Return to Index  

The tipping point

April 23 2012 at 11:15 PM

Vince  (Login MoxiFox)
Von Klumpen

Response to Works both ways!

That's what keeps coming to my mind...

Like a teeter-totter ... where you keep adding weight to the light end ... little by little ...

At first it seems ridiculous to think you could affect that 300 lb guy sitting on the other end, as you add a pound, 5 lb, 10 lb etc. There's not even the HINT of any movement. But eventually, the board begins to move ever so slightly. He leans back and it goes his way but he can't keep it up for long. All of a sudden, that one 10 lb weight causes him to rise into the air and you've won ... especially when he then loses his grip and comes rolling down the plank as well because he's not accustomed to that position.

I have this instinctive feeling that we're near the tipping point. The problem with any "establishment" is that they become "comfortable" and settled because they've never failed. They have their own tried/true methods which have always worked successfully ... and they become complacent with that.

When the tipping point comes, it's the little guys who have been testing and learning the ropes and finding ways to succeed. The old farts have nothing but their old habits. When the old ways don't work any more, they don't have a clue on how to adapt and whamo -as more and more of their own minions slide over to the "winning side"- they're left high, dry, vulnerable and exposed.

We must not capitulate; we must keep chiseling away, doing our own small parts ... and keep LEARNING and keep talking to others.

Today a gas meter man came to my house to install a sending unit on the gas meter.

Last year they sent me notices that I HAD TO have my meter put outside ... so that it could be read by meter readers without needing to enter the house. This was their policy and if I didn't comply, I would eventually have the gas shut off to my house.

Problem was ... in order for them to put the meter outside, they needed to dig a hole in the middle of the yard and then push a pipe under ground from there to the house and then dig another hole just next to the wall of the house to bring the pipe up. All of that because I have a deck in the way, where the meter pipe goes into the house.

So I said to the guy -(a private contractor of course ... which greatly reduces accountability)- that it wasn't necessary. Number 1 ... they could do their work right next to the house and I would take out the necessary deck boards for them. Number 2 ... they could put a small sending unit on the gas meter inside the house, through the wall .. and put a small read-out device there. I would even drill the hole for them if they wanted.

He said he would get back to me ... but never did. See, I was asking them to do something which they had no "policy" for, to do. They could DO IT all right ... but because it was DIFFERENT than their set procedures, they didn't know how to deal with that aspect.

So now they've changed their "policy". Now they simply put a sending unit on the meter and it puts out a wifi signal with the house ID and meter reading ... when a meter reading car comes driving by. (a "wake up on LAN" system).

We can have a LOT of power if we actually know what we WANT. They don't know squat outside of their policies.

Oh, and I spoke to the meter modifier man about some of the stuff that's going on in the world. Guess what? He was ALREADY fairly awake. Why? Because Workman's Compensation had screwed him. When I told him that the government(s) don't REALLY CARE about the people ... he instantly knew that I was correct.

-Vince

Respond to this message