Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Great podcast, Vince
    • Jackie (Login BlueJudah)
      Sufi
      Posted May 27, 2012 11:42 AM

Thanks. happy.gif

I always find listening to awakened folks most enlightening and I am hearing them more and more which is AWESOME! happy.gif

First, just to say I have still to finish the podcast, for reasons related below a bit, but what I did hear was most encouraging as I also believe these whistle blowers are growing in numbers each day, as indeed are 'mutineers' in the forces. All sorts of folks are now doing a lot more questioning and demanding answers.

I was particular taken with Susan Lindauer's mention of Hezbollah Women due to my own past involvement with Iranian sisters. I lost touch but always get a recurring urge to pick up again, though how I can reconcile that desire with my present life situation, I have no idea - as yet. But who knows, happy.gif

I found this article which I just wanted to share here, its important, I think, in regard to the recent attacks by America and Brits against Libya causing incredible destruction and hardships that affected in the main civilians.

UN Women, Women's Empowerment and Arab States

[linked image]

The UN Women's Fund for Gender Equality launches proposals for Women's Empowerment in Arab States. Perhaps everyone could take a page out of Muammar Gaddafi's book in Libya, where women have been given total conditions to foster their careers without regard to gender-based impediments.

Muammar al-Qathafi's record in Libya in terms of human rights and women's rights is superb, so much so that he was to receive a prize from the UNO this March (2011). Susan Lindauer, ex-CIA, states the following:

"Gaddafi has a very strong record on women's rights: Women have the right to education, hold property, divorce, hold jobs, have income--many rights that other women in the Arab world do not have. So he is a moderate. And he is not involved in any terrorism at all. That [rumor] is absolutely foolishness". (1)

The Fund has set aside USD 16 million for its 2011-2012 grant-making cycle, with USD 4 million projected for grants in the Arab States and more if contributions during this grant-making cycle increase. Grants will start at USD 200,000 for initiatives that make tangible improvements in the lives of women and girls. The Fund will accept proposals from Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, the occupied Palestinian territory, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates and Yemen. Applicants may download the Call for Proposals and Grant Application athttp://www.unwomen.org/fge/application-guidelines/. The first set of grants will be announced in December 2011.

http://english.pravda.ru/history/17-10-2011/119342-unwomen_empowerment-0/

(I will be doing some further reading about Hezbollah Women today, though I guess I am going to have to use great discernment and discretion in what I come across = thanks again.)

I had real trouble listening to this podcast, probably my own fault. I wanted to wind back a bit on a section and ended back at the start - twice! Then I got a George Carlin piece come in just as Sibel Edmonds started to speak. Then I got back to the beginning again and gave up a bit at that point but will hear the rest later when I can sit still for a longer time!

[linked image]
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)