WHL Message Board
Where fans of the WHL can talk hockey, exchange ideas and talk to fans from other cities. Keep it civil!!
PLEASE READ MESSAGE BOARD GUIDELINES BEFORE PROCEEDING.
Please direct all inquiries/comments/etc to: boardmoderators@hotmail.com. Thank you.
This board is in no way officially associated with the Western Hockey League.

Milan Lucic may be a healthy scratch tomorrow

by T.K.O.

Canucks don't have anything the Bruins need,but the Oilers sure do...just saying..no player who ever lived is immune to being traded

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/4/18/4239652/milan-lucic-healthy-scratch

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2013/04/18/milan-lucic-skates-with-bruins-healthy-scratches-in-practice/

[linked image]
"I have a slap shot harder than most Atom players" - T.K.O.

Posted on Apr 18, 2013, 2:20 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I have seen some ludicrous speculative trade rumours involving

by canesrock

the Oilers lately. Too add to the discombobulated discourse would you trade Hall or Nugent-Hopkins straight up for Lucic!

I finished that statement with an exclamation mark and not a question mark for a reason.

Figure it out.

Posted on Apr 18, 2013, 7:22 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

"would you trade Hall or Nugent-Hopkins straight up for Lucic!"

by T.K.O.

don't be stupid..they are half a decade younger. It just so happens that Mctavish mentioned a single player from another team in his "Bold moves" conference, and his name was Milan Lucic.

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 19, 2013, 10:25 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

lucic under new rules

by Randy

Just brings more of what the oilers dont need. Lumbering slugs. Looch should thank his mom and dad they had him when they did, cause he got a few years to establish his name underthe old rules. Three years later he may not even make the bchl. Did the most he could but he hasnt improved his skating a lick. Lucic is one of those awesome son of an immigrant stories of hard work, pride, toughness but almost no refinement. Just did not improve.

Posted on Apr 19, 2013, 5:04 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Well...Don Cherry is alive, but turning in his Grave...

by T.K.O.

Lucic scratched,and a Swede took his place!!

Bruins make Milan Lucic a healthy scratch

By Steve Lepore on Apr 20 2013, 12:14p @stevelepore +
STAY CONNECTED WITH SB NATION

A player who will be making no less $5.5 million a year for the Boston Bruins starting in 2013-14 will be a healthy scratch for the team today.

The Bruins came out for warmups for the game today against the Pittsburgh Penguins with out winger Milan Lucic, who has played in 41 of 42 Boston games this season. Lucic will be a healthy scratch for the matinee. It's a long road down for a player the Bruins counted on to be a key part of their Stanley Cup Championship in 2011.

Lucic has been ineffective at times during this short season, with just six goals and 18 assists in 41 games. That's unacceptable for a player who's totals the last two seasons were 30 and 26 goals, and 62 and 61 points. Lucic also begins a three-year, $18 million extension with the Bruins next season, so the team is no doubt concerned.

Much-hyped Swedish forward Carl Soderberg will play in Lucic's absence. He'll be making his NHL debut today.

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 20, 2013, 10:08 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Absolutely awesome decision

by Bob Parr

by Claude Julien to sit that slug Lucic in the press box where he belongs. He is slow, has no hockey sense whatsoever and walks around Beantown like he owns it. I hope he likes this big slice of humble pie!

Posted on Apr 20, 2013, 12:13 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Not Directly WHL: Aeros moving to Iowa, Canucks purchase AHL's Rivermen

by Tipped Off

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/18/its-official-wild-move-ahl-affiliate-to-iowa-canucks-purchase-peoria/

The purchase of the Peoria Rivermen franchise allows Canucks Sports & Entertainment to assume full control of their minor league development program, the Canucks said in a press release. No determination has been made relative to the operation of the franchise for the 2013.14 season.

Its been speculated the Canucks could move the Rivermen to Abbotsford, a Vancouver suburb currently home to Calgarys AHL affiliate.

Abbotsford has struggled to attract fans to watch the Flames farm team in a pro-Canucks market, with one notable exception: when Vancouvers AHL team from Chicago is in town.

From there, its been suggested that a domino effect would take place.

Posted on Apr 18, 2013, 1:41 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Why would the heat leave? They have the best deal in sports, they can never lose money!

by ChiefsHockey

well for 6 more years anyways.

Posted on Apr 18, 2013, 2:11 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

My disdain for Hawk fans aside

by KBF

it's going to be a great series. Portland is the favorites but they both match up well.

Posted on Apr 18, 2013, 1:37 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

It could be

by jsc

the best series in the playoffs. By a lot.

I am really looking forward to seeing these two teams go at it again. And having met Ranford last year, I am impressed with him as much off the ice as I am on with his on ice talent.

Let the good times roll!

Posted on Apr 18, 2013, 8:18 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Long time reader, first time poster

by DubFan53

Hey folks! I am a long time reader, first time poster. I never post on this website because I try to stay away from any of the name calling and bickering, and to be honest, am quite tired of it. I am a 60+ fan from Brandon, Manitoba and took it upon myself to create a forum that I can post on and have meaningful conversation with other fans of the Western League.

Everyone is welcome to come there and chat about the WHL. It is hosted on Network54 so it's not a huge leap from one forum to the other. I hope to see others on there discussing soon as well!

Take care!

- Dubfan53

Posted on Apr 17, 2013, 9:06 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

LINK?

by Darin

Posted on Apr 18, 2013, 8:15 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Oops, here it is.

by DubFan53

Hope to talk to some of you soon!

http://www.network54.com/Forum/741324/

Posted on Apr 18, 2013, 2:56 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I hate the BS that goes on here, but I smell a Pirate ploy.

by canesrock

Posted on Apr 18, 2013, 6:29 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I gaurentee I am no Pirate

by DubFan53

I created this new forum so we could have discussion with people other than those of Pirate ilk.

Posted on Apr 18, 2013, 7:06 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Reason to be suspicious

by HOMER

this has been a ploy in the past played over and over by those of that ilk. Good luck with it. IF those elements are ignored and are deleted if not banned it gets better. This all sounds very familiar and it is understandable why some are suspicious.

Posted on Apr 19, 2013, 9:27 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Such a h....

by

Sounds like you love THIS forum a bit more than the others! Biased guy!

Posted on Apr 19, 2013, 11:14 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Jon Klemm out in Spokane................

by CHIEFS-COP

Spokane Chief Assistant Coach Jon Klemm will step down from his position citing the desire to be closer to his family. Klemm, who recently finished his fourth season on the bench as the Chiefs' assistant, will return to Dallas after getting married this summer. His four teenage children live in Chicago.

"I will get more opportunities to see my kids and see my son play hockey. I haven't seen him play in three years. This move gives me flexibility in the winter months," Klemm said.

In 2009, Klemm returned to the franchise that he captained to their first Memorial Cup Championship in 1991. Spokane went 175-91-14-8 in the four seasons with Klemm as an assistant. The former defenseman was named to the franchise's Top 25 Chiefs in 25 Years during Spokane's 25th anniversary season in 2009-10.

"It has been a pleasure to work with Jon, both as a player and now as a coach. He has been fantastic for our organization," Chiefs General Manager Tim Speltz said.

"We understand and respect his decision to move and be more available for his family," Speltz added.

"I'm sad to see Jon go," Chiefs Head Coach Don Nachbaur said.

"I want to personally thank him for all the hard work with our team. He made individuals better people and players and I'm going to miss him for that. He helped develop our kids on a daily basis," Nachbaur said.

After his junior career ended as a 20-year-old in '91, Klemm played 18 seasons of professional hockey totaling 773 games in the National Hockey League with Colorado, Chicago, Dallas and Los Angeles. The Cranbrook, BC native won Stanley Cups with Colorado in 1996 and 2001.

"This was a great experience. When you're a player, and play as long as I did, to make the transition to coaching is an eye opener. As a player, you're at the rink a few hours a day and you don't realize the work that goes into it. I enjoyed my time here and learned a lot."

"It was a lot of fun to be a part of and see these kids grow, improve and get better. To be around the players and see them get to the next level was great."

Three Chiefs, defensemen Jared Spurgeon and Jared Cowen and center Tyler Johnson, are players who Klemm coached and have gone on to play in the National Hockey League.

"Personally, the playoff run a couple of years ago was a big moment. We got the best out of that group," Klemm recalled. Spokane won 48 games and finished second in the Conference standings before advancing to the Western Conference Finals in 2011.

"We just couldn't get over one little hill. That situation is what makes the game so great, the fine line between winning and losing. I thought we were successful; just fell a little bit short in the end."

The search for a replacement will begin immediately.

[linked image]

CHIEFS-COP

Posted on Apr 17, 2013, 1:56 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I think we will have two assistants next year

by Monkey Beast

I would like Rikard Gronborg to come back.

Posted on Apr 17, 2013, 9:22 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

RIP Phil Collins

by hoople head

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/04/16/richard-collins-trailer-park-boys-actor-dies_n_3092333.html

sad.gif

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

"Now you wear your skin like iron
Your breath's as hard as kerosene"

Posted on Apr 17, 2013, 12:19 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: RIP Phil Collins

by T.K.O.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4sKg18lTqw

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 17, 2013, 1:10 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Condolonces to his family and fellow Genesis band members

by Smart Alec

nm

Posted on Apr 17, 2013, 1:24 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Thankfully it wasn't Phil Collins the talented musician

by Spike

Now that would have been sad.

Posted on Apr 17, 2013, 1:40 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

It wasn't even PHIL Collins...it's RICHARD Collins...nm

by Tipped Off

nm

Posted on Apr 17, 2013, 3:56 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Yes we know

by Spike

Reading the article in the 1st post of the thread told us that.

Posted on Apr 17, 2013, 4:18 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Never was into his character

by

But RIP Philadelphia Collins.

Posted on Apr 17, 2013, 1:58 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

3 Trailer Park Boys characters passed away in the last few weeks :(

by Pepper Carrot

Philidephia Collins - Jacobs dad, bbbbbaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmm

SHitty Bill - The metal recycling man

Rita McNiel - Harvester sad.gif

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 17, 2013, 3:13 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I didn't know about sh!tty bill..

by hoople head

sad.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 17, 2013, 7:34 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Indeed it is

by Pepper Carrot

All of those characters made me laugh quite a bit(love the show) Interesting to note that they have been filming the 3rd movie for about 3 weeks now. Wonder if we'll get a chance to see Philadelphia one last time.

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 17, 2013, 8:38 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

philadelphia collins

by Randy

Loved his sons. "Green eggs and haaaaaaaaaaaam"

Posted on Apr 17, 2013, 9:36 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

a huge loss

by Some_Arrogant_Jerk

literally

Posted on Apr 17, 2013, 5:07 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

2013 WHL PLAYOFFS LIVE ON SHAW

by T.K.O.

2013-04-16

CALGARY, AB - Ron Robison, Commissioner of the Western Hockey League, and SHAW Communications announced today that the entire 2013 Husky WHL Eastern Conference Championship series between the Edmonton Oil Kings and Calgary Hitmen will be televised LIVE on SHAW on Channel 304 and SHAW Direct Channel 299 throughout Western Canada.

During the Conference Championship series the WHL on SHAW will feature the play-by-play of Dan Russell, colour commentary from Bill Wilms, Peter Loubardias with analysis, and Jordan Greenly and Alanna Nolan serving as rink side hosts. SHAWs WHL Central and host Andy Neal will continue to provide exclusive features, news and highlights from around the WHL, including the Kal Tire WHL Western Conference Championship series.
The following is the schedule for the Edmonton Oil Kings Calgary Hitmen best-of-seven Husky WHL Eastern Conference Championship Series:

EDMONTON vs. CALGARY
All games Live on SHAW
Game 1 - Thursday Apr 18 7:00pm Calgary at Edmonton
Game 2 - Friday Apr 19 7:00pm Calgary at Edmonton
Game 3 - Tuesday Apr 23 7:00pm Edmonton at Calgary
Game 4 - Wednesday Apr 24 7:00pm Edmonton at Calgary
Game 5 - Friday Apr 26 7:00pm Calgary at Edmonton *
Game 6 - Sunday Apr 28 4:00pm Edmonton at Calgary *
Game 7 - Tuesday Apr 30 7:00pm Calgary at Edmonton *
*If Necessary

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 17, 2013, 8:18 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Point cut after scoring 2 and 1 in Shootout

by warr2

In a 5-4 pre tournament game win. Hard to make the under 18 team as a under age but don't think he could do much more. Good experience though

Posted on Apr 17, 2013, 7:08 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

WHL message boards?

by

As much fun that I have reading (and not posting) the posts on this board.......is there ANY other WHL boards that someone can direct me to that doesn't have the morons that post BS just to post BS. There are a lot of great posts on here that get diluted because of a handful of idiots. If these idiots (and you know who you are) would actually contribute to the human race and actually talk about something relevant to the sport we ALL live and breathe, this board would be pretty effin good. I know there are gonna be heated conversations between fans.....that's fine, I personally love it. But the crap they/you post JUST to piss other posters off is just infantile at best. So again, are there any other boards that have actual conversations/discussions about HOCKEY without these posters who know nothing about the sport and post crap just to get attention because they don't get it through any other way other than hiding behind the keyboard? And with that......let the fools respond as fools, as I do expect......Thank you to all the posters with relevant posts to the WHL and the game of hockey on this board.

Posted on Apr 16, 2013, 8:26 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Oh Mr High and Mighty

by

It's a collective thing. I love how so many of the little minions on here try and act so superior like their **** doesn't stink and don't contribute to the garbage on this forum. And to answer your question there's nothing. Whlfans is dead and won't be revising any time.

Posted on Apr 17, 2013, 12:11 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Response

by

The tone of your message is proving their point.

Posted on Apr 17, 2013, 7:44 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

good post bm

by kw

but i hope you folks ban kbf for good as he brings very little hockey and a lot of shame to this forum.

i feel sorry for the folks who live in kamloops to have this poster as supposedly speaking for their city.

your post bm speaks volumes as you pointed out.

Posted on Apr 17, 2013, 4:19 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

speaking of the problem...

by hawkeyrules

here he is...

I too would love to have a forum where flowers grow around every corner and people stick to objective, mature thoughts. But I haven't seen one yet - on any website, about any topic. When people are allowed to be anonymous and hide behind their computer, shenanigans ensue. The only time it works is when people know one another and then they are socially accountable for their actions.

There is always an abundance of overgrown 8th graders in the audience with severe social disorders that choose to exercise their freedom of speech. Speaking of which, back to my first paragraph.

Posted on Apr 17, 2013, 6:26 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

maybe I will start one

by Rob St.Helen

for those who really like to chat about hockey and not BS

Posted on Apr 17, 2013, 6:40 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

try this

by Marsh25

WHLfans.ca

Posted on Apr 17, 2013, 6:42 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: WHL message boards?

by Chiefaholic

Try WHLfans.ca

Posted on Apr 17, 2013, 7:25 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Board mods.......

by leftybch

I just read the guidelines for using this site, again. I'm wondering why they aren't enforced. The obviously most hurtful offenses lie in the personal attacks upon posters perpetrated by only one or two miscreants. I would like to respectfully request that these offenders be permanently banned from this forum.

Posted on Apr 16, 2013, 5:05 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Makes you wonder huh?

by Rob St.Helen

It is what it is ....

Posted on Apr 17, 2013, 7:37 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Willie Desjardins

by mhtfan

http://theahl.com/stars-desjardins-honored-as-coach-of-the-year-p183247

way to go Willie!!!! Glad to see you are doing well.

Posted on Apr 16, 2013, 12:59 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Visiting Fans ... Different Perspectives

by faxpl

Hello folks ... I don't post on here often - but I just thought I would offer a couple of extreme and different perspectives in how a couple of posters view fans of the "other" team when they come to the "rivals" rink.

My take - I am a fan of the Portland Winterhaws and here is how I would view a couple / duo of Kamloops "jersey wearing" fans this weekend who made the long trek to support their favorite team.

I would view them as what they are - VISITORS and GUESTS of the State of Oregon and City of Portland. In addition, I would realize that by purchasing their tickets, they are also financially helping the team that I support - the Winterhawks in this case.

Let's take a closer look at this visiting duo and the financial impact that they might make -

Four hockey tickets (two per game) - a minimum of $100

Two nights stay at a Portland hotel - probably a minimum of $150

Meals at local establihsments during the weekend - a minimum of $100

Now...let's say these Blazer fans decide to spend Saturday morning shopping at the local mall or one-of-a-kind bookstore (Powells) in order to take advantage of Oregon's NO sales tax policy ... maybe drop a couple hundred

Add in a tank of gas and some snacks on their way out of town to the tune of $50 -

That couple could easily contribute $500 - $700 to the local economy. If five duos from "Little Montreal" make the trip ... could be three or four thousand pumped into the local economy.

My basic take ... treat the "rival" fans for what they are - visitors and guests.

Now... let's take a look at a differing opinion -

This was posted on the Hawks forum recently - "If any of you clowns (Hawks posters) made the trip (up to Kamloops) and got harassed, it would be applauded by everyone around the league and well deserved - bunch of paranoid freaks"

The author of this "brilliant statement" ... you guessed it - KBF

So....I'm just curious - what point of view do you prefer

**PS #1 - NO...I don't work for the chamber of commerce or Oregon Tourism Board

**PS #2 - If you have travelled to the Rose City to support your team and been the victim of some less than stellar behaviour ... shame on my fellow Hawks fans**

Posted on Apr 16, 2013, 10:36 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

RE: Visiting Fans ... Different Perspectives

by KreatinshadowS

Where is the "like" button? Nice post faxpl! I used to post "opinions" of my own on here and have been thrashed by most of the "regulars" we all know who they are....so I don't post. Plain and simple. I would rather read and laugh at the petty BS. But I really enjoy reading your posts. No BS with you. I have been a season ticket holder with the Tips for 8 of the 10 years and thoroughly enjoy ALL of the visiting fans. I've actually invited a group of 15 T-Birds fans to my home after the game for a late winter/late night B.B.Q., bonfire and beer. Had a great time! My opinion is, a fan of another hockey team is still a fan of hockey! Regardless of the team its still all hockey talk! Great post! But I think two days in another city to watch hockey would cost me and my wife WAY more than $700..... I gotta include the liquid money spent at the game, liquid establishments after the games and the transportation to get back to the hotel. I think your average is spot on tho!

Posted on Apr 16, 2013, 5:21 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Thanks....

by faxpl

Thank you for the kind words .... you are also correct in one regard - if the traveling fans have a couple of "beverages" at the Memorial Coliseum or Rose Garden they will need to take out a second mortgage

Microbrews at Hawks games are nine dollars each - YIKES!!

Posted on Apr 16, 2013, 5:36 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Visiting Fans ... Different Perspectives

by Bettyh250

Very good post,Thanks for that.I feel the same way.
Kamloops Fan

Posted on Apr 17, 2013, 9:43 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Untitled

by T.K.O.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/903280_4894818328113_602914620_o.jpg

Posted on Apr 15, 2013, 4:24 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Edmonton Oilers

by booboo

Wow! The Oilers fire Tambellini and Lowe(I thought he just got coffee for the other execs)puts McTavish in charge. Talk about going from the frying pan into the fire. What a gong shown the Oilers have become!! All they need to do now is hire Mike Milbury and they would have the dumbest execs in hockey. No wonder they haven't been in the playoffs after having a million first round draft selections. Bizarre to say the least.

Posted on Apr 15, 2013, 10:54 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Gongshow alright, considering Tambellini relieved Mctavish of his Coaching duties

by T.K.O.

just a few years ago.

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 15, 2013, 11:04 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

mactavish firing

by Randy

Was Lowe's decision.

Posted on Apr 15, 2013, 9:42 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Really Randy?...wow...makes it even more screwy!

by T.K.O.

nm

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 15, 2013, 9:53 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Lowe wasn't...

by longtimefan

fired, although how he keeps escaping it is mind boggling.

Posted on Apr 15, 2013, 1:56 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

He didn't say Lowe was fired. When you first read it quick

by canesrock

that is what it seems he says. Just worded a bit strange maybe. How Lowe keeps sticking around is beyond me. He seems to have been at the center of everything Oilers for ever and he keeps his job???

Posted on Apr 15, 2013, 2:17 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Battle Of Alberta

by S.E.F.

The real Battle Of Alberta this year is at the WHL level with the Oil Kings probably being victorious. At the NHL level it should be called the Battle For The Basement between the Flames and Oilers.

Posted on Apr 15, 2013, 3:34 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

oilers

by Randy

500 record two and a half ye ars into rebuild. Im an oiler fan and feel okay about exactly where they are. They are doing things methodically. Next year should hit the 600 mark.

Posted on Apr 15, 2013, 9:44 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Oilers

by booboo

At that rate you'll be in your 80's. You must realize like everyone else has that the problem in Edmonton is not players but management. It's time to clean house so the team gets rid of the foul odour upstairs and gets on with reaping the rewards of their years of mediocrity. How many #1 picks do they need in the draft to become competitive??

Posted on Apr 15, 2013, 9:53 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

How many #1 picks does it take?

by ice_machine

Your question on how many #1 picks it takes to be competitive?

Just ask Prince George

Posted on Apr 16, 2013, 9:01 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

d prospects

by Randy

The oil have incredible depth on defence in the minors and should have one of the best d in the league in 2 or 3 years.

Posted on Apr 16, 2013, 9:24 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Admire your loyalty Randy . . .

by whoidat

But dream on.

Posted on Apr 16, 2013, 5:53 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Oilers

by Hawkey

In 2-3 years the Oilers should be contending for the Stanley Cup, not rebuilding their defence still, but the way it looks, it could be 2-3 years before they make the playoffs the way it's going.

Posted on Apr 16, 2013, 7:12 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

not dreaming

by Randy

Arguably best d prospects in history.

Posted on Apr 16, 2013, 7:36 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re:Not dreaming

by whoisdat

Time to wake up.

Posted on Apr 16, 2013, 10:55 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Oilers with "Arguably best d prospects in history"???

by fan

Per the Oilers' web site, here is a listing of the Oilers' d prospects:

Age Name
23 Kyle Bigos  
21 Brandon Davidson  
24 Taylor Fedun  
20 Martin Gernat  
21 Erik Gustafsson  
19 Oscar Klefbom  
20 Joey Laleggia  
21 Martin Marincin  
20 David Musil  
23 Alex Plante  
20 Dillon Simpson  
23 Colten Teubert  

Randy, can you please explain to us which of these prospects, individually, are so good that they stand out above the others? I watched the ones from the WHL, and while all were and are good, not one is the next Bobby Orr.

Beyond that, Randy, can you explain why, collectively, these D prospects are better than those of any other given NHL team, let alone "best d prospects in history"?

Posted on Apr 17, 2013, 7:42 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

by the time the oilers have all this figured out

by hoople head

guys like hall, eberle, and hopkins will be free agents.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 17, 2013, 11:52 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

breakdown

by Randy

Marincin, musil, laleggia, simpson are all potential nhl stars. Show me another group with those 4, plus schultz and smid. Laleggia will be a 50 point guy, schultz will hit 80, simpson will be 30 plus, marincin is a second pp guy and smid and musil could end up best shut down pairing in the league. Phenomenal group.

Posted on Apr 17, 2013, 9:35 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Breakdown

by whoisdat

Now you're just being silly. Talk about over-rating players.

Posted on Apr 18, 2013, 9:43 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Breakdown

by Randy

So disprove it relative to other teams any era . If you are going to discount my comments, try for a little depth.

Posted on Apr 18, 2013, 4:18 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Randy you know it is impossible to prove a negative!

by canesrock

I gave you the benefit of the doubt, but I thought I better check out what you are saying. (To simplify things lets call your D-MAN lineup A B C D E F). I looked at the Edmonton Oilers roster and there was nary an A B C D or E lighting it up. OK fair enough, F is doing good. I assumed all of these future Dennis Potvin's must be on the Oilers AHL farm team. To my suprise SUPERSTAR A B C OR D was not be found even in the AHL.

So I can only assume that most of these certain future NHL All-Stars you speak of have yet to play a minute in the NHL, nevermind a shift or two of Pro Hockey anywhere. That leads me to believe you are either the agent for these phantom NHL All-stars, or you are smokin the good stuff. Which is it? Cause it ain't the reality that I live in.

Posted on Apr 18, 2013, 8:16 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Randy you know it is impossible to prove a negative!

by Randy

Laleggia was college rookie of the year and all american at 19. Noone has one of him still developing in college. He did 48 points as a freshman which would be like doing 80 as a 16 year old in the dub. He and schultz could be the best one two offensive punch in history. Musil is projected to be an elite shutdown guy with toughness and great iq. He is a world class player as evidenced by his excellence at wjhc and other intl events. Schultz is still technically a prospect as he played 40 ahl games. The kid could be a 100 point nhler someday and looks to be inthe mould of karlsson. That is 3 very,very good players. Show me a team with a schultz, laleggia and musil all under 21. The oil have the best d group of prospects in the league, and in my opinion,as good as in history. All i am saying is that all the talk is worth nothing if you guys are using the "that is silly" argument. Give me some teams with better prospects.

Posted on Apr 19, 2013, 8:17 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

You are dreaming

by hoople head

Just because this guy had 40 something poi ts doesn't mean that he'd get 80 points in the chl at any age.

To put it in perspective Coffey didn't score 80 in the chl. The players who have put up those kinds of points are a very exclusive club. To say just because this fancy lad from the NCAA put up good numbers doesn't mean he'd do the same in a grueling 72 game schedule in a league where 200lbs+ plugs are happy to knock your teeth down your throat.

Posted on Apr 20, 2013, 9:19 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

hoop

by Randy

Surely to goodness a man of your hockey itelligence is not suggesting that the whl is remotely close to the level of ncaa. Come on. There arent 5 guys on a whl roster who could play regularly in the ncaa. Im pro whl in every way but i also recognize the vast difference between ncaa and chl.

Posted on Apr 20, 2013, 10:59 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

NCAA players

by hoople head

Are older faster and stronger. Chl players are better prospects and the chl is obviously more grueling due to the length of schedule and all the travel. It's also a better barometer as to what sort of pro a player will be as its more similar to the pro game.

Posted on Apr 20, 2013, 11:15 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

better prospects???

by Anonymous

Last year michigan played north dakota and there were 28 draft picks in the game. How can you say the chl is made up of better prospects?

Posted on Apr 20, 2013, 11:41 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Easy

by hoople head

The majority of NHL players come out of the chl.

You are comparing 22 year olds to 19 year olds. Im talking about what sort of players they will develop into. The chl still does that better.

In conclusion if you want to go on thinking that getting a little lore than a point per game in the NCAA will translate into a hall of fame career go ahead. But the numbers are against you.

Posted on Apr 20, 2013, 11:55 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

no

by Randy

I am comparing a 19 year old doing it against 22 year olds. Thus the amazing part of it. Duncan keitb was half a point a game in college.

Posted on Apr 20, 2013, 1:17 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Unless Mcdrunkish starts dismantling the team for the "quick fix"...

by T.K.O.

some of his idiotic comments are fairly alarming IMO, but again...he was also the last guy to play with no lid.

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 15, 2013, 9:56 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Unless Mcdrunkish starts dismantling the team for the "quick fix"...

by Randy

They just did clean house. Coach last year, gm today. Now smitty and horcoff,dubnyk, habby. Still 3 years away from home ice in playoffs. In playoffs in 2 years. Eberle or gagne are next to go for a goalie and dman. Draft another skilled forward. Break in marincin and musil. In great shape but still 48 months away.

Posted on Apr 16, 2013, 1:24 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

By 'quick fix' I meant trading some young guys with big upside for a couple of...

by T.K.O.

"veteran playoff guys" (usually past their prime) Mctavish quote - "We have to do some bold things"..if he means going after big name free agents, good..if he means trading Yakupov for Hall Gill,and a 2nd rounder,not so good.

"We are at the cycle, when we can expose ourself to risk"..hmm..sounds like Mike Milbury

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 16, 2013, 8:44 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Blades back on the ice today

by Your_step_Mom

Blades back on the ice today with an extra skate every day for the non school attending kids ... laugh which will mean alot of them.

Since the Blades have been out of the playoffs for a long time now... they will be like veggie and his two bobble head bros... 3 teams playing against or with each other.

Will Lorne and his 13 trades since last May, redeem themselves the 64 dollar question.

Posted on Apr 15, 2013, 6:01 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

He acquired a bunch of individuals

by

Not a team hence why they're on the golf course till May.

Posted on Apr 15, 2013, 2:33 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

ferland

by

In the episode where the team was winning and thought they were the beatles, ferland scores and says "its what the kid does, its what the kid does" i almost threw up in my mouth and then remembered it was a 6 week delay and they had been swept and i laughed instead of throwing up. What a loser.

Posted on Apr 15, 2013, 9:48 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

and kbf calls Portland fans bad

by Rob St.Helen

http://www.kamloopsnews.ca/article/20130413/KAMLOOPS0303/130419925/-1/KAMLOOPS/bad-behaviour-has-kelowna-fans-rooting-for-portland#

Posted on Apr 15, 2013, 2:30 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Roberta Has Resurfaced!!

by WhereDaCupAt

Did you have fun at Walter Hill Golf Course?

Posted on Apr 15, 2013, 8:59 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

and kbf calls Portland fans bad

by Bettyh250

I'm so sorry what happened to you when you came to Kamloops but i refuse to go to Kelowna as well cause i was told to shut up when i cheered for my team and a friend of mine had beer poured on her head when she cheered for her team( the Blazers ) We all stopped going to Kelowna for that reason too.I'm sorry cause whenever i see any Kelowna Fan visit out Arena i always welcome them.These People that insulted you are not real Fans they are the kind that come when the Team is winning.I'm a season ticket holder and never have treated other Fans badly.I know you have bad fans too.I would have loved to have gone to see the team play in Kelowna but i'm afraid to go cause of those bad fans.......

Posted on Apr 15, 2013, 10:14 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

That story was from some random fan

by Winterhawks03

written as an opinion piece (letter) to a local newspaper in Kamloops.

The fact of the matter is that every single arena in any sport everywhere has this type of behavior - to say otherwise is a flat out lie, be it from denial or ignorance. The rate at which this behavior occurs certainly can vary depending on a whole bunch of factors, but it still happens.

I'm not excusing the behavior that borders on, if not cross into the territory of criminal acts (throwing things, pouring beer on people, threatening and/or physical abuse, etc). However, at some point people do need to understand that going into the opposition's arena is going to get you some jeering; that's kind of the whole idea - it's what makes the experience extra thrilling - knowing you're in enemy territory preparing to watch your team beat theirs (hopefully).

On a personal level, I've had almost all pleasant experiences in my visits around the US Division (you're next, BC!). Even the not so pleasant ones I enjoy on some level simply because that's why I'm there: the thrill of being away from the safety of home and fellow fans.

However, I also understand the differences between a 20-something hockey fan and a family group of visitors when it comes to enjoyment of the experience. Being drunk and belligerent to someone who is probably not interested in that type of thing (I'm going to generalize here, but I don't think I'm that far off) - like really young people or older folks - is stupid and unnecessary.

Alcohol monitors and ushers need to be trained better and need to be given a pair of balls at the beginning of the shift; they have legal authority over the retards in the crowd including the ability to revoke their admission which should be utilized much more than it is.

tl;dr - don't go to opposition arenas expecting to be greeted with open arms all of the time. Similarly, don't be a douchecanoe to opposition fans just because they're opposition fans; engage the critical thinking, drink 1 less beer if you must, and understand that not everyone is interested in verbal judo or popcorn dodging while they watch hockey.

Posted on Apr 15, 2013, 10:53 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: That story was from some random fan

by S.E.F.

I can only speak for me and my wife. But we have had negative experiences in many rinks over the years at Kelowna in particular. But the most positive experiences have been in Everett. Those fans treated us very well. We have been invited and attended pre game functions and after the game functions. Great people and great fun. Maybe we just got lucky, but kidos to those fans in Everett. Win or lose, we were still welcome as hockey fans. That's what matters.

Posted on Apr 15, 2013, 6:39 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

It really is an anecdotal thing

by

I, too, have attended pre-game meals with Everett fans (it was great!), gone out for karaoke with some Tri City fans in Kennewick, and of course spent entire periods chatting with fans in Spokane - on other hand, I've certainly dealt with my fair share of heckling (usually returning the favor if it's appropriate material) and even had things thrown at me (napkins, popcorn, etc doesn't really bother me, although I will still report you. Beer, food that will stain/damage clothing, or dangerous objects will get you in handcuffs.).

I think mostly it comes down to being able to accept the fact that people will be dumb, especially when drinking, and that generally you're going to have a good, if not great, time. People can't let the one or two bad experiences influence or spoil the 10 good ones.

Posted on Apr 15, 2013, 7:00 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

So far this year

by juva

I have been to games in Everett, Vancouver, Tri City, Portland, and Victoria. Not one bad experience to report. All friendly reactions to my T-bird jersey. The friendliest fans were in Victoria.

Posted on Apr 16, 2013, 4:02 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

New On the Edge Airing Now!!!

by T.K.O.

AWESOME....we get to see the Blades in their quest for the CHL BMO Mastercard Memorial Cup!!...when do the Canucks get their own show?

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 14, 2013, 9:03 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

This is even better than on the Edge...

by Pepper Carrot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRpdVFXRshQ

Unreal response from the crowd.

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 14, 2013, 10:45 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I am Fuming...he actually BOUGHT his way into a Championship match!!..

by T.K.O.

probably flew some family in, and gave out cellphones too. Wait a sec...why does that all sound familiar?

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 15, 2013, 5:37 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

KBF..

by

Send me an email so we can discuss your round 2 picks.
Vilneff@telus.net

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
160-160-1-82egqaha7ql25azk459t1w0mx.gif
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 14, 2013, 3:40 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Just checking out the OHL and QMJHL....

by

Seems the only team left playing that was not a top 4 or 5 regular season team is Rouyun from the Q.
Looks like it will likely be all teams who had amazing regular seasons at the Memorial Cup.

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 14, 2013, 3:16 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

all the teams

by hoople head

will be battle tested clubs that fought all season to be there. All but one I guess...

'one of these things is not like the other...'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FClGhto1vIg

Amazing that a half arsed team like the tigers using a simple trap (that most coaches with a talented lineup can smash to pieces) could destroy the memorial cup host without even breaking a sweat and then get pummeled in the next round by a team that was actually built to be a champion. It's a sad day for the league when that sort of ineptitude gets rewarded.

Frankly the tigers, or hell even seattle would be better hosts, at least they'd put up a fight.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 14, 2013, 3:39 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

eastern divison fans

by kw

is calgary good enough to give edmonton any sort of run in a 7 game series? seems like edmonton is looking "from a far" too talented and likely to repeat as the conference winner.

goaltending looks like both teams strong suit. what are the basic differences and advantages for each team?

Posted on Apr 14, 2013, 9:03 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

As I see it

by Al Cheney

There is no team in the DUB that will beat Emonton in a best of seven, they are from one end to the other just to strong

Posted on Apr 14, 2013, 10:54 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Gotta agree

by

Edmonton is far and away the best team in the Dub.

Posted on Apr 14, 2013, 12:04 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Edmonton vs Calgary

by Hangman

Calgary did beat Edmonton 4 out of 6 this season. But this was before the Christmas break and they haven't played each other since.

Is Calgary good enough to give Edmonton any sort of run? You betcha they can.

Can Calgary win a best of seven series possible but unlikely.

Posted on Apr 14, 2013, 12:33 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Calgary

by hoople head

Two really good scoring lines and good young defencemen. IMHO virtanen is the best 16 year old in the league.

Edmonton is essentially the team they were last year.

I saw the last game of the year between them. If you ask me it looked like men against boys, Edmonton had them figured out. Whoever decided that Edmonton and Calgary should play their last game of the season against each other should jot be in charged of scheduling next season.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 14, 2013, 3:06 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

sorry I need to expand on that

by hoople head

poorly worded post from my mobile. Obviously I meant to say that whoever decided that calgary and edmonton should play their last game of the year against each other in november needs to not be in charge of scheduling ever again.

I think calgary is very good and young. edmonton's depth, experience, outstanding D and best goaltending in the league will be too much for them but calgary has two lines that can outright fly and their very good D and goaltending should be more than enough to win them at least two games in the series.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 14, 2013, 4:05 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

The argument for Calgary giving Edmonton a fight...

by The Schauff

If you take out a sub-par game 1 against the Broncos (which they still won in OT), Chris Driedger badly outplayed 2 very good goaltenders, especially Bartosak in round 2. In the regular season wins he was better than Brossoit, especially in edmonton. Chris can steal games.

Calgary was an excellent road team this season. They are capapble of splitting the first 2 games, perhaps even winning 2 games at Rexall.

When Cody Sylvester is on a roll, the Hitmen have had stretches this season where he has taken whoever is on his line and beaten teams with just his line. Cody won multiple player of the week and a player of the month honours because he is consistently good and occasionally off the charts terrific.

I believe Calgary can and will give the Oil Kings a fight. I see a minimum 6 games series for the Eastern conference banner. In the end if I was a betting man I would be taking the Oil Kings and their superior depth (particularly on the back end) to grind out a trip to finals.

Posted on Apr 14, 2013, 2:10 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I agree

by hoople head

I saw game 4 and I think peatfan was downplaying just how well the hitmen are playing. They rode the wave of red deer's inevitable momentum and sutter inspired never quit attitude and played a great road game. Next year is calgary's year but right now I expect them to really give edmonton a fight.

Edmonton in 6 and it should be an outstanding series.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 14, 2013, 3:42 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Next year

by whoisdat

Wonder if next year is Calgary's year? Losing their top 3 forwards in Macek, Rash and Sylvester and maybe 3 D-men.

Posted on Apr 14, 2013, 9:36 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Next year

by Alan

Yes, I would stop short of saying next year is Calgary's year since the losses they will take this summer (overagers Sylvester, Macek and Humphries to graduation, plus Rask, Roach, and probably Rissling to the pros, and then one more of Brassart, Mayor, Kosterman, and Zgraggen to overage numbers) are not inconsequential.

But, the Hitmen do have very good depth this year and so next year's team will still be a very good team as everyone simply moves up a line and some pretty good young 16 & 17 year old guys (forwards Chase, Peterson, Virtanen, Lang, defencemen Thrower, Harmsworth) take bigger roles.

I do think Edmonton will probably win the series here in 6 or 7 but putting a good three-round playoff run under the belts of the younger guys on the team can only help the Hitmen get back to the same level (.650 - .700 area) again next year. Is that good enough to be the top team in the East next year? Who's to say right now....

Posted on Apr 14, 2013, 10:58 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

70-80

by hoople head

points is realistic for virtanen next season. Providing everything comes together calgary can be a 100 point club, or at least pretty close to it.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 15, 2013, 12:31 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Virtanen

by Alan

Yes, Virtanen had a pretty good year this year for getting mostly 3rd line ice time and little to no powerplay time. Only near the end of the year did he start getting more quality time and his numbers went up in the last 1/3 of the year accordingly.

I think Virtanen is probably a 1st line winger on next year's team, or 2nd line center if they want him to play center (Brassart is almost certainly the #1 center), although Greg Chase would have to be in the running for a center position as well. Wherever Virtanen plays, he'll get a lot more ice time than he did this year though and will also get some premium powerplay minutes so his points should take a big jump. It's his NHL draft year next year so he'll need his best effort every night if he wants to be a first round pick in the NHL draft.

The biggest improvement I look forward to from him is increased strength....he came advertised as having a physical edge and a bit of a mean streak at times. We didn't see that a lot - he certainly didn't shy away from the contact but you could see there was a strength disadvantage for him, which of course is pretty common for 16 year olds in this league. It too was getting better as the season went on and hopefully a summer in the gym and another 10 lb of muscle should make him even more effective fighting for pucks when crashing the net and along the boards. The great skating and the pro-calibre shot are already there, just needs to round out a bit and he should be pretty attractive to NHL clubs this time next year.

Posted on Apr 15, 2013, 8:23 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Your first paragraph sounds like the blueprint for how

by canesrock

to handle 16 year olds with a lot of potential. Take it slow at first and gradually give them more icetime, even if at a first glance, they might not seem to be earning more time playing the PP etc.
Mike Williamson knows how to develop players. Preston on the other hand seemed to think Merkley deserved less and less quality time on the ice and the results show.

Posted on Apr 15, 2013, 3:41 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Those playing prediction game I need opinions...

by

Since the finals are only 2 teams I was thinking predict all 3 league finals this year...
Opinions?

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 13, 2013, 3:07 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Sure, why not

by Rebel66

Don't know anything about the other leagues but with about 30 seconds research I can throw a prediction at it.

Posted on Apr 13, 2013, 4:21 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I am guessing

by hoople head

That's the boat most of us are in. However picking winners even if you know the league inside out is a crapshoot anyhow...

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 14, 2013, 4:17 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Absolutely!

by Pepper Carrot

That'll be a fun twist.

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 13, 2013, 4:45 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Sounds good - thanks for running this. n/m

by

Posted on Apr 13, 2013, 4:53 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Keep it in the WHL...nm

by canesrock

Posted on Apr 13, 2013, 7:11 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Agree

by hoople head

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 14, 2013, 6:52 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

sound great

by wardenofthepen

a true hockey would follow all chl teams

Posted on Apr 13, 2013, 11:26 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Winterhawks/Oil Kings Final to be on Shaw hd

by T.K.O.

happy.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OqCVoW1W6I

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 12, 2013, 7:37 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Round 2 scores!

by

Rank Player R1 Edm 4 Cal 5 Port 4 Kam 4 R2 Total
1 Pepper Carrot 10 Edm 4 Cal 6 Port 4 Kam 4

2 4 2 0 2 4 2 4 20 30
2 hoople head 16 Edm 6 Cal 6 Port 6 Kam 5

2 0 2 0 2 0 2 0 8 24
3 RWPF 11 Edm 6 Cal 5 Spo 6 Kam 6

2 0 2 4 0 0 2 0 10 21
4 ice_machine 9 Edm 5 Cal 6 Spo 6 Kam 4

2 0 2 0 0 0 2 4 10 19
5 Rebel66 11 Edm 4 RD 6 Port 5 Kelo 6

2 4 0 0 2 0 0 0 8 19
7 CHIEFS-COP 10 Edm 5 Cal 7 Port 6 Kam 7

2 0 2 0 2 0 2 0 8 18
8 Old Hippy 8 Edm 4 Cal 6 Spo 7 Kam 6

2 4 2 0 0 0 2 0 10 18
9 RebelTiger 10 Edm 6 Cal 7 Port 6 Kam 6

2 0 2 0 2 0 2 0 8 18
10 STBF 10 Edm 5 Cal 6 Port 6 Kam 5

2 0 2 0 2 0 2 0 8 18
11 Strank 10 Edm 5 Cal 6 Port 6 Kam 7

2 0 2 0 2 0 2 0 8 18
12 canesrock 9 Edm 5 Cal 7 Port 5 Kam 6

2 0 2 0 2 0 2 0 8 17
13 Glen 9 Edm 5 Cal 6 Port 6 Kam 5

2 0 2 0 2 0 2 0 8 17
14 kw 9 Edm 5 Cal 7 Port 6 Kam 6

2 0 2 0 2 0 2 0 8 17
15 Pazman 5 Edm 4 Cal 6 Port 5 Kam 7

2 4 2 0 2 0 2 0 12 17
16 Rocketfuel 11 Edm 5 Cal 6 Port 6 Kelo 6

2 0 2 0 2 0 0 0 6 17
17 Some_Arrogant_Jerk 11 Edm 5 Cal 6 Port 6 Kelo 7

2 0 2 0 2 0 0 0 6 17
18 Blackhawks18 8 Edm 6 Cal 7 Port 5 Kam 5

2 0 2 0 2 0 2 0 8 16
19 COOGSUPERFAN 6 Edm 5 Cal 5 Port 6 Kelo 6

2 0 2 4 2 0 0 0 10 16
20 bruinsfan9 9 Edm 5 Cal 7 Port 5 Kelo 7

2 0 2 0 2 0 0 0 6 15
21 master 10 Edm 5 RD 6 Port 6 Kelo 7

2 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 4 14
22 Tipped Off 8 Edm 5 Cal 6 Port 5 Kelo 6

2 0 2 0 2 0 0 0 6 14
23 Zaner 10 Edm 6 RD 6 Port 5 Kelo 7

2 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 4 14
24 wardenofthepen 7 Edm 6 Cal 6 Spo 6 Kam 6

2 0 2 0 0 0 2 0 6 13
25 BigCityNights 11 na 0 na 0 na 0 na 0

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 11
26 JonBoss 10 na 0 na 0 na 0 na 0

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 10
27 Tiny 6 Edm 7 RD 6 Port 5 Kelo 6

2 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 4 10
28 owl 8 na 0 na 0 na 0 na 0

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 8
29 Winterhawks03 0 Edm 6 Cal 6 Port 7 Kam 5

2 0 2 0 2 0 2 0 8 8
30 AMS Rocker 7 na 0 na 0 na 0 na 0

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 7
31 KBF 7 na 0 na 0 na 0 na 0

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 7
32 stmartin11 7 na 0 na 0 na 0 na 0

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 7
33 b 0 Edm 5 RD 6 Port 5 Kam 6

2 0 0 0 2 0 2 0 6 6

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 12, 2013, 7:22 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Cudos to Pepper Carrot on a near perfect round 2!

by

Jumped into first!

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 12, 2013, 7:25 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Why did I not get any points for that round?

by KBF

I made my predictions in more than enough time.

Posted on Apr 13, 2013, 1:01 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I just scrolled down to predictions.... there is no post by KBF?

by

If you can tell me where to find your picks I will update scores.

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 13, 2013, 7:56 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

pretty clear rebel tiger

by kw

dementia has set in and why again is the blame on you? still waiting for kbf to show you where his prediction was. i do think " 0 "is clearly appropriate and says a lot happy.gif

Posted on Apr 13, 2013, 11:56 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

He made his predictions

by hoople head

It turned into a pissing contest between kbf, hawks fans and rocket and the kids deleted it.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 13, 2013, 1:14 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Mods not kids

by hoople head

Interesting selection there autocorrect.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 13, 2013, 1:15 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

so

by kw

if true that is on him correct?

Posted on Apr 13, 2013, 1:16 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I just need any proof to back up his picks...

by

I dunno if records are kept when things are removed?

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 13, 2013, 3:01 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

pretty clear

by Darin

that if you cant keep a civilized conversation and your thread gets deleted, so be it !! next time keep on topic w/o becoming abusive and rude and maybe.. .just maybe.. this board will get back some of its credibility and some clean and interesting conversation again.

Posted on Apr 13, 2013, 8:29 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Round 3 predictions....

by

Lots of time to get them in. But place them here please. Reminder points double again so 4 points for a round 3 correct winner and 8 points for getting the games right.

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 12, 2013, 6:02 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

picks

by kw

edmonton in 5
portland in 7 (hopefully way less)

Posted on Apr 12, 2013, 6:15 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Predicitions

by

Edmonton vs. Calgary
-Edmonton in 6

Portland vs. Kamloops
-Portland in 6

Posted on Apr 12, 2013, 6:34 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Predicitions

by T.K.O.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSPNQ82Sq4E

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 12, 2013, 6:39 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Should have predicted

by

how many extra vowels I would use in that title. The Amaretto is working!

Posted on Apr 12, 2013, 7:40 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

picks

by Pazman

Edmonton vs Calgary
Edmonton in 6

Portland vs kamloops
Portland in 5

Posted on Apr 12, 2013, 6:56 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Mine

by hoople head

Port in six
Ed in six

------------

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 12, 2013, 7:02 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Edmonton in 6, Portland in 5

by Some_Arrogant_Jerk

Posted on Apr 12, 2013, 7:13 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Mine

by Glen

Edmonton vs Calgary
Edmonton in 6

Portland vs kamloops
Kamloops in 6

Posted on Apr 12, 2013, 7:17 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

3rd rd

by wardenofthepen

kamloop in 6 ---- cal in 6

Posted on Apr 12, 2013, 9:41 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

picks

by master

Edmonton in 5

Kamloops in 7

Posted on Apr 12, 2013, 9:49 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Mine (no homer picks this time)

by Rebel66

That screwed me up last time

Edmonton in 5
Portland in 6

Posted on Apr 12, 2013, 9:55 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

THIS^^^^

by T.K.O.

nm

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 12, 2013, 10:34 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

picks

by bruinsfan9

Oil Kings in 5
Hawks in 5

Posted on Apr 12, 2013, 10:50 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

PICKS...

by COOGSUPERFAN

Kings over Hitmen in 5
Winterhawks over Blazers in 5

Posted on Apr 12, 2013, 11:58 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Mine

by Rocketfuel

Hawks 5

Kings 5

Posted on Apr 13, 2013, 12:12 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

My Picks

by Strank

Edmonton in 5
Portland in 7

Posted on Apr 13, 2013, 12:37 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Picks

by CHIEFS-COP

Edmonton in 4

PDX in 5

Actually hope I'm wrong in both cases....as in long, exciting series'. Not sure I see it though- no offense to my friends in Calgary and Kamloops.

[linked image]

CHIEFS-COP

Posted on Apr 13, 2013, 4:37 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

mine

by tiny

Port in 5
Edm in 5

Posted on Apr 13, 2013, 7:03 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

My Picks

by Blackhawks18

Edmonton in 5
Portland in 4

Posted on Apr 13, 2013, 7:34 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Picks

by Pepper Carrot

Portland in 5
Edmonton in 5

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 13, 2013, 9:57 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Picks

by Zaner

Edm in 5

Por in 6

Posted on Apr 13, 2013, 10:06 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Mine

by

Thought about this some...
Port in 4
EDM in 5

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 13, 2013, 3:04 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Tips Picks

by Tipped off

Edmonton vs. Calgary
-Edmonton in 5

Portland vs. Kamloops
-Portland in 5

Posted on Apr 13, 2013, 10:13 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Picks

by canesrock

Edmonton in six.

Portland in six.

Posted on Apr 14, 2013, 1:08 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Picks

by ice_machine

Edmonton in 4
Portland in 5

Posted on Apr 15, 2013, 7:52 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Picks

by Old Hippy

Edmonton in 6
Portland in 6

Posted on Apr 16, 2013, 11:02 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Predictions

by STBF

Edm in 5
Por in 7

Posted on Apr 18, 2013, 5:45 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Scores round 2 are on their way as soon as I get my latop running....

by

Posting from tablet as my laptop crashed last night when I was almost done the scores. Should be up within the hour. just finishing repairs as I am a certified tech.

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 12, 2013, 5:58 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Get A Macintosh n/m

by Bob Long

Posted on Apr 12, 2013, 6:38 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

He runs Linux

by

And brags about how great it is while always fixing it. wink.gif

------------

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 12, 2013, 7:04 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Don't matter what your running when...

by

You trigger a heat sensor on a 6 year old laptop its gonna shut off till you fix it.
PS my 6 year old lappy is working again i'm on it now.

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 12, 2013, 7:21 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I am 150% mac hater anyways.

by

If I could I would make that company bankrupt in 5 min.
Apple = Evil to me and no one will ever convince me otherwise.
And yes I have given it a fair try and still hate it.

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 13, 2013, 8:04 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

FYI

by hoople head

my 6 year old macbook runs more or less like it always has.

As far as evil goes all big corps have their negatives but at least apple unlike google isn't storing all our websearches, keeping profiles on us and then selling the info to marketers. That alone is enough to keep me away from andriod, on general principal anyway.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 14, 2013, 4:22 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Apple and Google...

by

Both OFFER cloud services but you have to turn it on in both.
I have 3 Android devices and none does Google have access to any more than Apple can access your ipad files.
Ps my wife won an ipad and it DOES have cloud there is an option to turn it on just like Android.

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 17, 2013, 7:39 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Morgan Reilly playing in Abbotsford tonight & Sunday..

by T.K.O.

video #3

http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=446&id=237981=en

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 12, 2013, 8:43 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

All snide remarks aside...

by Rocketfuel

Congratulations Kamloops on a truly dominant performance. Next series should be a beauty, I will definitely be tuning in via interwebs to watch that one.

P.S. The sour taste of Crow gets masked with ketchup.

Posted on Apr 12, 2013, 2:31 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

i've learned tabasco & ranch dressing makes crow a bit more palatable

by cranky

Posted on Apr 12, 2013, 10:01 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Kamloops fans?

by bruinsfan9

Just curious if there are any Kamloops posters here besides KBF.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 11:35 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Kamloops fans?

by Bullwinkle

Kamloops fan here. I rarely post or respond due to the constant attacks on here.
Some Kamloops fans make us an easy target due to their vile posts and their
immature attacks on others. Makes it easy for others to hate us. I do however appreciate
good hockey posts and well thought out discussions. There are some very knowledgeable fans on
here and I enjoy their input. Too bad it usually turns into a dumping ground for the socially awkward.
Good luck to all the kids who represent their teams in the MC.

Posted on Apr 12, 2013, 3:45 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Great Post

by S.E.F.

I too am a Blazers fan who rarely posts on this board and for a lot of the same reasons you mention. I have become selective on which posts I read.

Posted on Apr 12, 2013, 9:35 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hawks fan here....

by knightblade

...and in the same boat you guys are in. It's too bad that a few morons are allowed to taint the reputation of an entire fanbase.

Posted on Apr 12, 2013, 12:24 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Tips fan here...

by DaverThump

Just wanted to add to the S.E.F. and Knightblade sentiment... While I don't feel the need to post here, I often (and selectively) read posts that are more thoughtful/hockey centric and purposely avoid those that delve into the personal antics.

I'm likely in the minority here but I honestly don't agree with or fully understand why fan based animosity and rivalry have to imbed themselves so deeply in ones emotional state. I can see it and justifiably understand it at the player level but the fans? In the end, we're still just observers and hopefully all just glad to be hockey fans.

Posted on Apr 12, 2013, 1:37 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I second Bullwinkle

by Kauna

I used to be a regular poster here years ago, but the tone of most of the messages just made me go away. I come back about two times a year, and I see the same garbage from the same people. One from Kamloops, and it's embarrassing.

The last month I have come here frequently because I wanted to see the playoff chatter, and with Kamloops playing well I was curious what the opinions were. The Blazers seem to be not very well liked on this board, and I have to think it has as much to do with Kamloops posters as it does the team on the ice.

I wanted to comment on the series with Kelowna but then thought better of it cause I figured it would end up in some sort of pissing match between the two sides. I wanted to commend Kelowna on their efforts with the shorthanded staff they had. That team has character, and with the youth they have, it's a good thing Kamloops beat them this year because it could be awhile before the Blazers beat them again. I ran into Rockets fans walking to their car after Game #3, I told them I thought their team was the better team on the night. One said "that doesn't make me feel better but thank you" I wished them a safe ride home. Not all of us are jerks happy.gif

I am looking forward to the Portland series, and to see the skill on the ice between these two teams. In fact best of luck to all four remaining teams. The WHL will have a good representative at the MC.

Posted on Apr 13, 2013, 9:55 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

kauna

by kw

most fans understand why most kamloops fans do not post here. your reason has been well documented by bullwinkle and youself. i would be ashamed as well based on the sadistic posts and foul mouth rep your city has.

but most whl fans think kamloops has turned it around and playing some decent hockey the last 2 years.

unfotunately you have a resident who bitches at everyone,calls them names while supposedly representing your town. no woories most folks do not hold it against the town of kamloops only the social misfit who attempts to speak .

Posted on Apr 13, 2013, 11:43 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: kauna

by Hugh Jorgen

"unfotunately you have a resident who bitches at everyone,calls them names while supposedly representing your town"

Why don't you see the same attributes in your posts?

Posted on Apr 13, 2013, 12:06 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

ha ha

by kw

hugh the same can be said to you. but shoot blanks here while whining about others. your team is out now, say good bye for the season. unless trolling somehow in your mind keeps your relevant?

Posted on Apr 13, 2013, 1:14 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Wrong

by fan

KBF does not reside in or even close to Kamloops anymore. Just ask him, he'll tell you.

Posted on Apr 13, 2013, 1:18 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Wronggg

by

Original name "fan" lol. Legit stuff.

Posted on Apr 13, 2013, 2:44 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Congrats hitmen nm

by

Nm

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 8:14 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Good series

by peatfan

This was the only game where the Hitmen clearly outplayed the Rebels. Red Deer always bounced back after we scored and just wouldn't go away. Good future in Bleakley & Musil.
Kudos to the fans who came down on the bus for the htree games here. Very noisy group in all games here. You have to love to see a bus load of fans coming to the games and cheer their team.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 9:27 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

congrats to the blazers and the winterhawks

by rocker

from a rockets fan.not happy that the rockets were unable to field a full team,would have been a better series.Not sure it would have changed the outcome,think the blazers were better suited for the playoffs.Rockets depleted defence was their downfall,that and the fact that they are a young defensive group.I think the best moves kamloops made this year was bringing in Grist,Edmundson and kessey.All very good role players.If there was one player that i would like to have seen the rockets go after earlier this year it would have been edmundson. I think he single handidly gave kamloops the one thing they needed.Good defensively,offensively a threat,and a controlled meanness that really gave kamloops top forwards a feeling of security.I was really impressed with the way he played after being traded to Kamloops.When i saw him with the warriors he was a different player,more out of control and not realizing his true potential.After he went to kamloops he played with more control and composure and became a real asset to the team.great move to get him and show him his potential.Im quite sure his value to an nhl team is way higher now than when he was with the warriors.Good luck to both portland and kamloops in the next round,should be a really exciting series.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 6:49 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Congrats Portland

by spokanesth

People can piss and moan all they want about how or if they cheated. Plain and simple the Winterhawks have been by far the most talented team all year. This was a team as a Chiefs fanI love to hate when we play them. But also as a hockey fan appreciate their talent. The problem I have more than anything is that one of the 3 deserving teams to me in Kamloops, Portland, or Edmonton will be left out from representing the WHL at the Memorial Cup. Whatever team makes it to the Cup I will root for to help the WHL's image, because the people in charge of the WHL have done nothing but embarrass the league with their decision to include Saskatoon Blades in the tournament. Sorry Blades fans just my opinion.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 4:02 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Thanks

by jsc

I enjoyed watching the Spokane series, and really enjoyed the game play.

The trolls will be trolls.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 5:05 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Had a great time up in Spokane this week

by

even if most of the Spokane fans probably didn't - had a great chat Wednesday with a couple of season ticket holders sitting around us, despite the way the game was unfolding.

Look forward to facing them in the coming years (and making the trip up again for beer that's actually priced appropriately!).

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 5:07 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Had a great time up in Spokane this week

by

i'm looking forward to making it to spokane to see some hockey, followed by pinball galore!
(65 machines at 46 locations according tohttp://pinballmap.com/spokane).

glad to know the beer is affordable!

hockey and pinball... my two favoritisestistest things.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 5:39 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I don't know about pinball, but karaoke there

by

is fantastic! The Star Bar never disappoints...

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 5:41 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

LOL, sucks to be you if you think beer is priced appropriately

by cranky

Posted on Apr 12, 2013, 10:03 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

You said "Winterhawks have been by far the most talented team all year". If

by canesrock

you are talking about the Western Conference, then I agree with you. There may be a team in the Eastern Conference that would want to argue with that statement.

As the defending WHL champions, and a team that is absolutely smokin through the 1st two rounds of this years playoffs, I think the Oil Kings might find that your pronouncement is premature.

I hope, and am pretty sure it is going to happen, that the Hawks and Oil Kings meet in the WHL final for a 2nd year in a row. As Ed Whalen would say - That series will be Ring a Ding Dong Dandy!

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 5:26 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

canesrock I gree with you

by spokanesth

I agree with that. I was stating from what I have seen all year out west. Did not mean to discredit anyone in the East. My goal in life someday to see a ball game in every MLB ballpark also to see a WHL game in every rink and see another MC. These dang kids and wife have limited my time spent on that goal. Nothing against Kamloops they could easily prove me wrong but I believe those are the 2 teams in PDX and Edmonton that belong at this years MC.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 5:41 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Well interesting facts

by KBF

Hawks top line and Blazers top line both have 42 percent of their teams goals in the regular season. If you really break it down you will see the teams are more even than they appear.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 6:01 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

3 players

by

thanks for that fabulous team breakdown, Sparky.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 6:22 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I was kinda sure that you were just talking about the West

by canesrock

and therefor, I only made a comment about the East, and did deride you at all.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 6:47 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

So glad the Giants missed the Playoffs, rather than going out like Kelowna & Saskatoon

by T.K.O.

Basically gifted Kamloops the Kelowna killer Kessy, and bilked the Blades out of a 1st rounder too = priceless.

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 9:56 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Coach Molleken asked for my advice...

by Bennett Presser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EChnZTJicw

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 7:59 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

That was ^^^me^^....cut & pasted wrong

by David Bennett

nm

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 8:01 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Blazers win in ot

by

Gonna need to do something with their PP tho if they plan to move past 3rd round. 12 powerplays to 1 and still goes to ot

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 9:52 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Ummm, WOW... The Rockets got "Criched"

by Pepper Carrot

Ive seen teams get Criched before but DAMN. He Criched the Rockets to death. Nearly every penalty was to a Star player on the Rockets.

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 10:02 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

So Proud of the Rockets...

by Rocketfuel

What a push back by the Rockets tonight.

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 10:05 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Ummm, WOW... The Rockets got "Criched"

by

Its was tough to watch thats for sure.

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 10:08 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

RR needs to fix this problem

by mjw22

officiating is brutal most nights in this league. Maybe all the money taken in for fines etc could go to paying for better refs.

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 11:08 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

No balance to a zebra

by

But that makes sense. One is teams is always getting beat up because the officiating is horrid and the other team is actually getting calls. The officiating is all over the place with the few referees in the States. Consistent calls by any referee would be great, but they are Jekyll and Hyde night to night. Besides wearing green jerseys and throwing cowbells that is.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 12:13 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Well really could you do any better?

by KBF

If you say yes you're a liar. Easy to say.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 1:04 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I've posted this before, youve got the best of the worst in

by Puffy

these guys. The kids going thru the system that are REALLY interested in reffing are chased away at a young age by the beligerant coaches and parents! If people would keep their mouths shut when they go to minor hockey games and let the younger 1's do their job and grow as an official, you'll find yourself with a better selection in later years.
As a 10-12 year old ref trying to learn his job....who wants to listen to losers up in the stands scream and hurl insults at you? Soooo.... In the end, you have the mediocre refs sticking it out and the leagues really dont have a choice who to pick from,,

Good day

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 6:18 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Honestly

by

The ones not chased away that are any good get taken by the NHL even if just barely decent it would seem.
WHL and other leagues get the leftovers.
This is how the system works and will always work, the best go pro.
The league does battle with it by running ref camps each year to improve the situation but honestly if the camps work we will just lose more refs.
Its an endless cycle.

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 7:41 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

they still haven't recovered

by hoople head

from when the NHL went to a two ref system, that was a difficult blow to recover from. The NHL never gave much thought into where all the extra refs would come from. There is certainly not enough thought in how we develop officials.

I think there are a handful of decent officials out there, even if they do get bitched about on this board. But there certainly isn't enough strong ones. The officiating was better before we went to the two ref system.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 11:49 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

crich and klien what brutal luck Kelowna nm

by mjw22

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 11:10 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Ummm, WOW... The Rockets got "Criched"

by T.K.O.

[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 10:31 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Surreal in Blazerville

by KBF

For what's seemed to be an eternity this team was stuck in quick sand. Couldn't win a friggin playoff game never mind series for years. Now after 12 years of suffering we finally are seeing the rewards! 15 playoff wins the last 2 years looks great for this organization to finally set a foundation for the future Blazers.

Now the Rockets had a great season. They are going to be deadly next year and most likely should get 50+ wins again. I realize the Rockets had alot of players out with injuries and key pieces mind you. The thing is in this series they had Carter Rigby, JT Barnett, Mitch Wheaton, and Ballie returning from suspension so they almost were all hands on deck. Blazers were missing their best offensive players in Bozon and Smith for most or all of the series but in the end proved they had more depth than the Rockets did.

Colin Smith and Tim Bozon will be ready for the Winterhawks. Hawk fans for some strange, retarded reason are acting like their team will be playing Everett or something.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 1:38 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

All Hands on deck?

by Rocketfuel

If you think Rigby, Barnett, and Wheaton where anywhere near the force they could have been if they were playing 100% HEALTHY you are out of your mind. Rigby and Wheaton were no healthier this series than they were 5 weeks ago when they were first reported to be done for the season. Both still need the surgery they require and I am sure Wheaton re-injured his shoulder in game 3. I gaurentee you not a single Blazer would have suffered through what those 3 warriors did to try and help their team win a game.

It's called heart. Something Colin Smith should take notes on. The puke takes a bit of a budge from Baillie, sells it, his team goes up so they sit him and fake an injury to get a longer suspension.

For you to say it was almost all hands on deck is ******* ludacris.

Hawks in 4.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 2:42 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: All Hands on deck?

by Bullwinkle

I take exception to your comment that Colin Smith has no heart!
The only time this kid missed any games was when he had a broken arm.
He goes into the dirty areas and plays his *** off every game.
Not bad for a guy that "too small to make it"! To
say he "sold" it makes you a twat. You think the Blazers are going to sit their best player
if he was healthy? The kid obviously has concussion symptoms or he would have been playing.
The Rockets had a good year and will be even better next. Injuries suck but everyone has to deal with it.
Now stop making excuses, accept the loss, move on, and grow the **** up!

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 6:28 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

by Jamial

Now you just won the "most insane post of the series" award. The "puke"? "Has no heart". A "Budge".

Wow! He got blindsided by one of the Rockettes headhunters, missed the majority of the series. Blazers were missing 2 key guys with over 200 pts combined this season and still got the job done.

Let's face the facts. The Rockets "overachieved" this season. Were picked for 5-6 in the conference. Their lack of depth showed and their lack of discipline definitely was a factor.

Suck it up and move on.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 6:38 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

by

Your more likely to over achieve in a 7 game series then a 72 game season. Just saying

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 5:04 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

It wasn't all injuries....

by Invisible Man

Olsen and Franko, 3 goals between them. Your problem was not the guys you were missing, it was the ones who did not pick up the slack. Both were MIA all playoffs. You had 1 guy scoring. Not going to win like that. Quit blaming the injuries.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 8:19 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Reality Check Man...

by Blackhawks18

You are a 3 player team... without Smith, Ranford and Lipon... maybe 4 if you cound Bozun, I don't.

If you honestly think you are going to run a true series against the Hawks, when you barely beat a depleted/Injury ridden Kelowna team? You are sadly mistaken. Those are just the facts dude... not cocky, not classless... facts. The Hawks are a much better team than they were last year... I will be surprised if you make it 5 games...

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 7:25 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Portland fans are fine ones to be talking about a "3 player team"

by STBF

Take away Rattie, Petan and Leipsic, and pretty soon the Winterhawks are a middle-of-the-pack team just like the Blazers would be without Smith, Ranford and Lipon. What kind of offensive production have the Hawks gotten from the likes of Kopec, DeChamplain, Baker, Peters, Iverson, etc.? No more and no less than other teams get from their mid-caliber players.

Of course, both the Hawks and the Blazers WON'T be without those elite players, which is a big reason why those two clubs are among the very top teams in the league. Having multiple elite, high-end players is usually what separates the best from the rest. Portland is no different than Kamloops in this regard.

As for your prediction of a Portland sweep, I wouldn't bet a whole lot of dough on that.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 8:52 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Yeah...

by Winterhawks03

141 total points across 17 player. 3 with 15+, 7 with 10+, 11 with 5 +;

114 total points across 15 players. 2 with 15+, 4 with 10+, 9 with 5+.

I'll let you figure out which is which.

PS: those "mid-caliber" players are almost all 16/17.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 10:18 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Hey... News Flash

by

1 JC Lipon Kamloops Blazers 10 5 16 21 6
2 Ty Rattie Portland Winterhawks 10 11 8 19 4
3 Brendan Ranford Kamloops Blazers 10 5 14 19 0
4 Brendan Leipsic Portland Winterhawks 10 5 10 15 25
5 Nicolas Petan Portland Winterhawks 10 5 10 15 4
6 Tyson Baillie Kelowna Rockets 9 8 6 14 18
7 Kale Kessy Kamloops Blazers 10 11 2 13 8
8 Stephane Legault Edmonton Oil Kings 9 5 8 13 2
9 * Oliver Bjorkstrand Portland Winterhawks 10 5 8 13 2
10 Derrick Pouliot Portland Winterhawks 10 4 9 13 6

Thats top 10 playoff scoring. See a consistent theme?

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 10:53 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Forget your meds again today?

by KBF

As long as the ChickencheaterHawks don't try and run our goalie and that little rat puke Rattie doesn't fake an injury the Blazers will give the Hawks everything and more in the playoffs.

You goofs just endear yourselves to everyone on here don't you?

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 11:01 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

LOL

by

"Give them all and more".

You BARELY beat a injured and depleted Kelowna Rockets club..

And I am the one who forgot his meds... you obviously overdosed..

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 11:13 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

what?

by hoople head

Apparently barely beat has been redefined as swept in four games.

Good to know that the oil kings barely beat the tigers.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 12:34 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

No kidding haha

by

Like I've always stated, Hawk fans are the kookiest bunch of people on the internet. I'd take Blades fans nuttiness over theirs.

Portland allowed 16 goals in 6 games against Everett. Kamloops allowed 10 goals against in 4 games against Kelowna.

Speaking out of their asses is a passion of theirs.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 12:39 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

should be a good series

by hoople head

I'm gonna guess portland in 6 but you never know. The tips proved that portland can be defeated. Right now the oil kings are looking like the cream of the crop IMHO.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 12:44 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I love how you ALWAYS show bias stats..

by Blackhawks18

THESE are the stats round by round... so it's an actual FAIR assesment.

Round 1:
Games - 6 (POR 4 - EVE 2)
Goals For - Portland 32 / Everett 16

Games - 6 (KAM 5 - VIC 2)
Goals For - Kamloops 23 - Victoria 18

--------------------
Round 2:
Games - 4 (POR 4 - SPO 0) third year in a row
Goals For - Portland 18 - Spokane 3

Games - 4 (KAM 4 - KEL 0)
Goals For - Kamloops 18 - Kelowna 10

THOSE are the stats round by round. Funny... you talk crap about Portland losing two to Everett, you lost 2 to Victoria and they scored a hell of a lot more goals against you compared to goals for..

Cya in a week..

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 12:54 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

And I love how YOU ALWAYS act like you were the first one attacked

by KBF

Typical constant defensive mode from a Chickenhawk fan. Woeeeee is meeeeee. Remember Victoria was a better team than Everett in the regular season as well. You wanna run that fat mouth of yours you're getting it back. Don't be such a baby all the time.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 12:58 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

No baby here..

by

But if you are dropping stats... do it right there slapnuts wink.gif

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 1:01 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Yeah, no stat bias at all

by hoople head

everett: 57 points

victoria: 77 points

Just who do you think had the easier road in the first round? Are you honestly telling me you're satisfied with what portland did in the first round? The tigers had an easier time with saskatoon than portland had with everett. The only reason the silvertips are even in the playoffs is because how retarded the conferences and divisions are set up. There's no way a 57 point team should be in the playoffs.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 1:01 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Who the hell said I was happy?

by

I had to sit in my STH seats and watch those two losses... so no... I wasn't happy.

But I AM telling you, that Lotz was the difference... Carruth was his typical self, and I have never denied that. I think after he gave up that goal to Everett in game 4, he got a ration of **** from coach green and he straightened his **** out.. plain and simple.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 1:03 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I am not saying they are doomed to fail

by hoople head

But what I am saying is that portland has shown the chinks in their armour. Loops is yet and unknown quantity as they beat a hobbled rockets club.

The hawks went through the chiefs in four, fair enough. The blazers went through a kelowna club and it's tough to define just what sort of test that really was.

It should be two really interesting semi final matchups, loops and port and the battle of alberta, providing the hits put an end to sutter's misery.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 1:09 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Agreed

by

I understand where you are coming from... but as a LONG time season ticket holder this is A-Typical for Portland... yes, it was Everett... I won't deny it, and believe me it blew... everyone wants to sweep the first round. I will say that Spokane, in the state they were in, are a MUCH better club than Kelowna... you have to admit that... and other than game 1, it really wasn't even a match-up... it was a downright beating.

And I am not saying Loops is just going to roll over and give it to Portland either... they are a good club, and Portland/Kamloops has and always will be once of my favorite match ups going back to the mid 80's... I just don't see it happening this year. This Portland fielding is MUCH better than last year and very cohesive..

We will see

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 1:17 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

At this point

by hoople head

loops is a total wildcard, I agree. It should be a decent series I think, but ultimately I think we're going to see a rematch of last year's finals.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 2:23 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

A team of nine-year-olds

by

could make the playoffs beating up on Prince George and Vancouver this year. Victoria was the weakest team to make the playoffs hands down. Good grief.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 2:10 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

As compared to

by hoople head

the unstoppable powerhouses that the tbirds and silvertips were? Give me a break. All of the teams out west padded their stats against those four weakling clubs. transplant the wheatkings into the west and they miss the playoffs by one point. Both loops and portland had easy roads in the first round.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 2:22 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Once again

by

making the playoffs in the East versus West isn't as simple as comparing points at the end - the dynamics of each group is completely different and as such a team like Brandon may just as easily be ****-stomped like Vancouver was this season.

The difference between Seattle and Everett is they don't play Vancouver and Prince George a combined EIGHTEEN (18) times. That's 25% of their schedule. Who couldn't make the playoffs with a strength of schedule like that?

I'm not saying Portland had it hard - I'm simply pointing out that the disparity in talent between Victoria and Everett is hardly as large as the gap in their points; quite the opposite, in fact.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 3:01 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Funny story and numbers

by KBF

Both Portland and Kamloops top line's have gotten 42 percent of their team's goes in the regular season.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 4:58 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Funnier yet is you comparing these two teams top line's contributions.

by Rocketfuel

When portland scored 73 more goals. LOL

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 6:17 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Oh still shaking in your boots I see lol

by KB

You guys barely beat the Silvertips. So what the hell are you chirping about? You are a clueless idiot. Blazers have lots of depth. You take away your 3 little smurfs and the Chickenhawks are average as well.

Keep making post showing how worried you are. I ******* love it.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 10:59 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

And then there were 5...

by

Kelowna, Medicine Hat, and Spokane OUT!

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 9:49 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

All sweeps!

by Pepper Carrot

Who woulda thought?

I believe the conference finals will be closer. Portland VS Kamloops will be a treat to watch! But with Shaw being shaw, they will likely show Cal/EDM(also not a bad matchup, mind you)

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 9:56 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Williamson

by

Willie in the semis! Go Calgary!

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 10:27 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

To quote you. "ALL Sweeps. Who woulda thought?" If you would have thought,

by canesrock

you might have noticed that not all 4 series are even over, nevermind sweeps. Your talking about an Edm/Calg playoff series as though it is a 100% done deal. There is still one series going on and I think Mr. Sutter and Patrik Bartosak may want to dispute what you posted.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 3:59 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

The "all sweeps" remark was in Reply to Rebeltiger

by Pepper Carrot

Who said Spokane, Kelowna, and Tigers are out.

And the "who woulda thought" remark was a little cocky joke on my part as i predicted those 3 series being sweeps :P

But i need the Rebels to steal one in Calgary then lose it on home ice(hitties in 6)

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 5:17 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

too bad

by hoople head

that you didn't call the sweep correctly in the MH saskatoon series...

I recall you predicting a sweep there as well but I think you didn't quite get what you thought you would.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 5:20 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

A sweep is a sweep

by Pepper Carrot

I should at least get points for that!

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 5:57 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Congrats to the chuckers

by hoople head

And congrats tigers on a good post season run. I had more fun at games 3 and 4 of the toon series than I've had at any hockey game since 07.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 12:31 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Spokane scratches

by

Why scratch Playfair and Fiddler? Did coach just give up or something? Figured Spokane would be the 4-2 team and not Everett. Lotz was still amazing for those two wins.

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 9:20 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Spokane scratches

by SWB

Spokane's scratches was definitely a head scratcher. Fiddler was their top scorer this season, right?

Why would you roll over like that and not show up to play when your back is against the wall facing the broom in your own barn?

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 10:29 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Did not give up

by Chief-Pilot

We scratched those two because a 16 year old can do what Playfair does (or more) and Fiddler was terrible throughout the playoffs. The 2 16 year olds that replaced them skated hard, created some chances, and through more checks than any other Chief aside from Aviani.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 3:19 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Did not give up

by SWB

Thanks Chief-Pilot, that makes sense!

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 4:09 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

what have they done lately to deserve to play

by cranky

should've happened earlier.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 5:03 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Predictions on how many teams are out of playoffs tonight??

by

I'll go with two (Kelowna and Spokane)

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 7:26 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Kale Kessy

by whoisdat

You know the calibre of play in the WHL has fallen off when Kessy starts scoring on a regular basis.

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 7:42 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Heh

by hoople head

Nah. IMHO he should have been a solid 50-60 point guy. I guess he took his last chance to heart.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 7:52 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

In the playoffs of all places, he just got the series winner!

by Pepper Carrot

WTG Kessey!

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 9:50 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Aww you mad bro?

by KBF

Cause Blazers know how to use him while no other team did?

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 1:04 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

know how to use him?

by hoople head

Are you for real? For most of his career he was a selfish me first plug. He spent most of his career in the hat with good coaches and good linemates but never really amounted to anything. The tigers finally got sick of his selfish play and shipped him to van, where he played under maybe the best junior coach alive today and still did dick all. Finally he got shipped again, where he finally figured out that he has a talent that could pay him millions a year but if he doesn't pull his head out of his arse he'll spend the rest of his life pumping gas and sitting on a bar stool telling his buddies how 'that could have been him' ever saturday night during the hockey season. And it only took him until he was three quarters of the way through his overage season to figure it out.

The only reason he's in a blazer uniform today and not playing pro is because he's a selfish, me first child. He may have finally grown up but it's probably a case of too little too late. With his talent he should have easily been a late first round draft pick when he was 18.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 12:11 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Thanks for the jinx

by hoople head

3-2 soil queens now. Tigers were even holding a lead at one point.

Good luck in the next round chuckers.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 8:14 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I say two

by mjw22

Saskatoon ooops already gone lol kelowna

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 8:51 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Kamloops fans win with class..

by Web

Said no one ever. What a disgusting experience as an out of town fan. Never had an experience like that in any other teams barn. Now said its not as bad in the regular season.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 11:01 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

And then......

by KBF

nm

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 11:30 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

no and then!

by Bonghit1

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 1:32 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Say What?

by S.E.F.

I have been in Kelowna's barn on several occasions and trust me. If you ware garb supporting the opposition you are not well received. On one occasion, my wife got threatened coming out of the ladies room. If you got a few rude comments in Kamloops, so what. It ain't no different in Kelowna. All of this is a sad situation. We are all just hockey fans supporting our team. We have had great reception in other arenas in our travels over the years. Especially in Everet. Great people and very friendly.

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 6:06 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: Say What?

by Web

Ican handle comments i cant handle getting a loogie hocked on my arm when leaving the arena and getting told to get the f**k out of town.

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 7:48 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Brutal

by hoople head

If true. I hate your team but that's too far.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 7:53 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Every team has trash

by Mitch

Sounds terrible. I remember reading about a longtime Hawks fan that got threatened by some young punks when he told them to sit down while they kept standing in front of a person in a wheelchair. Hard to say there are only bad fans for any team, every team seems to have good and fans that act like they deserve a puck to the face.

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 8:19 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

some have more than others

by hoople head

Medicine hat for example, when they are winning all the bandwagaon f@cktards come out of the wood work. When a fan bus leaves with 10 or more people less than it had when it arrived because they got thrown in the drunk tank you know there's a problem. In 05 when the tigers and broncos met in the first round I made the trip out to swift for games 3 and 4 and on the second day I left my tigers jersey at home. What a bunch of friggin retards. You know it's bad when there's literally 4 RCMP officers in the building and there's barely over 2000 fans walk through the gates.

I've heard and seen some bad stuff from moose jaw fans but I think the tiger fans take the cake out east.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 12:20 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Saay What?

by sosser

Pretty small of you to compare the entire assembly to a few folks, who may or may not had issues with you. I certainly don't compare your fine young team to one certain individual....thankfully, not everyone is cut out of the same pattern..

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 12:42 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Halifax Mooseheads after 7 games

by Pepper Carrot

they are 7-0.

41 goals for
6 goals against

Yes its early, but has there ever been a start to the playoffs quite like that?

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 8:39 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Yes Drummondville in 2009

by whlfan25

Through 7 games in 2009

7-0

55 GF
13 GA

Total on their way to the Coupe De President
Defeating Lewiston, Montreal, Rimouski and Shawinigan

109 GF

16-3 Record

Still upset that Kelowna didn't finish off Windsor in the MC that year after Kelowna had a bye to the final.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 9:01 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

You asked....has there ever been a start to the playoffs quite like that?

by

I would say yes. The Tigers slaughtering the Blades would seem about the same.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 9:01 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Not even close

by Pepper Carrot

The Tigers/Blades series was alot closer than the MooseHeads first round.

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 4:56 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

better yet PC has a team ever had such a hot finish

by mjw22

to the season and such a brutal start to the play offs lol

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 8:49 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

the q is never a fair representation

by travis

given their playoff seeding.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 9:41 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Saskatoon Blades 2013.......

by KBF

Oh **** sorry.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 10:44 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

by Alan

The 2008-09 Hitmen went 12-0 to start the WHL playoffs, sweeping the first three series while outscoring the opposition (in order: Edmonton, Lethbridge, and Brandon) 58-21 in those 12 games.

And they didn't even win the WHL title after that, being beaten by Kelowna 4-2 in the final.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 11:09 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

WHL only....

by

Consecutive Playoff Wins

12 - Calgary Hitmen, March 19, 2009 through April 22, 2009.
- Vancouver Giants, March 8, 2006 through May 9, 2006.
- Spokane Chiefs, March 27, 1991 through May 1, 1991.
- Swift Current Broncos, Mar. 29, 1989 through Apr. 29, 1989.
- Kamloops Jr. Oilers, March 23, 1984 through April 30, 1984.
11 - Brandon Wheat Kings, Mar. 31, 1979 through Apr. 19, 1979.
- Kootenay Ice, March 30, 2011 through April 27, 2011.
- Edmonton Oil Kings, March 23, 2012, through April 24, 2012.
10 - Brandon Wheat Kings, Mar. 21, 1996 through Apr. 14, 1996.
- Kelowna Rockets, March 22, 2003 through April 19, 2003.

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 11:35 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Also...

by

LONGEST UNBEATEN STREAK:

14 - Estevan Bruins (12-0-2), 1968 Playoffs.

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 11:37 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Most Goals ONE Playoff Game...

by

MOST GOALS IN ONE GAME (TEAM):

17 - Regina Pats, March 28, 1985, at Regina. Defeated Saskatoon Blades 17-3.
15 - Kamloops Blazers, April 8, 1988, at Kamloops. Defeated Spokane Chiefs 15-3.

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 11:39 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Was lorne coaching lol

by mjw22

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 8:52 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

In 89 Swift was undefeated in the entire playoffs...

by

Mar 29, 1989 Wed Moose Jaw Swift Current 2-10
Mar 31, 1989 Fri Swift Current Moose Jaw 5-2
Apr 1, 1989 Sat Moose Jaw Swift Current 3-9
Apr 4, 1989 Tue Swift Current Moose Jaw 4-1

Apr 7, 1989 Fri Saskatoon Swift Current 7-10
Apr 9, 1989 Sun Swift Current Saskatoon 8-7
Apr 11, 1989 Tue Saskatoon Swift Current 2-7
Apr 14, 1989 Fri Swift Current Saskatoon 7-4

Apr 22, 1989 Sat Portland Swift Current 1-4
Apr 23, 1989 Sun Portland Swift Current 3-5
Apr 27, 1989 Thu Swift Current Portland 10-4
Apr 29, 1989 Sat Swift Current Portland 4-1

Source
http://dropyourgloves.com/Games/Schedule.aspx?League=5&Season=1989&Competition=1&Scores=Yes

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 11:54 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

what no blade team on that list .

by eastfan

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 8:56 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I would have never predicted this

by hoople head

The blades are out and pepper is pumping the tires of the quebec team. Wow what a shock. But as many have already answered your question, yes many teams have. If you actually followed this league after your blades blow it in the first round you would have known the answer to your question.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 1:52 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Safe to say tonight is the most important night of the 2nd round of the WHL playoffs.

by canesrock

All four series are in play tonight. Three of the four series are in the pivotal 3rd game. The Rebels/Hitmen game is the only one that is playing the 4th game of their series.

Can an injury riddled Kelowna Rockets team make a series of it, or do the Blazers basically book their ticket into the 3rd round? I think Kamloops win big time tonight.

Do the Tigers use home ice advantage in their rinky dink little barn to extend the Oil Kings for at least another couple games? Or did the Hat blow their load in the 2nd period of the last game when they out shot Edmonton 18-3, yet lost? I will take the Tigers about 4-3.

Can Spokane use home ice advantage to extend their series with Hawks? The Chiefs have been a tough team to put away ever since their 2008 WHL championship. No doubt on paper this series is mismatch. Just don't expect Spokane to roll over and let the Hawks win easily. I will give Portland this game 5-3.

The remainder of the WHL playoff picture might be much clearer after tonight's games.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 5:25 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I damn near nailed the Tigers/Oil Kings game bang on.

by canesrock

Other than the minor detail about being wrong by a measly EIGHT GOALS. So I was wrong by 8 goals. That is still pretty close, if we are talking football.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 8:59 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Question for IPAD users...can I watch WHL live on

by Puffy

demand with it? Any do's or dont's that I need to be aware of?

Thanx......and Good Day!

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 3:14 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

yes

by Miker2k

It seems to work fine for me, I end up using AirPlay to push it to an AppleTV.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 3:33 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Yes, you can

by Tipped Off

....but you can't purchase a game on your iPAD. You have to purchase it on your computer then sign in with your username & password on the iPAD and the game will be ready to watch.

I find the quality to be ok. the issue is the strength of your wifi or signal from your carrier if using a mobile carrier instead of wifi.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 3:34 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Thanx gang and good day. Nm

by Puffy

Nm

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 4:00 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Ask a specialist

by Sprint mobile

Are there any *Portland fans around?

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 6:45 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Actually, it was Everett....

by

...or could've been Moose Jaw (dont remember) that gave their entire team iPad "playbooks". But that was ok, cause it was a Christmas gift. Nothing to see here, move along.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 6:52 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

lol Bartel is pathetic

by KBF

His blog is something to really laugh about. "Playoff success in Kamloops is well documented". "For what it's worth the Rocket won back to back playoff games in Kamloops in 2009 as well as Game 5 in 2002."

Is this guy for real? He has to scrape at the bottom of the barrel just to create some positivity? Completely different teams Regan and circumstances. Grasping at straws is his speciality.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 11:56 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

"Rockets played better than the 5-1 score indicated"

by KBF

That they didn't. Myles Bell made a HORRIBLE LAZY pass that created what I believe ended up being the game winner. Other than a couple flurries they had nothing. This guy really should be a stand up comic.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 11:58 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Episode 7 of On The Edge airs this Sunday on Sportsnet!!

by T.K.O.

I am stoked!!

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 8:31 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Best graphic added to a post all season!!!!

by gr8freak

Beauty!!  LOL

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 10:32 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Funny as hell and so true lol nm

by mjw22

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 1:34 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Too funny that is!

by canesrock

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 3:32 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Classic!!

by BC Tiger Fan

Beauty T.K.O.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 6:31 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Optimist Rebels advance past NW Giants tonight

by

Saw someone posting a few days ago how they lost the firs game in a best of 3

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 11:38 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Anyone from the chuck

by hoople head

want to give a recap of games one and two?

Looks like the tigers are on their way to sweepsville. As predicted, their playoff run will be short but glorious.

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 6:50 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

@Winterhawk fans. Can we chat?

by Willy Wonka

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7848/regssn.jpg

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 6:05 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Give me a break, they don't have interwebs at the factory

by Willy Wonka

regssn.jpg

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 6:06 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Or calendars, apparently

by

you're late to the party.

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 6:24 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

KBF's move to Indiana no help...

by T.K.O.

ROSELAWN, IND.A northern Indiana man who called 911 and told dispatchers he was driving drunk and needed to be taken off the road got his wish when a sheriff's deputy arrived.

State Police say 24-year-old Matthew Devore of Logansport was arrested early Monday along Interstate 65 in Jasper County.

Police said Devore had a blood-alcohol level of .09, just over Indiana's legal limit for driving. He was being held at the Jasper County Jail on a driving while intoxicated charge.

State Police say Devore lost control of his car early Monday and it ended up in a grassy median with a flat tire.

Police say Devore then called 911, saying he was a drunk and needed to be taken off the road. A sheriff's deputy was then dispatched to the scene.

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 3:38 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Rocket Fan Base Slipping?

by Dubbernut

What's happening in Kelowna...I'm hearing rumblings that fans are frustrated with how the team sky-rockets the Play-off tickets each year and that's why we're seeing the low attendance figures like we are this year and last post season also. As long as I can remember Kelowna always sold out play-off games....Rocket fans, what's going?

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 9:05 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I think they're dying off

by KBF

You ever been in that arena for a game? Guarantee 85 percent of the people are 70 + years old. Reminds me of Jurassic Park.

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 9:33 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Speaking for myself........

by gr8freak

I've noticed a number of season ticket holders in my section (112) that have not returned.  Over the last 2-3 years it's been a slow and steady decline in the amount of people that return to the seats around me.  Yes they are retired folks but they aren't dying off.  I manage to run into them around town during the year.  For the most part, fixed income seniors are screwed.  At some point when you're running a budget on a fixed amount of $$$$, something has got to go when the price of ALL your utilities continues to rise.  In more than a few cases I've heard stories of people just passing on playoff packages.  That happens for a year or two.  Then the next season they don't return at all. 

I'm fortunate to be able to afford and support my team.  But in that context (I have 3 kids aged 13, 10 and 7) there are not many new young families coming to games.  At least not that I've noticed.

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 2:24 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re Speaking

by Anonymous

Yep, agree with what you said.....the purchasing power of what disposable income we do have left has been simply anihilated by the increased price of everything,

My generation are not dying off en masse just yet, we're just unloading the stuff we can find cheaper elsewhere like at Junior A & B games......e.g Kelowna Chiefs (senior) ticket $8 plus free parking and $2 coffee

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 3:04 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Likewise in 104

by Rocketfuel

It seems it's mostly the corner season ticket holders that seem to be disappearing, which is where the "cheaper" tickets are, (not club). These section, 112, 114, 104 and 106 are where the fixed income seniors and older families get their tickets, and the prices for even these seats are sky rocketing (pun intended) to an unafforadable rate. Soon, you may see Kelowna charging $800+ per seat for a season, which is the complete wrong direction it should be going, especially when the team isn't winning anything meaningful, and the economy still being feeble.

I can understand pushing prices up in a winning season, but for tickets to be more expensive now, than they were in 2003/04, is confusing.

I wouldn't say the fan base is slipping, I believe the Kelowna Brass is forcing their faithful out of the joint so they can line their pockets, which is backfiring because now they can't fill a 6000 seat arena in a hockey crazy town.

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 5:42 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

"Hockey crazy town"

by KBF

Not even close Jared. That place is a friggin morgue. Always has been. If it were that crazy it the media would pay more attention to it and the place would still be packed

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 12:49 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Kelowna has the will to fill this barn...

by Rocketfuel

The prices are just so bloody steep.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 2:53 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Its called inflation (nm)

by Pepper Carrot

nm

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 10:33 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Don't you mean Geriatric Park? lol - nm

by

nm

2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2006-07
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2005-06
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2005-06
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2004-05
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Eastern
Conference
Champions
2003-04
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1987-88
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1987-88
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1986-87
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1986-87
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1986-87
CHL.png
Memorial
Cup
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
1985-86
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1985-86
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
East
Division
Champions
1976-77
Regular
Season
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
Central
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
West
Division
Champions
1972-73
Playoff
500px-Whl_logo.svg.png
League
Champions
Medicine
Hat
Tigers!

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 9:03 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

WOW

by stupol

4505 in Loops Town. Guess all the Cowboys stayed home. Now if KBF went to the game there would be 4506 lmfao

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 9:31 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Ah, not so...

by Contractor

Just 4305 per the WHL website.

You were being generous.

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 8:55 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

A crowd of 4300 in Kamloops is twice louder than 6000 in Kelowna

by KBF

nm

Posted on Apr 10, 2013, 9:06 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Its true

by Badwun

What KBF said...an ageing fan base....following the Seattle series my old ticker cant take anymore of their damned overtime games.

Personally, and I know others of like mind.....I just prefer regular season play...sorry playoffs just don't do it for me.

I spend more time at Junior A and B games at least there I'm surrounded by people who live hockey, hockey moms and dads, coaches, players, billets....I go to a Rockets game and the company owner sat behind me with the gold chains and Rolex cant even pronounce the players names......

Well, someone did ask ?

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 11:33 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

LOL

by Randy

Yah, because noone else will move into the fastest growing city in Canada. Once the current people pass away, it will look like a ghost town. Like where the frick are you guys at?

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 11:49 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Truth

by

Think the truth is that yes, a lot of seniors have given up their tickets and new people haven't taken them over....albeit the playoff price increase is pretty large and not appreciated by many. My wife and I have three season tickets, our child is grown now and no longer comes to games much anymore however many people in my section are growing frustrated with the Hamilton Cash crab come post season time and many reconsider on buying season tickets because of it and instead go with prepacks.

I love the team, the organization and think Major Junior hockey is the best there is, although, over the past couple of seasons I've had the opportunity to see many other Western Hockey League Teams and some OHL teams play and think Kelowna's marketing lacks. The Rockets seem to be pretty flat and lack originality for many of their promotions and marketing in comparison to other teams I've seen/visited. Perhaps for all the years of sell-outs and waiting lists for season tickets they didn't have to worry about appealing to the new fan, but now with Westside having a club, Rutland having a jr. B franchise (although I personally don't think the hockey compares)I'm thinking hockey fans have options and cheaper ones at that.

Regardless, I stil support the club and am proud to do it....I will be giving up on my season ticket year, but would agree that the large playoff price increases are starting to show through as we saw less than 5,000 in the rink last night, even though 5,400 hundred was announced.

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 2:17 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Not the fastest growing city in Canada...

by Jamial

by a long shot.

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 7:50 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

That actually belongs to toon town

by hoople head

http://www.journalofcommerce.com/article/id54127/--saskatoon-tops-list-of-fast-growing-canadian-cities

Although they are clearly not all flocking there for the hockey team...

-----------
[linked image]

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 7:54 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Actually belongs to Surrey...

by Jamial

nm

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 4:55 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Nope, its Saskatoon

by Pepper Carrot

nm

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 12, 2013, 12:18 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

top 4 in 2011

by Randy

But sorry to the staff and social studies department at the junior high school I go to for correcting me. lol

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 9:27 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: top 4 in 2011

by Randy

now if you excuse me, Wheels and Snake and Joey Jeremiah and I are going to call Zack and Screech and Slater to see if they want to go for a shake and see if we can get ahold of a census for 2013 so I don't make such a crucial mistake again. Maybe Mr Belding has one.

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 9:36 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

It's the same in many rinks...

by Jamial

Kamloops is the same, aging fan base. Even the biggest pumped up games of the year they can't fillthe place, even though they call it a "sell out".

Need to attract the younger crowd, University kids etc. Prices are not that out of line.

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 7:49 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Here in Spoke................

by CHIEFS-COP

Similar type of dynamic going on. A whole bunch of 'the faithful' have tailed off in their attendance............and I am speaking for me and many of the DFCP.

I think it just comes down to a very simple dynamic.........with all the rule changes, the game we grew up with and continue to (in our heart of hearts) love.....is gone.

Here in Spoke we could only expect a sold-out crowd is on a Buck Night.....dollar dogs, soda and popcorn. And half of those folks have never seen a hockey game before- just buying dinner for the kiddies.

I dream about the 'Old Days'.................

George Talotti, Gail Holden, Dave Cox, Larry Palanio, Don Scherza (a current Chiefs goal judge), Tom Hodges, Ken Gustafson, Tom Rendel, Charlie Goodwin, Gordie Turlik, Dave Toner, Nels Venerus, Jim Chow, Buddy Bodman, Vince Collins, Seth Martin.

These guys, in the day, played HOCKEY.

This shite today is like watching Grade 5 or 6 kids playing broom hockey.

Soap Box............OUT!

[linked image]

CHIEFS-COP

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 9:34 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

"I think it just comes down to a very simple dynamic.........with all the rule changes...

by T.K.O.

the game we grew up with and continue to (in our heart of hearts) love.....is gone". - CHIEFS-COP

BINGO...

KASE KLOSED

[linked image]

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 10:30 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Spoke games

by Anonymous

Spoke games are great alwayse a buzz in the rink. its an event.seems to be good numbers of younger people and familes.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 11:44 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Kelowna Problems

by jc

kelowna is a fairweather town, when the rockets are good the people show up, any glimmer of not winning they stay away it is cut and dry.

however i think the bigger problem is that it is just boring at games. they never have any cool promotions between periods, same old crap and advertisements. they give away the same junk at the same time of every period with that annoying Ian from the radio who knows nothing about hockey and reads cue cards. same music they have been playing for years, and again more advertisements, dont forget the little blimp that goes around dropping 2 for 1 coupons for some trendy restaurant.... and dont u dare start cheering loud the old folks will get upset and get security to toss u out, think im joking? try being loud and vocal and yell at the refs and players and see what happens. its not a hockey game your going to its a business night and certain people are lining their pockets with the same old dull boring game, people are finally seeing it and spending their hard earned money elsewhere.

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 10:15 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

There should be an age limit to post here.

by bcdfan

Your whole post is laugable but here is the part I like best: "....they never have any cool promotions between periods, same old crap and advertisements. they give away the same junk at the same time of every period..."

Happy junk hunting, got to get something for giving them all that money to get into the building!!! LOL

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 12:40 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

It's true.

by Rocketfuel

The games are really quite dull these days aside from the Hockey.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 2:54 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: There should be an age limit to post here.

by jc

u sound like the robot fans that have been groomed in kelowna. absolutely deluded.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 6:37 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: There should be an age limit to post here.

by bcdfan

I am willing to bet you don't even go to the games. While I got you here what do you want to see for your beloved entertainment and give a ways? In Kamloops last night they had two guys racing on tricycles to see who could make one lap around the rink the fastest. Is that what you had in mind? Hope not seen that a 1000 times. Come on loudmouth give us your ideas.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 7:28 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

haha so true

by KBF

Usually I'm with ya JC but the promotions in Kamloops and most places are terrible. I remember the most exciting ones were the shootout they'd have every game and the winner at the end would get a trip to Mexico or somewhere. Why they got rid of that is beyond me.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013, 11:17 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Promotions & Marketing are bad

by Section 109

Honestly I'm so glad someone has started this post and raised some of these points....I've been a season ticket holder since day 1 of the club moving to town and when you look back, game nights have not changed that much promotion and marketing wise.....and trust me!! Do not dare write in or comment to any of the Rocket staff about it because you are then seen as a negative person and their responses make you feel like the biggest piece of s%#t for bringing your opinion forward.

With the Rockets being a family run business its not like we're about to see new faces come in and bring in new ideas in terms of marketing...so, if you enjoy hockey just realize your going to pay top dollar to watch a good level of hockey and also realize that the promotions and fanfare aren't going to change.....Rockets marketing and promotions are stuck in they year 1995.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 5:02 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Why would they change?

by Randy

You guys have made guys like Hamiltons and Chynoweths wildly rich people by unconditionally handing them the keys to the city and handing them a printing press for dollars paid for by your dollars. These fricking owners seem to think that it is a privilege to watch their teams. They walk around like they invented the game. Why would Hamilton spend one dollar on marketing when he is making hand over fist without having to. Why would Chynoweths spend money when they know that they can just pull the pin anytime and go wherever they want. Ed Chynoweth sold suits for a living at Caswells in Saskatoon and became a multi millionaire by facilitating the formailization of charging money to watch young adult children play hockey. Do you have any idea the scandals that went on in the whl during his tenure that would make Penn State look tame? Bruce Hamilton, Chynoweths all come from the same program as the Brodskys. Have you watched the way Lorne Molleken talks to his guys during that tv show???? if he was a cicrus owner talking to his carnies you would call the guy a maniac. These owners are making money on your backs, on kids backs. And you expect them to fluff up their product by spending more money? Go tell the circus owner that the elephants would like to eat caviar and the people in the crowd want more for their dollar. Its all business.

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 7:26 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Fairweather fans?

by Squig

What exactly is a fairweather fan? Cuz somehow these fairweather fans have sold out the building year after year. Kelowna has some of the best attendance in the league - yes it has dropped off lately but look around we ain't alone.

As for the rest of your post i really didnt read it - couldnt be bothered.

I go to games to watch hockey not to get free crap. Most games this year the hockey was great!

Oh and by the way 80% of season ticket holders purchased their playoff packages. Last year was close to 50%. Just saying......

Go Rockets Go!!

Posted on Apr 9, 2013, 8:22 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Good on Kelowna for coming back from 3 games down in their last series.

by canesrock

This series against Kamloops, stick a fork in the Rockets. They are done.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 7:25 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I said it when we were down 3-1

by Rocketfuel

If they came back from down 0-3 against Seattle I don't care what else they do in the playoffs. Hard to play against a fully healthy team with half your team out.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 7:47 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Re: I said it when we were down 3-1

by Jamial

That's all they could say after last nights game as well. Blazers hammered them tonight missing over 70 goals between 2 guys in Smith and Bozon.

Injuries happen to every team. Using that as reason for a loss is nothing but excuses.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 7:51 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Happy to exit?

by IceBirder

Not sure how many teams that win 52 games in the regular season, have the 2nd best record in the league and are top ten in the CHL, would be happy with a 2nd round exit from the playoffs. Yeah, tough with some players out but every team has to deal with injuries.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 7:54 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

errr

by Rocketfuel

Some injuries? We are basically icing a Midget team this series. I think it's pretty legit to use it as an excuse

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 8:10 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

From what I know of the Rockets injury situation, what you said

by canesrock

""Injuries happen to every team. Using that as reason for a loss is nothing but excuses."" I call B.S.

The Rockets not only lost their best player (Colton Sissons) but one of the best overall players in the WHL. They also are missing 5 or 6 other players from their line-up. Tell me what team in any league can lose that many regulars and not fold like a cheap tent.

Not to take anything away from the Blazers but the team they are playing is not really the Rockets of the regular season. As good as the Blazers are, a fully loaded and ready to rock Kelowna team probably beats Kamloops.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 8:16 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

They got 2 of their injured players back the first 2 games

by KBF

Sure missing key guys but so are Blazers. Kamloops has beaten the Rockets 5 out of the 9 losses they've had at home all season and playoffs.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 8:43 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

It would be nice to see a best of 7 beween these 2 teams with every player healthy.

by canesrock

I think it might be another one of those series like Spokane and Tri had in the 2008 Western Conference final. It would take a lot to top that series but I think with these 2 teams at full strength it would be a wicked 7 game series.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 9:01 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

I really hope

by Rocketfuel

You aren't considering Wheaton snd Rigby as back from Injury. These two warriors are playing injured and sacrificing their bodies to help the team. Both of them have yet to go under the knife.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 9:05 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Once again...

by Jamial

Every team in the league has lost "key" players for lengths of time.

Blazers missing 2 "key" players from tonights game and 2/3 of game 1. Lost their captain and several others in November and December after going on a long streak. But the critics then said "they folded like a cheap tent" and "they choked". Nothing about key injuries of course.

Laughable

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 9:49 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

There is a difference between

by Rocketfuel

Losing a couple key guys and 8 key guys. Get your head on straight.

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 11:09 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Not quite right...

by LTSF

When Seattle lost Troock and Alos for the season that put a major dent in our line up. Having Honey get tossed for a crap call didn't help either. So to say we had a fully healthy team is a stretch.

Posted on Apr 8, 2013, 5:50 AM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Video of Hit...

by faxpl

Would anybody care to post the video of the controversial hit involving the Kamloops and Kelowna controversy ...

Thanks

Posted on Apr 7, 2013, 1:42 PM

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Find more forums on WHL TeamsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

This RingSurf Major Junior Hockey Fan Forums Net Ring
owned by Board Moderators.
[ Random Site | List Sites ]