Return to Index  

It's a non-starter

September 10 2008 at 10:26 AM

Mondo  (Premier Login Oscar50)
Forum Owner

Response to I'm just looking at the established religionist side

As you said above "God as defined cannot exist in this Universe". In fact, the God they have created cannot exist. Period.

Still I'm a theist. But I don't believe in their god, and it really pains me to see how much evil has been done in the name of god in many religions. As well, the very idea that God wrote and/or inspired this book, when just a little cursory investigation into the history of it, and just a little, and I mean little, critical thinking can show you how it can't possibly be inerrant.

Inerrant in which language? Which translation?

I mean I started a search some decades ago now as a Christian, into the truth behind the Bible. A lot of what I read really pissed me off at first, but as I read more and found some balanced writings, the blinders were slowly lifted. Then applying some good old critical thinking, such as, "why are there so many denoniminations?" and "Why do we see Christians arguing with each other over translations, and interpretations?"

It soon became clear that there are as many interpretations as there are people.

The first peace, which is the most important, is that which comes within the souls of people when they realize their relationship, their oneness with the universe and all its powers, and when they realize that at the center of the universe dwells the Great Spirit, and that this center is really everywhere, it is within each of us.
-- Black Elk (1863-1950)

Respond to this message   
Responses