<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

What is this consciousness?

August 17 2012 at 6:08 AM

(Premier Login Oscar50)
Forum Owner

Krishnamurti Quote of the Day

Friday August 17, 2012

Ojai, California | 8th Talk in the Oak Grove 24th May, 1936

What is this consciousness? It cannot have any location, nor can it divide itself as high and low. Consciousness is composed of many layers of memories, ignorance, limitations, tendencies, cravings. It is discernment and has the power of comprehending ultimate values. It is what we call individuality. Don't ask: Is there nothing else beyond this? That will be discernible when this "I" process comes to an end. What is important is to know oneself, and not what is beyond oneself. You are only seeking reward for your efforts, a something to which you can cling in your present despair, uncertainty and fear, when you ask: Is there something else beyond this "I"?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login Harpazo)
Sufi

rising above your present "I" to find a higher, greater I.......

August 17 2012, 12:16 PM 

the work of these days is to rise above the present "I" (ego) to find a higher and greater "I" that is our only hope for saving our species and our planet

this is the message of all religions and this is the ego's most interesting topic of discussion these days

but the problem is the ego is OUTDATED for what we need to SAVE ourselves and our planet

and only those who have RISEN ABOVE their present state to a newer higher state can say for sure if its true or not because they are LOOKING at it from above and not in the midst of the problem:

the sad news is if those in the present state of consciousness or the present state of I don't find a connection to the next level of "I" their memory goes with the OUTDATED SYSTEM...........except maybe in fossils, records etc

like all evolution, the present I is coming to an end

what can ANYONE do to really make this as important as it is in reality to those who are satisfied REPORTING the news

without being affected by it

I left this on WOB and will leave it here too

http://www.laitman.com/2012/08/earths-collapse-is-imminent/

Respond to this message   

(Premier Login Oscar50)
Forum Owner

Um, "I" understand this

August 18 2012, 8:55 PM 

To mean that "I" is illusion. Separateness, and duality, are illusory.

Respond to this message   

(Login Harpazo)
Sufi

every see or read about cell division

August 19 2012, 7:23 AM 

read up on it: I know you can look up anything on the internet; you have that gift so look up cell division; HOW LIFE GROWS

you will discover that cells divide and then come together in a bigger way:

this is the same the spirit world works since the spirit is the root of manifestation:

consider spindle fibers and what they do before the cell divides

it is the example of the serpent lifted up

see if you can use your deductive reasoning with nature and not just someone elses

Respond to this message   

(Premier Login Oscar50)
Forum Owner

The real mystery

August 19 2012, 9:05 PM 

Is how cells came into being. They're amazingly complex.

Oh, speaking of mysteries. Energy. Everything is energy. So where does mass come from?

Fun things to think about.

Respond to this message   

(Login Harpazo)
Sufi

yeah fun

August 20 2012, 7:05 AM 

its all a program........it is written the "WORD" is from the beginning: there are no cells in other words but they are a program that appears and disolves and reapears in another FORM etc

understanding the WORD then, the program, is very very important to the final level of evolution which is the FORMATION of MAN.......by this program

what this really means, is UNDERSTAND the program

and you understand the programmer

good luck with that

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - What is this consciousness?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index