Return to Index  

Stats mean nothing, Ju

August 9 2008 at 1:25 PM
Jackie  (Login BlueJudah)
Sufi

Response to The stats dont support your view Jackie

So many people just say they are Christian by habit. You know that. Our schools still teach from a Christian view point as though there are 5 major religions, let's look at them, but from our Christian view point. But when all is said and done, I judge on by what is around me. I live in an improving but basically middling working class housing estate and I know hardly anyone who goes to church, even at Christmas, when once a lot did or on special occasions.

Where do these stats come from? When I was baptised, my birth certificate stated, still states of course, () that I am Church Of England. But am I now? I think not?

"Sorry, but wishful thinking doesn't replace evidence."

I care not a bit what people label themselves, Ju. I don't need wishful thinking. I already know labels don't make a person. A Christian is not a nice person cos they are a Christian, etc. An Atheist is not a bad eprson cos they are atheist. We could have it on 'fact' that the majority of the UK are Satan worshippers / Christians, it is what the individual is.

Just stating what I observe around my immediate area. I don't need to defend a thing.

The foul and dirty deeds of the Christian religion speak for themselves, do they not? Past 'redemption', imo.

By the by......"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." Wink wink.

See ya, honey
Jackie

(BTW again, Ju. Had a strange moment an half hour or so ago. A de ja vu. I was in the kitchen, incense burning, two candles on, window open, rain pouring, beautiful cool atmosphere, sky just turning dark. Then I head in my head Silent Night. Took me back the first week or so when we met....you remember? Our first mails, then the Friendship. Wanted to say Something to you but lost the moment. How strange, eh?

Always the best of friends, I hope so very much, but a seemingly heart rendering distance, a Something...sigh.

Love ya...
Jackie

We are all of 1 Spirit
and
1 Spirit is The All That Is!

Respond to this message   
Responses