Return to Index  

I find it interesting

March 3 2008 at 11:57 PM

Vince  (Login MoxiFox)
Von Klumpen

Response to We're all just people

(Now that I can see things much more objectively than I could, as a Christian)....

That Jesus had to appeal so heavily to belief alone. Hardly what you would expect from Almighty God who ALREADY knew the outcome (supposedly).

Contrast Jesus' method with former Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau ...... when questioned with skepticism....

What did Trudeau say when doubtfully asked what he was going to do about a crisis situation?

"Watch me."

I was never a Trudeau lover myself but I have to give him credit for having the guts to believe in himself. Never a moment of self-doubt from that guy.

How about Jesus, on the other hand? He constantly had to appeal to his followers' belief in him (which, by extension, amounts to self-doubt and a need for validation). In his final hours, Jesus vacillated ............. praying for deliverance ("let this cup pass") ....... sweating profusely and even reversing himself on his philosophy of pacifism by suggesting his followers sell their posessions and buy swords.

You really have to wonder about a God-rep. who needs to harp on belief in himself so much. A good leader doesn't need that; a good leader CONVINCES.

-Vince

Respond to this message   
Responses