Read More Postings!  

jackie blue and the gentle rain

July 30 2012 at 10:48 PM
No score for this post
new york fan  (no login)

Response to Seasons in the Sun

when i think of anissa's last months, the song "jackie blue" by the ozark mountain daredevils, comes most to my mind. it's not so much the lyrics of the song, but the very depressing, sad, minor chord progression, the very sound the electric guitar has. that despairing, hopeless, sadness that alcohol and drugs give as hangover. how could anissa not have experienced chronic sadness and hopelessness in those last months, when that's what drugs and alcohol produce as a hangover. she probably didnt even know her sadness and depression were being multiplied ten fold by the drugs and aalcohol.

and when i think of of the love anissa and paul must have had for each other, i think of the song "the gentle rain", specially the version of astrud gilberto. if i could make a movie of anissa'a life, i would include a scene of anissa and paul, just the two of them together on the beach of playa del rey, the two of them playing together, holding hands, as the rain comes down upon them, both of them laughing, holding each other, etc., etc.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses