<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Silent Giving - A Simple Walking Prayer

June 12 2008 at 10:49 AM
  (Login BlueJudah)
Sufi

Silent Giving - A Simple Walking Prayer
Annie B. Bond
http://www.care2.com/greenliving/simple-walking-prayer.html

What a beautiful concept: to spread loving peace with every step. The Native American teacher, Oh Shinnah, says that city sidewalks contain many fragments of crystals, and that these crystals pick up the frame of mind, heart, and spirit with which we walk on them and then transmit them to others. If we keep this in mind, Simple Giving becomes an even more powerful practice.

Find out how to do this simple walking prayer.

As you pass people, animals, trees, or any beings, silently send out love from your heart. Be aware that the Great Spirit is continually pouring Unconditional Love through you to everyone you see and through everyone else as well. However, it’s up to us to take that vibratory energy and willingly project it out to others. Watch your thoughts, let judgments go, and just feel love, serenity, and joy radiating out to all who come near you.

It is easier to be in this giving vibratory state when you are silent. Once you begin to communicate verbally with others, it becomes more difficult. But the silent giving exercise helps us all to develop the ability so that we can use it when we are talking as well.

Love and LIGHT
Jackie

We are all of 1 Spirit
and
1 Spirit is The All That Is!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(no login)

prostitutes

June 12 2008, 12:01 PM 

I noticed one thing about American sidewalks////// Prostitutes, pimps,and drugs

Now then Jackie////the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.PLEASE!!

http://com4.runboard.com/bcoventryalternativeforums.f6

Respond to this message   
Jackie
(Login BlueJudah)
Sufi

The WHOLE Truth - you kidding me, huh??

June 13 2008, 12:19 AM 

Just Gimme SOME Truth...........

Unconditional love, Jobee dearest.

I admit I am no where near that yet, but to me it sure seems The Way.
Yeah, definately. Knowing the Theory and The Living of the Theory....different, uh?

Love and LIGHT
Jackie

We are all of 1 Spirit
and

Respond to this message   

(no login)

A truly great American

June 13 2008, 12:47 AM 

I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Carl_Sagan

http://com4.runboard.com/bcoventryalternativeforums.f6

Respond to this message   
Jackie
(Login BlueJudah)
Sufi

Love has nothing to do with any afterlife, Jobee

June 13 2008, 4:10 AM 

The way I think, is that no matter what our beliefs are, it is NOW that we each need to live for.

I see no need for knowing if there is or is not an afterlife. All I can say is that I know things have happened, do happen, that are not what many may regard as the 'norm'.

Now this just says to me that there are things around that we are just not able to understand yet. But that this may not always be the case.

I am not sure if there is any sort of afterlife myself. Nothing I have ever come across points to this as a fact either. But within I feel a Something and this something has nothing to do with any religious god.

It is a pretty lively Something! A joy and a pleasure and a great Inspirator. I seem very recently to have decided, for now anyhow, just to call it Spirit.

What is Spirit to me? This Thing we are all from. As we are born of It, we also contain It and we seem to be Within It......

( The Native American 'myths' are the closest I have got to hearing from others the Spirit I resonate to myself. The following is from http://www.livingmyths.com/Native.htm)

Among all tribes there is a strong sense that behind all individual spirits and personifications of the divine, there is a single creative life-force, sometimes called ‘the Great Mystery’, which expresses itself throughout the universe, in every human, animal, tree and grain of sand. Every story, too, is a working out of this life-force.

Whatever. This Spirit appears to me to be of Love. And for whatever reason, human kind 'went wrong', (very vague on this cos I am just not sure..just still picking up as I go along..). Anyway, a LOT behind that thought. It just means to me anyway, the same it might mean to many of have never thought in terms of a Great Spirit, or have and just don't see It. We all still need to be earthed, to live for the Moment. To be the best we can.

It indeed is the case some can feel Spirit, and call It other names, give it Things, I don't see it IT. That's for sure. But whatever It is, It is for all. It has to be, cos it is ALL. I sure believe we are It's experiences. Why do I think that? I have no idea. It resonates almost Absolute where so much has not appealed at all, or once did and then has served it's purpose.

Anyhow! Before I rattle on. Carl Sagan. Indeed, a wondrously inquiring mind.

I was first introduced to Carl on my second ever forum by an atheist. And I am glad to be reminded of him.

"I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking."

Interesting quote you chose from him, Jobee.

I have no doubt that as Energy forms, 'we' never die, we just transform. Now, whether in that transformation, we keep some of our earth personalities, or indeed from other experiences, I can, of course, only guess. I do work along those lines myself. Maybe indeed trough wishful thinking, but I think not.

I would say we are Spirit, and Spirit divides (for whatever reasons) and we then get a 'clump of Spirit' () becoming Soul, or individuality / ego. Not just for a one life experience but many. And that soul will not lose memory, BUT maybe, though we lose memory, we keep Experience. memory is not important, whether we have been a priest, prostitute or Carl Sagan before.
It is the Soul we are now, the combination of experiences, that hopefully we use in any present life.

(Isn't memory and experiences pretty sameness? There is a difference. Just not phrasing it right, I think?)

"But much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking."

Carl may not have known anything to suggest otherwise but many have and do, of course.

WHAT may be behind these metaphysical ideas though is just too diverse to ever get down to a One Idea. I can't see it ever happening. It just appears to me some people do experience THINGS, sensations, Words, Shadows, Touches, Awareness, of that which is not seen. And some do not.

Carl is an atheist, isn't he? But you know, he did actually say some wonderfully spiritual stuff. And why not? One does not require religion to be spiritual. He admitted himself that we can only look at stuff with the understanding we have at this time. I go to my list of great 'spiritual' quotes from 'atheists' and I see this from Carl:

"When a comparatively simple, straightforward mathematical expression turns out to correspond to aspects of the natural world . . . believe me, almost every scientist who's experienced that feels the same kind of reverence and awe that we bring to great art and great music."

".........kind of reverence and awe that we bring to great art and great music."

See, a kind of reverence. He gets this feeling his Way and others get it from other Ways.

It is this 'feeling of reverence'.

What names and qualities have been given to this.

I am quiet deist at times, IF I have to label myself. I get this 'reverence' just looking in the garden. Just yesterday in my mum's garden. The two rows of ants deep in their daily tasks from one hole in the ground to another, to build their underground 'homes and workplaces'. The passing by and little slight stops where two or more will 'physically' acknowledge the others, then just carry on. Me watching above, them so aware. And it is "I" who am the revere. But it is also I who feel so At One with them.

The two I's. The "I" and the I.

It is just how IT seems to work for me, Jobee.

From another Carl:

“As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.”

And…………

“Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens.”

I can personally resonate and work with both of these ideas.

I have to go! Thank you, Jobee, for making me ponder a bit today. It has been a pleasure and I hope it continues to be a pleasure....

Love to you........
Love and LIGHT
Jackie

We are all of 1 Spirit
and

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Spirit??????????????????

June 13 2008, 6:41 AM 

I just think this spirit thing cannot be continuous.

Because I knew nothing before I was born.

Respond to this message   
Jackie
(no login)

As I said.......................

June 13 2008, 9:31 AM 

We do not all experience the same experiences. So unless one is happy with faith, and even faith can be blind or conscious, then I can see why some choose the need for experience. That's ok, of course. Just another's Way.

The "I" and the I.................

Love and LIGHT
Jackie

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Perplexed

June 13 2008, 9:50 AM 

Jackie,you,ve been on the net to long.

That was typical internet verbal gymnastics.

[To die and know is heaven]jobee

Respond to this message   
Jackie
(Login BlueJudah)
Sufi

It was?

June 13 2008, 10:26 AM 

Koooooool!!!!!

I admit I am not good at getting certain of my ideas across. If you are interested at all then just google Oneness and Spirit and check out those much better than I am at communicating.....

From Tolle:

"You are not just a meaningless fragment in an alien universe, briefly suspended between life and death, allowed a few short-lived pleasures followed by pain and ultimate annihilation. Underneath your outer form, you are connected with something so vast, so immeasurable and sacred, that it cannot be spoken of - yet I am speaking of it now. I am speaking of it now not to give you something to believe in but to show you how you can know it for yourself."

Sorry about the unintentional 'typical internet verbal gymnastics'.....

As Jung said:

"The shoe that fits one person pinches another; there is no recipe for living that suits all cases."

I would agree with that.

Love and LIGHT
Jackie

Respond to this message   
Jackie
(Login BlueJudah)
Sufi

The purpose of life is to live a life of purpose

June 14 2008, 1:10 AM 

Robert Byrne

Some more neat sayings about LIVING....

The infinite! No other question has ever moved so profoundly the spirit of man.
David Hilbert

The human heart refuses to believe in a universe without purpose.
Immanuel Kant

The world is our school for spiritual discovery.
Paul Brunton

Nobody doubts that he exists, though he may doubt the existence of God. If he finds out the truth about himself and discovers his own source, this is all that is required.
Sri Ramana Maharshi

Love and LIGHT and a good weekend to all
Jackie

We are all of 1 Spirit
and

Respond to this message   
___mn__(^ ¿ ^)__nm___
(no login)

Question, of course, is - what is the meaning of purpose

June 14 2008, 1:54 AM 

As for the quotes themselves, they don't tell us anyting except that they strongly resemble dogma.

However, when one would turn their apparent meanings around, something funny happens; they seem to make sense; at least they tell us something we can comprehend more easily.

Respond to this message   

(Login BlueJudah)
Sufi

Words.......................

June 14 2008, 6:59 AM 

...just don't always do It, really, do they?.............
Smile!

BUT............

WHY do they always have to tell us anything?
Ain't it just nice at times to hear words that appeal to us?

Well, I find it so..........
Jackie

We are all of 1 Spirit
and

Respond to this message   
___mn__(^ ¿ ^)__nm___
(no login)

Well

June 14 2008, 8:53 AM 

... when they appeal to us, they tell us something, don't they?

Respond to this message   
Striver
(no login)

Question, etc.

June 14 2008, 10:17 AM 

Involved in the evolving intellect's arriving at knowing purpose of life, of the planet is, as one fellow remarked, "going from nerdship to nerdship", and is the polar opposite of dogma. As you know, dogma is the result of some individual or religion believeing there are no additional (for them) nerdships. I like the analogy of climbing a mountain with the purpose in mind of allowing one to see endless other, even higher, mountains to climb.

Respond to this message   
___mn__(^ ¿ ^)__nm___
(no login)

It was?

June 14 2008, 1:46 AM 

"The shoe that fits one person pinches another; there is no recipe for living that suits all cases." Yet, the shoe that fits us all is one (and the same).

Respond to this message   
Jackie
(Login BlueJudah)
Sufi

The Human Experience

June 14 2008, 6:58 AM 

Yeah, I agree we ALL fit in the One Shoe...

But the human experience is for a reason. So we have 'individual ego / soul'. Same as there is man made Time and Time Itself.

We need to be able to use human concepts to be able to get a grip with the human experience. Imo,

Love and LIGHT
Jackie

We are all of 1 Spirit
and

Respond to this message   
___mn__(^ ¿ ^)__nm___
(no login)

The Human Experience

June 14 2008, 9:03 AM 

--But the human experience is for a reason.--

It is?

--So we have 'individual ego / soul'. Same as there is man made Time and Time Itself.--

As we have discussed before, "Time" is a concept just as "God" is - and neither one physically exists.

--We need to be able to use human concepts to be able to get a grip with the human experience.-- Imo.

Indeed, and concepts are ideas.

The problem is that humans often confuse who they are with what "their" idea is. They create a false map of themselves when they identify themselves with an idea. They do this all the time. When they identify themselves with an idea they advocate, they set themselves up to be defeated when a better ídea presents itself. This is the root of all conflict.

The principle is that all forms of warfare boil down to a disagreement of ideas, and when parties involved identify themselves with an idea, they try to ‘protect’ themselves by dominating or even destroying parties advocating opposing ideas. For thousands and thousands of years, this was the only way to go. But humans are not in conflict, their ideas are. This is the nature of all conflict.

The solution is that we need other ideas. Ideas that work and solve effectivly. All conflict is effectivly resolved when all parties win. An effective solution carries this as a trade mark. This is science.

The defeat is that those reading this have been exposed to a dominant idea. Ideas replicate, inside of us - outside of us. There's no stopping them. The dominant idea will always prevail, eventually. It will defeat all ideas in conflict with it. This is law, of nature.

"Idea", i.e., opinion, point of view etc..

Respond to this message   
Striver
(no login)

The Human experience

June 14 2008, 10:51 AM 

Replication of ides. Good post. Trans-Himalayan Philosophy's teaching an to the evolution of Cosmos which they say is unending mind...the Hindu "Cosmic Dance Of Shiva"... the Buddhist Astro-Chemistry, the duuality of new and old thought interacting to create a third (a trinity of aspects symbolised in the New Testament by God-Mary-Jesus) which is neither the old nor the new but a growing catalyst bringing about at-one-ment of the three resulting in the One; a temporary One which inevitably becomes acted upon by a new thought and the process is repeated endlessly unto infinity. ...science's "Intrinsically Dynamic Universe".

I agree that we humans are prone to identify with an idea. The Trans-Himalayan approach is to become aware of the idea (an electric frequency) come into resoanace with it, followed by becoming at one with it. The process of becoming...arriving at at-one-ment is the human experience about which Jackie (she will correct me if I'm wrong) speaks. Arriving at knowing purpose is like shooting at targets. We're hitting all around it but just can't (as yet) seem to hit the bulls eye. This process of human mind coming into resonance followed by at-one-ment is, according to T.H. Philosophy, allegorically and symbolically depicted in the not at all new, New Testament.

Respond to this message   
___mn__(^ ¿ ^)__nm___
(no login)

Replication of ideas indeed

June 15 2008, 7:20 AM 

... since we live in a memetic (mimetic) environment.

Respond to this message   

(Login BlueJudah)
Sufi

humans often confuse who they are with what "their" idea is

June 16 2008, 1:15 AM 

And some don't!

We all have to work in The Way that suits us. Science certainly plays a part and I am happy to watch with glee as science itself learns to grow.

Who is the They to you, is the They to others...

Anyway, Striver says it so much better than I.
I'll leave the communicating to him...........

Love and LIGHT
Jackie

We are all of 1 Spirit
and

Respond to this message   
___mn__(^ ¿ ^)__nm___
(no login)

humans often confuse who they are with what "their" idea is

June 16 2008, 6:27 AM 

Yet most do.

We "must" work with what we have to gain what we have not.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Silent Giving - A Simple Walking Prayer
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index