Latest News Fan Fiction Episode Guide Years 1 thru 3 Episode Guide Years 4 thru 6 Great Moments
Trivia Quiz Franatical Miscellanous Discussion Board Chat Links

RUNHP Discussion BoardFan Fiction Board Happily Divorced Board Chit Chat!

Return to Index  

Re: Breed of esther!!!

September 12 2006 at 8:08 PM

Frannie  (Login FrannieSheffield)
Chat
from IP address 65.5.208.112

Response to Breed of esther!!!

Before purchasing a pom, you need to decide if you are getting it for pet quality, show quality or for breeding. Do research of breeders in your area, if a dog is shipped to you, it'll cost around 250 just for the shipping. Check if your pup is AKC or CKC registered. Expect to pay at least 500 dollars. Poms have either a bear face like Esther, or the longer nose, like Chester had. Some even have the rounded "apple" head, like a chihuahua.

Poms are delicate, and don't do well with small children, as pups they injure easily. My pom, Godiva, twisted her front paw and broke the bone. The repair cost me 1000 dollars.

If you go to PetSmart or PetCo, you can get a book on Poms before you buy, to read up on what exactly it takes to raise one. Once you have a pom, you'll never want another breed again. OH, and as for the coloring, their coloring as a newborn isn't necessarily their adult coloring. Godiva was pure white with caramel ears and an eye patch. Now she's got large dark caramel patches all over her coat with the white. She was only 2 pounds when I got her, and last week she weighed in at a whopping 8 pounds. She's 15 months now, and is a total Mommy's girl. They're worth every penny you spend on them, like Fran said of Chester. You can't put a price on the affection and loyalty they give you.

Frannie

Snow Princess Godiva Francine

Respond to this message   
Responses

Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Back to The Really Unofficial Nanny Home Page