<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Lindberg 1/144 USS Arizona?

December 24 2009 at 9:57 AM
Bill M.  (Login kb466)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 67.164.151.106

I remember last fall that Lindberg had announced a 1/l44 scale USS Arizona BB-39, but I heard few other details. Does anyone know when this thing is going to be released? Any news as to whether it is going to be any good or not?... particularly as regards accuracy? I hope they consult some "experts" to make sure they get it right. There is lots of reference material available if they look. If it is any good, what a kit that might be!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ed Grune
(no login)

Re: Lindberg 1/144 USS Arizona?

December 24 2009, 10:26 AM 

Tracy White may be along to add in some more current details. IIRC, he has offered help to Lindberg's "expert" master model maker. After an initial favorable response there has been little further interchange. Help can be offered, but it also has to be accepted.

The hand-build model shown at the recent RCTHA show had about one thing going for it, it was large. Accuracy, you are talking about Lindberg arn't you.

As far as release date, I've heard that it is a 2011 project.

Respond to this message   
Tracy White
(Login TracyWhite)
HyperScale Forums

Not much of an update

December 27 2009, 10:00 AM 

I talked with Ernie Lindberg's CEO and Rich, the builder of the model shown at the Chicago Toy Show a couple of times soon after the news broke but recent calls to Ernie have reached his voice mail and have not been returned.

I consider said model to be an amateurish representation at best with many inaccuracies. I try and keep the old Heinlein quote "A 'critic' is a man who creates nothing and thereby feels qualified to judge the work of creative men," in mind and not speak ill of the work of someone who did a project I have not. I also think that if Lindberg releases a kit similar to what we saw, after the offers of help from at least four people who have good knowledge of the ship, that it will be an insult to the sailors who died on her.

Respond to this message   
Bill M.
(Login kb466)
HyperScale Forums

Re: Not much of an update

December 27 2009, 2:22 PM 

Well, I hope that Lindberg sees the light and takes advantage of the offers of help from people that know. If done right, this 1/144 kit could be outstanding. However, if it is riddled with errors-- well, that would not be good. Suffice it to say that errors that would not be so apparent on a 1/700, or even a 1/350 kit, will be glaring errors in 1/144 scale. I am impressed that Lindberg has decided to undertake the challenge of a 1/144 USS Arizona, but will be greatly disappointed if they screw it up.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Posting or replying to messages on HyperScale's Forums visitors to register. If you are already registered to post to Plane Talking, your login will work here too. If you do not have a login, please follow these instructions:

1. First you will need to register with Network 54, the Forum provider. Click here to register with Network 54. (If you already have a Network 54 Login you can go straight to the next step)
  2. Then, while signed in to Network 54, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

Please note a few points of etiquette. First, would all contributors please use their real name and/or their actual e-mail address. All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments. These posts will promptly be removed from the server.

In addition, Ship Chat is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles on HyperScale. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

Finally, please note that this Discussion Group is privately operated and that I reserve the right to delete any post for any reason whatsoever.

free counters