<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Source for 35th Scale Boys Anti-Tank Rifle

August 10 2012 at 10:42 AM

(Login jeffryfontaine)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 71.217.51.140

Other than what comes in the Tamiya LRDG Chevrolet truck kit and the rather anemic offering from Italeri. Is the Boys .50 ATR available as a separate purchase item?

If there is nothing available as a separate purchase item would anyone be willing to part with their Tamiya Boys Anti-Tank Rifles?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login djnick66)
HyperScale Forums

Resicast may have one nt

August 10 2012, 11:07 AM 

nt

Respond to this message   

(Login jeffryfontaine)
HyperScale Forums

RE: Boys ATR

August 10 2012, 6:52 PM 

Checked Resicast web page and the listing maintained by R&J. Neither one has a Boys ATR listed for Resicast. Email to Resicast to ask and now it is hurry up and wait for a reply.

This message has been edited by jeffryfontaine from IP address 71.217.51.140 on Aug 10, 2012 6:53 PM

Respond to this message   

(Login jeffryfontaine)
HyperScale Forums

August 11 2012, 9:49 AM 

Received reply from Graham at Resicast.

He states that he has never offered the Boys ATR as a separate purchase item but has included it in several of his update or conversion sets. He offered to cast up some of the rifles for sale so it is possible to obtain these from Resicast if you ask the right questions. The postage at this point is the only major issue I see in acquiring some of these and for what I have in mind it might be better to hack up the Italeri or Tamiya rifles instead. I do have a few of each in the parts bin and at this point wanted some spares to cover the fudge factor that usually accompanies anything I do.

Respond to this message   

(Login rgronovius)
HyperScale Forums

Re: Source for 35th Scale Boys Anti-Tank Rifle

August 10 2012, 9:49 PM 

I have an ancient built LRDG truck, but I wouldn't know a Boys if it bit me. I probably have it in the old built box.

RobG

Respond to this message   

(Login Mick4350)
HyperScale Forums

Italeri may be your best choice

August 11 2012, 2:28 AM 

as it is the easiest to obtain readily from set #407. There are three rifle's in the weapons set.

Respond to this message   

(Login jeffryfontaine)
HyperScale Forums

Source for 35th Scale Boys Anti-Tank Rifle

August 11 2012, 9:51 AM 

I have a couple of the Italeri and Tamiya rifles in the parts bin. I wanted a couple of spares to cover any mistakes I made in modifying the things as I usually have some kind of mishap during the modification process and a couple of extras would take care of any mistakes that will be made.

Respond to this message   

(Login djnick66)
HyperScale Forums

I'd just get more of the Italeri ones

August 11 2012, 10:21 AM 

I it came in the Italeri set. You can get that old set cheap I am sure. Or someone will have some rifles from it.

My uncle used to own a Boys rifle. It hung up in the bar in his house for many years.

Respond to this message   

(Login jeffryfontaine)
HyperScale Forums

August 13 2012, 2:09 PM 

Thanks to all of you that took the time to reply.

Though the modern marvels of the interweb and networking I have a couple of spare Tamiya and Italeri Boys anti-tank rifles coming my way.

I am still undecided on which one represents best the Boys weapon as one is quite robust and the other is a bit on the dainty side. With some luck I can find a happy medium.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Source for 35th Scale Boys Anti-Tank Rifle
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Posting or replying to messages on Tank Talk requires visitors to register:

1. First you will need to register with Network 54, the Forum provider. Click here to register with Network 54. (If you already have a Network 54 Login you can go straight to the next step)
  2. Then, while signed in to Network 54, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

Please note a few points of etiquette. First, would all contributors please use their real name and/or their actual e-mail address. All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments. These posts will promptly be removed from the server. Off-topic posts will also be removed from the server. Repeat offenders will be blocked from accessing all of HyperScale's Forums.

In addition, "Tank Talk" is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

Finally, please note that this Discussion Group is privately operated and that I reserve the right to delete any post for any reason whatsoever.

free counters