Return to Index  

Here's some books....

February 16 2012 at 9:13 AM
  (Login csosus)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 76.184.121.60

Response to Good ref's for Russian WWII SPGs?

on the SU & ISU type tanks that I know of:

Kagero Topshots #38 - SU-76 Polish publication but in English. Very good color photos with close-ups and interiors shots of museum survivors, 42 pages 130+ pics. ISBN 978-83-60445-55-6 This is the only one of the Kagero books that I have on the SU tanks, they may have others.

Wydawnictwo Militaria #240 - Tank Power Vol XX - SU-85/100/122 - Polish Text with English summary and Polish/English captions. Many b/w photos, color plates, line drawings and even some color pics of museum SU's. Excellent references.

Wydawnictwo Militaria #260 - Tank Power Vol XXXVI - SU-76 - Polish Text with English summary and Polish/English captions. Same as above but on the SU-76

Frontline Illustraded 04-2002: Self-Propelled Artllery of the Red Army. This has some great pics and color plates but is entirely in Russian. I have no idea who printed or distributes these and there is no ISBN #.

Armor Museum #8 - SU-76 Very comprehensive with many scale drawings of interior/exterior parts, b/w photos and color plates, all dedicated to the SU-76 (100+ pages) Unfortunately it is completely in Russian and I can find no publisher name or ISBN number.

Armor Museum #16 - SU-122 Same as the above but on the SU-122

Armor Museum #18 - SU-85 Same as the above but on the SU-85

Other books cover more than the SU series and include all Soviet tanks too. Here's the only one in my meager library:

Soviet Tanks and combat Vehicles of WWII by Steven Zaloga, Arms & Armour Press, 230+ pages, covers all Soviet tanks ISBN 0-85368-606-8

Hope this helps,
Cheers

Respond to this message   

Posting or replying to messages on Tank Talk requires visitors to register:

1. First you will need to register with Network 54, the Forum provider. Click here to register with Network 54. (If you already have a Network 54 Login you can go straight to the next step)
  2. Then, while signed in to Network 54, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

Please note a few points of etiquette. First, would all contributors please use their real name and/or their actual e-mail address. All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments. These posts will promptly be removed from the server. Off-topic posts will also be removed from the server. Repeat offenders will be blocked from accessing all of HyperScale's Forums.

In addition, "Tank Talk" is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

Finally, please note that this Discussion Group is privately operated and that I reserve the right to delete any post for any reason whatsoever.

free counters