WHL Message Board
Where fans of the WHL can talk hockey, exchange ideas and talk to fans from other cities. Keep it civil!!
PLEASE READ MESSAGE BOARD GUIDELINES BEFORE PROCEEDING.
Please direct all inquiries/comments/etc to: boardmoderators@hotmail.com. Thank you.
This board is in no way officially associated with the Western Hockey League.

What's your opinion of this bodycheck?

by bobloblaw17

Posted on Feb 22, 2013, 6:46 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

hmm

by Bonghit1

interference, maybe? poor cal needs to keep head up, as this isn't the first time he has been railed at center ice! At least it wasn't a head shot?

Posted on Feb 22, 2013, 7:52 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hip Check....might be a split second late

by Old Vet

he was playing the puck and stuck his own leg out to kick at the puck leaving it out there... looks to me like Hall was cranking up a hip check.

In full speed the ref would see it as a knee on knee but Cal leaves his own leg out and all Hall looks like he is delivering a hip check.

Posted on Feb 22, 2013, 8:36 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

No interference...last player to touch the puck.

by bcdfan

Looks to me like the knee was mili seconds before the hip check. However Clutterbuck was making a kicking motion at the puck that got his knee into a bad position, something that wasn't happening (kicking motion) when Hall moved in for the HIP check. Not a fan of either team, just way it looked to me

Posted on Feb 22, 2013, 3:15 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

^^^ this

by hoople head

Is exactly what I saw as well.

-----------
[linked image]

"Now you wear your skin like iron
Your breath's as hard as kerosene"

Posted on Feb 22, 2013, 3:17 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

sorry I was talking about old vet's post.

by hoople head

-----------
[linked image]

Posted on Feb 22, 2013, 3:18 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Tough one

by AMS Rocker

Something about it that I just don't like. At full speed I can see why they called what they did. You slow it down and it showed a different view. Still... I've never been a fan of any type of leg hits. Too much at risk.

Rock On AMS!

Posted on Feb 22, 2013, 8:41 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Only Hall Knows

by WhereDaCupAt?

If he was going after the knee. In full speed it looks like Hall saw an opportunity to line him up with a nasty hip check, knee was extended though so you never know. It isn't conclusive to me that Hall was intentionally targetting Clutters knee, on the other hand if you watch the Dallas/Vancouver highlights, there is absolutely no doubt a certain spot picker tried to take out Loui Eriksson's knee. That one was much more intentional and leaves no doubt in my opinion.

Posted on Feb 22, 2013, 9:39 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

My opinion..it was Cal Clutterbuck..a kid from Calgary wouldn't injure someone on purpose

by T.K.O.

BUT it was Cal Clutterbuck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Xq_cNZjaSK0

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 22, 2013, 2:36 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Just saw on tsn

by hoople head

2 game suspension for hall. BS if you ask me. It certainly wasn't a knee on knee. 2 games for a slightly late hit that didn't target the head, stupid.

-----------
[linked image]

Posted on Feb 22, 2013, 3:50 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Just saw on tsn

by bobloblaw17

This is how they will remove hitting from the game. Eventually the players will be so confused about how to deliver a hit without recieving a suspension, they will just stop hitting the guy.

You can't hit a guy high in the head, you can't hit him low in the knees, you can't hit an unsuspecting player. Whats left? Deliver written notice and recieve consent before bodychecking someone?

I agree it was a nasty hit, and I could be proven wrong, but I see a hip check that caught upper thigh area, right after Clutterbuck is looking for nickels on the ice, all happening at lightning speed in the blink of an eye.

One thing is sure, if Hall just skates by and waves his stick at the puck he's gonna be riding the pine next game.

And before someone accuses me of blatant homersim, I don't have a dog in this fight...

ISLANDERS

Posted on Feb 22, 2013, 4:10 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

re: "This is how they will remove hitting from the game"

by hoople head

Yeah I agree.

I think the ref made the right call on the ice. At full speed that hit looked nasty, when you slow it down all it is is a late, failed hip check. Frankly it's barely a late hit. It's sad someone was hurt but you know what, hockey is a tough game.

That dingus shanahan could have given hall a pass on this one.

As for homerism, I hate the nhl in general, but I went into this thread looking to mock that fancy lad little OHL shite hall, but really he was more or less in the right here.

-----------
[linked image]

Posted on Feb 22, 2013, 4:24 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

The sad thing...

by bobloblaw17

Was the lack of medical attention. Guy has to hobble off the ice with no wheel chair or stretcher, then the X-ray machine doesn't work.... Don't they have health care in Alberta? happy.gif

ISLANDERS

Posted on Feb 22, 2013, 4:40 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

All depends

by hoople head

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/story/2013/01/07/calgary-alberta-health-care-queue-jumping.html

On who you are. He's clearly not connected, he's lucky he didn't just get dropped off in front of foothills. For non-flames or oilers they only slow down to about 40, they're just told to keep loose and tuck and roll.

-----------
[linked image]

Posted on Feb 22, 2013, 5:09 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Taylor Hall paying the price for playing the game at 100 mph,so next time,he either....

by T.K.O.

just does as skate-by, or becomes then a repeat offender,and in Sheriff Shanahan's s***book. To my knowledge, the Kid from Calgary was never suspended in the OHL..no wonder he defended himself the way he did..why admit to something that isn't true?

"It's unfortunate," said Hall. "I didn't feel like it was knee-on-knee at all. I felt I got him with my hip or torso area. It was a weird play. With the ice how it was at the end of the period, I thought the puck was going to bounce to him.

"I felt I got a good chunk of him with my hip. It sucked to see him down on the ice. I didn't want to bury him too bad. I thought the puck was right there."
.....he also basically said that he could have REALLY teed off on him if he was that type of player, but I can't find the interview.

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 22, 2013, 5:16 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Obviously dirty

by

Forgot name on that post...anyways...No suspension though since Brown got nothing for a similar hit. Both "hits" should get suspensions because they are dirty and targeting the knee area. Sticking his knee out is not a bodycheck.

Posted on Feb 23, 2013, 4:03 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Friday night fun for Western Canada ~ 5 hours of Vancouver...get your Popcorn, pops...

by T.K.O.

and settle in, as Canada's Team, YOUR Vancouver Canucks, with former Kelowna Rocket Alex Edler, invade Nashville and former Kelowna Rocket Shea Weber.

As if that wasn't enough, don't change the channel from Sportsnet 223, as the surprising upstart Blazers roll into the Centre of the Universe for a 7:30 start against the team likely to have a shot at the top import pick, AND the top WHL Bantam pick, YOUR Vancouver Giants.

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 6:25 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

are you sure

by hoople head

that you haven't fully explored smashing your computer and throwing it out the window as a viable option?

wink.gif

-----------
[linked image]

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 6:48 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

That wasn't very nice~BUT,if you have a multi tv setup,like all good Vancouverites, Pats/

by T.K.O.

Moosejaw is also on Shaw hd303!!

no such message

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 8:01 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

"Surprising upstart Blazers"

by KBF

Huh?

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 6:54 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

YES "Surprising upstart Blazers"..S U B...

by T.K.O.

nm

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 22, 2013, 7:38 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Yes yes yes!!!

by GravyOnFries

Can't wait to see the heavyweight champ take out another knee of the opponents top player! That stud KB continues to prove to the world what a classy guy he truly is! They say a team takes on the characteristics of their fans, nothing could be more true in Vancouver.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 9:03 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Yes yes yes!!!

by T.K.O.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 9:14 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Yes Yes Yes!

by Pepper Carrot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WGHeQw49ws

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 22, 2013, 9:23 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

jesus h

by T.K.O.

no such message

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 22, 2013, 9:29 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

The Vancouver Giants are

by Bob Parr

BRUTAL. Rogers Sportsnet must have lost their marbles televising the worst team in the CHL on their Friday night broadcast.

Posted on Feb 23, 2013, 6:25 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

As douchey as Hawk fans are

by KBF

Full marks to the Hawks last night. Blazers didn't play a bad game by any means, just the Hawks were that much better. Kamloops has done a great job at scoring goals on Carruth the past couple seasons but couldn't get anything by him last night. They are one hell of a team, and if possible are better than they were last season where they were much more "Star" orientated.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 2:03 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

And per the usual

by

you're unable to make the mental leap to understand that fans are completely irrelevant when it comes to team performance, and you're late to the party on which club has the better team.

But don't fret, I'm sure you'll do another 180 in a week or two and be raging again about how the 'hawks suck because their fans are classless, cheating, life-loser, arrogant, spinning, deflecting, insert-another-adjective-you-found-looking-in-the-mirror here.

I await your next spine-tingling, mind-blowing revelation(s).

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 2:09 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Thanks....Loops

by

Loops are a good team, no question. They just still don't seem to be "clicking".

I won't touch your title to your post... trying to get past that crap and get back to just talking Hockey..

Both of our scores were wrong, by a longshot lol

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 2:12 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Oh they've been clicking

by KBF

Up until last night they won 11 of 12 games and were very good in most of those. Portland is just in a class of their own this season.

And winterhawks03 you are most of the reason for the term "Douchey Hawk fans". Thanks for proving my point.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 2:18 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

considering

by kw

all the noise coming from kbf about hawks second round and out and how fruitloops will spank the winterhawks,i think most folks get how kbf presents a lot of fluff with no stuff.

both teams are good no doubt . but hopefully the win last night by the winterhawks stifles kbf nonsense and gives his head a shake when he spouts off in the future about the almighty blazers who are destin for the golf course should face the hawks in the playoff's.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 4:09 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Please don't stereotype

by portlandfan1

I am offended by your message title. In every hockey arena there is always going to be the idiot fan who has no class, but that is such a small percentage. Most hockey fans are good people who happen to love their hockey team, Portland fans included. Your message was good to read except for the title, it's like you can't compliment the Portland team without saying something nasty about the fans. Please don't judge all Portland fans because of a few over the top people.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 5:58 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Just smashed my radio, and threw it out the window...

by T.K.O.

the 1040 just pulled out the "right-handed Defenseman" card AGAIN

**Note from GM...get rid of Orr, Coffey, or Pronger.....we need a Right handed Dman** - Matt the dumb*uck Sekares

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 1:36 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I'm a big fan of right handed defensemen

by hoople head

Actually I couldn't care less but I'm hoping now you'll smash your computer and throw it out the window for good measure.

-----------
[linked image]

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 5:15 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

LOL...back to your Mom's Basement..

by T.K.O.

Right-handed D are great...point is, it matters not which way a guy shoots, but these Vancouver media dolts, whom have not played a single sport between them are obsessed with myths, and spew them out as facts. But I'm watching the Bruins right now,and they need a Left Hand Centerman....they should see if they can get Sedin for Seguin.

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 5:23 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

The wild wild East

by Pepper Carrot

Anything can happen in the Eastern conference this year. Its very competitive and you need at least a .500 record or better to see the post season. If you swap Everett for the last place Wheatkings, the Wheaties make the playoffs in the West. As of now the standings are as follows

8 - Kootenay Ice, i think everyone knows that it would be bad idea to count these guys out. The Blades were 4-0 against the Ice the same year that the Ice beat the Blades 4-0 in the playoffs and went on to win the WHL championship.

7 - Swift Current Broncos, Take these guys lightly and theyll make you pay. They had an awesome winning streak midway through the season and if they get hot again, look out. Right now they are in a position to play the Blades, these teams have had some interesting games against eachother so far.

6 - Red Deer Rebels, fallen off a bit since Sutters hot start with the new team. How many people want to go head to head with Sutter behind the bench, this team could suprise.

5 - Medicine Hat Tigers, a speedy team that will make you pay for being lazy. Not easy to keep up with these guys, especially in what will be a sold out Arena for every playoff game.

4 - Prince Albert Raiders, This team is good in every area, not great, but good. Not an easy team to beat, certainly not easy to beat in the Art Hauser centre. They also have a tough team, which can be huge in the playoffs

3 - Calgary Hitmen, A monster 1st line, If you're not able to shut them down they will run right through you. Shut down that top unit and you have a chance for success, that's how the BLades have played them well so far.

2 - Saskatoon Blades, Depth and goaltending are their biggest strengths. They have an NHL 2nd rounder centering their 4th line. Makarov can be one of the best junior goalies in the world when he is on. The Additions of Valcourt and Ferland really help out for skill and toughness. We've seen the BLades look unbeatable, and we've seen them look like a bantam AA team. Which Blades will we see in the playoffs?

1 - Edmonton Oil Kings, An upgraded version of PA. They are really good in all areas. This is their conference to win, they have tools, they just need a solid effort and we may see them in Saskatoon come May.

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 11:49 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

PA is not that good

by KBF

They were terrible out West here. The West's top 4 is stronger than the East's top 4.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 2:06 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

The last few years

by

I've credited the West with being stronger all around than the East. With that said, I've always considered that the lopsidedness of total teams in the East can make for a difficult read on the sum of team talent between the two conferences. This includes teams being closer in point totals (due to more total games being played against lower-talent teams), as well as some of the top teams having inflated points due to the latter issue.*

Understandably, having an odd number of teams could figure to be a logistical challenge at times, when you simultaneously have an even number of teams in the opposing conference (think strength of schedule concerns, although this is already arguably an issue at present). I still wonder how thinks might shake out if both conferences had equal numbers of clubs. I can't imagine it being a huge game changer, but as it stands, it's hard to believe it wouldn't have an effect, either.

*this is obviously not always an issue; see: Edmonton last year, as well as the usual upset champions over the last decade or so. Rather, it just makes giving/getting an accurate depiction of the league and individual conferences difficult unless you follow most of the teams regularly, and catch what could be considered measuring stick games.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 2:27 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

thinks = things. n/m

by

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 2:28 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Well considered opinion

by eokingfan

I still can't figure out why Kootenay, from Cranbrook BC, isn't in the BC division of the western conference. BS on the travel stuff. It's a moot point and means nothing. Cripes, Victoria must have the worst travel schedule and I sure can't imagine that the Ice' s travel would be as bad as theirs or Prince George's, or for that matter Portland's with a re-alignment. Maybe that's why the talking heads at the WHL offices don't do it; it makes too much sense.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 2:37 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

MST

by GCH

They are in the same time zone as Alberta and they are closer to the central division teams than the BC teams.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 7:20 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Travel

by ice_machine

Until you've driven from Cranbrook to Kelowna in the winter, you have no idea. I would much rather drive to Lethbridge & Med Hat than test my fate going over 3 mountain passes loaded with snow (the worst of which is the Kootenay Pass an hour west of Cranbrook). Even when the Ice were in the Western Conference, they played Med Hat (6 per year) more than they played Kelowna (once per year).

Posted on Feb 22, 2013, 9:35 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

The Rebels have dropped off definitely but

by Jagger

They are still 7 points up on the Tigers for 5th not 6th

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 4:42 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Video of Ferlands 5 minute major

by Pepper Carrot

Its near the end after the blades 5th goal. After Walker gets driven from behind face first into the cross bar(no penalty) Ferland comes in and delivers what is most certainly the most vicious cross-check ive ever seen in my life.

http://saskatoonblades.com/video/index/id/59e0f569e6cb98912090d33dedb58915

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 9:48 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

My left ear thanks you n/m

by Flaxon-Waxon

n/m

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 10:18 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

THAT is the hit?

by

Holy sweet baby Jesus, what an awful officiating call that is. Christ, he barely nudges the guy with his stick.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 10:18 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Video of Ferlands 5 minute major

by BigCityNights

Did Makarov get called for the tripping penalty around the 1:30 mark of this video? Just Curious

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 7:36 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Of course not

by Pepper Carrot

He poke checked the puck away cleanly, then the Warrior player tripped over his stick. No doubt about it he got the puck long before he got the player. Surely you don't think that was a penalty, do you?

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 11:18 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

If you reach your stick out to play the puck

by hoople head

and someone trips it's still called tripping.

-----------
[linked image]

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 12:21 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Oh ok

by Pepper Carrot

Well i guess you and big city are the only ones who thought it was a penalty... this includes the mental Warriors coach who got booted from the game.

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 12:46 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

well I suppose

by hoople head

Nobody can say anything about the blades, even inferring that a tripping penalty may have been in order without you menstruating all over the board.

You are completely impossible to have a discussion with.

-----------
[linked image]

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 1:06 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Nope, i just dont think that was worthy of a penalty

by Pepper Carrot

Im happy to talk the aspects of the game. When Ferland nailed Bell, Fioretti bee lined to Ferland, Ferland hit him high(possibly with a stick) and Fioretti went down... THAT was most certainly a penalty which the Blades got away with.

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 1:27 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

the hit on White as well

by

we know why ferdaddy didnt make the pros . Real men play there not 16-17 yr olds lol

2013 EAST DIVISION REGULAR SEASON CHAMPIONS

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 5:59 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Sorry, no.

by

NHL:

57.1 Tripping A player shall not place the stick, knee, foot, arm, hand or elbow in such a manner that causes his opponent to trip or fall.
Accidental trips which occur simultaneously with a completed play will not be penalized. Accidental trips occurring simultaneously with or after a stoppage of play will not be penalized.
If, in the opinion of the Referee, a player makes contact with the puck first and subsequently trips the opponent in so doing, no penalty shall be assessed.

Similarly in the IIHF:

Rule 638
(a) A minor penalty shall be assessed to any player who places
the stick, leg, knee, foot, arm, hand, or elbow in such a manner that it causes an opponent to trip or fall.
Rulebook_2012_Korr_2:Rulebook_2012 14.03.2012 08:13 Seite 5960
When a player injures an opponent as the result of tripping,
the Referee will assess a major penalty plus a game misconduct penalty of the offending player.
If, in the opinion of the Referee, a player is unquestionably
hookchecking the puck and obtains possession of it, thereby
tripping the opposing player, no penalty shall be assessed.

Accidental trips that occur simultaneously with the whistle
shall not be penalized.
Any player who deliberately dives onto the playing surface,
except to block a shot, contacts an opponent and causes the
player to trip or fall shall be assessed a minor penalty.

The WHL rule book is pretty much the same as the NHL rule book. Contacting the puck first, even resulting in a trip immediately after, is not a penalty.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 2:14 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Rule 57.1

by Tipped Off

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26349

Special attention to the third paragraph

57.1 Tripping A player shall not place the stick, knee, foot, arm, hand or elbow in such a manner that causes his opponent to trip or fall.

Accidental trips which occur simultaneously with a completed play will not be penalized. Accidental trips occurring simultaneously with or after a stoppage of play will not be penalized.

If, in the opinion of the Referee, a player makes contact with the puck first and subsequently trips the opponent in so doing, no penalty shall be assessed.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 2:15 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I was paying attention to the second paragraph

by hoople head

In regards to a completed play, which would be somewhat subjective. Although I agree that by most standards it isn't tripping with the refs in this league you never know how they might interpret something.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 2:48 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

LOL... they called THAT one

by Blackawks18

But not the other two blatant checks to the head by Ferland used as "Highlights"... LOL... gotta love refs some nights..

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 2:10 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

got what he deserved

by

should have gotten 5 earlier for the hit on White. If Ferdaddy was so tough why did he just stand there .lol

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 5:57 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Because Ferland has CLASS...

by Pepper Carrot

Something that you captain MCFaul lacks. Ferland couldve pounded that Warrior into next week, but he didnt because he wasnt fighting back.

McFaul on the other hand, waits for Nicholls to disengage from their scrum, then throws a blindside haymaker to the side of Nicholls head.

You want tough? Ferland was knocking Warriors all over the ice and every player(even the one you see in the video) is far too scared to challenge him. Luckily for you, the refs helped ya out by calling a bogus 5 minute major.

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 6:53 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Ya he really scares them hahaha nm

by

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 7:40 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Yeah, he does

by Pepper Carrot

Watch the video, then look at your boy turtle when Ferland grabs him happy.gif Poor guy was petrified.

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 7:45 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Ferland is by far the HW Champ of this pussy league...no question about that...

by T.K.O.

KASE KLOSED

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 11:06 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I'd still like to see him dance with that kid from Montana....

by brawler

You know, the one that's faught the leagues best over the past few seasons.
It'd certainly be the the title fight of the east, possibly the dub IMO.

Posted on Feb 22, 2013, 8:13 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

We may see Friday March 8...but not on Shaw hd303...it's Kamloops/Kelowna that night...

by T.K.O.

Billings Montana, the Bighorns...Don Nachbaur, Bob Rouse, Gord Kluzak. I remember the Great Falls Americans, as my Brother's Bantam/Midget Coach's Son played for them, and the Spokane Flyers

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 22, 2013, 2:07 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Clouston

by mhtfan

Needs to be dismissed! Made many very questionable moves once again tonight. NOth the first time, and has been making this questionable moves lately. I have heard many fans not impressed with him.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 9:01 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Not usually one...

by longtimefan

to point fingers at anyone but ice time management was very poor tonight. At one point in the third period Valk, Bredo, Shinkaruk, Leir and Pearce were on the ice for almost 4 minutes. Time out in their but still at this level that can't happen.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 9:09 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

power-play

by mhtfan

our power play has been terrible and costing us games. They need to be shooting on net not play tic tac toe with the puck. The lines need to change too. Valk and Shinkaruk cannot be on the same line anymore the chemistry just isnt there.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 9:16 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Shinkaruk

by slapshot7

Have to agree with that one, but Shinkaruk should be used to it been doing 2 ot 3 min. shifts all season on the power play.
Just not right.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 4:23 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I think its time to give The Blades some credit...

by Puffy

This streak has nothing to do with the past, the future but right now. Theyve beat some bottom feeders and some good squads and if it was any other team, there would be accolades all around.
Im not a fan of Lorne Molleken, I think the games passed him by......these kids realize the chance they have. I believe theyre top 5-6 in the league. Are they going to win the league title, I dont think so. Whether you like it or not, theyve got a better chance of winnin The Memorial Cup RIGHT NOW than any other squad in The CHL because theyre there for sure.
At the start of the season, they wouldnt be a .500 club and now theyve hit 13. Hockeys a funny game...as The LA Kings proved last year, you just have to make it to the dance and who knows whatll happen.
Soooo....kudos to The Blades squad for pulling together and putting a real nice run together and good luck as 1 of The WHL reps this year.

Good day.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 8:09 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

mollekan's teams are typically decent in the regular season

by hoople head

This is not really any sort of surprise.

-----------
[linked image]

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 8:30 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Classy post

by Pepper Carrot

They tied a franchise record tonight and will try to break it friday. Hockey is a funny game, they are getting momentum at the right time though.

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 8:31 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I think they are FINALLY playing to their "potential"..on paper, they are good....

by T.K.O.

WHL Champs,no....but they are going to be f***ed for the next half decade, so good for them, even though 2011 was their REAL year, and they BLEW IT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t-NHJfqjII

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 9:49 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: I think its time to give The Blades some credit...

by BigCityNights

Okay... Ill give them credit for winning 13 games in a row. Any team that wins 13 in a row should get some credit. But look who they played in those 13 games... Moose Jaw 3 times, Swift 3 times, Brandon a couple times, Lethbridge, a struggling PA... Only Calgary really impresses me and the come from behind win against Med Hat. Other than that... I thnk Blades should beat those teams. And the next 2 they play is Brandon and MJ yet again. Look at who they lost to last. Edmonton... The team that they really should be concerned about.

But this is the same old BS. We always talk about a time in the Blades regular season where they are doing well. Then we talk about how they struggle in playoffs. Like this thread and all the replies including mine are irrelevant. We know whats going to happen.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 7:43 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

The thing is

by eokingfan

The Oil Kings beat them in a game that was as even as they get. And what a 13 game (or more) win streak can do for a team's morale is immeasurable. Nothing is quite as dangerous as an opponent who truly believes they can and will win. And the way the Blades have been winning is of interest as well. They have come back from being down after two periods, after two and a half, after one, after being down 2-0, etc. I don't care who they have played. Regina just beat Edmonton.....

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 11:20 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

they are playing good

by hoople head

And your statement about 'I don't care who they are playing' is relevant.

That being said bigcity is correct as well. The playoffs are coming up, systems are going to be tighter, checking tighter as well. It's not irrelevant that those kids are playing their hearts out, holding their heads high and believing in themselves but if mollekan doesn't hold up his end of the bargain the blades will be gone by the second round, like usual.

-----------
[linked image]

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 11:51 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

True dat nm

by eokingfan

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 12:02 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

also

by hoople head

how long can they sustain this level of intensity? When sutter came back the rebels were playing at this sort of level of intensity and went on a what... 9 game streak? It's not impossible to suggest that the blades might be gassed by the first round of the playoffs.

-----------
[linked image]

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 12:12 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

That is a concern

by eokingfan

Kamloops was on fire to start the season and cooled off considerably before righting the ship. And a long win streak is often followed by a losing one. That first loss is like a pendulum swinging back and it takes some time to get it going back in the right direction. I guess we will find out. But for the Blades and their fans and certainly the WHL this is a good story.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 12:45 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Blades one period away from going 13-0-0

by Celery Salt

SUCK IT!!

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 6:46 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

They'll choke as always

by Bay leaves

If not tonite surely in march. April the latest. Come back and talk to us when it counts.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 6:55 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Over/under

by

you're one of the anonymous losers who was running their yap about how they weren't even going to make the playoffs this year?

Come back and talk to us when you have a functioning brain cell.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 7:12 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

with your playoff record

by

I see why blade fans get excited about anything they do in the reg season.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 6:58 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Horrid 5 minute major call on Ferland

by Pepper Carrot

MCFaulls cheap shot on Nicholls was 10 times more worthy of a major. Ferland will get an automatic 1 game suspension. This is the sh*ttiest call ive ever seen, this will put the streak in jeopardy... against Brandon of all teams.

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 8:36 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

if you cant win without ferland youre in trouble nm

by mjw22

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 8:48 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

He's a huge part of this team

by Pepper Carrot

His presence made the Warriors give up the puck just to avoid being hit. NOt to mention he can score as well. The BLades record is phenomenal with Ferland in the lineup.

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 9:03 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: if you cant win without ferland youre in trouble nm

by whlfan

Ferland showed his class tonight this type of disipline will cost Blades in playoffs.Ferland will get one game for cross check should have recieved major for a brutal high stick on 16 year old Point.Point didnt lay on ice went off but recieved a mouth full of stitches after game.Video will be reviewed on that play as well. The Blades will get theres real soon I cant wait to watch them get blown out in playoffs and lose all three in Memorial cup round robin. As for Ferland he will be playing senior hockey in two years maybe the whitehorse thunder are looking for some players.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 9:30 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

God almighty

by KBF

It's always the other guy on the other team with you.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 1:11 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

LOL

by HawksFan4Life

Hypocrite much?

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 3:04 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Pot meet Kettle...meet frying pan nm

by HOMER

I said nm jacka$$

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 8:45 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Maybe

by

you can go watch the video before running your mouth (I know, that requires a lot of effort on your part, but do give it a try).

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 10:03 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I saw it

by hoople head

Years ago that might not have been such a big deal but today.... the player was in a vulnerable position, Ferland will be out for awhile. I'm not sure how long but longer than what pepper assumes.

-----------
[linked image]

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 11:53 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Ehhhhhhh

by

even so, it just looked like a minor, almost incidental contact. Worse contact happens all the time during regular play (cross-checks that knock opposing players into/onto your own goaltender come to mind). The player receiving the "check" didn't even stumble forward.

It may have been something in the vicinity of a keeping the game from getting out of hand call (which I tend to agree with in most cases, especially when things are already chippy) - it just seemed a bit harsh to go 5 and a 10 on it; a simple 10 minute misconduct would have accomplished the same thing and not blown it completely out of the water.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 2:18 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Looks like sanity prevailed

by hoople head

I more or less agree with your assessment but I remember dumba laying what would have been a legal hit five years ago on someone and then getting suspended for a stupid number of games.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 3:06 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

CHL ANNOUNCES BMO CHL TOP 10 RANKINGS

by T.K.O.

Oil Kings move to #3

http://www.chl.ca/article/chl-announces-bmo-chl-top-10-rankings_138841

[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 6:31 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

BLAZERS VISIT GIANTS ON FRIDAY NIGHT HOCKEY

by T.K.O.

Sportsnet, home of the 2013 MasterCard Memorial Cup, and Canadas #1 destination for junior hockey, has announced regular season Canadian Hockey League matchups up until March 8 on Sportsnets popular Friday Night Hockey.

The action continues this Friday night when JC Lipon and the Kamloops Blazers visit Brett Kulak and the Vancouver Giants at 10:30 pm Eastern.

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 6:34 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hawks vs Blazers tonight round 4

by KBF

Should be a gooder.

Blazers 4 Hawks 3.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 12:32 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

My guess

by Blackawks18

Hawks 5, Blazers 3 (EN Goal)

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 1:47 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

7 - 4 for the Good Guys...

by T.K.O.

[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 4:01 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I was wrong for once...hit the spread though...LOL

by T.K.O.

nm

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 10:10 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Groans

by

Uh oh. We got the next two games against Portland.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 11:56 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I wouldn't worry about it, the Cougars are gone at the end of this season anyways

by ChiefsHockey

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 11:57 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: I wouldn't worry about it, the Cougars are gone at the end of this season anyways

by

To where?

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 12:06 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Golf Course?

by

nm

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 1:48 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Cougars' attendance through 30 games

by N. W. Bruin

55,034 total which includes a opening season crowd of 4,238 and Teddy Bear Toss of 4,029. Seven crowds of less than 1,500.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 3:58 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

How many do the Spruce Kings get?

by T.K.O.

[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 4:03 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Averaging 1200 per game.

by ChiefsHockey

nm.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 4:07 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

The top 2 teams in hockey are Hawks

by

worst 2 are from Vancouver .

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 10:16 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

ummm

by latertime

funny Van is 8th overall in the NHL hmm

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 11:51 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: The top 2 teams in hockey are Hawks

by T.K.O.

[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 2:01 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Shhhhhh.......

by WhereDaCupAt?

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 3:39 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

funny as hell no Cup for the Cansucks nm

by

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 5:32 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Grow up MJW...

by T.K.O.

"The team plays its home games at Mosaic Place. The franchise moved to Moose Jaw from Winnipeg after the 198384 season, where they were known as the Winnipeg Warriors. The Warriors played in the Moose Jaw Civic Centre also known as "The Crushed Can" for 26 seasons, before moving to Mosaic Place in the city centre...

The team has NEVER won the WHL championship".

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 10:07 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Sure, I'll take the bait...........

by CHIEFS-COP

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

CHIEFS-COP

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 3:40 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

hmmmm

by cranky

i consider the top teams the one's that win the last game they play during the playoffs. until then it's all babble

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 8:25 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Former Cane Seabrook comes down with 'Canucks Flu'...

by T.K.O.

Who could blame him?

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 19, 2013, 5:16 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

theres no such thing as canucks flu

by Some_Arrogant_Jerk

there is the infamous philly flu and one for bean town too...but the closest thing to canucks flu would be buttt herpies.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013, 7:25 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

The Hell??

by T.K.O.

[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 19, 2013, 8:35 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Didn't Need Him

by GravyOnFries

Number 1 goalie out, number 2 dman out, Hossa out from a head shot, Hawks still get the 2 points. You can tell Kesler is back in the lineup, cheap shots - check. Yapping but won't drop the gloves when challenged - check. Diving penalty - check. Yep, Canucks are in mid-season form. Get rid of Kesler already, he is an embarrassment and a cancer to the damn team.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013, 8:35 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Why I Oughta...

by T.K.O.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 19, 2013, 8:50 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Why, you oughta....................

by CHIEFS-COP

Stop defending the girly-girls of hockey.

They can't beat anybody straight up so they reduce their game to cheap shots, ie, fore-arms to back of the head, calf slashes and head shots. And don't get me started on the Sedin Sisters.........

Even being short-handed, the real hockey team won. And you can do is whine and start crap.

.[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

CHIEFS-COP

Posted on Feb 19, 2013, 9:57 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

CHIEFS-COP..a little message for you...

by T.K.O.

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 19, 2013, 10:57 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Shhhhhh......

by WhereDaCupAt?

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 9:54 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

post of the day

by hoople head

-----------
[linked image]

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 10:11 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hahahaha....

by gr8freak

Beautiful!

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 10:12 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Awesome post lol Go hawks nm

by

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 10:12 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Only thing missing is Bieska

by brawler

Half turtle...Half duck.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 6:33 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I remember that

by HOMER

it's Bieska after he beat the crap out of a stick boy and a cheerleader.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 12:35 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Not Direct WHL: Q player gets first penalty in 187 games

by Tipped Off

Scott Sepich @SSepich
This is pretty incredible: QMJHL star Zach O'Brien was just whistled for the first penalty of his career ... in his 187th game.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013, 5:04 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Did he argue the call??

by Pepper Carrot

If so, id give him the benefit of the doubt.

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 19, 2013, 7:47 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hurricanes drop out of playoff spot

by master

As the Ice beat Swift to pass them in the standings. Will be interesting down the stretch as they play division rivals several times, be nice if they could move up to 6th and avoid the OK or Blades first round.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013, 8:21 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Might not be a bad thing

by Pepper Carrot

Remember the last time the #2 Blades met the #7 Hurricanes in the playoffs...

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 19, 2013, 10:13 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

The Ice have simply been amazing. Just 6 weeks ago they were still

by canesrock

dead last in the entire Eastern Conference. The Canes were 15 points ahead them and 5th in the Conference. Now Lethbridge is 1 point back of the Ice and sit in 9th. The clock is ticking loudly on Preston's career.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013, 12:25 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Eight weeks ago they were behind the Giants by 3 points

by N. W. Bruin

Giants had 19 and Ice had 16.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013, 1:58 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

That isn't always

by Darin

how the hammer falls. They start strong just have a slow finish the last 2 years. Whether it is coaching or players, but seldom will you see the hammer fall on GM/Coach when they have ups and downs like that. But then we are only 'pions' in the big world and have no input in any decisions made concerning teams. And it really doesn't matter. In Lethbridge case, I think the team relied to heavily on their goalie and never played strong enough constantly enough in front of him. And Rimmer has to have been tiring out night in and night out. Get hit with 40 shots a night is tought work. Couple in a bad game here and there that every goalie can have, doesn't make for a good recipe. Next year will be just as tough if not more unless they get another stand up goalie.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013, 7:00 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Portland hitting 99 tonight, Sask on a TWELVE and ZERO streak...

by T.K.O.

The BEST team in the CHL, and the HOTTEST...discuss

[linked image]
[linked image]

Posted on Feb 18, 2013, 5:29 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Weird thing is

by Studs99

The top 2 scorers in the leagues are held pointless and are a minus on the night after the team scores 8 goals. That doesn't happen to often.

On a side note. The Blades walk over the Wheaties. Although the first period was scrambly, the rest of the game was one sided. The team record is 13 wins in a row, so they're one game away from tying it.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013, 7:48 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Second Line combines for 16pts

by Blackawks18

That will kill you every time.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013, 8:09 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Pretty fun to watch

by

especially since one of them has appeared snake-bitten for much of the season.

Leier has been a beast lately (he's always one of the harder working guys on the ice as it is), and Bjorkstrand is, well, Bjorkstrand.

Good stuff.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013, 8:34 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Colton Orr / George Parros 6

by T.K.O.

When Joe Public gets concussed, he is scared shirtless the next time he encounters the villain, or calls 911....NOT former DUB Heavies though

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/101174 Jan 20/2011

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/116096 Feb 18/2013

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 18, 2013, 5:15 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Orr fan here

by GravyOnFries

But big thumbs down for coming off the bench fresh and challenging a guy at the end of his shift.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013, 5:36 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Kelowna makes it official: Rigby & Wheaton done for year

by Tipped Off

Cody Nickolet @WHLFromAbove

Tough blow for Kelowna as they announce that F Carter Rigby and D Mitchell Wheaton are done for the year due to shoulder injuries

Posted on Feb 18, 2013, 10:35 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Interesting - looks like the Winnipeg Jets owners may be in the market for a WHL team

by VO #23

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/Talks-between-True-North-and-WHL-team-break-off-191610691.html

Posted on Feb 18, 2013, 7:47 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

More Interesting

by JrEh

Is to read some of the 60+ online response comments to that article. While we may be the land of Hockey, way too many of our hockey fans have permanent brain freeze when talking about the sport. Case in point:

"I think it would be a well supported team here in Winnipeg. Really, we could outsell Florida, Tampa, Phoenix, and a few others, at the WHL level. That would be a money maker, with no huge overbloated salaries in the way. Twenty bucks to go see the Jets play Florida in Florida, and twenty bucks to go see WHL hockey in Winnipeg."

1) Yes you can get a ticket in Florida for $20 to see the Jets if you are in upper bowl, but if you want to sit in the lower section you will pay anywhere from $85 to over $300 to ticketmaster for your seat.

2) Outsell Tampa - they should average over 19,000 a game this season, Florida - over 17,000. Even Phoenix should average over 14,000 by year end. This team with the worst attendance in the NHL had over 17,000 tonight - a figure that will never be seen with a Winnipeg WHL team - even if they were hosting the Memorial Cup.

There are a lot more pro hockey teams, more Canadian pro players and more people in total attending pro hockey in the 11 southern US States than there are in the 10 Canadian provinces and I cannot see that changing anytime soon.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013, 11:51 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Florida...

by bobloblaw17

I've been to games in Tampa and Miami, had a great time in both arenas, Florida is by far the nicest rink I have ever been in, beautiful building with marble floors, glass walls, escalators, tons of mini bars around the rink and also full sized bars/restaurants. They have huge merchandise store and sell game worn gear. Also tickets are reasonably priced and FREE parking!

The fans were knowledgable and friendly. Tampa was awesome as well. They have one of those games where you put in a quarter and try to pick up a teddy bear with the grappling hook...Except they have live lobsters in it. If you catch a lobster you can take it home or they will cook it right there and make a sandwich out of it!

Tampa also had live bands tailgating outside the building and inside cheap massive Canadian beers!

I always get a laugh when Canadian media and fans bash the Florida teams. Ignorance...

ISLANDERS

Posted on Feb 19, 2013, 11:15 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Why

by stupol

They already have one..............The Jets lol

Posted on Feb 19, 2013, 10:43 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

It's a no brainer really.

by hoople head

For an NHL club to want to also operate a WHL franchise. All the necessary infrastructure is in place, probably for less than it costs to pay a second line centre per year you could run a dub club. With the lease already paid nearly everything brought in, parking (which costs the same for WHL fans as it does the NHL fans), merch (ditto), concessions (ditto). Marketing cost is minimal as you have a built in market (your NHL fans). Put up posters around the rink and advertise during NHL games.

I'm shocked it took the oilers this long to figure it out considering the flames have been making money like crazy on the hitmen all this time. Frankly I'm shocked the orcas haven't attempted to set up a rival vancouver WHL club.

-----------
[linked image]

Posted on Feb 19, 2013, 11:41 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

So, a question

by pcspounder

I lived a dozen years too long in Boise.

There was a point where Boise interests first tried to buy the Wheaties and then Tri-City. When they were building their arena, they advertised the WHL as the league they'd join. The league blocked both sales and Boise went to a pro league.

Eventually via good old sports talk radio (I saw that latest thread... what you consider bad in Canada, multiply by 5 to get how US does it), one of the prospective owners offered that there were separate reasons each sale was blocked.

(1) If the WHL did not keep a team in Brandon, at least per the word that came down, Manitoba kids would be shifted to QUEBEC league territory. Does anyone know if this is truly the case? If it is, I'd sense the league would probably move on Winnipeg, if for no other reason than to help Brandon. I've had a hard time believing that one, however.

(2) As for Tri... Boise would then be too far away from the other US cities. What was cited was the league not wanting more than a 4-hour drive to the nearest city. Now how long does it take to get to Brandon from Regina? Prince George from Kamloops? Just wondering.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013, 3:58 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Some answers maybe?

by hoople head

1. Yes if there was no Manitoba team present in the whl there has been talk that the ohl would place teams in Manitoba and then claim that territory. The league needs to keep a team in that province.

2. Is mostly bull. I'm not up on my geography but if the ownership and everything else was in order (or at least what made the good old boys club happy) it might have still gone through. There has been noise of expanding out to Alaska and California after all although nothing came of it.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013, 6:06 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Noise

by pcspounder

I recall discussions about Anchorage and Sacramento wanting into the league. IIRC, the noise for that came out of Alaska and California, and the league steadfastly insisted they're a bus league.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 10:38 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Brandon situation

by Pork on a Bun

Without a WHL team in Manitoba, Hockey Manitoba has the right to block all transfers of players from Manitoba to play outside of the province for any other WHL teams--without some sort of agreement in place.

There wouldn't be any actual need for the OHL to have a team in Manitoba, they would simply need to have a working agreement with Hockey Manitoba regarding player transfers.

My understanding, and recollection, was that the Boise group was in the process of making a serious offer to Kelly McCrimmon, but once the league realized what it might cost them from a territorial standpoint, they ensured that the deal wouldn't happen. I'm not sure you could suggest it was blocked, but something happened to kill the deal pretty quickly (and pretty quietly).

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 10:53 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Bantam Draft ?

by warr2

Is their a lottery is the bantam draft or will Vancover get the first pick?

Posted on Feb 18, 2013, 5:27 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Lottery

by WK Fan

But only the bottom 3 teams have a shot at winning first overall, And the # of balls are weighted in favour of the bottom team

Posted on Feb 18, 2013, 6:41 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Sucks

by Anonymous

Why wound't all non playoff teams get a chance to at least to move up. What incentive is it for MJ Regina Brandon to at least try to make the playoffs when their 10 pts back

Posted on Feb 18, 2013, 10:30 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Just like the NBA

by Tipped Off

All teams can move up in the lottery, but the max # of spots you can improve is 2. So 3rd can move to 1st, 4th can move to 2nd, etc....

Posted on Feb 18, 2013, 11:32 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

An example. In 2011 Kamloops was seeded 6th but won the lottery so

by canesrock

they moved up to the 4th spot and bumped the Canes from 4th to 5th and Seattle from 5th to 6th. I don't remember the exact odds but because Kamloops had the most points of all non playoff teams they had only about a 5% chance at winning it. As Kamloops moved to the 4th spot, the order did not change for the top 3 teams.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013, 11:46 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Just under 5% for Kamloops

by N. W. Bruin

The number of balls are as follows:

6 than 5 than 4 than 3 than 2 than 1. Total 21 balls so Giants if they finish last have a 12/21 chance at number one pick or just over 50%. Next worse has a 5/21 chance or roughly 25% while the next club has a 4/21 chance at the number one overall pick or 20% roughly.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013, 1:00 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

This is so depressing....will likely cancel my cable in late June..

by T.K.O.

Guys just hitting each other, falling down and going BOOM...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcL3iweULww

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 6:29 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Par For The Course

by GravyOnFries

Lose games lose fights, yep, typical Nuck hockey.

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 9:12 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Par for the course?

by ?

The Canucks typically lose games? Is there an NHL in a parallel universe that you watch?

Posted on Feb 18, 2013, 10:52 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Allow Me To Rephrase

by GravyOnFries

Typical Nucks who lose meaningful games like playoffs. I don't care how many President Trophy banners are hanging from the rafters, you ask any player if they would rather win the Pres Trophy every year with no Cups in their career, or win one Cup and zero Pres trophies. Any player who would take all the Pres trophies was probably a Nuck.

As for this specific topic, the video offered happened to be a game where they lost 2 of the 3 fights and they lost the game.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013, 5:32 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Allow Me To Rephrase

by

Teams have careers?

Posted on Feb 19, 2013, 10:06 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Read It Again

by GravyOnFries

You obviously didn't the first time.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013, 10:40 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Tbirds game starts with Two Linesmen (No refs)

by Tipped Off

The two Refs showed up in time for the 2nd period, but the linesmen handled all the duties in the 1st.

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 6:02 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Props to linesmen

by Mitch

That had to be a tad bit stressful for that pair. Hopefully they did a good job and impressed upstairs.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013, 2:23 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Too bad Benson and Clague are not a fit for the Giants...the search continues....

by T.K.O.

These kids both shoot left, and the Giants real need is for a Right-handed Defenceman.

[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 2:41 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

i've seen it all

by cranky

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=hocke+referee+fight+russia&view=detail&mid=D34B8F2B299FD01E6E4DD34B8F2B299FD01E6E4D&first=0&FORM=NVPFVR&qpvt=hocke+referee+fight+russia

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 12:33 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Annual Best of the West poll is out

by Tipped Off

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2013/02/17/2278933/best-of-the-west-2013.html

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 10:36 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

these always crack me up

by travis

the two that stand out the most to me are most improved player and best goaltender

just between Lipon and Petan, who do you think improved the most from last season?

Lipon
11-12 regular season - 69 gp, 19 g, 46 a, 65 pts, +23
12-13 regular season - 51 gp, 30 g, 47 a, 77 pts, +27

Petan
11-12 regular season - 61 gp, 14 g, 21 a, 35 pts, +7
12-13 regular season - 59 gp, 41 g, 60 a, 101 pts, +61

not that hard to figure out...

and seriously... Comrie the best goaltender in the west? wtf???

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 3:38 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

It's all about perception

by Big Slapper

I figured if anyone was a lock in a category it had to be Petan. The stats you listed speak for themselves. While Lipon has certainly improved his performance year-over-year, I think voters might have been remembering the start he had. Petan on the other hand has gone from a kid with potential to the leading candidate for the Four Broncos trophy.

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 6:47 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I think it's great

by hockeyanyone

From what i understand It's 100% voted on by the players and they can't vote for anyone on their team. It's pretty cool to see what the players think of each other.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013, 1:37 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: I think

by IceBirder

It's players, coaches and broadcasters I believe.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013, 10:08 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Players and coaches only I think

by AmsForLife

This is the best poll of them all to judge players by because it is the people involved who are providing the input. That sure tells you a lot what players think of Comrie eh?

GO AMS GO

Posted on Feb 18, 2013, 5:31 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

correct...players, management and broadcasters,,,,

by bobloblaw17

As stated in the first line of the article...

ISLANDERS

Posted on Feb 18, 2013, 5:45 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

It is obviously the league's bias against the Hawks eh...nm

by canesrock

Posted on Feb 19, 2013, 11:25 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

i guess the coaches, players and managers

by cranky

don't know dicky-doo about the game

Posted on Feb 21, 2013, 8:30 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Americans

by

from my Minnesota hockey friends they said lots of Americans might switch gears and come to the USHL

Chase Phelps - ranked in the 2nd round fo the 2014 NHL draft from Shattuck ( Lethbridge has his rights )
Evan Robert - also a Shattuck player might sign with the Wheat Kings
Jordan Klehr - yes the 3rd Shattuck player may consider WHL and not sure who has his rights
Kevin Dineen ( no relation ) - the 4th Shattuck player is looking ahead to the WHL
Rem Pitlick - drafted by PG so that means I assume he won't come and he is also at Shattuck
Tyler Bump - not drafted at Shattuck
Chase Jungels - was drafted by Vancouver and playing with state champs Benilde same school that Alec Baer played with
Connor Hurley - with PG again but may not consider the great white north

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 4:04 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Klehr

by juva

I believe he was drafted by Vancouver in 2012. Not sure if they still have his rights though.

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 7:20 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Americans

by Gopher

>> Chase Phelps - ranked in the 2nd round fo the 2014 NHL draft from Shattuck ( Lethbridge has his rights )

I hear he WANTS to play in the WHL and plans on reporting to Lethbridge this fall

>> Evan Robert - also a Shattuck player might sign with the Wheat Kings

His goal is to play in the WHL and he will try and make the jump this fall.

>> Jordan Klehr - yes the 3rd Shattuck player may consider WHL and not sure who has his rights

Vancouver owns his rights. They are on the fence , leaning towards nooooo

>> Kevin Dineen ( no relation ) - the 4th Shattuck player is looking ahead to the WHL

I believe there is a relation. In fact, I could be wrong, but am pretty sure dad is the NHLer. The parents are also very active on the Shattuck community, live in town, sit on boards etc. A Wisconsin family who likely have sights set on the Badgers

>> Rem Pitlick - drafted by PG so that means I assume he won't come and he is also at Shattuck

Rumors are he's intreagued by the WHL but would never consider PG. Also, size is an issue. He'd have to get bigger (he's 5'1 and 110 lb, but pound for pound the best hockey player in the world)

>> Tyler Bump - not drafted at Shattuck

Was a real stud a couple of years ago. Grew big early and others are catching up. Dad was a D1 wrestler and the kid has a definite edge.

>> Chase Jungels - was drafted by Vancouver and playing with state champs Benilde same school that Alec Baer played with

Stock is falling faster than facebook. Was a big goal scorer when dad was coaching him, but only mediocre now and 5'7" on his tippy toes. Vancouver had his rights and recently de-listed him

>> Connor Hurley - with PG again but may not consider the great white north

He is supposed to be drafted in top 3 rounds in this years NHL draft (ranked 58th I believe in latest ranking). His stock fell with a nasty mid-season slump, but he does have tremendous upside and might come to the WHL after he's drafted.

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 7:23 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

US Division Champs...

by Blackhawks18

But it doesn't mean a thing if you can't complete the playoffs.. Lets go hawks, pick up the pace and get back into form!

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 10:06 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Full credit to Kamloops.

by Rocketfuel

Rockets without the bounces tonight and piss poor goaltending. Still ahead of Kamloops in the standings though so not too worried

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 9:26 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Bounces?

by Jamial

Yah, that is the reason they lost. How about the fact they kept the Rockets to 18 shots and 0 for 4 on the PP.

Ahead by only 3 points now, Blazers have 1 game in hand and are 5-5 in the last 10. Time to be worried that the Rockets peaked and overachieved already.

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 9:33 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Yes Bounces.

by Rocketfuel

Puck bouncing over the Rockets sticks all night

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 9:35 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hilarious...

by Jamial

Overrated. Gig is up.

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 9:39 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I don't understand.

by Rocketfuel

Why people try and talk **** about a game when they didn't even watch it

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 9:43 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I was there bud

by KBF

Rockets got worked tonight plain and simple. Had nothing to do with not getting the bounces. They generated absolutley nothing other than that goal. You say you aren't worried about Kelowna falling in the standings? I think you are, and are just saying that to make yourself feel better. Kamloops has peaked at the right time, they had a bump there for 2 months and now have been very very good the past 3 weeks.

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 11:48 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

So much for civility.

by Rocketfuel

nfm

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 12:45 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

How was that not being civil?

by KBF

You above tried to discredit the Blazers and take away the fact they dominated the Rockets this weekend.

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 12:51 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I gave them FULL CREDIT in the OP

by Rocketfuel

Full credit, yes, but that doesn't take away the fact that they had some bounces go their way.

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 12:57 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

They did

by KBF

You create the bounces good or bad. Kamloops has Kelowna's number like no other team this season. 5-2 now. To say you aren't worried is false. Kamloops and Portland are the Rockets biggest threats this season and biggest pain's in the asses. They are only 3-8 against both teams this season so far.

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 1:07 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Thing is though KBF

by Rocketfuel

To say Kamloops has Kelowna's number and then stating some win-loss stats which are fabricated to make it look better for the Blazers is silly.

Yes, Kamloops is 5-2 against the Rockets this year, however, of those 5 wins, only 2 were in Regulation. Now, lets look at it this way, Kamloops has 10 pts off the Rockets this year, Kelowna has 6 pts off of Kamloops. So yes, Kamloops is 5-2 against the Rockets, but only have 4 more pts, so to say "we have your number like nobody's business" is asinine because it simply is not true.

And you really think I am worried don't you?! Truth be told Duane, I really am not worried. The Rockets weren't expected to win the division, nor do I expect them to still. To say I am worried about the Rockets falling behind Kamloops in the standings when I whole heartedly expect it to happen is just silly. Top 3 in the West are as good as locked up at this point. Portland at #1 and Kelowna or Kamloops at #2 and #3. Personally, I am happy with a top 3 finish at this point, all things considered.

This edition of the Kelowna Rockets was supposed to finish 4th or 5th in the conference this season, with some experts expecting even lower. This group of kids has not only done better than that, but made the Top of the conference a heck of a lot more interesting this season. It's a heck of a lot more fun when the Rockets and Blazers can go toe to toe and the game be close, instead of the past 10 years where one team has dominated the other. Good to see the fire re-ignited in the kids with this rivalry.

I was getting sick of hating Vancouver anyways.

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 1:47 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Well said Jared

by KBF

nm

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 2:06 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Blazers/Rockets

by Zaner

I have to partially agree with the bounces comment, I to did seem to notice many pucks bouncing over the Rockets sticks tonight, but puck luck or not I would just credit that to some poor ice. The Blazers played a very solid defensive game tonight, being aggressive on the PK gave the Rockets fits, forcing them to make poor passes, also a very efficient forecheck again made the Rockets look sloppy and make poor passes out of their own end. I really liked the game by Edmundson, his shorthanded goal was very nice and he was a force back on D, nice pickup by the Blazers, despite the fairly high price tag.

This will certainly be a fun run to the end of the season, Kelowna will need to turn things around and regain some confidence here or they will be passed. I don't believe the boys have necessarily peaked, just a bit of a dip in the road. Kamloops is a very solid team, 3 solid lines.

Zaner

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 10:37 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

kamloops

by kw

had a good weekend . they have a decent team and well done. it will be interesting who wins the b.c. division.

either way the winterhawks should take care of buisness and win the west.

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 1:16 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

So Regan waits 3 days to post something about the games

by KBF

And then uses fatigue as the main excuse. Exact same thing happened to Kamloops earlier this season and now they're rested up.

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 4:03 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Blazers win 3-1 over Rockets

by Jamial

Take back to back 2-0. 3 points out of first with game in hand.

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 9:25 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

sounded like a good one

by hoople head

I listened to the third, sounded like the tigers beat themselves by letting the blades back into by not staying out of the box.

Ridley is so classy. At around the 3 minute mark he and prins both saw what should have been a blades penalty and all he said was 'that's ok, let the boys decide who wins'.

-----------
[linked image]

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 8:51 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

^^don't know why steven is replying

by hoople head

As I don't open neisz posts. But I will say one more quick thing, I agree with prins, if the blades want to hang with the big dogs they'd better stop giving up all those odd man rushes. You'll get away with that cheese when you play the tigers, not when you play the big guns however...

-----------
[linked image]

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 9:00 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Blades aren't going anywhere this year ...

by CatFan

they are nowhere near the team that Edmonton is (or Portland or Kelowna either). I know they have won 11 straight and that is impressive but their defence is not good enough to win against the better teams. The Tigers let them off the hook in the third and looked tired by the end (5th game in 7 nights). That's not an excuse just a comment. We have to learn to play a full game and take stupid penalties. Oh, and do something about that awful power play!!!

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 9:22 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

We know...

by Pepper Carrot

The Blades f*cking suck.

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 9:31 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

still don't have your big boy pants on

by hoople head

'waaaa why don't you like me and my team'.

Our opinions differ from yours. That would be easier for you to swallow if your whole self worth didn't revolve around a hockey team that frankly has a history that sucks horse arse.

-----------
[linked image]

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 9:37 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Let me put in...

by longtimefan

my two cents on the topic of the Blades. First of all kudos to them for coming back tonight. The Tigers opened the door for them and they went right through. Tigers sat back to start the third, took a couple of penalties, changed the momentum of the game and the Blades took advantage. I have been a fan of this league for 40 years and have been fortunate to see 5 championship teams in Medicine Hat and I can tell you this Blades team isn't anywhere near the caliber of any of those teams now nor will they be by the end of the season. A mediocre Tiger team and a very young Moose Jaw team has given them all they could handle the last two nights. Their defence struggles when speed is thrown at them as the numerous turnovers show. Those 5 Championship teams I mentioned wouldn't struggle to win games against the teams the Blades have played the last two nights.

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 10:02 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I agree with you

by

Our team last year would have taken this blade team 4 staight.

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 10:06 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Wanna put your money where your mouth is?

by Pepper Carrot

"Those 5 Championship teams I mentioned wouldn't struggle to win games against the teams the Blades have played the last two nights."

Is that so???

March 7, 2007: Hurricanes 3 - Tigers 2
March 9, 2007: Broncos 3 - Tigers 2

The Broncos and Hurricanes were sub .500 teams that year and were able to not only give the Tigers all they could handle, but beat them as well.

SO yes, that championship team you mentioned DID at times struggle to post wins against lower seeded teams.

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 10:28 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Sure...

by longtimefan

I'll bet you the Blades won't win the Eastern conference championship nor will they win the Memorial Cup. You pick the amount.

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 10:43 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I'm in, too!

by CC

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Any of these Blades' yahoos are more than welcome to pony up ANY amount at 4:1 odds to win the MemCup. (They're so fond of spouting off about how they have a one in four chance of winning the cup...)

Who do I get?

Portland/Edmonton, Halifax, London, Rimouski????

Deal. 24/7.

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 8:38 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Well

by Studs99

All i'm saying is at the start of the year your team was given a 1 in 4 chance of winning the Mem cup you wouldn't take it? I never said they were going to win, just saying starting off with a 25% chance over every other team in the dub, O and Q is a nice position to be in. I'll be watching my team playing in the Mem Cup, will you?

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 10:17 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

buying your way in is the only way you get there

by

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 10:35 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

yup you should be pleased

by hoople head

I suppose. I'm not one to believe that being there as host means squat but I'm in a (vocal) minority on that one. I hope you enjoy the experience.

However lets get things straight, saying the blades have a 1 in 4 shot at the memorial cup is outright wrong. That's the same as saying that the leafs or flames have a 1 in 30 shot at the stanley cup at the beginning of the season. They might be one in thirty teams but the vegas odds on either of those clubs would be nowhere near one in thirty. I think that the blades have really brought themselves back to respectability, pretty close to where you'd want to see a host club at right now. Like others I don't believe they are championship material but they've managed to get themselves to a point where they won't be a laughing stock anymore.

-----------
[linked image]

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 3:51 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

CorrectoMundo, Squire Hoople.................

by CHIEFS-COP

An example from just one of several Vegas oddsmakers, as of today-

Here are the LVH's updated odds to win the 2013 Stanley Cup, with preseason odds in parentheses:

ODDS TO WIN 2012-2013 STANLEY CUP

BLACKHAWKS 5-1 (10-1)

PENGUINS 6-1 (8-1)

BRUINS 6-1 (12-1)

RANGERS 10-1 (8-1)

CANUCKS 10-1 (10-1)

KINGS 14-1 (9-1)

SHARKS 14-1 (25-1)

DEVILS 16-1 (30-1)

BLUES 16-1 (16-1)

DUCKS 16-1 (30-1)

RED WINGS 25-1 (12-1)

FLYERS 25-1 (15-1)

PREDATORS 25-1 (25-1)

SABRES 30-1 (20-1)

LIGHTNING 30-1 (25-1)

SENATORS 40-1 (40-1)

OILERS 40-1(40-1)

COYOTES 40-1 (40-1)

WILD 40-1 (30-1)

*** MAPLE LEAFS 50-1 (40-1)***

STARS 50-1 (40-1)

CANADIENS 50-1 (40-1)

HURRICANES 50-1 (30-1)

CAPITALS 60-1 (30-1)

ISLANDERS 60-1 (100-1)

JETS 100-1 (60-1)

PANTHERS 100-1 (40-1)

AVALANCHE 100-1 (40-1)

*** FLAMES 100-1 (100-1) ***

BLUE JACKETS 300-1 (300-1)

[linked image]

CHIEFS-COP

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 4:54 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I will take a piece of that how much

by

no way they win even 1 game .

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 10:34 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

how bout

by Studs99

$145.76....your life savings.

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 11:27 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

that would be more than your welfare check nm

by

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 12:17 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Welfare Check Lesson.....

by T.K.O.

Welfare Check - What Is a Police Welfare Check?

Considerations:
Family members and friends sometimes become worried about the well-being of a person in their lives. They get concerned after an individual is not heard from or seen for a period of time.

Identification
A police welfare check occurs when a report is made to law enforcement about an individual who may be in some sort of peril, usually in that person's residence.

Welfare CHEQUE:

[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 2:56 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

the comment

by Pepper Carrot

Was made in reference to the Championship Tiger team not having struggles against lower seeded teams. All teams have struggles and will lose games. Most of these kids have very similar training schedules and in alot of cases its just a little bit of extra natural talent that puts one player ahead of another. Doesn't mean its any easier, every team still has to give their best efforts night in and night out to win.

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 10:34 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Your comment was...

by longtimefan

"Wanna put your money where your mouth is" I'm willing to based on my comment after yours,and it appears others are as well, question is are you. Just how confident are you the Blades can win the Eastern Conference. Blades are a decent team but given the amount of 19 year olds and overagers they should be a great team, and frankly they aren't. I think they have some defensive issues and watching them last night didn't change my mind. They are going as far as Makarov can carry them, just how far is that we'll have to wait and see.

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 11:44 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

holding your breath

by hoople head

I hope you're not doing it in this case. Because if you expect him to take you up I think you'll be waiting awhile.

It's just not good for you to go that long without breathing. I think the reason pep is the way he is can be attributed to holding his breath waiting for the blades to get out of the second round.

-----------
[linked image]

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 3:56 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

disagree

by hoople head

"We have to learn to play a full game and take stupid penalties."

No it sounded to me like they know full well how to take stupid penalties. Had they just stayed out of the box, the streak would be over. Easily.

Everytime someone says that the blades are barely squeaking out wins it gets dismissed as trolling and eventually deleted. That's nothing but horsesh1t. The blades are barely squeaking out wins. I don't know why but the hockey gods sure are favouring them. Maybe it's to make up for alot of games early in the season that could have went their way.

It seems to me that on this 12 game streak they are playing more like 8-3-1 sort of hockey. I'm not sure why but the hockey gods are smiling on them. In the end it only matters what they do when the post season starts.

-----------
[linked image]

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 9:34 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

No, the hockey gods arent winning the games... the BLADES are winning the games

by Pepper Carrot

The players are working their asses off to put up a respectable season despite a horrible start. They know they got a free pass to the Cup but they come out and play for pride. They play for eachother, imagine what their record would be without the god aweful beginning. These kids are working their tails off coming from behind to win and keep the streak alive on multiple occasions.

You have proven yourself to be nothing but a miserable troll. Give a team credit when they deserve it - no wait, you dont even have to do that, how about shutting up about them when theyre doing good? I hate KBF more than anything, but i have no problem giving the BLazers the credit they deserve for their strong effort so far. THATS how you can tell a troll from a hockey fan. Get a life Hoople.

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 9:45 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Blades can barely beat rebuilding teams nm

by

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 9:49 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

outscored the Hitmen 10-0 so far...

by Pepper Carrot

And beat the Raiders 7-1 in their last meeting.

Despite that, a WIN is a WIN. DOnt matter if its by 1 goal or 5. If a team can bare down and grab the win, THATS what matters.

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 9:51 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

yes everyone who disagrees with you is a troll

by hoople head

Can we just agree with that so we don't have to go through the same boring spiel every single time?

As longtime said, the tigers opened the door and the blades walked through it. That takes a certain amount of fortitude. More than that while I said they are not playing 12-0 type hockey I did say they are playing 8-3-1 type of hockey. So despite what you read through your paranoid/bipolar homer glasses is not 'boy do those blades suck' but in fact what I've said, and what I've been saying all along is 'the blades are playing well but they are not looking like world beaters to me'.

The consensus all over is that the blades are not playing like a championship caliber club right now. Simple fact.

-----------
[linked image]

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 10:20 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I meant not take stupid penalties...

by CatFan

just a typo obviously

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 10:42 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I should have put a smiley there or something

by hoople head

I got your meaning. happy.gif

-----------
[linked image]

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 10:43 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

caught the game

by GoCanada

Three factors were the difference. Saskatoon defence was allowed to obstruct, manhandle, interfere with the tigers attack. Second, medicine hat goaltending was inferior. Three, clouston plays koules way too much and his beligerence on the bench is haywire as a coach. It has to be a major distraction to the troops. How does this guy keep his frickin job?

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 9:57 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Ridley made it sound

by hoople head

like makarov stopped volk and shinkaruk at point blank range a few times. Rids made it sound like he was a huge difference maker.

That guy can be a real world beater but when he gets cold he gets ice cold.

-----------
[linked image]

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 10:22 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Ridley made it sound

by GoCanada

Agreed that he was in that he was better than the other guy in orange. But the tigers seem to play in a panic. I think cloustons rage has a bearing. Makarov robbed shinkaruk late in the game but valks goal was weak. The tigers seem to be very scrambly. Clouston is ina constant state of rage. No way his team can go far withthat type of psycho intensity and he wears his guysout badly.

Posted on Feb 17, 2013, 2:00 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Sports Talk MORONS, (Sekares etc) who never did anything athletic, and hold onto myths..

by T.K.O.

"They need a right handed Dman"....a "Centre Man with a Right Hand Shot" ~ like you would pass up on a superior player, because his dexterity doesn't match your (imaginary)needs.( "I love that Ray Bourque kid, but it's really too bad that he shoots Left")

There has been a ton of Left hand shots play RW, but not many RHS play LW, which wouldn't make much sense, other than there are more LHS Centremen, to get you the puck..you are automatically in a SLIGHTLY better position to shoot/score,as you are 6 feet or so closer to the Center of the ice...same with a Dman, playing his "supposed" off-side.

Then to really simplify things, and STFU most of these dumb***** who pontificate all day long, about S**T they have never done, AND KNOW NOTHING ABOUT is THIS:

"The Soviets were the most dominant team of all time in international play. The team won nearly every world championships and Olympic tournament between 1954 and 1991 held by the International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF)".

***AT THE 1984 CANADA CUP THE SOVIETS SENT A TEAM WHOSE PLAYERS ALL SHOT WITH LEFT-HANDED STICKS***

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 6:32 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

thern we are priveleged to....

by bobloblaw17

listen to two fat has-been football linemen opine about the Cooke incident or any other play for Gods sake. Please stop the madness.
Next we have all the media that were running Luongo out of town, then screaming at the club for not trading him, now are running poll questions based on keeping the player...

Too bad the sheep don't see what they are grazing on...

ISLANDERS

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 7:01 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

LOL...Bolob..where can WE get jobs like that?

by T.K.O.

just make up Shite as you go along...rules and facts be damned

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 7:10 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

here...

by bobloblaw17

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 7:28 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Problem is...as usual...

by bobloblaw17

Canucks ignore local lads, they like college boys... also Canucks poor drafting is tradition. Its what they are.

Who else who make their first round pick walk up in crutches?

Now Gillis is drafting overage players, thats right, guys who have been passed over multiple times.

But the sheep keep grazing...

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 7:44 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Whats going on in Portland?

by bobloblaw17

Game delayed due to sunshine?

I haven't been to the Coliseum in a few years, but isn't the inner bowl enclosed and seperate from the outer glass part of the building?

Anyone have a picture of this?

ISLANDERS

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 3:22 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Whats going on in Portland?

by Anonymoose

Curtains are drawn down. Glass windows all around.

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 3:58 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

thanks...

by bobloblaw17

Forgot about the curtains...

ISLANDERS

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 4:01 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

They dropped the curtains today.....

by DfnsMn69

And rather than being overcast and rainy the sun came out....

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 4:58 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

cool...

by bobloblaw17

thanks for the pic, didn't even notice the curtains when I was there for night games...

ISLANDERS

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 6:26 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

My personal preference...

by DfnsMn69

Is when they have the curtains down for night games.. happened a couple times last year because they lift mechanism broke after a daylight game and they couldn't get them back up.... Something really cool about the skyline lights showing through the glass palace... I will agree with some that the VMC is no longer the pinnacle of it's former glory but it is a damn cool barn and I look forward to seeing the rest of the renovations once completed.

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 8:27 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Colton Yellow-Horn making the most of his shot in the AHL

by Pepper Carrot

4 points in 3 games so far! Not bad for his first go in the AHL. Ive always been a fan of his and i hope he continues to strive in the "A" and possibly get an even bigger shot.

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 1:29 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

ya...

by bobloblaw17

I hope he continues to STRIVE too. WTF is strive? Is there a secret loonie toon langauge you clowns use?

ISLANDERS

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 2:37 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

English 101

by CC

"Ive always been a fan of his and i hope he continues to strive in the "A" and possibly get an even bigger shot."

Too easy.

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 2:51 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I can't for the life of me understand

by hoople head

Why anyone would be a fan of his. Slow, big mouthed, piss poor work ethic and dove like crazy. Man he could score though.

Still I hope he defies the odds and makes the NHL.

-----------
[linked image]

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 4:22 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

The Brocket Rocket

by Pepper Carrot

Was a very fun player to watch and was/is very creative in the offensive zone. Thats why im a fan of his. I dont know anything about a poor work ethic, he seemed to work hard enough to score when i watched him. Dont know about the big mouth thing, was this in an interview or can you hear him on the ice?

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 9:35 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I didn't know

by hoople head

That anyone outside tri/lethbridge liked that guy.

No I don't know what he was saying but if you ever watched the games whenever there was a linesmen around his mouth was going non-stop. And yeah he always found himself at the right part of the ice to score but rarely hustled to back check.

I mean really, do you need me to give exact quotes of what he was saying? I don't know what dorsett was saying but his mouth never stopped either.

Also yellow would drop like he got shot from the grassy knoll every time someone looked at him funny. When baldwin caught him with that knee on knee and he had to be helped off the ice the fans were literally booing him because he spent so much time embellishing.

All in all I would categorize him as impossible to like. But that was just me. And alot of other folks too.

-----------
[linked image]

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 10:38 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Spell check

by Studs99

langauge = language. Before you beak a guy about a word, learn how to spell the others that make up your useless post. Thanks.

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 3:12 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Well of course you understand...

by bobloblaw17

Local loonie toonese. I thought Newfie was strange...

ISLANDERS

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 3:20 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

go kelowna

by kw

get a win tonight and keep your lead on the blazers. you have a good home record and while i doubt you get the top spot in the west,it would be nice for the blazers to finish behind you and posssibly face you with home ice advantage in the second round.

i hope the rockets and the blazers split all their remaining games and the hawks draw away in the west standings.

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 11:47 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Portland Phones it In on T.V.

by Blackhawks18

way to go guys... way to play like **** against a team you have dominated all year long..

I especially enjoyed how crappy Carruth played... lol...

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 10:08 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Carruth

by

was hardly the biggest problem. You can put a couple of those goals on him (that fifth was a brutal rebound), but ultimately the entire team sucked, and other than singling out the guys who actually showed effort (Kopeck, Leier, Leipsic, Bjorkstrand, De Leo), you can't really point a finger at any one player and say they were the problem; it was a team effort by all measures.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 10:12 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

disagree

by Blackhawks18

Yes, tonight was a lot of team issues..but 4 of those goals were bad positioning... slow reactions..or just plain fluff. Yes, jones...petan...rattie were off.. some others to. But ill lay the bulk of it on mac..thats just how i see it

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 10:37 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Just a preview of what's going to happen in the playoffs

by D'Squarius Green Jr.

Enjoy getting knocked out early

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 10:21 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Portlands weekness

by Richlandfan

I think Tri has finally figured out a weakness in Portland. All you need to do is play your backup goalie. Tri has beaten Portland twice this season. that doesn't sound like much but considering Portland has only lost 9 games this season I would say it is significant. Both games Portland came out looking good but kind of packed it in half way through the game.

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 2:29 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Blazers dominate Rockets tonight

by KBF

They are now 4-2 against the Rockets this season. 10-1 in their last 11 games, and are showing their depth when it counts. Other than Myles Bell being the cutie he is trying to pick fights with guys who would get straight up smacked by Lipon or Edmundson, and Sissons getting his lunch fed to him by Lipon, hopefully the Rockets have a tad more sense tommorow night and try to pick battles they can actually win.

Kelowna have they peaked? 0-3 in the last 2 weekends in what were considered big games.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 9:30 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

"Kelowna have they peaked?" - KBF....NO ~ they have Valleyed...

by T.K.O.

Valley 1. An elongated lowland between ranges of mountains, hills, or other uplands, often having a river or stream running along the bottom

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 10:02 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

No River

by Rocketfuel

Just a massive lake.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 10:11 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

They are going to valley themselves....

by bcdfan

into 3rd place if they can't beat the teams in front of them. KBF is right, a little harsh perhaps, a hugh series with Portland and they came away with egg all over their faces, at home no less. Now it turns out this home and home with Kamloops turns out to be just as important, more imporant as a matter of fact. They need a win tomorrow night, if for nothing else to get some confidence back.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 11:11 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Wow I really like Portland's black jersey.

by Spokanesth

It makes them look different than the Chicago Blackhawks. Also glad to see Bertaggia back in a Chiefs uniform. They need another threat on the ice. Can't wait to watch the Portland vs Spokane game online Monday and the Tri game on TV tomorrow night.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 8:07 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I really like how Portland played tonight

by Flaxon-Waxon

Get destroyed by a goalie making his first WHL start.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 9:38 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Erm, what?

by

First, they were hardly "destroyed" by Trombley; he made a couple good saves in the first, and was hardly pressured at all after that by a Portland team that looked like they would rather be watching The Bachelor. In fact, Trombley looked pretty terrible the last two periods, leaving multiple rebounds out that a lethargic Portland team didn't/couldn't capitalize on. So no, Trombley wasn't the reason Tri-City won, not by a long shot.

Second, giving credit to Tri-City for coming to play and showing great speed on the forecheck, Portland straight up played themselves out of the game tonight. Passing was awful, the forecheck was an after-thought, and too many guys were coasting.

These games happen, and T.C. just happened to be the team we were facing. Like the idiots hooting and hollering outside after the game (stay classy!) acting like they'd just swept us in a series, I'll just note that making a big deal out of this game is about as dumb as it gets.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 10:08 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Erm, what?

by cranky

a portland suggesting another team's fans to be classy...you should address that comment to several portland poster's appearing ad nauseum on this forum

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 8:13 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Umm...the Black Jerseys SUCK...

by T.K.O.

Delete that again,and I'll post it 100 times in a row. In MY OPINION, they SUCK

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 9:58 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

The hawkeye logo

by

is what needs to go. I've disliked that theme since they brought it on, and still do. The rest of the jersey looks pretty decent (I actually own one). With that said, I wish they would just go back to the classic black third - it's one of the best designs in hockey anywhere (I'll even go so far as to say in sports in general).

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 10:10 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Okay..Winterhawks03..good explanation...you like em, that's cool, but if I think they suck

by T.K.O.

and some goof deletes that comment, then Hulk Smashes

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 11:00 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Follow up to Alec Baer (Signs with Giants - Considering the situation best case)

by N. W. Bruin

The forum that forum members attacked him for even checking out the Giants recently likely played a part to this but not totally.

Giants Sign Alec Baer

The Vancouver Giants are proud to announce the signing of the #1 rated player Alec Baer from Minnesota to a WHL Player Agreement.

Baer started the season with Benilde-St. Margaret's, one of the best high school teams in the state of Minnesota. Alec Baer was rated as the #1 Freshman in Minnesota by Western College Hockey SB Nation.

The 5'9", 150lb St. Louis Park native played for the Red Knights as a freshman and had 5 goals and 11 assists (16 points) in 19 games with Benilde-St. Margaret's.

"We are extremely excited to have Alec join our team and we are hoping to have him in the line up before the end of the season," said Giants' Executive Vice President & General Manager, Scott Bonner. "He will be a great addition to the Giants. Having Alec sign with us is a big step in the right direction for the team."In his 2011-12 season, Baer played varsity hockey as an eighth grader for St. Louis Park High where he tallied 27 points (13 goals and 14 assists) in just 23 games and tied the St. Louis Park team lead with five game-winning goals.

Baer participated in the Giants' Rookie Training Camp last August and finished camp as the leading scorer. The numbers Baer put up at camp haven't been seen at a Giants' camp since Gilbert Brule.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 3:25 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Another win for the Good Guys!!

by T.K.O.

[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 3:29 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

5'9 150lbs

by hoople head

I can just hear it now...

"How come he doesn't hit like Lucic... waaaa"

-----------
[linked image]

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 4:13 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

LOL~Brule was listed at 5'10" 155,Iginla was too small to be drafted,Lucic was too awkward

by T.K.O.

Ater the top few picks, the Bantam draft is a crapshoot

Brule never got any taller, but hit like THIS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMQInM3AAjg

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 4:21 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

"Ater the top few picks,"

by

Figured it out finally have you? Because for the last few years you guys have been calling for don hay's head because the forwards don't play like lucic and the defense aren't like fistric.

------------

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 5:57 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Don't know why Coach Hay was mentioned...he doesn't pick the players,and you can't teach

by T.K.O.

size, other than in the Weight Room. If there is a problem, it's with Scouting, and the GM. Even back in the day, picking Fistric #3,and Brule #1 didn't require much "scouting",and Kane,although he played in their backyard wasn't picked until #19.

Draft position is something, especially in the first 2 rounds, but picking Wright, and Bouma 1-2, becomes Sward and Belerieve a few years later? Is 'scouting' a LOT of dumb luck, or are they targeting the wrong type of player?

The game in the Dub has become softer & smaller, but WHY??? ~ the last time I checked, Chara is still 6'9" 255, Lucic 6'3" 225, and the Stanley Cup Champions are littered with guys 242, 204, 208, 225, 234, 227,219, and their SMALLEST forward is 191 ~ Their D goes 212, 220, 217, 232, 206, 217, 219, and a miniscule 199. Smaller = Faster = B****hit. Where are all these little (light) Dub guys gonna go? Gallagher put on, according to him, some 15 lbs in the WEIGHT ROOM over the summer, and guess what?...that makes him Bigger, Stronger AND Faster.

FORCE = mass x rate of change of velocity.

There are still a few guys like Ferland, last year Mcilrath etc....just none on the Giants

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 4:21 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I thought you had figured it out

by hoople head

I guess you haven't though...

Simple, kids who are 200lbs+ that can skate go in the first 6 odd bantam selections typically. Those teams that actually compete rather than phone it in get the rest. From there you can have skill, you can have speed, and you can have size but you get to pick one. The best you can do is grab smaller guys like gallagher and hope his heart is bigger than his size. That's why the tigers have been icing teams of smurfs. Personally I'd prefer a smaller team that has skill than a bench full of plugs.

I don't know what the issue is with the giants. The fact is that the tigers have been good for alot longer than the g-men but they aren't playing for lottery balls. The ice have been good for longer than both and they're also playing for a playoff spot, not lottery balls. Simply put if you're playing for lottery balls there's something rotten in the state of denmark. Calgary landed virtanen because kisio sold the farm one too many times. Good organizations go through peaks and valleys but rarely dig trenches.

-----------
[linked image]

Posted on Feb 16, 2013, 9:27 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Little vid of Baer #21

by T.K.O.

http://telly.com/NK6AO

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 3:43 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Follow up to Alec Baer (Signs with Giants - Considering the situation best case)

by ManFromCouv

We're coming back, folks, we're coming back. Hear the Juggernaut, See the Juggernaut, Be the Juggernaut.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
[linked image]

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 4:01 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Follow up to Alec Baer (Signs with Giants - Considering the situation best case)

by T.K.O.

http://www.snappytv.com/snaps/goal-alec-baer-scores-for-benilde-st-margarets-to-make-th-about-elk-river-vs-benilde-st-margarets-on-fox-sports-north-prep-zone

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 4:26 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Excellent

by

the idiotic NCAA fanboys can suck on it for lambasting a guy who was simply checking out his options.

Way to turn it into a self-fulfilling prophecy, nimrods.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 10:17 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Exactly WH03~give us more players (that's what I meant by "the good guys")NOT just Giants

by T.K.O.

no such message

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 11:08 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Calvin Pickard called up to Avalanche

by Tipped Off

Cody Nickolet @WHLFromAbove

As per @coreypronman, the Avalanche have recalled G Calvin Pickard from the Lake Erie Monsters.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 11:18 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Good for him

by Bohonos16

Hope he gets some ice time. Loved watching him. Even against my Hawks lol

A shot took of him...
Pickard save

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 1:13 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Class Act

by portlandfan1

I always enjoyed watching Calvin play against the hawks, he's a awesome goalie, best of luck to him in the pros.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 6:29 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Well on the bright side....

by DfnsMn69

At least Calvin is used to playing on a team with sub-par defense and an anemic offense... And it hurts to say that as an Av's fan...

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 11:13 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Kelowna/Kamloops - This is it

by Blackhawks

I think this is the weekend where you guys prove your place in the playoffs... back to back home/home games... that's going to be HUGE. Good luck to both teams... should be a fun weekend to watch as fans of either team.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 8:53 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Will be a great weekend

by KBF

Kelowna has been great the last couple months, Kamloops has quietly gotten back on track with 9 wins in their last 10 games. Will be a weekend split though. Kamloops wins 5-3 tonight and lose 3-2 in Kelowna tommorow night.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 2:52 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Good call

by Rocketfuel

Looks like the Blazers are taking this one tonight, tomorrow night is even bigger now.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 9:26 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Myles Bell

by KBF

While after his incident a few years ago I don't think much of him but pretty crazy that making a full position switch and putting up the points he has with ease. Crazy. One talented mofo.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 9:31 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

OHL Practice

by Pierre

How teams in the OHL practice with style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTSN4iZ1jwE&feature=player_embedded

Posted on Feb 14, 2013, 9:54 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

wtf?

by SWB

Well this is certainly my vote for "WTF post of the day".

I'm not sure what I'm looking at here. Color me baffled

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 3:52 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

It's the latest craze...

by Fight Guy

I'm still not sure what the deal is with it yet, but there's a whole whack of vids all over the net by all sorts of different groups. Some are pretty funny. This one was more chaotic looking than others I've seen!

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 8:07 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

stupid really nm

by

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 9:36 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

haha absolutley

by KBF

nm

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 9:38 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

University of Guelph

by JrEh

Look at the #hits in a week. The internet...slowly killing all our brain cells...one mindless youtube video after another.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr6K3I8XLD

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 10:58 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

try this!

by JrEh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr6K3I8XLDE

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 11:51 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Kelowna goes into locker room after two periods up 2-0. They come out for 3rd it's 2-1

by Tipped Off

8 minute video review between periods revealed Oslanski shot went clean through the net with :27 seconds to go in 2nd. No other stoppages happened until the buzzer....so teams play 27 seconds of 2nd period before they start the third.

Kelowna went on to score on a 5 on3 and it's 3-1 now.

just thought it was wierd enough to post.

Posted on Feb 14, 2013, 9:22 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hockey News article on Kale Clague

by N. W. Bruin

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/kale-clague-prepares-whl-step-200000767--spt.html;_ylt=AlBXjP5roit_BJZxEr01h1IISAU6;_ylu=X3oDMTR2cjlxc3UxBG1pdANMSVNUUyBNaXhlZCBMaXN0IEpVTklPUkhPQ0tFWSBIZWFkbGluZXMEcGtnA2I1YTU5ZjM2LWUxNTUtMzVkNC05YmU4LWU0NGFkYWU1YzAxYQRwb3MDMQRzZWMDTWVkaWFCTGlzdE1peGVkTFBDQVRlbXAEdmVyA2Y3NWU3Y2EwLTc2ZTEtMTFlMi05NmY2LTVlOWQ0NWU5YzdhNA--;_ylg=X3oDMTJwaXBzY29oBGludGwDY2EEbGFuZwNlbi1jYQRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANqdW5pb3Job2NrZXl8d29ybGRqdW5pb3Job2NrZXljaGFtcGlvbnNoaXBzBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

Kale Clague prepares for WHL step

By Ryan Kennedy | The Hockey News 1 hour 0 minutes agoEmail0Related ContentView PhotoKale Clague currently plays with the Lloydminster Heat of the AMBL
Its the earliest of the three major junior drafts and the only one that sees players wait a full season before joining their CHL teams, but theres always intrigue when it comes to the Western League bantam draft and this year is no exception. Two players have distinguished themselves at the top of the pile and both are record-breakers.

Up front, theres Edmontons Ty Benson, who turned heads when he broke Ty Ratties mark for points in a season in the Alberta Major Bantam League when he eclipsed the St. Louis Blues prospects 131 points by notching 57 goals and 146 points in 33 games. Meanwhile, Kale Clague was breaking down barriers of his own with the Lloydminster Heat in the same circuit. Clague stole the defenseman scoring crown from Toronto Maple Leafs captain Dion Phaneuf, finishing his campaign with 35 goals and 77 points in 33 games (Phaneuf had 65).

If you find yourself as the top-scoring defenseman in that league, breaking the record set by a player who became a top-10 NHL pick, all those facts give you all the information you need, said Tyler Boldt, the WHLs manager of player development and recruitment. That league produces more WHLers than any other league.

I had a chance to interview Clague over the summer while he took part in a prospects camp organized by his agency, CAA Hockey, in Los Angeles. The hype surrounding him was already beginning to take shape, but the youngster was level-headed about the whole process.

I just want to think about working hard and getting bigger and having a great season, he said. Well see what happens when the draft comes.

Well, the great season happened, thats for sure. While Benson is reportedly considering a bid to become the first player granted exceptional status to enter the WHL a season early, insiders say the team almost assuredly picking first, the Vancouver Giants, havent made it obvious that the big forward is their guy just yet. But whether he goes first, second or elsewhere, Clague has the skills teams covet.

As a defenseman, how good a skater he is and how he plays at high speeds with the puck is impressive, Boldt said. He skates well, but he does everything.

And while Clague broke a record held by fellow western boy Phaneuf, the Heat star looks further east for his favorite player.

The guy I like to model my game after is Drew Doughty, he said of the Ontario native. Hes an offensive guy and all-around great player in my eyes.

Though it might seem wild that a player as young as Clague has an agent already, the Alberta native had a peer in Los Angeles in Montreal blueliner Michael Campoli and big-name player reps were coming at Clague and his family when he was still 12. Signing on to a reputable firm such as CAA means the youngster doesnt have to worry about other agents constantly making their pitches; he can simply focus on hockey. And for Clague, that means honing all areas of his game.

Im an offensive defenseman, he said. I like to rush the puck and score goals, but defense is always first.

And whether or not the defenseman goes first overall, he certainly looks to have a bright future in the WHL.

THN.com's Prospect Watch focuses on up-and-comers from the AHL, Europe, major junior, the NCAA and even minor hockey destined to become big names in the NHL.

For more great prospect profiles and news and views from the world of hockey, Subscribe to The Hockey News magazine.

Also Read

@YahooEhGame on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook

Posted on Feb 14, 2013, 1:04 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Not Really WHL - Koivu and Ryan use each others sticks - Ryan scores a goal.

by Tipped Off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnLwgsIlwnM

Posted on Feb 14, 2013, 12:13 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Nevermind - this is old (2010) - I'd never seen it before...nm

by Tipped Off

nm

Posted on Feb 14, 2013, 12:17 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

No it just happened the other night

by KBF

nm

Posted on Feb 14, 2013, 12:21 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Happened Dec 12, 2010.....nm

by Tipped Off

nm

Posted on Feb 14, 2013, 12:31 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Any reason for the game misconducts in Spokane game?

by spokanesth

Just watched the video of the fight in the first period. I didn't see anything that looked out of line. Anyone know why the where both given game misconducts in the 1st period for a mutual fight?

Posted on Feb 14, 2013, 11:57 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

quite easy to understand

by hockeyfan

That was what just a couple minutes into the game, right off the face off. No longer prohibited by the league. Calls for game misconducts for both. Stupid.

Posted on Feb 14, 2013, 12:06 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Oh, it's prohibited in certain situations alright:

by

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/story/2012/09/20/sk-whl-bans-stage-fighting.html

Posted on Feb 14, 2013, 12:22 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Thanks Winterhawks03

by Spokanesth

I was unaware of that new emphasis in the WHL. I have seen so many fights off of face offs this year and this is the first GM I can remember. In the video the players were surprised as well. Thanks for making me aware of this without being a jerk.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H86iQtc7Gnk&sns=em

Posted on Feb 14, 2013, 12:56 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

It's one of those rules

by

where unless you're really paying attention to the player cues, you're probably going to be left wondering what the misconducts are all about (and that's ignoring the complete subjectivity of the matter that's left to the officials to decide).

It doesn't get called often, but 2 minutes into the game I can see why it was done.

Posted on Feb 14, 2013, 1:08 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

probably a bit different

by cranky

when the players are talking about right in front of the ref before the faceoff and then go.....

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 6:44 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hockeyfan are you kidding me?

by Spokanesth

How many NHL games have you watched this year. There have been a ton of fights on the opening face offs as soon as the puck drops without game misconducts. There is nothing in the rules that state it's a GM. "No longer prohibited " maybe you should read what you are writing before you call someone stupid. That means it is ok by your statement "stupid". Here is one of many this year.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvnm7GCmbLo&sns=em

Posted on Feb 14, 2013, 12:42 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I think you mis-interpretted

by Chief-Pilot

I think he was saying the new rule is stupid. Not you.

The NHL allows it. The WHL does not anymore and the rule is ambiguous. Discretion of the officials.

At least we don't have to watch the OHL.

Posted on Feb 14, 2013, 3:29 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

"At least we don't have to watch the OHL." - Chief-Pilot

by T.K.O.

[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 14, 2013, 3:36 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I may have mis-interpreted it

by Spokanesth

Just the way it was worded struck a nerve. I don't post on here a lot but I do read most posts. There are so much name calling and bashing that I got caught up. Sorry if that was the case. The rule is just silly and stupid, I agree.

Posted on Feb 14, 2013, 6:10 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

yeah you totally mis-interpretted

by hockeyfan

the rule is stupid... you are not. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks for clarifying Chiefs-Pilot you were spot on. Not everyone on here is a jackwagon! Definitely dont get caught up in their sh!@, I've heard its contagious and there is no cure!

Posted on Feb 14, 2013, 6:29 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Sorry hockey fan my bad. NM

by Spokanesth

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 4:37 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Forsberg talks about leaving PG

by Tipped Off

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrhockey-buzzing-the-net/alex-forsberg-side-falling-cougars-024744631.html

Posted on Feb 14, 2013, 11:39 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Forsberg talks about leaving PG

by Randy

Just another kid who didnt do the work. And he still thinks the draft is a possibility? Point a game in a verybad junior a league. Yah, should go first round. Especially since scouts like players who quit.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 7:14 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

PG

by KBF

That organization is such a **** show. They've not done one single thing to create a positive environment for their players in their entire time in Prince George. Dean Clark if you don't know him, is easily one of the most arrogant pieces of work you'll ever meet. So quit bashing this kid, you don't know the behind the scenes garbage that goes on. It's the Cougars, that alone should garner sympathy from the public.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 10:52 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Agree KBF

by S.E.F.

Forsberg made a decision that he wasn't enjoying the game and asked for a trade from PG. He is not the first kid to ask for a trade. Every team in the league has had players who have asked to be traded. You are right about Dean Clarke. I think Forsberg's leaving had a lot to do with the coaching change in PG. It openned up the eyes of PG management to make the coaching change before they had a mutiny.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 1:24 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

To add to that

by KBF

The Cougars have had more kids leave their program in recent years than anyone else yet every time the management gets away scot free from any wrong doing, and the players are the ones who get **** on. The players don't want to be there, the fans don't give a **** about the team anymore and rightfully so, and the owner doesn't give a flying you know what either. Why the hell the league doesn't pull the plug is beyond anything anyone can understand.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 2:21 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: To add to that

by Randy

Forsberg was pissed about draft rankings. 20 pounds overweight at 17 doesnt usually get you ranked. The kid is spoiled and has been spoonfed his whole life. Things got tough and blamed others. He didnt get traded because nobody wanted him.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 2:47 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Don't Like The Kid?

by S.E.F.

I disagree with your comment about nobody wanting him. I'm sure there is more to the no trade story. It may have to do with the asking price. No team is willing to give away their assets. PG was pissed and maybe decided that any or all offers were unacceptable. In any case, his leaving the team certainly had a ripple effect.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 3:14 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Seattle?

by PHawk81

They have to be close to PG in number of players requesting a trade.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 3:58 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Trades

by S.E.F.

I think you are right. Seattle has been another PG these last 7 or 8 years. But all teams have trade issues with kids. I recall a couple years ago that Craig Cunningham asked for a trade out of Vancouver in his 20 year old season. Not that he didn't like playing for the Giants, but he wanted a shot at the big prize one more time before moving on in his career, so the Giants sent him to Portland.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 4:10 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

x- Spokane Chief's Goalie Dustin Tokarski now a Hab

by Your_step_Mom

NM

Posted on Feb 14, 2013, 10:02 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hmmmmm........backing up Cary Price some day?.......nm

by

Posted on Feb 14, 2013, 5:42 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

OR

by cranky

beating him out

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 6:45 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

That sucks...

by Monkey Beast

to have to play in a shitty city like Montreal. I hope he gets traded to a better city before he becomes a regular starter.

Posted on Feb 14, 2013, 11:00 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Yeah...

by Wheatie

Who wants to play in a beautiful city for a team with the richest history and the most passionate fans in the league? Terrible, LOL.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 5:08 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

like nashville ?

by cranky

make some coaching predictions...haven't had a bowel movement in awhile

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 6:46 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

tik

by Randy

Ready right now.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013, 2:48 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

My first time on here in 7 days

by Pepper Carrot

Freshly back from Cuba(didnt wanna come home) And i see the Blades are white hot. Unfortunately i wasnt able to watch any of the games but its nice to them playing to their potential. I was sure to sport a Blades jersey in Cuba and actually ran into a Warriors fan as well. Anyone have recaps on the games or fights??? How did the 25th anniversary go???

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 14, 2013, 12:41 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Pepper

by WK Fan

It's clear you need to go back to Cuba during the Mem Cup if you want to ensure the Blades win. Sacrifice for the franchise, no i in team and all that!!!!!

Posted on Feb 14, 2013, 12:36 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Haha, no kidding eh?

by Pepper Carrot

Trust me man i wish i was still there. I did miss the hockey though.

[linked image]

Posted on Feb 14, 2013, 4:33 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

LET'S GO VANCOUVER!!!!

by Rob St.Helen

Posted on Feb 13, 2013, 7:04 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

This RingSurf Major Junior Hockey Fan Forums Net Ring
owned by Board Moderators.
[ Random Site | List Sites ]