(Login BlueJudah) Sufi Posted Feb 28, 2008 2:00 PM
Great post, Jabs. Thank you.
MR. D first introduced me to George Carlin via his web site a few years back now. I loved listening to what he had to say and have since found some great You Tubes featuring him. Alas, I have yet to see him on TV....
Of course, I can't say I agree with all he says though.
He seems to me to be an interim sort of human being. 'Out with the fairies' (or angels, I remember his spout about people visioning angels. but also throwing out baby withe the bath water...
But maybe not. I read that George believes in some sort of 'intelligence' which we will never, as humans, begin to understand. Have to agree with him on that one....
I like his views on Ageing...
HOW TO STAY YOUNG
1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay "them."
2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. "An idle mind is the devil's workshop." And the devil's name is Alzheimer's.
4. Enjoy the simple things.
5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love , whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.
10. Tell the people you love that you love them , at every opportunity.
AND ALWAYS REMEMBER :
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
I think this is brilliant Wisdom....
Jabs, great post again.
Oh and BTW..."The planet is fine. The people are fucked."
Love and LIGHT
"I am everything and everything is me, I am infinite possibility.”