<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Necessary - a sense of humour

April 11 2008 at 9:52 AM
  (Login BlueJudah)
Sufi

Just as a starter:

After God created the world, He made man and woman. Then, to keep the whole thing from collapsing, He invented humour. ~Bill Kelly, "Mordillo"

If I had no sense of humour, I would long ago have committed suicide. ~Mahatma Gandhi

The kind of humour I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes. ~William Davis

Above all else: go out with a sense of humour. It is needed armour. Joy in one's heart and some laughter on one's lips is a sign that the person down deep has a pretty good grasp of life. ~Hugh Sidey

(from the Quote Garden)

I see this next quote as one that helps a lot of us get through the traumas of the world, personal or global.

Humour prevents one from becoming a tragic figure even though he/she is involved in tragic events. ~E.T. Eberhart

I read something just now. It said ‘religious zealots have no humour’.
Recently it has seemed the case 'elsewhere'.

This next quote though I would read as ‘in the presence of the religious zealot’ because I know we have our more humorous Christian sisters and brothers with a lot of laughs to share and that humour sharing, I feel, is a great communicator.

“A sense of humour always withers in the presence of the messianic delusion, like justice and truth in front of patriotic passion”

Henry Louis Mencken

I just got these jokes from a Christian joke web site. It’s quite funny actually!
(OK, so I like silly but clean humour..)

Nelson Mandela is sitting at home watching the telly when he hears a knock at the door. When he opens it, he is confronted by a little Chinese man, clutching a clip board and yelling, "You sign! You sign!" Behind him is an enormous truck full of car exhausts. Nelson is standing there in complete amazement, when the Chinese man starts to yell louder. "You sign! You sign!" Nelson says to him, "Look mate, you've obviously got the wrong bloke. Push off", and shuts the door in his face. The next day he hears a knock at the door again. When he opens it the little Chinese man is back with a huge truck of brake pads. He thrusts his clipboard under Nelson's nose, yelling, "You sign! You sign!" Mr Mandela is getting a bit hacked off by now, so he shoves the little Chinese man back, shouting: "Look, push off ! You've got the wrong bloke! I don't want them!" Then he slams the door in his face again. The following day, Nelson is resting, and late in the afternoon, he hears a knock on the door again. On opening the door, there is the same little Chinaman thrusting a clipboard under his nose, shouting "You sign! You sign!" Behind him are TWO very large trucks full of car parts. This time Nelson loses his temper completely, he picks up the little man by his shirt front and yells at him; "Look, I don't want these! Do you understand? You must have the wrong name! Who do you want to give these to?" The little Chinese man looks at him very puzzled, consults his clipboard, and says: "You not Nissan Maindealer?" (boom boom )

A panda walks into a restaurant, sits down and orders a sandwich. He eats the sandwich, pulls out a gun and shoots the waiter. As the panda stands up to go, the manager shouts, "Hey! Where are you going? You just shot my waiter and you didn't pay for your sandwich!" The panda yells back at the manager, "Hey man, I'm a PANDA! Look it up in the dictionary!" The manager opens his dictionary and sees the following definition for panda: "A tree dwelling marsupial of Asian origin, characterized by distinct black and white colouring. Eats shoots and leaves." (haha - )

What do you get when you cross an atheist with a Jehovahs Witness?.... Someone who knocks at your door for no apparent reason.

And one for the atheists….smile! Bet ya will just love it. (Whoever you are..

The story is told of the Atheist who accosted a preacher. "Do you believe in eternal life?" The preacher has no time to reply. "Well its a load of rubbish!" shouted the Atheist. "I believe in science, evolution, survival of the fittest, and when we die, that's it! No eternal life, no great judgement, and no God!" The Atheist continues his assault against the preacher repetitiously and tirelessly. "Eternal life! Eternal life! Ha! "Its all pie in the sky when you die." When I die that's it, the end, no eternal life, no nothing. He continues, until he reaches his climax, "I will be buried six feet under when I die and that's it! Nothing! Caput! When I die I am utterly convinced that that will be the end of me!" "Well thank God for that" replies the preacher!

http://www.spotlightministries.org.uk/jokes.htm

Indeed, life is a serious business but without joy in one's life forget putting any wrongs to right.

Love and LIGHT
Jackie

We are all of 1 Spirit
and
1 Spirit is The All That Is!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Bob
(Login bobquit)
Sufi

Jackie those are great

April 11 2008, 8:01 PM 

I especially like the one about the panda - "eats shoots and leaves" hehehe

"Just another leper in the colony"

Respond to this message   

Vince
(Login MoxiFox)
Sufi

I liked the one

April 11 2008, 10:31 PM 

about crossing an atheist with a JW.

Now, what would you get if the Mormons sent out pairs that were Mormon and atheist?

An entertaining debate in your own living room.~

-Vince

Respond to this message   
Bob
(Login bobquit)
Sufi

What do you get?

April 11 2008, 10:47 PM 

What do you get when you cross an insomniac, an agnostic, and a dyslexic?

Someone who stays up all night wondering if there is a Dog!

Don't blame me - Groucho Marx is responsible

"Just another leper in the colony"

Respond to this message   

Vince
(Login MoxiFox)
Sufi

That's pretty good

April 12 2008, 1:56 AM 

Bob. Have you had enough sleep lately?~

People have asked me at times whether I've been hitting the sauce while posting. I honestly wasn't drinking (alcoholic content drink) but ............ I might have been sleep-deprived, I suppose.~~

-Vince

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Necessary - a sense of humour
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index