Return to Index  

Tu and SU

February 3 2012 at 10:03 AM
Pawel ''Vodnik'' Krupowicz  (Login Vodnik)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 95.160.32.21

Response to my understanding.....

Tu-95 in Russian is "Too 95" because it is from the aircraft designer's name: Tupolev (toopolev). And Su-27 is "Soo 27" - Sukhoi (sookhoi).
But AFV names are most likely indeed pronounced differently. So in Russian ASU-85 is probably "ah ess oo 85". Not "ey ess you", as U is pronounced as "you" and A as "ey" only in English, in most other languages it is "oo" and "ah".

Pawel

NOTE: Insert .k between my name and @ in my email address!!!

Respond to this message   

Posting or replying to messages on Tank Talk requires visitors to register:

1. First you will need to register with Network 54, the Forum provider. Click here to register with Network 54. (If you already have a Network 54 Login you can go straight to the next step)
  2. Then, while signed in to Network 54, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

Please note a few points of etiquette. First, would all contributors please use their real name and/or their actual e-mail address. All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments. These posts will promptly be removed from the server. Off-topic posts will also be removed from the server. Repeat offenders will be blocked from accessing all of HyperScale's Forums.

In addition, "Tank Talk" is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

Finally, please note that this Discussion Group is privately operated and that I reserve the right to delete any post for any reason whatsoever.

free counters