that all the important and significant artifacts of Biblical belief ........ got "lost" so easily. No one ever batted an eye. That's just the "way it was" in them days!
- The commandments written on stone by the very finger of God ...... just lost in a fit of anger. Moses threw them down and they broke. God understood completely. "Ooooh ka-a-a-y," God said, "Let's do it again then, shall we? This time YOU write them on stone with YOUR finger!" (Mind you, it's not clear though either -in later explanations- whether the final commandments were written by Moses or by God's finger.)
- The bronze serpent in the wilderness. They supposedly HAD this artifact for something like 500 - 700 years and then one day Hezekiah decides to destroy the thing because the people are worshiping it! Oh well; too bad. These things happen. Why didn't he simply get the thing put into a vault and hide it somewhere? No one knows and no one cared. It was just getting too damned old anyway.
- The Ark of the Covenant. The most central and important piece of work to the entire Jewish and Christian faiths. It's gone now and even its HISTORY wasn't traced with care. Solomon put it into his new temple for a final resting place. 300 years later, it was -inexplicably- being carried around by priests from place to place again and King Josiah made a decree and a place for it in the renovated temple so that it could 'finally' rest there. Then it just .................. disappeared ............. into thin air!! Nobody has a clue as to what ever happened to it.
- Aaron's staff. This was supposed to be tucked into the ark along with a bowl full of manna, the 10 commandments on stone and ........ Moses' book of the law. The ark was so holy and electrified that any normal person touching it would be killed, so no one could get inside of it to pilfer anything. Yet, by the time Solomon put it into his temple, "somebody" looked inside and saw the contents, for ......it's recorded that "There was nothing in the ark save the two tables of stone, which Moses put there at Horeb." (!) 1 Kings 8:9 ; 2 Chr. 5:10
- Book of the Law. Ok, this was tucked into a side pocket in the Ark. Can you IMAGINE the books of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy ............... ALL ......... sitting in a side pocket, chiseled onto stone tablets?!? Good lord ...... it would take a FREIGHT TRAIN to move it! Anyway ......... it seems to have been "snatched" out already by the time Solomon presented his viewing in the new temple because it wasn't in the ark by that time. 300 years later though, apparently ......... the book is FOUND sitting in the basement of the temple ........ totally overlooked and missing for ALL THOSE YEARS!! aNd ........ wELl ...... it disappeared agin later, when the ark itself disappeared.~
Kind of like Elvis Presley. I wonder if Elvis will ever officially come back?