Read More Postings!  

Re: She was my cousin

August 20 2005 at 4:45 PM
No score for this post
A Friend  (no login)

Response to She was my cousin

Should you ever travel to southern California, you might try to look up:

Lisa Valdez, Anissa’s best friend, (they went to Westchester High School together. Lisa might also know where to find Tristan, another close friend.)

Steve Hanford, who attended Del Rey Continuation High School with her and was there in Anissa’s and Paul’s San Diego apartment the night before she died. (The San Diego apartment was Anissa’s and Paul’s summer residence and surfing hideout.) She was living in an apartment in Playa Del Rey (near her Mom,) earlier and the rumor was that she and Paul were to move into an apartment complex (that she wanted to purchase) across the street from Westchester in September of 1976.

And Helen Hennessy, of Littler Lane in Oceanside (not current) - she lived in the house where Anissa died, she also found Anissa, (they were very close and she has a very poignant story about the last time she saw Anissa alive...)

Anissa had many friends at Westchester High School (and Orville Wright Junior High School) although she had a select few that she liked, preferring to keep most people her age at a distance...

If Les Kaufman, her publicist at Fedderson Productions were still alive, he would have some wonderful memories of Anissa and Paul and her mother Paula. Her 'Bri Bri French fry guy' (Brian Keith) has sadly left us...

Allan Koven was her boyfriend of one week and I doubt he could tell the truth about her if he knew it... (But I hope she was happy having found someone!)

The last I heard her mother was still alive, but I don’t think she lives at the Rees St. address anymore...

Finally, if you do gather these memories of her, please do write them down and share them, as there are so many people that feel deeply over the loss of this wonderful spirit that blew our way for a very short time...

P. S. She really wouldn’t like being referred to as ‘Buffy’ at all, but loved being called Anissa (pronounced AnEEsa.) A boy from Orville Wright made a mistake once and called her Buffy and she refused to have anything to do with him ever again, even though they attended the same schools and had classes together... Hmmm I wonder who that boy was...

A Friend

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses