Return to Index  

No mods, no changes. It's a review ship so I have to build it OOB.

August 1 2011 at 10:13 AM

Bruno  (Login BrunoSchielzeth)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 66.72.235.0

Response to Hi Bruno looking good - Got one planned - can you list aftermarket & mods, if any, you did

Actually everything is pretty good for a late 80s fit but I know there are the Bushmaster guns at WEM and resin Phalanx systems. I believe there are .50s out there too. The Bushmasters came and went a lot however. From what I've read and heard the ship was issued the Bushmasters for a single patrol or mission and then they were removed and put back into stock. It seems odd, but I guess that's the way it was?

The kit parts are pretty accurate and detailed. Resin replacements probably wouldn't be any improvement. But adding things that changed along the line or were added later would make the ship more accurate for a different time period. Like any U.S. ship, nothing stayed the same for long.

I know I'll be adding some guns after I get the ship back, I just think she looks better with a pair of Bushmasters on her, either on the upper bridge platforms or down on the upper deck near the main mast. Both positions exist on the kit and it looks strange without something there.

Rueben James 062

Rueben James 063

I just finished adding all the rest of the stuff to the main mast this morning. Things are looking properly cluttered and busy now. The railings weren't as intimidating as they looked. Everything takes a bit of skill and steady hands, but it can be done without too much trauma. The main radar is, by far, the most difficult to build. Just take your time and don't rush things and it will work. I built, destroyed, and rebuilt mine about three times. Heck, I glued it to my thumb twice and had to soak the whole thing in Acetone to scrape the skin and excess CA off of the screen. wink.gif But in the end it worked. The photoetch is pretty solid and doesn't fall apart all that easily, thank goodness.

Rueben James

I'm impressed with the kit. VERY impressed.

[linked image] Illegitimi non carborundum
In memory of Denis Keegan.

Respond to this message   

Posting or replying to messages on HyperScale's Forums visitors to register. If you are already registered to post to Plane Talking, your login will work here too. If you do not have a login, please follow these instructions:

1. First you will need to register with Network 54, the Forum provider. Click here to register with Network 54. (If you already have a Network 54 Login you can go straight to the next step)
  2. Then, while signed in to Network 54, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

Please note a few points of etiquette. First, would all contributors please use their real name and/or their actual e-mail address. All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments. These posts will promptly be removed from the server.

In addition, Ship Chat is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles on HyperScale. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

Finally, please note that this Discussion Group is privately operated and that I reserve the right to delete any post for any reason whatsoever.

free counters