Return to Index  

Creation VS Evolution

April 21 2012 at 7:59 PM

Mr. Sapien  (Login Application11)

Response to I contrast science with scientism

That's one thing I've been trying to figure out for a while and I have concluded that there is something much bigger going on, something that we don't yet comprehend, and it deals with the nature of reality and what the Universe is itself.

I have problems with creationism and the idea that everything is going according to a divine plan where everything was somehow designed and predetermined and is somehow being watched over. But on the other hand, I've never been able to embrace evolution either since I've had questions about complexity and the drives needed to make it all happen, and evolutionists have never been able to explain those problems.

I think of it like this.

Take the city of Edmonton for example -- how did the city get to the point where it is today and then try to apply the methods of both 'creation' and 'evolution' to explain it to see if either one makes any sense.

The creationist mindset it to claim that Edmonton must have been designed by the first inhabitants, hundreds of years ago. They determined where every street, light-post, building and park would be and as Edmonton is growing, it's all going according to some plan from the first settlers. Seems quite ridiculous, right?

The evolutionist mindset on the other hand, would claim that Edmonton is the result of random processes with no intelligence in the equation. Roads would either have built themselves or were simply paved at random by blind road-makers that had no idea how to build roads. Buildings and bridges were either blown together by the wind or were the result of builders just throwing stuff together at random, having no idea what they were doing. And, that blind and random process managed to build a complex city.

So then -- was Edmonton created or did it evolve?

When you look at it -- it's both. The city evolved to the point where it is today, but it was not the result of a random and blind process or the result of some blueprint that was written up from hundreds of years ago. Every road, building or park is a result of intelligence. And as Vince pointed out -- is the result of a multitude of creators.

Respond to this message   
Responses