Return to Index  

I admire your urge to build her in the early war version Steve.

January 17 2012 at 4:37 AM

(Login BrunoSchielzeth)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 68.74.170.199

Response to more Yamato maddness

It looks like you are doing an excellent job back dating the kit! I like your railings too, but there is no way in the world I have enough time to use the Detail-Up parts. I've decided I might just try them at some point because they look "interesting". Just, sadly, not on this build.

Judging from all the parts and spare parts in the box I would think that an early Yamato would be a matter of removing or shifting things and leaving off a LOT of AAA. I'm sure a new molding of the bridge tower would make life easier for you, but it looks like you have it figured out. I've noticed a lot of detail already molded on is covered by the upgrades to the 1945 fit, so Tamiya was going for a 3-in-1 kit from the beginning. It only makes sense. The molds cost a fortune to cut. It just makes economic sense to get as much use as you can from them.

Are you going to drill out the plugged portholes? If so you are definitely going a lot further than I would or could. Good luck with your build and you will have the ONLY early Yamato out there when you are done. I don't imagine Tamiya will release theirs for six months or a year. Once the sales of the late version start to slide they will offer up the next version I'm sure. I've enjoyed this build enough that I might actually buy my own kit of the early Yamato.

[linked image] Illegitimi non carborundum
In memory of Denis Keegan.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Posting or replying to messages on HyperScale's Forums visitors to register. If you are already registered to post to Plane Talking, your login will work here too. If you do not have a login, please follow these instructions:

1. First you will need to register with Network 54, the Forum provider. Click here to register with Network 54. (If you already have a Network 54 Login you can go straight to the next step)
  2. Then, while signed in to Network 54, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

Please note a few points of etiquette. First, would all contributors please use their real name and/or their actual e-mail address. All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments. These posts will promptly be removed from the server.

In addition, Ship Chat is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles on HyperScale. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

Finally, please note that this Discussion Group is privately operated and that I reserve the right to delete any post for any reason whatsoever.

free counters