynoweth sold suits for a living at Caswells in Saskatoon and became a multi millionaire by facilitating the formailization of charging money to watch young adult children play hockey. Do you have any idea the scandals that went on in the whl during his tenure that would make Penn State look tame? Bruce Hamilton, Chynoweths all come from the same program as the Brodskys. Have you watched the way Lorne Molleken talks to his guys during that tv show???? if he was a cicrus owner talking to his carnies you would call the guy a maniac. These owners are making money on your backs, on kids backs. And you expect them to fluff up their product by spending more money? Go tell the circus owner that the elephants would like to eat caviar and the people in the crowd want more for their dollar. Its all business.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 7:26 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Fairweather fans?

by Squig

What exactly is a fairweather fan? Cuz somehow these fairweather fans have sold out the building year after year. Kelowna has some of the best attendance in the league - yes it has dropped off lately but look around we ain't alone.

As for the rest of your post i really didnt read it - couldnt be bothered.

I go to games to watch hockey not to get free crap. Most games this year the hockey was great!

Oh and by the way 80% of season ticket holders purchased their playoff packages. Last year was close to 50%. Just saying......

Go Rockets Go!!

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 8:22 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Good on Kelowna for coming back from 3 games down in their last series.

by canesrock

This series against Kamloops, stick a fork in the Rockets. They are done.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 7:25 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I said it when we were down 3-1

by Rocketfuel

If they came back from down 0-3 against Seattle I don't care what else they do in the playoffs. Hard to play against a fully healthy team with half your team out.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 7:47 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: I said it when we were down 3-1

by Jamial

That's all they could say after last nights game as well. Blazers hammered them tonight missing over 70 goals between 2 guys in Smith and Bozon.

Injuries happen to every team. Using that as reason for a loss is nothing but excuses.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 7:51 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Happy to exit?

by IceBirder

Not sure how many teams that win 52 games in the regular season, have the 2nd best record in the league and are top ten in the CHL, would be happy with a 2nd round exit from the playoffs. Yeah, tough with some players out but every team has to deal with injuries.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 7:54 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

errr

by Rocketfuel

Some injuries? We are basically icing a Midget team this series. I think it's pretty legit to use it as an excuse

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 8:10 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

From what I know of the Rockets injury situation, what you said

by canesrock

""Injuries happen to every team. Using that as reason for a loss is nothing but excuses."" I call B.S.

The Rockets not only lost their best player (Colton Sissons) but one of the best overall players in the WHL. They also are missing 5 or 6 other players from their line-up. Tell me what team in any league can lose that many regulars and not fold like a cheap tent.

Not to take anything away from the Blazers but the team they are playing is not really the Rockets of the regular season. As good as the Blazers are, a fully loaded and ready to rock Kelowna team probably beats Kamloops.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 8:16 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

They got 2 of their injured players back the first 2 games

by KBF

Sure missing key guys but so are Blazers. Kamloops has beaten the Rockets 5 out of the 9 losses they've had at home all season and playoffs.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 8:43 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

It would be nice to see a best of 7 beween these 2 teams with every player healthy.

by canesrock

I think it might be another one of those series like Spokane and Tri had in the 2008 Western Conference final. It would take a lot to top that series but I think with these 2 teams at full strength it would be a wicked 7 game series.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 9:01 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I really hope

by Rocketfuel

You aren't considering Wheaton snd Rigby as back from Injury. These two warriors are playing injured and sacrificing their bodies to help the team. Both of them have yet to go under the knife.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 9:05 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Once again...

by Jamial

Every team in the league has lost "key" players for lengths of time.

Blazers missing 2 "key" players from tonights game and 2/3 of game 1. Lost their captain and several others in November and December after going on a long streak. But the critics then said "they folded like a cheap tent" and "they choked". Nothing about key injuries of course.

Laughable

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 9:49 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

There is a difference between

by Rocketfuel

Losing a couple key guys and 8 key guys. Get your head on straight.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 11:09 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Not quite right...

by LTSF

When Seattle lost Troock and Alos for the season that put a major dent in our line up. Having Honey get tossed for a crap call didn't help either. So to say we had a fully healthy team is a stretch.

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 5:50 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Video of Hit...

by faxpl

Would anybody care to post the video of the controversial hit involving the Kamloops and Kelowna controversy ...

Thanks

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 1:42 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Matt Bellerive suspended TBD

by T.K.O.

TheWHL #WHL Suspension -@Rebelshockey Matt Bellerive, tbd for knee major and g.m. at Calgary on April 5
about 1 hour ago
reply retweet favorite

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 1:42 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

His '99 born Bro Jordy is already better

by NW Giant

So really, who cares.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 4:12 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Colin Smith out for tonight's game

by

Ballie is suspended for his cheap hit.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 12:49 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Colin Smith out for tonight's game

by whlfan

It was a body check, Smith is a weenie

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 1:34 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I don't know KBF. Even after watching the video over and over it

by canesrock

is hard to tell if it is either a late hit and/or an elbow. I don't think it was a late hit, but maybe right on the borderline of being a bit late. Did Baillie's elbow come up before the hit, or during and after the collision as the result of the follow through momentum from the hit. The collision happens so fast it's hard to tell definitively one way or the other. Without further information like the refs take on things, slow motion video etc, I can't say for sure one way or the other.

From what I can see, it is 2 minute roughing penalty and that is about it. The one thing I know for sure is if this happened 4 or 5 years ago, there is nothing but applause for Baillie with that awesome open ice hit. The games changed but I don't think for the better.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 4:05 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Thanks Mods for deleting what needed to be deleted without

by canesrock

just arbitrarily erasing all of the posts.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 5:19 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Thanks Mods for deleting what needed to be deleted without

by canesrock

just arbitrarily erasing all of the posts.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 5:25 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Late Hit..

by Jamial

Was a late hit, whether it was 1 sec or 5 seconds. Hamilton trying to justify the hit by saying "when I played that was a good hockey hit". Different when the shoe is on the other foot. Of course he also said that the hits on the 2 of his players that got injured were "cheap shots".

Rockets were headhunting all night in the first game. Now they have been busted.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 9:55 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Please check your round 2 picks were entered correctly...

by

Rank Player R1 winer 0 winer 0 winer 0 winer 0 R2 Total
1 hoople head 16 Edm 6 Cal 6 Port 6 Kam 5

2 BigCityNights 11 na 0 na 0 na 0 na 0

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 11
3 Rebel66 11 Edm 4 RD 6 Port 5 Kelo 6

4 Rocketfuel 11 Edm 5 Cal 6 Port 6 Kelo 6

5 RWPF 11 Edm 6 Cal 5 Spo 6 Kam 6

6 Some_Arrogant_Jerk 11 Edm 5 Cal 6 Port 6 Kelo 7

7 CHIEFS-COP 10 Edm 5 Cal 7 Port 6 Kam 7

8 JonBoss 10 na 0 na 0 na 0 na 0

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 10
9 master 10 Edm 5 RD 6 Port 6 Kelo 7

10 Pepper Carrot 10 Edm 4 Cal 6 Port 4 Kam 4

11 RebelTiger 10 Edm 6 Cal 7 Port 6 Kam 6

12 STBF 10 Edm 5 Cal 6 Port 6 Kam 5

13 Strank 10 Edm 5 Cal 6 Port 6 Kam 7

14 Zaner 10 Edm 6 RD 6 Port 5 Kelo 7

15 bruinsfan9 9 Edm 5 Cal 7 Port 5 Kelo 7

16 canesrock 9 Edm 5 Cal 7 Port 5 Kam 6

17 Glen 9 Edm 5 Cal 6 Port 6 Kam 5

18 ice_machine 9 Edm 5 Cal 6 Spo 6 Kam 4

19 kw 9 Edm 5 Cal 7 Port 6 Kam 6

20 Blackhawks18 8 Edm 6 Cal 7 Port 5 Kam 5

21 Old Hippy 8 Edm 4 Cal 6 Spo 7 Kam 6

22 owl 8 na 0 na 0 na 0 na 0

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 8
23 Tipped Off 8 Edm 5 Cal 6 Port 5 Kelo 6

24 AMS Rocker 7 na 0 na 0 na 0 na 0

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 7
25 KBF 7 na 0 na 0 na 0 na 0

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 7
26 stmartin11 7 na 0 na 0 na 0 na 0

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 7
27 wardenofthepen 7 Edm 6 Cal 6 Spo 6 Kam 6

28 COOGSUPERFAN 6 Edm 5 Cal 5 Port 6 Kelo 6

29 Tiny 6 Edm 7 RD 6 Port 5 Kelo 6

30 Pazman 5 Edm 4 Cal 6 Port 5 Kam 7

31 b 0 Edm 5 RD 6 Port 5 Kam 6

32 Winterhawks03 0 Edm 6 Cal 6 Port 7 Kam 5

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 10:05 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Actually I had Hitmen in 5..........

by Rebel66

Then went with my homer pick!!!! happy.gif

Mine are unfortunately right.

Thanks for doing this. Good job.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 10:45 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

accurate here

by hoople head

thank you

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 3:25 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Congrats to Mac Carruth

by Blackhawks18

Two more Records in the books last night..

Most WHL Playoff Wins
Most Winterhawks Playoff Shutouts.

Congrats Mac!

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 9:22 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Yet he's still mediocre

by

Nm

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 9:25 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

says alot for kamloops goalie

by Blackhawks18

since He's RaNked Higher.. But Enjoyed Your Post As always

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 9:44 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

How anyone can knock down a goalie...

by HawksFan4Life

that has accomplished more than anyone on their favorite team is beyond me.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 10:14 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Carruth breaks records for 1 reason only

by Rocketfuel

He's not good enough to go to the next level, therefore, stays in the dub until he is grey. # of wins/shutouts means dick **** when you're in the league for 43 years.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 3:26 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

3 1/2 seasons, not 43

by HawksFan4Life

Please tell me what Kelly Guard is up to?

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 3:46 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

LOL Kelly Guard wasn't a good goaltender.

by Rocketfuel

He had Shea Weber and Josh Gorges in front of him. LOL

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 4:40 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Guard...

by RDRebsfan

Guard is suiting up for the Rosetown Red Wings, playing Senior AAA hockey. That team is in the Allan Cup tourney beginning in 1 week.

Go Rebels Go!!!
Follow me on twitter: @PADJJeff

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 5:28 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Not good enough, yeah that's it. Couldn't be

by

the ridiculous abundance of goaltenders at the ECHL/AHL/NHL level.

I'm betting you wouldn't be shitting on Calvin Pickard if he was the one breaking records, and he was in this league until he was "grey;" in fact, Pickard played in 65 more regular season games (that's pretty much an entire season, in case you missed it) in his Career than Carruth.

Don't let the facts get in the way of your hating.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 5:17 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Not good enough, yeah that's it. Couldn't be

by

Didnt pickard start playing as a starter at 16?

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 1:18 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

He was 17 when he started

by

I don't believe he was with Seattle as a 16 (was listed, perhaps even on the roster as a third, but never played).

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 3:03 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Actually, Pickard was a 4-year starter in Seattle beginning at age 16

by STBF

nm

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 4:30 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Counted him as a 20 last season - so you're correct.

by

played from 16 to 19, averaging 60.25 games per regular season; Pickard averaged 1.5 total playoff games per season (5 total in 2009).

For relevance to the above discussion, Carruth started as a 17 and played through his 20 (current) season for an average of 44 regular season games; he's averaged 15.5 playoff games per season (62 total).

Point being: Carruth is hardly some league grandfather, and has in fact played less total time in this league than most 20-year-old netminders and plenty of 19-year-olds to boot. His records come from great team play above all, but he's signed for a reason (if only Chicago had come here for advice first!!!!).

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 6:31 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Just wow

by

Playing as a 20 now equals old? I guess there are a bunch of old men playing in the playoffs right? Old man Fezer is down and old, just too much golden youth around for him. Right...

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 8:25 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

WOW, a positive thread that....

by

turned negative real fast by so few!
lets all take a breath go have a drink or smoke a cig and calm down now.
Then come back when we can agree to not act like a 10 year old not getting what they want.

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 10:36 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Mediocre? I'd like a scoop of that!

by delhens

Mediocre? I get the "he hasn't won the big one" argument, but mediocre? Carruth has some maddening mental lapses that never quite let us relax in our seats, but he has been a very good goalie who has matured a lot since his arrival in PDX. Kudos to him!

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 12:05 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

mediocre?

by kw

thats kbf flapping his yapper. carruth was a top regular season goalie this year in the whl and chevy(fruit loops)goalie was not close. so kbf is obviously worried as he should be but pretends otherwise.

he is always good for either a delete (most of the time by mods ) or a laugh at his misstatements so pay no attention as most do on this board and the 3 posters on his own board who chat happy.gif

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 12:34 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Blazers take 1-0 lead in series

by

4-2

Posted on Apr 6, 2013, 9:25 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Full credit to Kamloops.

by Rocketfuel

Good game by them. A little help from the refs but that's no excuse.

Posted on Apr 6, 2013, 9:39 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

If it makes you feel better

by

Ballie got away with a very questionable hit on Smith.

Posted on Apr 6, 2013, 10:35 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Enjoy it while it lasts

by bruinsfan9

You aren't getting by Portland

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 1:37 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Baillie

by Randy

5 games minumum is what he deserves. But, we all know that Bruce Hamilton makes the decisions. I am sure Bruce will volunteer Baillie for one game for the good of the league, but Robison will have to clean Hamilton's boat and build him a deck or something as payback.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 7:23 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Smith

by stupol

should learn to keep his head up*** If Baillie gets any suspenion it will be a joke. Watched it a few times was a good HOCKEY HIT

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 7:43 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Good hockey hit?

by

You mean when a guy doesn't know or see the guy coming? You really are a moron.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 7:55 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

But when Edmonson blind sided De Champlain and got suspended..

by HawksFan4Life

It was clean, right? Oh, when the tables are turned..

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 10:17 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Difference

by

One is a star the other one is flipping burgers in 2 years.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 10:20 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

That is your reasoning?

by HawksFan4Life

One may be in the NHL and one may not be? Who cares about their future health if they're not going to make it to the pro's? You're a ******* joke.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 10:22 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Thats

by stupol

What I said KEEP YOUR HEAD UP or go play Basketball

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 11:00 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Keep his head up?

by Randy

First of all, I could not possibly care less who wins that series. But that was a gutless hit. Smith was completely vulnerable, defenceless and the hit was random and dangerous. I am all for tough hockey, and probably have disagreed with 90 percent of the suspensions off of incidental hits that result in injury or result in head contact. But that wasn't a hockey hit. That was predatory and completely gutless any way you look at it.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 1:25 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hopefully Baillie made it count.

by Anonymous

Rockets can do without Baillie, the Blazers, I'm not so sure of without Smith.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 3:29 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

How do you figure?

by KBF

Kelowna have almost nobody left. Kamloops still has Ranford, Lipon, Ullly, Kessy, Needham that can all pick up the slack.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 5:03 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

oh I see what you're doing.

by Rocketfuel

Listing the roster. I can do that too. Goulbourne, Severson, Bell, Rigby, Linaker

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 5:46 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Baillie

by Alan

How would the Rockets have done without Baillie in game 7 against Seattle?

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 1:44 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Game, set, match.(nm)

by Pepper Carrot

nm

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 10:07 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Keep his head up?

by

When you make the decision to cut to the middle as a hockey player you know you are heading into traffic, get your head up and expect to be hit. It is Smith's fault for putting himself into this position. It is the same thing as turning backward into the boards when you see a check coming. If a player passes on that hit, he more that likely hears it from the coach. Hockey is a contact sport, don't put yourself into a awkward or vulnerably spot. That being said I hope Smith returns quickly.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 4:00 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

LOL

by KBF

Congratulations you just proved you know jack **** all about hockey. The puck was gone away from his stick by the time Ballie targeted him. And trust me watching the video it WAS targeted.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 5:05 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: LOL

by Anonymous

So what you are saying is Baillie should not be targeting the puck carrier? You just proved you have never played hockey, one of the objects of hockey is to try and take the puck away from the other team or "target" the puck carrier. What I was saying is any hockey player should knows to keep your head up in that area of the ice. Watch the video and he hits him about 1 second after he shoots.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 8:13 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Emelin needs to stay away from Vancouver Giants!!

by T.K.O.

Twice in 2 games...

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/117233

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_emvYcMaR6A

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 6, 2013, 5:19 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Northwest Giants beat Red Deer 4-3 ~ game 2 in best of 3 tonight.....

by T.K.O.

Webcast will be on BCMML website

BCHockey_MML Game 2 of Pacific Midget Regionals goes tonight at 7:45 at BWC. @NWGiants lead 1-0 in best of 3 series. Webcast will be on BCMML website
5 hours ago reply retweet favorite

Moose Jaw's last 2011 pick Brandon Del Grosso scores the winner in game 1

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 6, 2013, 3:58 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Red Deer Pessimists rally, to slay the Giants, winning game #2 , 4-3

by T.K.O.

and another win today

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 4:58 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Round 1 Computer Scores - Full details - Onr score adjusted...

by

x]SH@Whg#YLx°3CT ՖreFCȯ_Y,Y ,q|1!WGWm{| u M Alޤ|_Y9.k6~r.>v]㱞hfs7^>4l O&JP'JQ-);>^tB%}EH/sNg.E~nu Sl;.]܋Iܵ=Gجpn%:E] u2< -0U5@Et`fmZ3&r]DW.odW%Nr!6Bx5!R])H9UdpWnݵGAF*16) ˨B}]؅Jh?Oˌsk-L42݇O2/Uvkw2555]| U_^&~_??kkZ{z^SS^lS5L#05u45=L JN?ßSzOp†s]Lota4JLռ9p\ S5u~ S5\ z*Y{}&?utPH.aH%:#m6 iac4 ҆iC?e?u6'|#k귻>oZa#4dM-kz޴pd 2?!~ß55s@nMlcj X ޲SpWaZSSAOt?ﴩٓ[-T^A܈&OD ۟q:5QЧOA>5sCi]} YbPμ2[k52]Zcajj aaAO4?Eazx=񕉘O58kA k(5O4Lא.kڂ;WGh4 xհ Aj4xd< ?{]"SS a?`j\јL 2'?DS#e/#5D #5԰!j5 eO?Og3Qjoݘ$dOpEg)[/_p*% Ԓ' X;n_.͝2c P m??ſjP%:l8o6|:>v.ׇ?F?s X'h>[۩zh>hC.4#}\h2CfA?O?ßE {& L}l`32ԇc b Ρ.Gn ?ßW`^jɇ`N$'ɇp |,B܉CdE?#}??#{@nwp>S\!;x>tOsV\<4!lHۇ[D?'~'~gZrx❘4CcaGՇC1d[>\^\.??葉-س1" xe:a|,w'G.Xn'|r+zM>\>d>did_ ꑾGف ?#^Vy(͆wG3^uRԕu nesn%14lƕi4xdd'~'~**Bc*Y>Qhc :T&TM&AK,ixfR̆nkO+ rn>Z:vAnb-*Iu fyyH}P;fnNbCkF$q;h&p_ncY|G~7O&Wbų?W~򈫨G6L'Ejl?I)~

Posted on Apr 5, 2013, 10:17 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Attempt 2 Comp Scores Round 1

by

Rank Player Edm 5 MH 4 Cal 5 RD 4 Port 6 Kelo 7 Kam 6 Spo 5 Total
1 hoople head Edm 5 MH 4 Cal 5 RD 6 Port 4 Kelo 6 Kam 6 Spo 7

1 2 1 2 1 2 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 2 1 0 16
2 BigCityNights Edm 4 Sas 5 Cal 5 RD 7 Port 4 Kelo 5 Kam 6 Spo 7

1 0 0 0 1 2 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 2 1 0 11
3 Rebel66 Edm 5 Sas 6 Cal 6 RD 6 Port 4 Kelo 4 Kam 6 Spo 6

1 2 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 2 1 0 11
4 Rocketfuel Edm 5 MH 6 Cal 5 PA 6 Port 4 Kelo 5 Kam 5 Spo 7

1 2 1 0 1 2 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 11
5 RWPF Edm 5 Sas 5 Cal 4 RD 6 Port 4 Kelo 4 Kam 4 Spo 5

1 2 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 2 11
6 Some_Arrogant_Jerk Edm 5 Sas 7 Cal 5 RD 6 Port 4 Kelo 4 Kam 5 Spo 6

1 2 0 0 1 2 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 11
7 CHIEFS-COP Edm 6 Sas 6 Cal 5 PA 6 Port 5 Kelo 6 Kam 6 Spo 6

1 0 0 0 1 2 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 2 1 0 10
8 JonBoss Edm 5 Sas 5 Cal 6 RD 6 Port 4 Kelo 5 Kam 6 Tri 7

1 2 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 2 0 0 10
9 master Edm 5 Sas 5 SC 6 RD 6 Port 5 Kelo 4 Kam 6 Spo 7

1 2 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 2 1 0 10
10 Pepper Carrot Edm 5 Sas 4 Cal 7 PA 5 Port 4 Kelo 4 Kam 5 Spo 5

1 2 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 2 10
11 RebelTiger Edm 5 Sas 5 SC 6 RD 7 Port 4 Kelo 5 Kam 6 Spo 7

1 2 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 2 1 0 10
12 STBF Edm 5 Sas 5 Cal 6 PA 6 Port 5 Kelo 5 Kam 5 Spo 5

1 2 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 2 10
13 Strank Edm 5 Sas 5 Cal 5 PA 7 Port 4 Kelo 4 Kam 5 Spo 6

1 2 0 0 1 2 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 10
14 Zaner Edm 5 Sas 6 Cal 6 PA 7 Port 5 Kelo 5 Kam 6 Spo 6

1 2 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 2 1 0 10
14 bruinsfan9 Edm 5 Sas 5 Cal 6 RD 7 Port 5 Kelo 6 Kam 7 Spo 7

1 2 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 9
16 canesrock Edm 5 Sas 5 Cal 6 RD 5 Port 4 Kelo 4 Kam 5 Spo 7

1 2 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 9
17 Glen Edm 5 Sas 6 Cal 5 PA 6 Port 5 Kelo 6 Kam 5 Tri 6

1 2 0 0 1 2 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 9
18 ice_machine Edm 4 Sas 4 Cal 6 RD 5 Port 4 Kelo 4 Kam 4 Spo 5

1 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 2 9
19 kw Edm 6 Sas 5 Cal 5 RD 5 Port 4 Kelo 4 Kam 5 Spo 7

1 0 0 0 1 2 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 9
20 Blackhawks18 Edm 5 Sas 6 Cal 5 RD 6 Port 4 Sea 6 Vic 5 Tri 5

1 2 0 0 1 2 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 8
21 Old Hippy Edm 5 Sas 5 Cal 6 RD 6 Port 4 Kelo 4 Kam 5 Tri 8

1 2 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 8
22 owl Edm 4 Sas 5 Cal 5 PA 6 Port 4 Kelo 4 Kam 5 Spo 7

1 0 0 0 1 2 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 8
23 Tipped Off Edm 5 Sas 5 Cal 6 RD 6 Port 4 Kelo 5 Kam 5 Tri 6

1 2 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 8
24 AMS Rocker Edm 5 Sas 5 Cal 6 PA 7 Port 4 Kelo 5 Kam 5 Tri 7

1 2 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 7
25 KBF Edm 6 Sas 5 Cal 6 RD 7 Port 4 Kelo 4 Kam 5 Spo 7

1 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 7
26 stmartin11 Edm 6 MH 7 Cal 6 RD 6 Port 4 Kelo 5 Kam 5 Tri 7

1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 7
27 wardenofthepen Koot 6 MH 6 SC 6 RD 6 Port 4 Kelo 5 Kam 6 Tri 7

0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 2 0 0 7
28 COOGSUPERFAN Koot 6 Sas 5 Cal 6 PA 5 Port n/a Kelo 5 Kam 6 Tri 6

0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 2 0 0 6
29 Tiny Edm 6 Sas 6 SC 6 RD 5 Port 5 Kelo 5 Kam 5 Spo 6

1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 6
30 Pazman Edm 6 Sas 4 SC 7 PA 6 Port 4 Kelo 5 Kam 5 Spo 6

1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 5

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 5, 2013, 10:32 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Much Better! - nm

by

nm

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 5, 2013, 10:33 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Kelowna vs Kamloops on Shaw

by Tinpusher

Finally it has been announced that Shaw will be broadcasting the Kelowna/Kamloops series as expected.
http://whl.ca/article/2013-whl-playoffs-live-on-shaw-round-two

Posted on Apr 5, 2013, 10:03 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Boring

by bruinsfan9

Who wants to watch Kelowna own the Blowzers.

Posted on Apr 5, 2013, 10:36 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Well better option than

by KBF

Watching the Chickenhawks cheat against Spokane.

Posted on Apr 5, 2013, 10:44 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Only 8 minutes

by bruinsfan9

for a response from KBF. I was going to give it at least 10 minutes.

Posted on Apr 5, 2013, 10:52 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

And it only took you 8 minutes

by

hahaha

Posted on Apr 5, 2013, 11:52 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I'm not being cocky

by Blackhawks18

I Just Don't See Kamloops As A Threat, THe Only Real Threat I See Is Edmonton.. Sorry

Posted on Apr 6, 2013, 7:15 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

But it doesn't matter what you view as a threat

by KBF

If the Hawks take them with the attitude you have they'll get worked. Look what happened with Everett. So clueless you are.

Posted on Apr 6, 2013, 12:31 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Ok Yoda

by Blackhawks18

Luckily that is just me... as a fan, following teams and seeing Kamloops play more than Edmonton...and noticing how well Edmonton is playing right now even compared to Portland... they worry me... Kamloops doesn't... oh well.

Posted on Apr 6, 2013, 1:46 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Yeah, Who wants to watch straight up hockey anymore?

by brawler

Certainly nobody from *Portland.

Posted on Apr 5, 2013, 5:29 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

This day in hockey history

by Roger

Interesting read on a little of the Stanley Cup history

Happy Travels All

Posted on Apr 5, 2013, 6:23 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

DOH ME Link here

by Roger

http://westenddumplings.blogspot.ca/2009/11/1919-stanley-cup-off-and-death-of-joe.html

Happy Travels All

Posted on Apr 5, 2013, 6:26 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Round 1 scores! - Hoople Head leads by 5...

by

Player Pts
hoople head 16
RWPF 11
Some_Arrogant_Jerk 11
BigCityNights 11
Rocketfuel 11
Rebel66 11
Strank 10
RebelTiger 10
CHIEFS-COP 10
Pepper Carrot 10
master 10
JonBoss 10
Zaner 10
STBF 10
Glen 9
ice_machine 9
bruinsfan9 9
canesrock 9
kw 9
owl 8
Old Hippy 8
AMS Rocker 8
Blackhawks18 8
Tipped Off 8
KBF 7
wardenofthepen 7
stmartin11 7
COOGSUPERFAN 6
Tiny 6
Pazman 5

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 11:58 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Correction - Zaner 9 pts - more accurate scores on the way - nm

by

nm

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 5, 2013, 7:18 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I am slowly setting up computer scoring for accuracy... (Zaner corection withdrawn)

by

Zaner does have 10 pts - computer scoring had typo.
Corrected now.

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 5, 2013, 7:44 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Good on ya Hoop. That "lucky" shot in the Dark; Hat in 4 was very prescient..nm

by canesrock

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 3:36 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

this is why

by eastfan

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/Video+Blades+drop+another+playoff+game/8149158/story.html#ooid=MzaTVnYTqtfPUZRX8VXm00JBPVYvUf9r

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 8:36 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

this should be below the practice post .

by eastfan

laughing and hit the wrong key lol

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 8:38 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Astles really did get suspended for hitting too hard.

by Pepper Carrot

Not saying it would've made a difference, i just wanna clear that up before a couple people on here go mental.

But seriously, it really does hurt ya to have a name in this league. Between Astles and Ferland, i have seen some of the worst suspension calls ive ever seen in my life.

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 9:24 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Oh is that what the officials called it?

by KBF

You said "he really did get called for hitting too hard" yet that's not what the website is. And if either one weren't Blades would you really give a crap what kind of reputation they had?

Posted on Apr 5, 2013, 8:59 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Nope, thats not what i said, try again.

by Pepper Carrot

I guess not everyone is a master at the copy and paste. I said he got suspended for hitting too hard. Infact, he actually wasnt "called" for anything during the play, the refs actually got it right. The website says "supplemental discipline" Lol, which means they aren't even sure what they're suspending him for...(hitting too hard)

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 6, 2013, 10:23 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I'm not saying that the suspension was warranted

by hoople head

That being said give your head a shake. The official WHL reason for the suspension is 'supplemental discipline' and thus you decide to write in your own reason for the suspension in there and then get pissy if anyone decides to say otherwise.

Also get down from the cross. Nichols could have easily been suspended (and he would have been if he hadn't decided to throw that two hander at the biggest crybaby in the league). One of the most useless plugs in your lineup gets a suspension for 'supplemental discipline'. Obviously the one more than cancels out the other from a blade perspective.

If anyone should be pissed it should be the tigers. If it was any other player in the league that got two handed nichols would have been gone for three games. Not that I, or anyone from the tigers really minded, it's way more satisfying to put the boots to saskatoon with their best players in the lineup.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 6, 2013, 3:17 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

REALLY does make up crap

by Your_step_Mom

As others have pointed out this poster makes up crap and makes excuses.
There is zero fact to back up note the cut and paste Astles really did get suspended for hitting too hard. The fact is a master of making up crap. Sure sounds like his two bobble head brothers. There is a select 4 Blade Fans that vanish all the Blades fans on this board.
The really part is elmer fudd look alike really made up the excuse.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 9:16 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

So where did you you get this information from?

by Really

What site? The WHL?

Posted on Apr 6, 2013, 2:23 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Yes, WHL.ca(nm)

by Pepper Carrot

nm

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 6:56 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Check your fact where does it say that?

by Really

Two games under supplemental discipline versus Medicine Hat on March 21

Is this a case of someone lying?

Produce the facts to back up your claim !

If you can not then your just a bald lair. Another looney toon.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 1:23 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Yes, supplemental discipline

by Pepper Carrot

And the hit in question was a very hard but clean hit. 2 games for hitting the Tiger player too hard. You dont believe me? Ask Ron Robinson.

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 13, 2013, 10:03 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Evender Kane to be suspended?

by T.K.O.

just ripped Emelin's helmet off during a scrap, and narrowly missed clubbing him in the head with it.

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 6:57 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Kane

by Just wondering

Do you think he will ever fight anyone really tough or just keep spot picking his entire career?

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 7:22 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Kane KO'd Cooke, and did the entire league a favor for life, if he never fights again

by T.K.O.

anyways..here it is..

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/117233

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 8:19 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Seen it before

by Protag

T.C. Cratsenberg got suspended for doing that to Tyler Schmidt a couple years back.

Posted on Apr 5, 2013, 11:36 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

use your eyes

by Randy

He is clearly getting rid of it, not trying to hit the guy with it. He rips it off, throws it on an angle away from his opponent straight at the ice.

Posted on Apr 6, 2013, 1:24 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Glad that's the way it is seen Randy....

by T.K.O.

When I said "narrowly" missed clubbing him, I didn't say it was intentional, but with Shanahan giving guys suspensions for breathing these days, who knows? Obviously, it was decided to be a non issue.

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 6, 2013, 4:17 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Red Deer/Calgary on Sportsnet tomorrow..but it says game #1....the hell?

by T.K.O.

can only mean the full Kamloops/Kelowna series is on Shaw...

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 6:04 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Ya got me. What channel is showing what series seems to be up in the air.

by canesrock

Unless I missed something, no WHL hockey is shown on my channel surfing. What series is Shaw showing?

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 6:21 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Kamloops/Kelowna series

by Darin

starting at 8 PM PST and it should be your local shaw channel or 304 if on HD.

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 6:28 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Okay Darin...just posted,and then read yours...

by T.K.O.

nm

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 6:36 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Well...oddly canesrock, Shaw shows 5-10 pm TBA teams on HD 304

by T.K.O.

Does it say 5-10 pm, because it could be 6 or 7-10? (no one starts at 5pm Fridays BC time)

Only thing clear is RedDeer/Cargary tomorrow on Sportsnet

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 6:34 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Okay....just found this~ Shaw says WHL/TBA tomorrow on HD304, but the series starts Sat...

by T.K.O.

http://www.whl.ca/whl-tv-broadcast-schedules

also doesn't say HD 304,which last night's game wasn't either..

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 6:43 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Check out my new twitter handle

by Lorne Molleken

@MollekenParody

Happy offseason haters!

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 3:09 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Lord knows you have plenty of time to tweet this time of year

by brawler

happy.gif

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 5:28 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Brawler, usually your jokes suck

by Pepper Carrot

But i enjoyed that one! (Congratulations universe, you win)

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 5:57 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

and twitter is super gay

by Some_Arrogant_Jerk

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 7:14 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

As is calling something super gay

by HOMER

Posted on Apr 5, 2013, 1:42 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

If I was gay, I'd be super gay

by ihm

Just saying.

Posted on Apr 5, 2013, 8:18 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

LMAO

by HOMER

great to see ya. Hope you and the mr. are doing well.

I'd be supper whatever... wink.gif

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 9:42 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

What do the Blades do for the next month or so?

by Redwic

After being swept 4-0 by Medicine Hat to end the Memorial Cup host's playoff run, what do the Saskatoon Blades do for the next month or so before the tournament?

Do the players go back to their regular homes, recharge, and then come back in a few weeks for everyday practice?

Do the players stay put and practice every day?
------------

I'm just curious, as their swift departure from the playoffs was not expected of a MC host team. (Although many of us predicted as much, earlier during the season before they finally started playing better.)

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 10:24 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: What do the Blades do for the next month or so?

by Pepper Carrot

Give them a week off. Upon return you work their asses off in practice. 1 week before the Memorial Cup you return to lighter practices and going over video.

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 10:47 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

actually it has already been reported

by Darin

that the school kids were off for 2 weeks and then the remainder team got off 3 weeks. When all returned they go back to pre-camp training mode. And maybe try to find some teams willing to have some exhibition games - cant see any University teams being available, so maybe some local midget team would give it a shot.

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 10:59 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Series

by Alan

Play a best of seven. If the midget team wins, THEY get to be the host team in the Memorial Cup.

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 11:51 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I'll admit

by jsc

I laughed.

Then I thought about it...

Sounds like a great idea

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 12:16 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: What do the Blades do for the next month or so?

by ManFromCouv

You forgot waving the white flag.

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 2:33 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Your forgot

by bladelover

They need to find a new coach as well before the Memorial Cup

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 3:08 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

They put their F@#@ing Workboots, and Hardhats on, and get hellbent for leather!!

by T.K.O.

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 3:22 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

A week off?

by brawler

They already took a week off. Just ask M.H.

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 5:29 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

2 for 2 on the night

by Pepper Carrot

Maybe i'm in a good mode, maybe you got funnier. But i'm enjoying it.

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 5:58 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hehe....Good one Brawler...nm

by canesrock

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 9:20 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

congrats

by rocker

to the rockets,and also great series for the t-birds.Unbelievable effort by both teams,the rockets for coming back from down 3-0 and the t-birds for bringing it all.Now another good series between the rockets and the blazers,gotta love it. good luck to both teams.Spoke and Portland should be interesting also,good luck to both of those teams.

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 10:44 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Amazing job Rockets

by KBF

Unreal

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 11:55 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

REALLY..beating a team 30 points lower .I guess it is AMAZING..

by T.K.O.

LOL

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 12:26 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Really?

by Rocketfuel

You're not even going to acknowledge the feat of coming back from down 0-3?

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 12:33 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

NO...WHY were they coming back?...

by T.K.O.

They BLEW IT, and were lucky to win

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqPRwq3QJsk

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 12:44 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Lucky to be good, good to be lucky....

by Rocketfuel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A732Cuuo2tI

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 1:45 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

congratulating the rockets

by hoople head

who finished with 108 points for beating the birds, who finished with a staggering 58 points is like praising your puppy for not crapping on the floor.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 12:20 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Talk about anything and everything...

by bcdfan

gawd it must be boring for you. You have been idle longer then Saskatoon.

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 4:26 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Really..

by IceBirder

Just to clarify, the difference in the standings between the Rockets and T-birds was 50 points, not 30 (108-58).

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 12:18 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

It was a great series.

by Redwic

Unfortunately, it also puts the Thunderbirds on the wrong side of history because they are only the second WHL team to ever lose a 3-0 series lead.

But make no mistake about it, the Thunderbirds played tough and the Rockets never quit:

SIX games decided by one goal. The only game decided by more than one goal was a 4-0 Rockets win in a "must win" Game 4.

FIVE games decided in OT. This includes the last two games.

What a great series to watch, but a gutwrenching loss for the Thunderbirds.
------------

SIDE-NOTE: The Spokane Chiefs were the first team to ever come back from an 0-3 deficit to win a seven-game WHL playoff series, defeating the Portland Winterhawks in 1996.

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 9:01 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

yes congrats

by kw

seattle played well and deserve credit here. yes kelowna had multiple key injuries but still well done t-birds although that is painful to say as a hawk fan.

but in the same token what a comeback by kelowna to be down 3 games to 0 and comeback. nicely done.

both teams deserve a clapp here for a series well played.

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 4:12 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

@Seattle Fans

by Rocketfuel

You guys have one HELL of a team for the next few years. Glover is an outstanding goaltender.

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 10:34 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

glover

by rocker

is a twenty=not back, but great effort ,he was unbelievable throughout the whole series.Seattle is back and great to see that,they deserve a lot of credit.

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 10:46 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: glover

by Randy

Dont count on the birds being back. If anyone can screw up this momentum it is farwell .

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 4:19 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

One of the oldest teams in the league...

by Puget Man

They were built for a run this year. Could be a long year next year.

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 10:40 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Who stays, who goes

by Tipped Off

Three O/A are obviously gone: Glover, Lockhart, Kambeitz

Can only keep three O/A next season, so at least two of these are out: Alos, Elliot, Swenson, Sanvido, Forsberg

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 10:50 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

What are you smoking?

by Pass-shoot=score

Explain please? How many of there D men where 18 or older?

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 11:29 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

There are no D-men on the T-birds who HAVE to leave

by Tipped Off

Forsberg is the only D-man who will be an O/A next season...so if he doesn't move up to the pro ranks (AHL, Etc...) all the Tbirds D-men could be back.

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 11:52 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: There are no D-men on the T-birds who HAVE to leave

by Pass-shoot=score

That is exactly my point. That's why I am asking "Puget Man" why he feels the birds where built for this year when all signs point to being in the middle of a rebuild.

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 12:26 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

RE: There are...

by IceBirder

Uh, Alos retired back in December. My guess is the only 2 current 19s back next season as 20s are Forsberg and Swenson. The T-birds were actually a very young team this season, not old. But they will need to replace Glover and my guess is they trade for a 20 yr old goalie because their oldest returning goalie is just 17 with not much WHL experience. 7 of their top 9 scorers will be back next year (6 of whom will be only 19 yr olds)and as someone mentioned, their entire defense is back as well and all but two will be 18 yrs old or younger. If they are built for anything, it is a run the next 2-3 years. They had 3 top 25 picks last spring, Barzal, Kolesar and Bear. If Barzal committs, all three will be with the team next year. They have 3 of the top 27 picks in next months bantam draft as well, picks 8,22 and 27. Still holding out hope Gropp will report too, although it is probably a long shot. They are young and getting younger, not old.

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 12:34 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I was just going off their roster on website

by Tipped Off

I knew Alos was "retired", but he technically is still listed on their roster.

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 12:44 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

congrats seattle.........................

by shushu

on taking the rockets to a game 7. PG an the canes are proud of our bottom dwelling brother........

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 10:23 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Thanx mods for deleting ANYTHING by Steven....its appreciated!nm

by Puffy

Nm

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 9:54 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Rockets advance Rebels Hitmen tomorrow, Round two picks in NOW please. nm

by

nm

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 9:50 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Mine....

by

Edm vs MH
Edm in 6

Cal vs RD
Cal in 7

Port vs Spok
Port in 6

Kelo vs Kam
kam in 6

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 9:53 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I will have the first round results within 48 hours - nm

by

nm

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 9:54 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Reminder - Points double for round 2 - Winner = 2 pts - exact games = 4 bonus pts - nm

by

nm

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 10:13 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

picks

by hoople head

Edm vs MH
Edm in 6

Cal vs RD
Cal in 6

Port vs Spok
Port in 6

Kelo vs Kam
kam in 5

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 10:00 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

rd two pics

by wardenofthepen

Edm vs MH
Edm in 6

Cal vs RD
Cal in 6

Port vs Spok
spok in 6

Kelo vs Kam
kam in 6

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 10:04 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

YEEEEEEP

by Rocketfuel

Edm vs MH
Edm in 5

Cal vs RD
Cal in 6

Port vs Spok
Port in 6

Kelo vs Kam
Kel in 6

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 10:21 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Mine....

by Some_Arrogant_Jerk

Edm vs MH
Edm in 5

Cal vs RD
Cal in 6

Port vs Spok
Port in 6

Kel vs Kam
Kel in 7

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 11:05 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

My Picks

by Strank

Edmonton over MH in 5

Calgary over RD in 6

Portland over Spokane in 6

Kamloops over Kelowna in 7

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 10:09 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

mypicks

by b

Edmonton In 5
RedDeer In 6
Kamloops IN 6
Portland In 5

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 10:25 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Mine

by Rocketfuel

Edm vs MH
Edm in 5

Cal vs RD
Cal in 6

Port vs Spok
Port in 6

Kelo vs Kam
Kel in 6

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 10:33 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

picks

by Pazman

by pazman
Edm vs MH
Edmonton 4

Cal vs RD
Calgary 6

Port vs Spok
Portland 5

Kelo vs Kam
Kamloops 7

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 10:36 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

My picks

by Rebel66

Oil Kings in 4
Rebels in 6 (homer pick)
WHawks in 5
Rockets in 6

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 1:08 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

my picks

by kw

Oil Kings in 5
Calgary in 7
WHawks in 6
kamloops in 6 (i hope i am wrong here) happy.gif

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 4:49 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Picks

by master

Edm in 5

Red Deer in 6

Portland in 6

Kelowna in 7

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 5:39 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

mine

by tinyca

Edm vs MH
Edm in 7

Cal vs RD
RD in 6

Port vs Spok
Port in 5

Kelo vs Kam
Kel in 6

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 5:52 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Mine

by Old Hippy

Edmonton In 4
Calgary In 6
Kamloops In 6
Spokane In 7

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 7:10 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Playoff Prognostication

by ice_machine

Oil Kings in 5
Hitmen in 6
Blazers in 4 (Kelowna injuries)
Chiefs in 6 (need an upset to get some points back)

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 7:37 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

My Picks

by Blackhawks18

Edmonton in 6
Calgary in 7
Kamloops in 5
Portland in 5

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 8:13 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Picks Round 2

by Zaner

Edm vs MH
Edm in 6

Cal vs RD
RD in 6

Por vs Spo
Por in 5

Kel vs Kam
Kel in 7

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 8:27 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Picks

by Tipped Off

Edm vs MH
Edm in 5

Cal vs RD
Cal in 6

Port vs Spok
Port in 5

Kelo vs Kam
Kel in 6

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 9:33 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Picks

by bruinsfan9

Edmonton in 5
Calgary in 7
Portland in 5
Kelowna in 7

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 10:28 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Mine...........

by CHIEFS-COP

Edmonton in 5

Calgary in 7

PDX in 6

Kamloops in 7

[linked image]

CHIEFS-COP

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 10:50 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

PICKS...

by COOGSUPERFAN

Kings over Tigers in 5
Calgary over the Rebels in 5
Winterhawks over Chiefs in 5
Rockets over Blazers in 6

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 12:48 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Picks

by Pepper Carrot

Oil Kings in 4
Hitmen in 6
Winterhawks in 4
Blazers in 4

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 3:12 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Picks

by canesrock

Edm vs MH
Edm in 5

Cal vs RD
Cal in 7

Port vs Spok
Port in 5

Kelo vs Kam
Kam in 6

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 3:15 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Picks

by Winterhawks03

Edm vs MH
Edm in 6

Cal vs RD
Cal in 6

Port vs Spok
Port in 7

Kelo vs Kam
Kam in 5

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 3:42 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

by bruinsfan9

Hawks in 7? I'm surprised.

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 4:15 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Yup!

by

Despite taking 7 of the 9 regular season meetings, Spokane is always a playoff team that will get down and dirty until the final game.

I wouldn't say I'm particularly worried about them, but it should be another great match-up as has been the past 2 seasons.

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 8:32 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

my picks

by RWPF

Edm vs MH
Edm in 6

Cal vs RD
Cal in 5

Port vs Spok
Spok in 6

Kelo vs Kam
kam in 6

Posted on Apr 4, 2013, 4:41 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Picks

by STBF

Edm vs MH
Edm in 5

Cal vs RD
Cal in 6

Port vs Spok
Port in 5

Kelo vs Kam
Kam in 6

Posted on Apr 5, 2013, 4:47 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Mine

by Glen

Edm vs MH
Edm in 5

Cal vs RD
Cal in 6

Port vs Spok
Port in 6

Kelo vs Kam
kam in 5

Posted on Apr 6, 2013, 2:58 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Huge power play to start 3rd for Seattle

by Tipped Off

Tied 1-1...seattle is something like 0 for 23 or 24 on the power play in the series. They'll have almost 4 minutes of power play time to start the third after a double minor to end the second.

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 8:31 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

go seattle go.....................

by shushu

nm..

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 9:08 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Seattle Ties it at 2 with less than 30 to go!

by Tipped Off

pulled the goalie and swarmed the net.

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 9:23 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

7.6 seconds left. Unreal. nm

by

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 9:24 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Go birds go

by

------------

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 9:32 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Baillie with the Hat trick for the game winner

by Tipped Off

What a game for Baillie.

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 9:49 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Wade Redden a Bruin for SEVENTH Rounder....great depth move ~ hope he wins a Cup....

by T.K.O.

no such message

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 2:51 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

WEDNESDAY NIGHT WHL PLAYOFF HOCKEY on SHAW

by T.K.O.

2013-04-03

ROCKETS HOST THUNDERBIRDS FORM GAME SEVEN LIVE ON SHAW Myles Bell and the Kelowna Rockets take on Shea Theodore and the Seattle Thunderbirds for Game 7 of their Kal Tire WHL Western Conference quarter final series in the lone WHL playoff contest on Wednesday night.

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 1:38 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Final comments on the Medicine Hat series..

by Bobby Knight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1ihZ5xJSNw

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 4:18 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Game 7 for the T-Birds and Rockets

by AMS Rocker

Oh my!

Rock On AMS!

Posted on Apr 2, 2013, 10:02 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Game 7 for the T-Birds and Rockets

by MARSH25

GAME 7 TO BE TELEVISED ON SHAW.

Posted on Apr 2, 2013, 10:03 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

"The Bell has never rung harder then it did tonight"

by bcdfan

quote Regan. What a game!!

Posted on Apr 2, 2013, 10:06 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Most obnoxious goal call ever

by

Man unlistenable

Posted on Apr 6, 2013, 12:40 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I'm guessing Calgary/Red Deer is the Shaw series, as Snet has a 7pm slot after Baseball..

by T.K.O.

Friday, meaning that would be Medicine Hat/Edmonton,the night their series starts.

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 2, 2013, 5:44 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

time for tiger fans to eat some crow

by hoople head

I like many here were highly critical of Clouston before the playoffs started. He was running the first line to death, the team D/D coverage was non-existent. And he seemed to be putting very little emphasis on development.

Well the playoffs come along and the team starts playing what is beyond a doubt the best hockey of the season. Everyone is chipping in and most are playing the best hockey of their careers.

It's certainly time to admit now that the tigers have pulled off one of the bigger upsets in the last few years that clouston is in fact a pretty good coach. His teams have either met or vastly exceeded expectations in the playoffs. Not even willy can say that as he had a few dud playoff runs.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 2, 2013, 10:16 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

No, it's time for you to eat some crow

by Observer

You were the only Tiger fan that I read on here whining about Clouston being a bad coach and playing the first line to death. So don't paint all of us with the same brush.

Posted on Apr 2, 2013, 5:37 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Actually I only said that after they got beat by Calgary

by

There were plenty of tiger fans saying that all year. But any excuse to throw insults at me rather than talking hockey right super scout?

------------

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 2, 2013, 5:46 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

clouston

by GoCanada

Many people in med hat do not like clouston and it is for reasons that go far beyond hockey. His teams have beaten the worst playoffcoach in history twice. Watching clouston beat molleken was great, but it was like watching someone win a belch contest. Someone wins, but neither winner gets an ounce more respect than what they went in with.

Clouston mishandled his youth this year, overplayed his stars and has been, as reported on this board, a hockey dad with much to be desired.

When edmonton steamrolls the tigers, which they unfortuately will, he will go back to being the village fool like he was 10 days ago in the eyes of many.

If he wins that series, he will still be hard to stomach for most people.

Posted on Apr 2, 2013, 9:34 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Just wondering...

by longtimefan

you say he mishandled his youth, please explain how so.

Posted on Apr 2, 2013, 9:49 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Dieno

by hoople head

http://www.whl.ca/roster/show/id/875

Having 11 points for the tigers last season and 59 for the rebels this one.

I'm not saying it's a correct theory, just that's one of the ones floating around.

Also supposedly clouston despite being married (I think) lays alot of pipe around medicine hat. Again only what I've heard.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 12:39 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Grab a brain Hoople

by Observer

So I guess Clouston mishandled Valk too. He got way less points last year, must be Clouston's fault. You make zero sense on this one my friend. Did you ever think Deino was a year older this year? Played with way better line mates? Got more ice time? Got to play a lot on the powerplay? Realized he was reaching the end of the line if he didn't start to play harder.....? Do I need to go on?? For someone who pretends to know a lot about hockey that was a pretty dumb statement.

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 9:24 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

re: I'm not saying it's a correct theory, just that's one of the ones floating around.

by hoople head

I already said I don't think it's accurate, it's just what's been said.

Also I never claim to know more about hockey than anyone here.

And we are not, nor would we ever be friends.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 9:31 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Feeling is mutual pal

by Observer

I have lots of friends.

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 11:25 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Feeling is mutual pal

by Bobby Knight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRVhtVCfzo8

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 12:53 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Sometimes a player needs a change of scenery for different reasons...

by Puffy

Not enuf ice time....no time on special teams....injurys or simply doesnt fit in with a certain team. Kale Kessy is a great example of a kid who had potential but took WAY to much time figuring out he had to change his game. Things FINALLY worked out in Kamloops and good for both him and The Blazers. Dieno wasnt much more than a bit player in MH and its nice to see that things have worked out for him also.

Everyones entitled to their own opinion......however this Steven guy brings nothin to the table except havin all the posts erased.

Good day

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 10:17 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Exactly Puffy

by Observer

Also, Deino was a small forward and the Tigers just had too many of them, someone had to go and they went with Butcher, Sanford, Labelle and Valk. I think it worked out good for Deino and the Tigers.

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 11:23 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

a few things

by hoople head

1. I doubt that scotty bowman could coach the tigers to a seven game victory over the oil kings this year.

2. If the tigers had squeaked out a 7 game victory against the blades I'd be agreeing with you, but they completely steam rolled them. Clouston not only devised the perfect systems to stop the blades but he got all the players to buy into it. A lot of those kids are playing the very best hockey of their lives.

3. I think he has alot to improve upon over a 72 game schedule but IMHO he could be a better playoff coach than willy ever was. Willy always gave the up and comers the chance to both fail and succeed, clouston perhaps is just too intense through the regular season. Rolling four lines in the regular season and allowing those kids to fail the same way willy did is probably all he needs to learn...

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 3, 2013, 12:50 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

HELLO MODS. Why and the h@ll did you delete TKO and

by canesrock

my conversation about power forwards. That was the most innocuous and non confrontational back and forth chit chat that ever takes place on here. Like I said last week, I am starting to think that the more intelligent a post is, the more frightened you guys are of it.

DUDES, I know your job may not be fun, but if you delete the stuff you just did, then you need to give up the job of Moderator.

Posted on Apr 1, 2013, 10:25 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Umm

by Pepper Carrot

Prolly because of me. I asked a question that may not have been too appropriate.

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 1, 2013, 10:36 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

No Pep....was gone beore that, but yes...very inappropriate...

by T.K.O.

like Rihanna shopping at Walmart..

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 1, 2013, 10:39 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hell of a series, Tips...

by knightblade

That was great to watch. Next year should be even better. Can't wait!

Posted on Apr 1, 2013, 9:27 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

My guess is Portland and Kamloops both end their series tonight.

by canesrock

Winterhawks win it easily and Kamloops squeaks on out. Just my guess.

Posted on Apr 1, 2013, 7:11 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Or both win big

by KBF

Kessy with his 7th goal of the series. What an addition.

Posted on Apr 1, 2013, 9:06 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

The Blazers picking up Kessy has turned out to be a way better move than

by canesrock

it seemed to be at the time. Kessy seems to have gelled with the Blazers very nicely and his point totals would attest to that. I hated him when he was with the Tigers, but he has progressed a lot in the last few months.
Early this season he got suspended for hammering Ryan Pilon high and to the head and deserved every bit of that suspension. At the time I thought he was just another neanderthal knuckle draggin idiot. A 20 year old goon laying waste to a very promising 16 year old. He has proven me wrong and good on him.

Posted on Apr 1, 2013, 9:55 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

The kid has been a great leader

by KBF

Even when that cheap little scumbag Traber being the little pussy that he is grabbed him from behind and choked him out he didn't react or seek revenge. He let it go and ended up destroying the Royals this season. He had 11 goals and 5 assists in his last 7 games against them.

Posted on Apr 1, 2013, 10:04 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Are you serious? Those are great numbers.

by canesrock

You said Kessy "has had 11 goals and 5 assists in his last 7 games against the Royals."
Wow, if those numbers are correct the Blazers picked up the perfect 20 year old then.
Too bad this comment will get deleted as it is too confrontational for the MODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Apr 1, 2013, 10:36 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I am dead serious. Including playoffs and the last regular season game against them

by KBF

He's been unreal. Only had 44 PIM's in 31 games in the regular season as well.

Posted on Apr 1, 2013, 10:51 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

that was amusing

by hoople head

After kessey got his umpteen game suspension for railing pilon (what a name for a d-man) and then got traded to the giants his first game back after suspension was against... the hurricanes again. LOL

I am glad he finally got his head on straight though. He needed (two!?) changes of scenery it seemed....

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 2, 2013, 10:08 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

This RingSurf Major Junior Hockey Fan Forums Net Ring
owned by Board Moderators.
[ Random Site | List Sites ]