Read More Postings!  

Re: PDR

June 8 2012 at 2:37 AM
No score for this post
Anonymous  (no login)

Response to Re: PDR

So, in your opinion cremation is not or can not be "dignified"? Up until this point NYF I've really enjoyed your posts. But I do take offense to the judgments you're making on this subject. I have had plenty of people close me that chose cremation (a parent included). A memorial service and scattering of remains IS NOT undignified unless you throw the ashes in the trash, toilet, or without regard or respect. Every person that I know that's been cremated and scattered was done with dignity and in accordance with the deceased final wishes. One of my best friends traveled the country recently with her sister to scatter their mother's ashes in all the places she loved most. This was according to her wishes and was a beautiful and respectful time of reflection, remembrance, and bonding for my friend and her sister.
Is it really necessary to have a decomposing vessel submerged in the ground in order to have a place to pay respects and be "dignified"? I'm afraid in this case you should broaden your perspective just a little. More people are currently choosing cremation than burial (Oh, and you can be cremated AND buried), and it behooves you to look a little past your own personal beliefs and be just a little less judgmental. I have actually witnessed mourners at memorial services get angry because there was no body to view. Please think of how silly and selfish that is. Thank you.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

• Re: PDR - Anonymous on Jun 9, 2012
  •  
  • Re: PDR - new york fan on Jun 9, 2012
  •  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement