Return to Index  

A very compassionate post

December 12 2009 at 6:17 AM
Jackie  (Login BlueJudah)
Sufi

Response to The source

Very nice indeed. happy.gif

You have hit on one of the 'concepts' that I feel is a 'right' Way yet I admit I cannot fully utitlise. The concept is Unconditional Love. It seems there are levels to this love, yet I gues there really is only the One.

This is another theme of Kabbalah that attracts me. That of sharing, even more than just what is comfortable. They call it sharing outside of the comfort zone.

If we are rich and we give a sum of money, and that sum of money affects us not enough to actually be sharing parts of our own share, so to speak, is that really enough? So if a poor old woman gives part of her only meal of the day to a starving cat, she is giving / sharing more that the small financial contribution of the wealthy countess.

Yeah, I get that. The old lady actually comes out of her comfort zone and unconditionally shares . The wealthy countess shares that which is unmissable to her, her comfort zone is not breached, she does not need the experience of uncontional love.

My problem is unconditionally loving what I see as the unlovebale. The children and animal abusers and torturers. the politicians we put our trust in and fail us, never intending anything else..etc.

Love is a force that connects us to every strand of the universe, an unconditional state that characterizes human nature, a form of knowledge that is always there for us if only we can open ourselves to it

I know the theory but am still a novice in It's practice. happy.gif

But I try....

There are moments. quite a lot really, when I feel total despair. One example. A chef here recently, a guy I had liked up to then, referred to a 'product' of the milk industry. This 'product' was a little baby cow, a calf, and he was talking of an ingredient in his next recipe. A claf that had been snatched from his over impregnated mother at birth and shoved into a veal box.
How can one get over this kind of dispair? These things are hapening every minute to someone / something somewhere.

Some one elsewhere once said to me, all we can do is realise that each is having It's life experience. It is part of a much bigger picture. The calf is not just a calf. It is a soul experiencing an earth experience..

Whatever expalantion, it will still hurt badly. There seems rto be no way around that except to be able to distance ourselves at times from the worl, be objective. This does not mean burying our head in the sand. We help whenever and however we can.

Here is a really comforting video about The Grace of Uncondtional Love.
Not sure what you will make of it. I like it.

object width="425" height="344">

It is from a guy, who like Chopra, has probably made millions from his books and courses. But i still think we get insight from all places and people and should not be to damning.

Love to you
Jackie
happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Responses