<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Contacting Coastal Forces Plans - Impossible

February 28 2012 at 12:24 PM
  (Login martin.malczewski)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 192.148.117.111

Hi
Try as hard as I might I can't get through to Coastal Forces Plans via email. I purchased some plans three and a half weeks ago and am trying to confirm they were posted. I paid via Paypal without trouble but every time I have tried contact via (alross2@aol.com) email listed on his website i get the following message

554 5.7.1 Your mail could not be delivered because the recipient is only
   accepting mail from specific email addresses.

Anyone have a different method to contact from Australia?

Thanks
Regards
Martin Malczewski

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mainely Rick
(Login MainelyRick)
HyperScale Forums

Hmmm

February 28 2012, 1:09 PM 

Al Ross is usually good as gold.
If you want to try the telephone, you might reach him at Bluejacket Shipcrafters, Searsport, Maine. He's also on this Forum often. I'm confident he will set things right.

Rick in Maine

Respond to this message   

(Login alross2)
HyperScale Forums

For some reason...

February 28 2012, 3:05 PM 

I've been having this issue with overseas orders. I don't have any screening set up to reject mail other than normal spam. I will dig into my PayPal account and see if your address and order is there.

Al Ross

Respond to this message   

(Login TracyWhite)
HyperScale Forums

Hey Al....

February 28 2012, 11:31 PM 

I maintain e-mail servers for a living (amongst other types as well) and that error looks to me more like a server-side thing and nothing that would be in your settings. I suspect a call to AOL support may be your best option. A search for that error message online turned up a lot of posts about AOL that were never resolved with "this is how I fixed it.." type of posts.

Respond to this message   

(Login shipmodeler)
HyperScale Forums

Tracy helped me with a similar problem

March 1 2012, 6:48 PM 

I was trying to communicate via email to a company in Poland that uses an email with a ".pl" extension. The company mistook Tracy for me (Rusty White) and returned the email to him. Apparently Yahoo's servers weren't set up to accept the ".pl" extension that resulted in the emails not getting through to me. He saw the mistake and forwarded it to me.

Long story short, Tracy noticed the ".pl" extension and suggested I contact Yahoo tech support. I did, and they sent in a report so that Yahoo would now recognize the ".pl" extension. It took three days to get set up, but I can now communicate with my client in Poland. I would suggest you take Tracy's advice. Your problem sounds quite similar to mine.

Rusty White
Flagship Models Inc.
flagshipmodels.com

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Contacting Coastal Forces Plans - Impossible
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Posting or replying to messages on HyperScale's Forums visitors to register. If you are already registered to post to Plane Talking, your login will work here too. If you do not have a login, please follow these instructions:

1. First you will need to register with Network 54, the Forum provider. Click here to register with Network 54. (If you already have a Network 54 Login you can go straight to the next step)
  2. Then, while signed in to Network 54, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

Please note a few points of etiquette. First, would all contributors please use their real name and/or their actual e-mail address. All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments. These posts will promptly be removed from the server.

In addition, Ship Chat is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles on HyperScale. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

Finally, please note that this Discussion Group is privately operated and that I reserve the right to delete any post for any reason whatsoever.

free counters