<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Odd request

October 29 2011 at 10:35 AM
  (no login)
from IP address 98.114.238.48

I have an unusual request. As some of you know, I have created a website resource for anyone interested in modeling the US Coast Guard. I recently gave the site a major overhaul and republished it. I now have a gentleman telling me I have 2 websites, the original and the updated. This is not possible. The website is on a self hosted network on a PC in my bedroom. When I make a change I delete the old page and insert the new one. The old page does not exist anymore and should not be accessible. I request that you guys (even if you are not interested in the Coast Guard) just click onto my link www.coastguardmodeling.com
and tell me what you see. You should see a page that says This is THE site with rotating images of some of my models. You should not see a page that says Greetings and ends with a change history with Ray Bean as the last entry. E-mail me your answer. I just want to make sure this thing is working right. Thanks for the help!

Frank

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mike Kippenhan
(no login)

you are correct

October 29 2011, 12:50 PM 

Looks correct to me Frank. The other person may have the clear their cache or they have something bookmarked.
Mike

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Thanks - I'll pass this to him

October 30 2011, 5:52 AM 

Respond to this message   

(Login John_Rood)
HyperScale Forums

The new site comes up properly, and what a cool site it is! nt

November 8 2011, 10:59 AM 

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Odd request
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Posting or replying to messages on HyperScale's Forums visitors to register. If you are already registered to post to Plane Talking, your login will work here too. If you do not have a login, please follow these instructions:

1. First you will need to register with Network 54, the Forum provider. Click here to register with Network 54. (If you already have a Network 54 Login you can go straight to the next step)
  2. Then, while signed in to Network 54, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

Please note a few points of etiquette. First, would all contributors please use their real name and/or their actual e-mail address. All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments. These posts will promptly be removed from the server.

In addition, Ship Chat is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles on HyperScale. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

Finally, please note that this Discussion Group is privately operated and that I reserve the right to delete any post for any reason whatsoever.

free counters